Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 03/23/2003 03:48 PM CST
Add me to this list as well. Why should we be the ones to live out lives in fear over our holy weapons? Isn't that the job of those on the recieving end only? I personally can't understand having some weapon embued with the power of the God's having myself, the wielder, afraid it will go poof. Rather than having the weapon destroyed after the charges run out, why not make it seem like the 'soul' within the weapon has extinguished and it needs to be replinshed by repeating the quest. Furthermore, this could fix the problem of being limited to just one holy weapon. We can still be limited to one, just make it one weapon at a time. Once the 'soul' within the weapon is gone th quest must be repeated, but now you can place a different weapon on the alter if you so desire since original weapon reverts back to its normal self. This solves the problem of fearing it breaking or being destroyed and also allows for the weapon to be changed.

-Matthelopagis
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 03/23/2003 05:05 PM CST
Seems to be that holy weapons would get a heck of a lot more use if one of two things happen
1. one time only part is removed
2. recharging could be done by the paladin anywhere with sufficient mana

with all the changes going on I know this is on the very bottom of some tall pile, but one day i hope it's fixed, or just removed completely

Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 03/23/2003 10:11 PM CST
i think the one time only thing is a much bigger issue than the recharging issue though.

"yeah, i'm on that list too"

That's my 82 Cents and I don't care if you don't want a damn Nickel

~Bombmaster Blasword
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 03/24/2003 02:19 PM CST
Add me to this list, too. Please GMs, remember that there are some things outside of the Player's control that still hold sway in this matter.

I'm still highly annoyed that the changes to agility in combat were made 2 or 3 weeks after the Holy Weapon quest was released. I chose an SCC axe, because it seemed to make the most sense to me, but now my dismally balanced axe would be a pretty crappy choice, imho, but its my "one and only".

In any case, I get a good Holy Weapon made all but useless, and I have no recourse. Honestly, I can't get across how bitter I am with this. I do my best to make a good and wise decision, and "Suprise, Sucker! We're jerkin this rug right out from under you, and nuttin you can do about it. Hope you enjoyed the quest."

I can't believe that this is the only way one might get shafted in this matter, too. Yes, I do feel like I got screwed here.

Humm Breaux

Prydaen Refugee Freedom Fighter.
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 03/24/2003 03:28 PM CST
Well, my husband (both IG and RL) Sigarra rarely reads the boards, but I told him about this thread and he asked that his name be added to this ever-growing list (petition?) of paladins asking that this please be changed.

~Coine

"Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you - if you don't play, you can't win."
Robert Heinlein
-- John F. Kennedy
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 03/24/2003 05:59 PM CST
Add me.
-Towerlocke.
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 03/24/2003 11:33 PM CST
Add me as well. Though I find it hard to believe there is actually a Paladin out there that actually agrees with and wants the one time ever clause. Would probably be much easier to just have any Paladin who wants this to stay the same post *listens to crickets chirping* yes, thats what I thought.

Squire Rialan
For Rutilor and Honor
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 03/25/2003 06:16 AM CST
Does anyone even use their holy weapons on a regular basis? It would suck for our GM's to actually work so hard on something that is not used at all.

Ecoles
"Us loners gotta stay together"
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 03/25/2003 10:12 AM CST
Add my name to the list as well. I'm currently waiting to find a special weapon to use until I complete my quest, but I can't envision myself using it on a regular basis, even with Bond Weapon, just too many negative factors that outweigh the positives.

-Advocate Alaxndr
Noble Paladin of Elanthia
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 03/25/2003 03:23 PM CST
I see the biggest challenges to using a Holy Weapon is the one-time only deal and the fact that it goes dead when it runs out of power. If a paladin does use their holy weapon they run the risk of it dying (by punishing the wicked... anyone else see a problem with that? Do holy weapons get shock or something?) and because of the one-time only clause they can not restore it. Also, if a paladin dies, lags, gets booted, or something similar and loses his holy sword (because the bond only keeps other people from picking it up instead of it flying into the paladin's hand) he can not replace it.

Frankly, the reasons paladins never use their holy weapons are the GMs' own doing.

If you see a man screaming profanities while 'beating' a snowbank with a snowshovel, don't worry...

That's just me.
Flogging the Holy Weapon Thread 03/25/2003 07:02 PM CST
I am in agreement with almost everything said about the huge downside to the holy weapon being one time, and being a pain in the arse to charge.
I know that there is work in progress to bring more recharging areas, but from what has been said about that, it's too few, too late.
Perhaps someone from on high could give us alittle hope that holy weapons are somewhere on the back back back burner for being looked at and tweaked? Or at the very least holy weapon charging stations will be opened soon?
I know the GM's are busy with lots of other stuffs, but I'm starting to look at holy weapons as our last guild defining ability (since lead was gutted for very sound reasons), and it's hard to justify that the one thing that is truly "paladin" is so hard to keep going and impossible to replace when it's broken

I'm really just looking for a small ray of hope, it's all i expect these days and all i really need in this situation.

