Prev_page Previous 1
A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 08:49 AM CST
This is not 3.0 related, but in a way I feel it is. One of the biggest relics in the Paladin Guild is Holy Weapon. Its one of our capstone quest(back when 50 was a capstone I guess), and when it was released this was our big guild 'definitive awesome thing'. Its our holy avenger, our Excalibur, our Masamune, etc. People drooled over it when it was released..until they used it.

The system is so aged and bad I know NO paladins that use it actively, and I feel its a shame. I will be brief here, and I hope you will read and consider.

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Holy_Weapon

1) You can only change this weapon out once per IRL year. This is a relic of very anal behavior from design in the past. Loose a weapon or want to upgrade, wait a year? What other guild has something like this.

2) Works of a very limiting charge system (more so given in 3.0 combat will take longer, and thus more hits) that can only be recharged at specific sites in the world. This power oddly came out around the same time as the Dunshade quest, so there was an item to short cut this effect which for most people actually meant a required item to use your holy weapon, as otherwise you are geo-restricted on what you can hunt since after about an hour your weapon needs a recharge. If your weapon looses charges, then you have to spend about two hours NOT using that weapon because you need to recharge it TWICE before it will work(altars have a one hour cooldown. Altars were again being pushed at this time cause they only had 45 minute cooldowns).

3) This is a big one. Holy weapons were blessed and were once the only way a paladin at those times could get a weapon blessed outside of a cleric (later we could punch things). Now with the new Holy Warrior in 3.0 this is moot. We can just bless our weapons whenever we want. This leaves a large part of the features utility as uneeded.

In general the system is archaic and makes one of our coolest potential guild abilities so daunting and user unfriendly that no one chooses to use it. Its full of this old game design that I see GM's actively moving away from that made every action anal and painful on the side of the player. If this was something more minor to our guild than I feel it wouldnt be worth pointing out, but I feel instead this is a major 'feature' of the paladin order that every paladin simply chooses to ignore because its just to daunting to use it without an ancient quest item.

Some ideas: Holy Weapon should become a Glyph in the same sense as other temporary powers, lasting up to a lengthy duration with a soul hit. Only one can exist at a time, but otherwise a Paladin is free to change between them as they see fit. Alternatively this could be a spell or a META effect if RUE and Holy Warrior are active. As to the effect of Holy Weapon, my recommendation would be to add an amount of fire damage to attacks which is enhanced when SMITE is used, as well as adding fire damage to our FST spell when the holy weapon is held in hand. Killing evil critters with our holy weapon might recover a small amount of our smite pool as well?
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 09:26 AM CST

tl;dr
My Suggestion, try not to rationalize all the steps with extras just bullet each item of what the weapon is now, and bullet what you'd like to see the weapon become.

Overall condense your posts please. I too play a Paladin, I too would like Holy Weapons being a cool utility.

As far as:
>2) Works of a very limiting charge system (more so given in 3.0 combat will take longer, and thus more hits) that can only be recharged at specific sites in the world.

--
>This power oddly came out around the same time as the Dunshade quest, so there was an item to short cut this effect which for most people actually meant a required item to use your holy weapon, as otherwise you are geo-restricted on what you can hunt since after about an hour your weapon needs a recharge.
--

>If your weapon looses charges, then you have to spend about two hours NOT using that weapon because you need to recharge it TWICE before it will work(altars have a one hour cooldown. Altars were again being pushed at this time cause they only had 45 minute cooldowns).

