Prev_page Previous 1
Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 03/23/2016 03:57 AM CDT
Several guilds have the ability to detect signs of necromancy, but one of the guilds that you'd most expect to be anti-Necromancer has been left out.

It would be nice if, at the very least, Paladins had some ability to detect signs of necromancy (perhaps past a certain level of divine outrage). This could be tied into sacred insight (Paladin power perception), which is underused due to the fact that it only applies to grave goods (rarely needed due to DEPART ITEMS).

Another possibility (perhaps in addition to sacred insight) is that our holy buffs would show visible signs of being hostile to Necromancers past a certain level of divine outrage, as Cleric buffs do. (Last time I tested, when I cast Courage on the entire room, the Necromancer was just omitted from the messaging. A sufficiently corrupt Necromancer could reflexively flinch in response. I would even be OK with that granting consent if other necromancy detection tools grant consent.)

It would be nice to have some offensive options as well (for sufficiently corrupt Necromancers and/or for cursed/evil beings), such as a special smite. (Right now smite is underwhelming; it is ripe for development.)

Unfortunately, Paladins lack a strong identity, since Clerics have gradually assumed much of the traditional Paladin role. Elanthian Paladins used to have an anti-Thief flavor, but this has lost urgency ever since the advent of Necromancers, who are arguably a much greater threat. Perhaps "anti-Necromancer" could be one avenue for distinguishing Paladins from Clerics. (They already get the best tools for hunting the undead.)

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

sortable list of all Trader-owned shops and inventory: http://www.elanthia.org/TraderShops/

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 03/23/2016 04:02 AM CDT
Paladins in general have always struck me as hunters of the evil-doer. While the Cleric hunts the metaphysical spawn of evil -- the undead, the demonic, the damned soul -- the Paladin hunts their creators, the actual mortal, living people steeped in evil and guilty of committing atrocities.

So tangentially related to this suggestion, which I really like, what if Paladins had additional damage bonuses against cursed beings? It would be a way of mechanically delineating Clerics from Paladins in terms of what their magic is most effectiveness. Holy magic in general can work well on both, but Clerics get extra bonuses against undead while Paladins get extra bonuses against living but cursed beings.

It fits into the general pathos of a Paladin I think to be tasked with destroying evil men instead of monsters.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 03/23/2016 11:05 AM CDT
I'd love to see sacred insight expanded and I agree that paladins should be the epitome of anti-necromancer. That said, I don't know how I feel about that being our niche simply because, well, I don't get a chance to fight/hunt necromancer PCs or NPCs often at all. On the other hand, there are plenty of undead creatures, some of which can't even be touched without proper assistance/preparation, so anti-undead is a more useful niche.

My point is I'd rather have ancillary anti-necromancer effects added to our current and future abilities than abilities that can be used exclusively against necromancers. For instance, a smite that hits perceivably harder than a slice or debilitates any opponent, but also temporarily marks the person if a necromancer so (s)he can't leave the room or hide or the necromancer can easily be tracked or whatever else.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 03/23/2016 03:52 PM CDT
Well, that's why I think extending it to "cursed beings" of which there are many would be good.

In conjunction with this, what if Paladins had a spell that allowed them to tag something as a cursed being?

Thayet

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 03/23/2016 04:20 PM CDT
I like any idea that includes marking or branding, especially if those marks carry effects. It fits the glyph theme and it's different traditional DR magic. It also takes care of the question, "How do I use my soul juice to do something to someone else?" Answer: "You channel it using glyphs."
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 03/23/2016 05:24 PM CDT

So, give Paladins detect evil. That and smite evil are the two things Paladins should do.

Now if there were a way for evil people to a crew evil points that'd be even better.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 03/23/2016 06:25 PM CDT
>>2dumbarse: That said, I don't know how I feel about that being our niche simply because, well, I don't get a chance to fight/hunt necromancer PCs or NPCs often at all.

I think you might see more Paladin vs. Necromancer RP if Paladins had tools for fighting Necromancers. (Right now, we do not have any guild-specific tools for detecting or fighting Necromancers.) That being said, my suggestion for offensive abilities or debuffs would not be limited to Necromancers but would also apply to cursed/evil beings. Thayet's idea of a spell or glyph that allows you to temporarily flag someone as cursed would further expand the utility of such abilities.

>>2dumbarse: On the other hand, there are plenty of undead creatures, some of which can't even be touched without proper assistance/preparation, so anti-undead is a more useful niche.