Re: Flogging the Holy Weapon Thread 03/25/2003 10:43 PM CST
<<I am in agreement with almost everything said about the huge downside to the holy weapon being one time, and being a pain in the arse to charge.
I know that there is work in progress to bring more recharging areas, but from what has been said about that, it's too few, too late.
Perhaps someone from on high could give us alittle hope that holy weapons are somewhere on the back back back burner for being looked at and tweaked? Or at the very least holy weapon charging stations will be opened soon?
I know the GM's are busy with lots of other stuffs, but I'm starting to look at holy weapons as our last guild defining ability (since lead was gutted for very sound reasons), and it's hard to justify that the one thing that is truly "paladin" is so hard to keep going and impossible to replace when it's broken

I'm really just looking for a small ray of hope, it's all i expect these days and all i really need in this situation.>>

Has anybody ever told you you're a really negative person? Thinking about to a few posts of yours, you sound like a frothy flap-mouthed harpy, not a Paladin! I've heard you say a few times that lead is skewered. Well, get with it, man. Instead of looking for a small ray of hope, let's make a big one. It's one thing to hope, but you can set things in motion with your words, and if you are motivated enough, have the will to motivate others. That's what this thread is about. Realizing a problem with the guild, unifying our voice, and making things happen to better the guild. Our GMs are great, and they will go to great lengths to improve our guild. You truly are gonna get what you put in, and if you feel dissatisfied with something, don't just accept it. Do something about it. Lead, holy weapon, it doesn't matter. Never settle for less.

Yoda says:
''Do or do not, there is no try.''

I'm sorry if this post comes across as a personal attack, it's not what's intended. I just know that you cannot be the type of person that just accepts what's handed to you.
-Towerlocke.
Re: Flogging the Holy Weapon Thread 03/26/2003 06:47 PM CST
>>I'm sorry if this post comes across as a personal attack, it's not what's intended. I just know that you cannot be the type of person that just accepts what's handed to you.

I dont take it as a personal attack, and I'm not the type of person who will takes things lying down... but I have been around just long enough to know that there are times and places to take a firm stand and demand swift action... this is not one of those times. Also, since this is just a game, and many years ago i started treating it as too real, i'm taking a more laid back approach to my request. No use getting myself into a snit when I know that most things are changed IG in a very slow and orderly fashion.. let me emphasize "SLOW".

Let me put it another way... every single time I've gotten very passionate about something that I perceived as a problem with being a paladin and thought "oh god, this is the worst thing that has ever happened!", something larger and worse has come along... and every single times I've adapted to it. Life is a garden, dig it

Re: Flogging the Holy Weapon Thread 03/27/2003 08:57 AM CST
<<but I have been around just long enough to know that there are times and places to take a firm stand and demand swift action... this is not one of those times.>>

I think the names associated with this stance speak for themselves. You have many well known, respected paladins who are stating simple facts: 1. They don't use their holy weapon because of its one-time nature, 2. The ability to recharge the holy weapon should be easier (i.e. cleric recharging), 3. The benefits attributable to the holy weapon are very little when compared to its one-time nature.

Certaintly we are not bashing anyone, nor are we jumping up and down screaming mad. These are simply the facts as we have each stated them, and we would like those changed. It may happen, it may not, but many well respected paladins have decided that they should speak up.

Madigan, of Therengia
Re: Flogging the Holy Weapon Thread 03/28/2003 11:10 AM CST
You have many well known, respected paladins who are stating simple facts:

I beg to differ... noone knows me <smile> I just whine a lot <ducks>

Deutz
Re: Flogging the Holy Weapon Thread 03/29/2003 07:53 AM CST
<<Perhaps someone from on high could give us alittle hope that holy weapons are somewhere on the back back back burner for being looked at and tweaked? Or at the very least holy weapon charging stations will be opened soon?>>

Absolutely, nothing has changed from the time we addressed this at the meeting. New recharge sites are a priority.

So how back on the burner are holy weapons in general? It's really difficult to say. I think that after Hot Summer Nights, we'll have a better idea. Right now, Roderigo is trying to finish stuff for that.