Very wordy here, but you seem a bit off here. I believe your talking about the http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Item:Large_gleaming_icon_of_polished_steel_shaped_to_resemble_a_thirteen-pointed_star, which only came out a BIT after this. There were two contests that the winners were supposed to get this style of item, but it took till something like 2011 for the item to be even in existence.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 09:42 AM CST
>contests

I personally have given up. I was one of the winners in the contest to design a new guild hall. It came up a few years ago and Dart said he'd look into it, but nothing was said after that. I was thinking of bringing it up after 3.0 settled down a bit.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Master Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 10:48 AM CST
I don't want to go all negative here, and I want to be constructive, but yes. I thought that had been taken care of. It's one of my whole, Paladins are truly on the back burner.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 12:23 PM CST
Don't Holy Weapons also get an increase in to-hit and damage? Or is that just vs. undead and mostly a function of the bless?

My paladin is too young (and too obsessed with tailoring) to have a holy weapon yet, but when she does, I want her to be able to use it at will, all the time. I know which weapon and have some backstory for it. I'm just waiting on an alteration and a couple dozen circles. Not having one, I don't know if any of the proceeding ideas are any good (and all of them together would probably make it too easy), but here goes:

1) Allow the weapon to be INVOKED to turn it on or off. The weapon will still (if it does) maintain the increased to-hit and damage, but it won't use bless charges. Killing evil/undead things with it while in "off" mode could even cause the weapon to regain charges.

2) Let Alamhif's Sacrifice be castable on our weapon to burn a (chadatru?) favor to partially charge it in a hurry.

3) At least one charge altar in each province, please.

5) Craftable, enchantable charge icons. Extremely difficult of course, and maybe the enchantment would have to be learned through a quest.

6) I agree the once-a-year switching limit is kinda dumb. I feel like destroying the previous holy weapon is cost enough for getting a different one.

>>...Paladins are truly on the back burner.

I don't want to agree with you, but... sigh. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for the Endurance skill (anything you can share about this BTW, GMs?), and hopefully it will be cool. I'd also like to see the Oane event get wrapped up before too long. On the bright side, the 3.0 spells and the way armor and new combat work really do a lot for the foundation of the guild, IMO.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 03:56 PM CST
Thank you for a constructive post (sorry for my downer).

---
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 04:18 PM CST
A nice Band-Aid to make holy weapons more usable would be to remove the penalty for allowing your weapon to run out of charges. Currently, if you allow the weapon to run out of charges, it has to be recharged twice before you can use it again. It takes five minutes to recharge the weapon, and there is a one-hour timer between rechargings. If you make the mistake of using the weapon between those two rechargings, you have to start over.

This, combined with the scarcity of recharging locations, is an onerous system that discourages Paladins from using their holy weapons. (Who wants to count charges while hunting?) In my opinion, holy weapons should only require one recharging before being fully usable. Holy weapons that have run out of charges would continue to function as standard weapons until they are recharged.

I would also like to see more recharging locations and/or a release of additional portable recharging icons.

Lastly, I think that the holy weapon changing quest (which can be done once every 365 days) should not destroy the previous weapon. This would allow Paladins to use special weapons without worrying about losing them if they decide to change their holy weapons later.

>>Rewyn: You can only change this weapon out once per IRL year. This is a relic of very anal behavior from design in the past. Loose a weapon or want to upgrade, wait a year? What other guild has something like this.
If you lose it, you can't replace it. You have to have your old weapon in hand when you do the changing quest. This is why you should register your holy weapon if you haven't already done so.

>>Bisclavret: I know which weapon and have some backstory for it. I'm just waiting on an alteration and a couple dozen circles.

Under the current system, you may want to avoid using something irreplaceable like an altered weapon. If you ever want to change your holy weapon, the old one is destroyed in the process.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 06:06 PM CST
I don't know why holy weapons are so complicated.

Why not just give them a stat boost and perma bless + soul bond while above a certain soul state? Or holy weapon flares (3.0). Seems like one of the coolest mechanics for paladins is currently utter rubbish.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 06:12 PM CST
Lots of great ideas.

I understand the desire for bandaids cause they seem easier, but I really feel the entire system needs to be thrown our and re imagined. Not to say my ideas for that are better (frankly they arnt, they are just shots from the hip) but I feel most aspects of holy weapon are just old.