It doesn't sound as though we're likely to get more anti-undead abilities, "because there's already a guild that does that as efficiently as we care to let any PC do it," and "Making Paladins and Clerics even more alike is likely to be counterproductive."

sortable list of all Trader-owned shops and inventory: http://www.elanthia.org/TraderShops/

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 03/23/2016 09:42 PM CDT
>It doesn't sound as though we're likely to get more anti-undead abilities, "because there's already a guild that does that as efficiently as we care to let any PC do it," and "Making Paladins and Clerics even more alike is likely to be counterproductive."

You're right. Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was just contrasting niches to prove how anti-necro is a little too niche, not to imply I want to be another undead hunter.

>I think you might see more Paladin vs. Necromancer RP if Paladins had tools for fighting Necromancers.

That's a fair point.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/07/2016 01:01 AM CDT
Late, but this:

<<Paladins in general have always struck me as hunters of the evil-doer. While the Cleric hunts the metaphysical spawn of evil -- the undead, the demonic, the damned soul -- the Paladin hunts their creators, the actual mortal, living people steeped in evil and guilty of committing atrocities.

And this:

>>I think you might see more Paladin vs. Necromancer RP if Paladins had tools for fighting Necromancers.

More RP is always good. Of course, we can do this without new abilities with some effort.

~~~
True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/07/2016 01:48 AM CDT
>>Sebestyen64: More RP is always good. Of course, we can do this without new abilities with some effort.

Is it possible? Sure. But right now, Clerics and Moon Mages have the main detection abilities, so they tend to be the most prominent in groups like the Inquisition.

When it comes to Necromancer hunting, Paladins really are no better at it than Rangers. This seems like both a missed opportunity and one area where Paladins can get some love without trespassing in another guild's wheelhouse.

Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/07/2016 07:50 AM CDT
Would be funny for a Glyph of Truth that revealed:
1) if someone killed recently
2) if someone is flagged as a graverobber
3) if someone has criminal charges
4) if someone has Social Outrage
5) if someone has Divine Outrage
6) if someone is explicitly a Necromancer

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/07/2016 09:15 AM CDT
>Is it possible? Sure. But right now, Clerics and Moon Mages have the main detection abilities, so they tend to be the most prominent in groups like the Inquisition.

I, too, have found it odd that we have no tools to detect necromancy. Our Sacred Insight is not that sacred.

>Would be funny for a Glyph of Truth that revealed:
>1) if someone killed recently
>2) if someone is flagged as a graverobber
>3) if someone has criminal charges
>4) if someone has Social Outrage
>5) if someone has Divine Outrage
>6) if someone is explicitly a Necromancer

I like the suggestions above, but I would rather have it tied to Sacred Insight than a glyph. The only one I think should probably be left out is number 5. I feel like Clerics should be able to detect DO and paladins should be able to detect SO. Regardless, both holy guilds should be able to detect at least some of the taint of necromancy IMO, like a brand, so 6 fits both guilds.

I remember being excited to do the Sacred Insight quests, and then subsequently never really finding a good reason to use it aside from Raiden eyes. I also remember someone assuming in a cryptic post that Paladins could detect necromancy via Sacred Insight around the time the Necro guild was released, and that's probably because it sounds so much like the effect fits the ability.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/07/2016 10:25 AM CDT
>I like the suggestions above, but I would rather have it tied to Sacred Insight than a glyph<

This. Right now sacred insight is a neat idea, but has extremely limited usefulness. To expand it to any breech of a "social contract", whether divinely inspired, or more mundane, fits into where it sounds like this guild is going (wants to go).

Perhaps it could also be something tied to our Spidey sense, clarity, and even holy weapons.

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/07/2016 11:40 AM CDT
The more I read these posts, the cooler "truth" or judgment abilities sounds. It's easy imagining paladins being gifted with the ability to catch things other adventurers might miss through microexpressions or funny feelings or whatever. Like Lennon mentioned, we already do that in many ways, which I honestly never considered all at once. It's easy to extend that (spidey, clarity, etc.) to other sorts of reactive abilities, too, like counterattacks and such.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/07/2016 07:39 PM CDT
I love the idea of paladins being able to detect Necromancers. Aligns very well with our role as holy warriors, defenders of the realm, and so on. I'm not personally interested in PvP (i.e. detecting and attacking a Necromancer), but I would be interested in some type of debuff ability that makes their lives more difficult if we detect them. Upon detecting a Necromancer, the Paladin could trace a glyph (WARD EVIL) that debuffs Necromancer magics or drastically increases the Necromancer's Divine or Social Outrage level?

"We have a name for your disease. We call it a hyper-aesthetic one. You have been encouraged to over-indulge yourself in literature; and have inflamed your organs of fancy."
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/07/2016 08:32 PM CDT
