Prev_page Previous 1
Greetings 08/02/2003 09:00 PM CDT
Greetings. I have returned from voyages afar. I am glad to see many familiar faces still about upon the streets.

Granyt Fyrforge
Re: Greetings 08/03/2003 08:57 AM CDT
I've sensed you about, Granyt. Welcome back! And if you can send a scroll my way I'll try to see my way clear to visit you.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy
Greetings again. 06/28/2004 07:51 AM CDT
Well, I have once again found my way back to the realms. There have been a lot of changes in my absence! Good to see there are still familiar faces around. I hope to run into some of you again soon.

Cadmuson De'Uess
Re: Greetings again. 06/28/2004 10:24 PM CDT
Glad to see ya back Cad. Yep, many of us "old timers" are still about.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Greetings again. 06/29/2004 02:30 PM CDT
Curious...what determines an old timer? Im wondering ifI should get ready for the metimucil and geritol or if I have some time yet?

Konnor

"This may be a Fantasy world, but it sure isnt UTOPIA." - Konnor
Re: Greetings again. 06/29/2004 07:06 PM CDT
If you fart dust, yer old.

Mordril
Re: Greetings again. 06/29/2004 08:40 PM CDT
Some info on being old:

The game has been open since....feb 04 1996
Total of 8 Years, 4 months, and xx days DR has been around.

? for everyone, how long have you been around DR prime as the same character you first started with, and who is that character?

answer for me:
Ellsdragon Dride
8 years, 1-3 Months, ?? on day approximately

I can't remember exactly which month I started in, I do remember that once it opened for AOL I was playing. I was told Genie lasted about 1-2 months (anyone able to confirm this???) before it opened for AOL too.
Re: Greetings again. 06/29/2004 11:14 PM CDT
<<If you fart dust, yer old.

<<Mordril

I cant tell you what happens when i fart...

Clynlyn

Check out Genie2 A Great New FE
http://www.clanshroud.org/genie

Are You Rude? Wear RudeWear Gear.
http://www.rudeweargear.com/
Re: Greetings again. 06/29/2004 11:15 PM CDT
Feb 16 1996 i believe for aol open beta. There was a closed alpha in october and november ithat i'm pretty sure of. And i have been around since then in one form or another , but clyn is approaching 8 as well. At least in august.

Clynlyn

Re: Greetings again. 06/30/2004 12:05 AM CDT
Lets see...started playing in mid 1998. I remember when GemStone and DragonRealms was on AOL, but didn't play, I played Federation (if you remember the other text games on AOL). Derik it was then, and Derik it is now.

Derik
Re: Greetings again. 06/30/2004 02:46 AM CDT
Well My first Paladin was a poor lil Elf who didn't know to train strength or stamina..once After three weeks of not being able to stand in anything but leather armor Leucius came into the picture..and that was just a tad over five years ago

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Greetings again. 06/30/2004 07:37 AM CDT
Sweet, I feel like a young whipper-snapper, barely passing 2 years.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Greetings again. 06/30/2004 07:53 AM CDT
>prem 10
You've been a premium account holder for 1004 days, which translates to 33 months.

I played a couple of months as a basic subscriber, so call it about 3 years. I play Slaris almost all the time, but I also have a thief and a ranger.
Re: Greetings again. 06/30/2004 08:15 AM CDT
I guess I've been around as Mordril for about 6 yrs in July.
Re: Greetings again. 06/30/2004 11:28 AM CDT
Been playing for about 5 years, although Tonet is only about 6 months old.

~Tonet, yours in life and death, for need or want.
Re: Greetings again. 06/30/2004 01:39 PM CDT
Old.

As dirt.

Drongol's Player

PC also stands for "Paying Customer."
Re: Greetings again. 06/30/2004 02:16 PM CDT
I have been playing Konnor since 1997, Im unsure of the month, Im guessing early fall tho, so maybe September or October. I started out entering thru MSN the Zone, and transfered over to play.net to bypass access issues. I did have one more Paladin for about a week. He was Gefden, and had barely reached 5th circle when he tried stealing, because someone saidf the best defense against it was to learn it...oh how gullable I was at the time. It was easier to just reroll, didnt lose anything significant, andsomeone held onto my armor..but Konnor has been my one and only charecter for a great many years, and will continue to be my only one.