1) Charges are punishing
2) Recharging is punishing
3) Bless is becoming irrelevant
4) Bonus accuracy is in general diminished in power in 3.0. Bonus damage is nice, but its hard to quantify what this actually is cause it does not seem reliant on any attribute.

Something more liberal, modern and i dont know..bad ass? When I get a holy avenger in a game like baulders gate I feel a sense of "ZMOG". The idea of a knight with a holy weapon to smite down evil is just a classic one, and its understandible why it was made out to be such a huge part of our guilds late game ability progress (as a note, paladins really stop getting anything unique really darn early compared to most guilds. Thats not a GvG thing, its just due to when we received our development and the circle ranges back then).

Anyhow I hope at least one GM notices this and takes a look over the system and considers the playability of something like this. I'm pretty confident if a census of paladins were taken checking for which have holy weapons and have used them last week it would be very very low(my guess would be less than 1% of eligible/active paladins).
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 06:31 PM CST
>Bless is becoming irrelevant

Am I missing something? How is this becoming irrelevant?

"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 06:52 PM CST
>>Am I missing something? How is this becoming irrelevant?

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Holy_Warrior_3.0

Also the general spell system with scrolls is becoming such that if a paladin wanted access to the bless spell, it would be pretty simple to do so.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 06:58 PM CST
I think a Perma-blessed weapon without having to keep this spell up is definitely relevant. Lets you have a different cyclic up instead. I do agree the downsides outweigh the benefits, though.

Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 07:05 PM CST
If recharging is still an issue, maybe the effectiveness of the paladin holy weapon could be tied to soul state rather than needing 'recharged' at all. Higher soul state would make it even more effective, tanked soul could make it ineffective, maybe even stun you if you try to use it in this state.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 07:41 PM CST
If the charges were abolished and tied to soul state AND you were more free to change holy weapons (notably, not being able to perma loose it, or destroying a weapon when you choose to switch between them) that would work. I recommended it be changed to a glyph similar to glyph of mana, where it effectively places a duration based 'buff' on the weapon at the cost of soul pool (not soul state).
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 09:37 PM CST
This adds nothing to the conversation, but it has always annoyed me that Paladins get more spiffy weapon stuff (RUE, holy weapon) than Barbarians.

grumble grumble grumble

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/07/2013 09:54 PM CST
Needless GvG is needless.

That said most paladins would probably give away holy weapon and never think twice about it. Every one I've talked to has either only used it once until they found out how cumbersome it was (then vaulted the holy weapon) or never even done the quest because they heard of how anal the system was.

If barbarians want something like holy weapon, I don't think they will be very happy with it. As far as RUE, I believe you new Tsunami does the same effect to balance/suited(RUE also increases the main damage type, but this is heavily capped with forged weapons. I do not think ive ever seen it increase the category on a special metal weapon for instance).

Back on the subject though, I would love to hear something from GM's. I know 3.0 is A#1 item right now, but knowing if this is even identified as an issue would be really re-assuring. I realize as far as guilds go we are one of the least developed(yep i played that card), but I generally feel that our systems are solid conceptually just out date/touch with the game.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 07:31 AM CST
even though much of the lore is connected to chatatru, i haven't had any problems with paladins i've played with favors from other-than-chadatru. <dwarves with kertigen, s'kra with hav'roth, etc>. Yes, you need to pay homage for certain rituals, but there is absolutely nothing REQUIRED about getting your favors from him.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 10:16 AM CST
Some of this I think is just an issue of how people view Paladins. I tend to view Paladins as champions of a specific deity that doesn't have to be Chadatru, whether or not the lore supports this or not. Basically the D&D version of Paladins. That said I would have no issue, I would find it kind of cool actually, if Paladins could more or less choose the deity that they champion for, with their holy weapon signifying that the deity that they've chosen has favored them. Each deity or their varying aspects would have their own version of what justice is and so while a Paladin of Chadatru would have an issue with fighting stealthily, the Paladin of Damaris would have no qualms about it as Damaris favors that sort of thing, though they would still take issue with sneak attacks (ambushing)and stealing, hiding and sneaking itself wouldn't be a problem.