>>Teveshszat: Would be funny for a Glyph of Truth that revealed:

I love these ideas, though thematically, I think they fit better as a form of sacred insight. Warbrolus had an interesting idea about distinguishing between divine outrage (Clerics) and social outrage (Paladins).

Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/07/2016 08:33 PM CDT
>>but I would be interested in some type of debuff ability that makes their lives more difficult if we detect them. Upon detecting a Necromancer, the Paladin could trace a glyph (WARD EVIL) that debuffs Necromancer magics or drastically increases the Necromancer's Divine or Social Outrage level?

FYI this is considered attacking someone, and can/will (rightfully) lead to PvP.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/07/2016 09:10 PM CDT
You could make them a room based glyph to avoid that.

GLYPH WARD EVIL - Increases attunement costs for all arcane spells and/or reduces arcane mana levels and/or increases and/or adds DO and/or SO gain in the area for a time.

Probably would have to break that up into different glyphs or maybe make it skill based off of Ascetism with different tiers that have cumulative effects or something.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/07/2016 11:25 PM CDT
Still kiiind of a grey area IMO. My rule of thumb is if you don't want to fight, don't knowingly do something that messes with another PC's ability to do their thing, whatever their thing is. (I have been known to yell mean things at Clerics for using Meraud's Commune in certain areas.)

I still think that thematically it would be neat if Paladins were in general better at dealing with cursed things, be they PCs or mobs. Just because the obvious application there is Necromancers doesn't mean there aren't a lot of other types of entities that this could apply to.

Take it a step further, maybe, and give Paladins abilities to use against anyone with an active warrant, and/or "criminal" mobs. The latter I realize would take more work though.

Thayet

Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 04:57 AM CDT
>>FYI this is considered attacking someone, and can/will (rightfully) lead to PvP.

My two cents, anything that negatively impacts the play of another PC SHOULD be PvP. With all attached stuffs to that. This does not weaken, or invalidated such an ability, and I would still be all for it.

Samsaren
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 12:34 PM CDT
I've loved the idea of the Necromancer guild. It's the only guild that you can unequivocally say is a bad guy guild, and there are a lot of necromancers who play the role well. The game facilitates different necro playstyles while not-so-subtley reminding the player that he's a bad guy that everyone hates or should hate, and I think that's awesome.

Where I think the game doesn’t do a great job is reminding the players of non-necromancers in the same not-so-subtle fashion that necromancers are really really bad guys. Yeah, there are accuse rewards and some other things, but they don’t elicit the same emotional response as many of the necro penalties. As a consequence, what I see a lot of the time is players who RP indifference toward necromancers, and that’s a shame. The way the lore is written, zombies and ostentatious necromancers should be kill on site, not hanging out outside the Empaths’ guild. If the Paladin guild is the one to lead the charge against Necromancers, I’ll happily take it. I find Paladins are often the biggest champions against them IG anyway, even if it’s sometimes a war of words.

I say give necromancers more ways to be annoying to people rather than more penalties, and give us more ways to fight them. The penalties just facilitate non-necro indifference. If a player doesn’t like PvP or can’t take on a necromancer, (s)he’ll still always have accuse. Hating them IC should be less of an option.

>My two cents, anything that negatively impacts the play of another PC SHOULD be PvP. With all attached stuffs to that. This does not weaken, or invalidated such an ability, and I would still be all for it.

Also, this.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 01:11 PM CDT
>>As a consequence, what I see a lot of the time is players who RP indifference toward necromancers, and that’s a shame. The way the lore is written, zombies and ostentatious necromancers should be kill on site, not hanging out outside the Empaths’ guild. If the Paladin guild is the one to lead the charge against Necromancers, I’ll happily take it. I find Paladins are often the biggest champions against them IG anyway, even if it’s sometimes a war of words.

I think part of the problem is that DR's hero class are pretty historically apathetic toward everything unless it benefits them.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but you know.

If I could essentially live forever and was grossly more powerful than everyone I bumped into each day, I'd probably be a bit less worried about, say, global terrorism.

Might be interesting if, as certain activities took place in towns, certain facilities would start shutting down over time due to fear/abandonment (why would societies stay open in the center of a Necromantic outbreak, or vaults, or banks, or stores, etc), but that's a bigger conversation in another thread, I'm sure.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 02:55 PM CDT
>I think part of the problem is that DR's hero class are pretty historically apathetic toward everything unless it benefits them.

That's what doesn't make sense to me, though. It does benefit them to eradicate necromancy. At least, it's supposed to. Necromancers' very existence threatens the Immortals and, by virtue, their ability to live forever.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 03:05 PM CDT