Konnor

"This may be a Fantasy world, but it sure isnt UTOPIA." - Konnor
Re: Greetings again. 06/30/2004 02:53 PM CDT
I been playing over 2 years too. 2 months basic account, 1 month locked out for teaching away from keyboard. (did not know was against rules at the time, tought only running scripts afk was the bad thing =P) and You've been a premium account holder for 770 days, which translates to 25 months, that long in premium. As for Old timer, I think it dont matter circles and consider old timers to me guild wise are people who been playing Dr for a long time like all the big and little Paladins now who have been with the guild least 4 years or so. I have tons of Respect for them all for staying with the guild. Its not the easy to be a paladin down the long run, lots of things we need work on, but seems like now we are getting the help we need. =I

Ssra for Paladin guru!!
Re: Greetings again. 06/30/2004 04:05 PM CDT
<< The game has been open since....feb 04 1996

Open beta on GEnie. There were a few folks around before then, but apparently by invitation. There was also a database reset later in February that forced everyone to roll up new characters. I don't know the date of that. I think Diancecht had kept and posted a date record of those times; perhaps someone still has a copy.

The current Glenlivet was rolled up a day or two after the last database reset in 2/96. His predecessor (first day rollup) got killed and walked, so the current character was "reborn". Prior to the reset I had managed to get a Ranger to second circle (harder back then...), but decided to go for the closest Guild to a Gemstone-2 Fighter instead when the reset forced everyone to start over.

The PIN that identifies your character, and used to transfer a character from GEnie, aol, or plodigy to the web, used to have a sequential number after the hyphen; the first post-reset Glenlivet was under 20. The current is well below 100. It would be interesting to know how many of us old 1 or 2-digit folks are left (Ellsdragon is, I'd bet; Lathaen was one also but he's long gone...)

Glenlivet MacLaren
8 years, 4 months, ? days. When was that reset?????
Re: Greetings again. 06/30/2004 06:34 PM CDT
Lennon has been around since July or August of 1998 =/

--Just a "clueless" Squire
Re: Greetings again. 06/30/2004 08:32 PM CDT
After checking me credit card payments it seem Wodie and I have been in the realm since sept 99. Think I did that free month thing, I knew not to start playing this game, as I wouldnt never leave if I did.

Have not joined the offical roster yet, thought I would wait untill I completed back training armor reqs then offically join the guild roster here, dont fell much like I am part of the guild when I aint circled for over a year. <grins>

Ta
Wodie
Re: Greetings again. 06/30/2004 11:34 PM CDT
<<<Old.

As dirt.

Drongol's Player>>

I can second that. I'm prolly about as old as His dirt. Even if he dont like my name, i still tollerate the dwarf.

Ranmadar
Let the ranks fly baby

Re: Greetings again. 07/01/2004 12:10 AM CDT
I've been playing since Nov 97, taking breaks here and there but never closing my account.

I came back in about March after a 3 year break roughly, never bothered to post here when I did...same reason, hadnt circled since Sorrow. <grins>

After 3 months being back, I caught up on the req changes and finally circled to 38th last night!!

Ahh, its good to be home =)

-Leandrae Koralise
Finally circles after 3 and a half years!
Re: Greetings again. 07/01/2004 06:06 AM CDT
Cadmuson was created in August of 2000 roughly. I played him for about a year, then left. It seems, that every June/July I get a hankering to play again. This time though, I have more time to devote to playing and I can actually afford the extra cash. It's amazing how much money you can save by not eating fast food! :)
Re: Greetings again. 07/02/2004 03:27 PM CDT
Redarch climbed down from the Mountains where his home village lies sleeping and found his way to Crossing shortly after the Web Migration. My mind slips occasionally but I believe that was in the early part of 1997 (March/April I think?).

And as for Leandrae circling again finally, congrats. Ol Redarch ain't circled since the guild requirements change and still has .. 26 more ranks of HP to go before he can again?

Not a complaint, just an acknowledgement that Red comes out to play and have fun and be "all the Paladin he can be", so there isn't really a "drive" to gather ranks and circle again. He just has fun and lets the ranks fall as they may, which is probably why I am having more fun living in his skin now than I did when I took leave of the Realms for a bit over a year.

Redarch
Re: Greetings again. 07/02/2004 03:52 PM CDT
<<Redarch climbed down from the Mountains where his home village lies sleeping and found his way to Crossing shortly after the Web Migration. My mind slips occasionally but I believe that was in the early part of 1997 (March/April I think?).

web migration is summer of 97. I just graduated out of HS or around that time. So its like june/july 97 starting.

Clynlyn

Re: Greetings again. 07/02/2004 04:27 PM CDT
I've been playing Relayer since the fall of 97 thereabouts.