Whether or not anything like this could happen, I think the ideas of what each deity would allow or the bonuses each deity would grant for being their champion is interesting to think about even if it's sort of fruitless. If it happened it would at least sort of justify the 1 year restriction on getting a new holy weapon (the Paladin shouldn't be hopping to a new deity for PvP convenience!) and could also justify why the old one is destroyed (the deity takes back their badge of office)

p.s. - additionally, it could make some great story/event fodder for a Paladin v Paladin conflict as varying sects argue over their varying ideals of justice.

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 11:57 AM CST

<< I tend to view Paladins as champions of a specific deity that doesn't have to be Chadatru, whether or not the lore supports this or not. Basically the D&D version of Paladins. That said I would have no issue, I would find it kind of cool actually, if Paladins could more or less choose the deity that they champion for>>

This is exactly how I view Paladins and how I role-play my own. The suggestions themselves were just things I pulled off the top of my head as possibilities. I personally would not change my Paladin's deity to Urrem'Tier strictly for the pvp advantage. I tend to feel like each Paladin should adhere to a code that is their own, not necessarily mandated by the guild as a whole. Justice comes in many forms and to suggest that every paladin should be a steadfast beacon of blind justice tends to end in a bunch of characters that are simply carbon copies. The suggestion was to add flavor, not to make paladins more like clerics.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 01:30 PM CST
>> I tend to feel like each Paladin should adhere to a code that is their own, not necessarily mandated by the guild as a whole. Justice comes in many forms and to suggest that every paladin should be a steadfast beacon of blind justice tends to end in a bunch of characters that are simply carbon copies.

I can't agree with this, really. While I might sometimes wish items (fest items and holy weapons and so on) were less tied to Chadatru, following the morals of the patron god of the guild is a fundamental part of the guild's lore and part of what sets it apart from other guilds.

You are not required to follow Chadatru as your primary god (I certainly don't), just to follow his moral code. I think any Paladin player who really cares about RPing his/her character will find ways to make that character not be exactly like every other Paladin.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 01:49 PM CST
So the question is whether paladins are necessarily Lawful Good or could be Neutral Good.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 02:14 PM CST
I don't think its really a question of being lawful good as opposed to neutral good. D&D alignments are somewhat constricting when it comes to interpretation. To me it comes down to whether you allow your character the freedom to bend or even break a law to save a life or advance the greater good. I'm not going to get into a lot of hypothetical situations here but suffice it to say that my character would break that law. Obviously to some that isn't okay, and that's fine. It all comes down to interpretation and not everyone is going to be on the same page with that. Law and Justice don't always coincide.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 02:55 PM CST
I think threads got swapped here guys. This thread is about holy weapons and how terribly unusable they are. Not sure how Chadatru and Gods factor into the system design here.

I think the forums are screwy. Lets get this thread back on track.

Holy Weapons: Ridiculously anal system that no Paladin willingly utilizes, despite being a corner stone power for us and the apex of our 'quests' system.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 03:09 PM CST
I would like to see holy weapons be changeable more often, but I think the issue of destroying the older weapon is a bigger problem. I've seen people alter their weapons before getting them turned into holy weapons, for instance.

It would also be nice to see more altars, perhaps one in each city, that could charge the weapons. Alternately, having a more readily available version of the quest-only icon would help. Perhaps the quest icons could be made to give as many charges as the altars do and the easily available ones would give a lesser number. And I agree with Isharon's suggestion about removing the penalty for running out of charges.

I disagree that a blessed weapon has no purpose in 3.0. While, yes, Holy Warrior will now bless weapons, this allows greater flexibility in not having to have HoW up. You may prefer to use TR and, if you wanted a blessed weapon still, could use your holy weapon.