>> Necromancers' very existence threatens the Immortals and, by virtue, their ability to live forever.

Part of the Philosopher party line is that they're trying to eradicate death, in theory for everybody. Whether you believe that (you shouldn't) is up to you, but more than one version of the story is being told, and it's up to individual PCs who they find more credible.

Mostly, though, people are too apathetic to care about that kind of roleplay, and given its antagonistic nature and the aversion some people have to any kind of PvP, I can't blame people too much.

Thayet

Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 03:50 PM CDT
>Mostly, though, people are too apathetic to care about that kind of roleplay, and given its antagonistic nature and the aversion some people have to any kind of PvP, I can't blame people too much.

That's reasonable. I don't want people to be forced into PvP. I also totally understand the position. I like PvP for the sport of it, but, at the same time, I dislike confrontation IG and IRL. Go figure.

I feel like the game could encourage people to RP necro-hater more is all, especially given how firmly I remember being pushed to believe via game posts and IG events that the class is totally Bad. Interest in it's actually what got me to come back to DR. Given how big a deal that was supposed to be, I've encountered a lot of folks who aren't even sure what's so bad about necromancers? It's an RP opportunity, sure, but necromancers strike me as far less interesting if they're not actually all that bad, and people are apathetic besides. It's also counter to IG stuff. I mean, the only guild that I can rationalize as potentially apathetic is the moon mage guild and only some of 'em maybe kinda sorta.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 03:53 PM CDT
>>That's what doesn't make sense to me, though. It does benefit them to eradicate necromancy. At least, it's supposed to. Necromancers' very existence threatens the Immortals and, by virtue, their ability to live forever.

Moon Mages threaten to tear holes in reality and end the world and Warrior Mages risk planar destruction. Immortals going to keep you alive when you're shoved into a reality of nothing but electricity or the concept of time and space implodes?

Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 03:59 PM CDT
If all of the Plane of Abiding slid down the gullet of the Elemental Plane of Electricity, the Immortals would still be there going "Oh dear, that was such a nice planet."

If all the Plane of Abiding slid down the gullet of the Hunger...?

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 04:10 PM CDT
I know there have been a few discussions in the necroforums about ways to possibly highlight that Necromancers and their ways are more than just a Moon Mage or Warrior Mage fooling around with something bad and I do hope that some of those do actually come into play. It would be nice if there was more of a threat placed on it all just for the RP reasons. I'm all for creating more of a give and take with abilities and stories that highlight these as long as everyone plays by similar rules (regarding consent and all that).
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 04:13 PM CDT
>Moon Mages threaten to tear holes in reality and end the world and Warrior Mages risk planar destruction. Immortals going to keep you alive when you're shoved into a reality of nothing but electricity or the concept of time and space implodes?

The Paladin guild doesn't care that moon mages do that and neither does most of Elanthian society, so why should my character? Everyone and his/her mom, dad and dog considers necromancers to be a world ending plague. Hell, even "Philosophers" don't call themselves necromancers.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 04:48 PM CDT
Please note these are all generalities. It's also probably giving a lot more leeway to a non-RP stance of "I just don't care"

>>The Paladin guild doesn't care that moon mages do that and neither does most of Elanthian society, so why should my character?

I'm not saying your character should. But I am saying that, in a general sense, a character who is worldly/educated enough to be aware of things like the Plane of Probability, the Elemental Planes, the dangerous nature of Sorcery, and the like might be a bit less irrationally terrified of one particular Big Bad just because it's a Big Bad. If a Moon Mage heard that Pelag ai Aldam broke into the Plane of Abiding from the east and that another fragment of Lyras crossed over from the west, 100% of the time they're going to want to take care of Lyras first?

That said, yes, the Immortals are concerned over Necromancy. Probably threatened by it. So what? The Immortals are apparently threatened by some kind of doom and destruction every few years, necromantic or otherwise. The hero class may play dumb about it, but they're well aware that the Immortals are not as all-powerful as they say they are. From subordinates who think they can do better, to a goblin with a cup, to MOLE PEOPLE, every few years one of them is about to succumb to something until the hero class does something about it. Please keep in mind, only one example of the three was Necromantic.

>>Everyone and his/her mom, dad and dog considers necromancers to be a world ending plague. Hell, even "Philosophers" don't call themselves necromancers.

Hero class isn't everyone. Hero class tends to take very few things seriously, for better or for worse. Hero class is probably as apathetic toward dangers except the ones they're particularly invested in as the Immortals are. A hero with a fanatical mob would probably train their zealots to destroy anyone with an interest in removing all the tyrium from the world before considering the danger of an elemental plane crashing into the plane of abiding. Immortals aren't that much different, for whatever reason. And heroes, for better or worse, kinda realize it.

Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 05:00 PM CDT

I see moon mages as the last people to support necromancers. They do enough shady stuff to want to distance themselves and make sure the target is painted else where while at the same time they have seen the end of all do to the hunger. They're the one guild to KNOW how bad it is first hand if they believe the visions they see.

Only real thing that lessens the threat is the ooc fact that the necormancer guild CAN'T end the game tomorrow or even hopefully five years for now. So the threat is removed. Really, alot of it is ooc apathy to nothing happening. Moon mage bob can be an open necro supporter and Kssarh still teaches him new constellations like nothing is going on.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 05:12 PM CDT
>>Only real thing that lessens the threat is the ooc fact that the necormancer guild CAN'T end the game tomorrow or even hopefully five years for now. So the threat is removed.

This could arguably be said for any storyline in DR, ever.

Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 05:15 PM CDT
Literally everyone wants to survive.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 05:36 PM CDT
>Where I think the game doesn’t do a great job is reminding the players of non-necromancers in the same not-so-subtle fashion that necromancers are really really bad guys.

I think the game does a fine job of this in as much as it supports any of its other side-plots. As a story element and gameplay mechanic, necromancers have been a mostly static for years now and they have very naturally outlived interest in them in the same way nobody really cares about Tuesday. Or louts. In-character the profane aegis is unassailable, out of character death is mostly meaningless, there is no progressive metagame -- and maybe their shouldn't be? Player-vs-necromancer isn't what Dragonrealms is about in the same way that world-vs-necromancer is what the Necromancer guild is about.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 06:01 PM CDT
> I think the game does a fine job of this in as much as it supports any of its other side-plots. As a story element and gameplay mechanic, necromancers have been a mostly static for years now and they have very naturally outlived interest in them in the same way nobody really cares about Tuesday.

I just wanted to say that one of my absolute favorite moments was when a necromancer event NPC who had been known to necromancers for a while decided to show himself to the city of Crossing. I liked that it moved the plot from must something happening to Necromancers to a reminder that the guild and associates are not nicest of people. I tell that story often and wish I had a better log of it happening from a layperson's view.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/08/2016 09:33 PM CDT
>As a story element and gameplay mechanic, necromancers have been a mostly static for years now and they have very naturally outlived interest in them in the same way nobody really cares about Tuesday.

I'm willing to accept that if it's the case, but I prefer to think the denouement didn't precede lichdom and Risen.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/09/2016 12:19 PM CDT
One option could be an accuse necromancer supporter function. There can be meter that fills up as you are in the same room as a necromancer who is out in the open, not hiding or inviso. Once the meter fills up to a certain point, you can accuse that person who is in town to the guards as a necromancer supporter. This can be a way to apply SO to characters who openly interact with necromancers. I also think that if you have SO, your guildleaders should just kick you out for being a bad example for the guild.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/09/2016 12:23 PM CDT
<GLYPH WARD EVIL - Increases attunement costs for all arcane spells and/or reduces arcane mana levels and/or increases and/or adds DO and/or SO gain in the area for a time.

How do you propose a paladin would know enough about the process to make that happen? I could understand the SO and DO factor, just couldn't see why a paladin would be able to meddle with a Necro's magic capabilities in an attunement or mana level sense.
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/09/2016 01:40 PM CDT
>How do you propose a paladin would know enough about the process to make that happen? I could understand the SO and DO factor, just couldn't see why a paladin would be able to meddle with a Necro's magic capabilities in an attunement or mana level sense.<

Just spit-balling as I don't really know the ins and outs of sorcery lore-wise, but perhaps with enough sorcery + attunement skill this would be part of their knowledge base?

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: Paladins as Necromancer Hunters 04/09/2016 02:05 PM CDT
Suppose that Paladin magic is diametrically opposed to Necromantic magic. There's a bit of a yin/yang aspect to it (I'm still curious about the black flecks in our mana streams):

>You reach out with your senses and see flaring streams of golden Holy mana radiating through the area. Flecks of black drift >slowly through the mana streams.

Our Glyph of Mana could have a secondary effect that suppresses Arcane mana, perhaps?

"We have a name for your disease. We call it a hyper-aesthetic one. You have been encouraged to over-indulge yourself in literature; and have inflamed your organs of fancy."
Prev_page Previous 1