Relayer

http://darkanvil.bravepages.com/Index.html

You can fight
Without ever winning
But never ever win
Without a fight
Re: Greetings again. 07/04/2004 09:53 PM CDT
Nikki's been around since, oh, middle-to-end of 1996. Wouldn't know it by her lack of cicling though ;)

Tina, Player of Nikkira

"Oh, come on. If you can't laugh at the walking dead, who can you laugh at?"
-- Dan Fielding
Re: Greetings again. 07/06/2004 06:42 PM CDT
I can't pinpoint a start date but I do remember playing in the fall of '96. In my training, I have had a couple periods of rest totaling about a year and a half.

AOL really liked seeing my payment before they went unlimited.

- Kurgan
Re: Greetings again. 07/07/2004 04:23 PM CDT
I started playing about 6 months before DR moved to the web from AOL, so it's been a while for me now. Took about a year off too, so maybe about 5 or 6 years for me?

-Advocate Alaxndr
"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His words speak only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."
Re: Greetings again. 07/07/2004 10:27 PM CDT
Welcome back Alaxndr. Tis good to see ya back with us again. And you arrived JUST in time to learn all the changes that took place while you were gone, but before all the OTHER changes from the DR2 engine hits. I shudder to think what some of the folks that left 2 years ago are gonna think when they come back after a year of DR2 coding changes.

Redarch
Re: Greetings again. 07/07/2004 10:57 PM CDT
Greetings All,

I guess I don't like posting because I never have enough time to read all them posts, so my posts are few and far between, some have been good, others have stunk, such is life.

Frodes was my first character (when I didn't know you could re-roll for attributes <mutters>) and he was "launched" right after the web migration in late July '97 - I think that puts me in the "old as dirt category".

While I have taken some time off, to venture to other worlds, and to play other characters, he has and will always be, my favorite. Even during the 12 months it took for him to catch up with his new armor requirements.

Marshal Frodes Hammershmit of Therengia

You were born on the 12th day of the 8th month of Skullcleaver the Dwarven Axe in the year of the Crystal Snow Hare, 335 years after the victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Greetings again. 07/08/2004 12:11 AM CDT
<< he was "launched" right after the web migration in late July '97 - I think that puts me in the "old as dirt category".

GEnie open beta to AOL beta - mummified remnants of weathered dirt

AOL beta to AOL unlimited pricing - well weathered dirt, occasional small pea gravel

AOL unlimited to web migration - numerous as the grains of sand on a beach, with scattered dog poop

Web migration to Magic 2.0 - Rolling stones but gathering some moss

Magic 2.0 to major combat changes - ...

OK, I'm out of ideas and its late...
Re: Greetings again. 07/23/2004 10:23 AM CDT
Almost 4 years I think. A few months before the Paladin guild was closed by Darius to the elders and all the Paladins went to Theren.

I am not too good on times, so using that as a reference from when my character was around.

Player of Divy

Eoworfinia says, "I'm just along ta keep her out of trouble mind ya"
You ask, "when do I ever get in trouble?"
Eoworfinia asks, "when you are with me?"
Sidune laughs softly.
Greetings from a young one 09/19/2005 08:58 PM CDT
Hello, everyone. I thought I would introduce myself. I'm Sankari and have joined the guild a few days ago. I hope to meet many more Paladins soon. I'm in Crossing.
Re: Greetings from a young one 09/19/2005 11:05 PM CDT
Greetings and Welcome to the Guild Sankari. Feel free to ask any questions either here or if ya run across me in the Realms.

Redarch
Re: Greetings from a young one 09/20/2005 06:00 AM CDT
welcome to the guild. Just recently someone else asked for some tips so it should just be a few things back. If ya have any other questions feel free to ask!
Re: Greetings from a young one 09/20/2005 06:29 AM CDT
Not being mean or anything, but you should be introducing yourself in the guild as well as here. I was around before football last night, albeit playing my normal obnoxious self in the guild, and saw your shiny new character buzz in/out several times without saying a word.

Welcome to the guild.
Re: Greetings from a young one 09/20/2005 06:32 PM CDT
I will certainly do that! I was excited about going on my first quest so was rushing around a bit. ; )

Thanks, everyone, for the welcome!

Sankari
Re: Greetings from a young one 09/22/2005 06:01 PM CDT
Welcome Sankari!

~Maece

"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys?" ~Rex Kwan Do~
Prev_page Previous 1