To offer a different point of view, despite having the Dunshade quest icon, I rarely use my holy weapon in current DR because it actually kills creatures too quickly at level for me. I found myself often running out of spawn entirely, even in somewhat heavy spawn creatures. I will likely use it more in 3.0 when kills are meant to take longer.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 06:46 PM CST
A ways back there was a glitch where a non Paladin was able to pick the lock on the door leading to a quest puzzle room in the Guild on Mer'Kresh. While he was able to get in he couldn' get back out and since he wasn't a Paladin he couldn't activate the way to get back out. I showed up and got the Paladin portion done that he needed and we were able to just walk out the door. The drawback however was that I couldn't do the quest myself as it read me in a specific portion of the quest but without earlier parts that were needed to qualify. I'll chip in on my thoughts once I actualy get fixed which should be shortly, Maece said she was looking into the situation so I'm being patient.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 07:07 PM CST
My Paladin isn't very high, and doesn't have a Holy Weapon, but here's my take on what Holy Weapons should be...

- Blessed, whether charged or not
- Added fire damage (Holy Fire messaging) while charged versus undead, doesn't drain charges
- Added fire damage (Holy Fire messaging) while charged versus living, drains charges
- No penalty for using it uncharged, only have to charge it once
- Either, leave charging locations how they are, or have one per Province, to make icons worth while
- Charging once sets the charges to your cap based on Charisma/Circle
- Using it with a dark soul state has the same effect it does now

If this is deemed unbalanced, perhaps they only benefit if you have pristine soul state.

P.S. I hate that some things activate in the middle of the pristine range.

Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 07:15 PM CST
Possibly...

1) You should be able to change a holy weapon 'at will' with significant RT(60 seconds or more) when in a room with an Altar (any Altar in the game that works for Cleric stuff). New holy weapons start at a charge rate equal to the old holy weapon.
2) You should be able to use any Altar in the game to recharge a holy weapon. Praying at an alter should increase a holy weapon boost significantly.
3) I feel the charge model for mechanics isnt good and does not work well in 3.0 where killing something simply will take much longer. I would prefer that a holy weapon remain 'holy' for a period of time at full 'holyness' (maximum benefit) and then decay based off your soul state to a minimum 'holyness' (meaning at worst, a holy weapon is always going to be better in the hands of a paladin than a duplicate weapon that is not 'holy').
4) Paladins should be able to perceive their weapons to determine how potent the benefits of the holy weapon are.
5) Alamhif's Gift when 'cast weapon' will sacrifice favors to recharge a holy sword.
6) Praying to a pilgrimage badge will also recharge a holy sword, although the boost is small. Personal Altars/Icons boost far more significantly.
7) Killing 'evil' (undead, tainted, etc) creatures will charge a holy sword. Due to kill rates in 3.0 this should be balanced more to extend the life of a holy weapons charge instead of allowing for someone to 'perma' boost it.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 07:17 PM CST
<<- Blessed, whether charged or not
- Added fire damage (Holy Fire messaging) while charged versus undead, doesn't drain charges
- Added fire damage (Holy Fire messaging) while charged versus living, drains charges
- No penalty for using it uncharged, only have to charge it once
- Either, leave charging locations how they are, or have one per Province, to make icons worth while
- Charging once sets the charges to your cap based on Charisma/Circle
- Using it with a dark soul state has the same effect it does now>>

These are nifty ideas. I think if we could use any altar as a charging location, that would really help.

I also want to see icons accessible in game, and have them work not as well as the quest items. I really disdain that the 'makes this system usable' item is tied to a contest or quest reward.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 07:25 PM CST
>tied to a contest or quest reward

To be fair, I don't think any of the contest winners actually received their icons. I think one charging site in every Province would make it much more usable, and make the icons a nice rare thing.

Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 07:29 PM CST
Some provinces are really anal to get around. They arnt all Zoluren:) Meanwhile altars are scattered damn near everywhere and in lots of great nooks and carnies. It also allows for some players to worship their own gods a bit more liberally (Prydaen Paladins wanting to use their gods altars, etc etc).

I just think its the simplest move since it can be tied into the already existing cleric interface with cleaning the altars.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 07:40 PM CST
I just think allowing it to be charged at any altar is a bit too easy, and makes the icons kind of underwhelming as a super rare item.

Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 07:55 PM CST
Would be cool if holy weapons worked as ritual foci in addition to whatever else they do.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 08:37 PM CST
While Uncharged:
-Holy Weapons do holy damage (I see this as more of Bless Light).

Charging:
Have the Holy Weapon being specifically aligned to a certain god or goddess. At those altars the weapon can be minorly charged (a tenth a fourth, I don't know how long it takes to recharge using other sites but there should be RT and be more involved then other charging).

1) No uncharged penalty use.
2) higher maximum charge.
3) Not destroying when Holy Weapon is changed.

Definition of Holy Item: An Item that is exalted, touched by the divine, empowered with a lingering aspect of the Immortals. This is an item that is both more and less then something Blessed. More because it cannot simply cease having this aspect, less because while ever potent, it doesn't have the power, the overwhelming drive of an item Blessed. An Item that is Holy can still be Blessed (which may or may not make it even more potent than just regular blessing, maybe why it'd do Holy Fire?).

---
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/08/2013 09:31 PM CST
A few folks did get the icons at the original RP event:

>You get a dark maple icon carved in the shape of a fierce lion from inside your nightsilk pack.
>Teeth bared in a growl, the lion holds a scorpion in its jaws. One ruby eye glitters from behind the fangs, and a single claw hangs limply.
There appears to be something written on it.
>A dark maple icon reads:
"To Leucius Delarrazio, for proven leadership in the name of the Paladin Guild."

Personally I'm amused I have this but can't get a holy weapon.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/09/2013 04:37 AM CST
>>Would be cool if holy weapons worked as ritual foci in addition to whatever else they do.

Or targeted foci, whenever those get released.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/09/2013 10:18 AM CST
I feel everyone in general agrees that Holy Weapons could use a quality of life/usability improvement and in general people feel underwhelmed by them/dont use them.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/09/2013 11:41 AM CST
Another Few concepts for thoughts:

While charged, but not using a Charge:
Light the Path: It basically simply can be used as a means to see in the dark, but is very noticable (it's like a weaponized torch). Further for combat (large battles) it can lead and inspire troops (they know where their Paladin leader is, they know where he is moving, he is showing the way, and his area about him is illuminated in holy light, so his actions are easily noticable and inspiring to his fellows).

---
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/09/2013 11:54 AM CST
Another idea I had was that it could be bonded, per Bond Weapon.

Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/09/2013 03:50 PM CST
<<While charged, but not using a Charge:
Light the Path: It basically simply can be used as a means to see in the dark, but is very noticable (it's like a weaponized torch). Further for combat (large battles) it can lead and inspire troops (they know where their Paladin leader is, they know where he is moving, he is showing the way, and his area about him is illuminated in holy light, so his actions are easily noticable and inspiring to his fellows).
>>

Paladins already have Glyph Of Light and the Lead ability which I feel duplicates these suggestions, however I like the overall idea of adding utility to holy weapons.

Frankly it be AWESOME if we could customize our Holy Weapon, maybe every 10 circles over 50 we can add a small utility aspect to our holy weapon to make it more personalized, from a list that are each tailored after one of the immortals.
Re: A small plea about holy weapons 01/15/2013 10:35 AM CST
Really you need to stop sneaking in, picking locks and trying to stealing holy weapons, Leucius!

Geez.

Bloodwraith Walcar Seord, Palamancer.
Prev_page Previous 1