~Maece
Re: Flogging the Holy Weapon Thread 03/29/2003 04:00 PM CST
>>So how back on the burner are holy weapons in general? It's really difficult to say. I think that after Hot Summer Nights, we'll have a better idea. Right now, Roderigo is trying to finish stuff for that.

and this is why i was saying that talking about it alot right now is kinda pointless... other things are going on at THIS moment, and recharging stations, usefullness of weapon, etc are not among them...

so THPPPPPPPPPFFTFFTT to y'all (as empaladin would say)

Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 04/18/2003 03:15 PM CDT
Add me to the list.. I'm getting closer to being able to do the quest, but don't see a real point to it currently.
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 05/03/2003 10:38 AM CDT
I had a couple ideas reguarding the Holy weapon, and in my opinion i think the whole holy weapon concept was taken on all wrong. This is why, As i understand it, you take a weapon you like, put it on an altar after completing some quest, and Chadatru Blesses it imbuing it with superior stats, a quasi permabless thing, and stuff. Then the draw back is, you have to have it recharged cause its holiness runs low, you can actually lose the thing permenantly thus making all the work and joy you got out of it moot cause your terrafied of losing it. Sooooo if this is all correct, then yes i do think that it was went at from the wrong angle. my vision of holy weapon is this. Quest is same, but Instead of Chadatru blessing the weapon, He blesses instead the paladin with the holy weapon gift, being that Any weapon held by a paladin becomes a holy weapon as long as his soul is pure.. like upper end pristine. That way the weapons holiness is brought by Chadatrus blessing on the paladin, and is activated and actively fueled off the paladins soul state at a steady rate so it wouldnt be infinite, and it could Only be used by A paladin whose soul is upper tier full. Also as a cosmetic thing, Youd see whatever weapon the paladin had shift from like "a broadsword" to a "broadsword rippling with brilliant white flame" or something. with the addition of "the holy fire coursing over your sword seems to thin a bit" as the message showing that your soul state is lowering to the point where you can no longer sustain the sword. This would solve the loss issue, the Weapon type issue, and the recharge issue, and a paladin who lets his soul fall to chalky. Of course youd need to be able to turn it on and off, to conserve your energy. Im basing this idea kinda off the cleric spirit state/barbarian IF and Paladin soul, which are all kinda similiar in their effects to their abilities. So instead of working on Recharge sites for the sword, work on recharge ideas for paladins soul state. btw the weapons abilities would also be debatable now as well as the drainage of soul state while weapon is activated. I might be missing something but i think this change would pretty much make everyone happy in reguards to Their 50th circle ability, and game mechanics and balance.

-johat
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 05/03/2003 12:50 PM CDT
Johat,

Interesting ideas. I'm not sure your suggestion of having the "Holy Power" run through any weapon held by the Paladin at the cost of soul state would be acceptable by the Cleric Team. That's kind of why our Holy Weapon has the limitations it has.. due to "negotiations" between Raphael as the Paladin Guru and the Cleric Team GMs.

However, if such a change could be negotiated and approved, I'd ask for one change. In addition to this "power" being able to be activated and turned off at will by the Paladin, I'd say make it be powered by the soul POOL, not the soul STATE. Lowering the soul STATE affects so many other things that make us Paladins, that it would still be too costly for anyone to willingly use.

Your idea DOES have the advantage of allowing a Paladin to change weapons at anytime and channel the Holy Power through it, which I like. And being powered by the soul pool means that few would use it on a day to day basis during "normal hunting" which seems appropriate.

Redarch
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 05/03/2003 01:14 PM CDT
I just don't get it.
We're a holy guild too right? We're not asking for an ability to bless other peoples weapons, just something that allows us to not have to ask for a bless everytime we want to fight undead. Every other guild would have to go to a cleric for a bless.

In this age of overlapping abilities this seems to make perfect sense. If the holy weapon in its current state is the best these "negotiations" yielded, Imaar would definitely think we got robbed. Personally, I can appreciate very much the effort that went into the making of the weapon and it's quest, but I honestly feel the abilities it grants should be something that even a 5th circle Paladin should be able to do.
::shrugs:: I'm sure that the holy weapon isn't going anywhere, and we'll have to make due with improving it in its current state, but I can't agree on that design decision.

I would definitely agree that a good soul state should be all we need to get blessed strikes on creatures.

Dandon

"Most people don't realize that large pieces of coral, which have been painted brown and attached to the skull by common wood screws, can make a child look like a deer" ~ Jack Handy
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 05/03/2003 01:26 PM CDT
From a RP perspective I see no issue with holy weapon being a one-time only gift from the gods.

From a game mechanics point of view it sucks.

How can we compromise the two?

Big as Pebbles, Strong as Talc, Smarter than you, I am - Lennon's Bulldog
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 05/03/2003 03:10 PM CDT
Dandon,

>>We're a holy guild too right? We're not asking for an ability to bless other peoples weapons, just something that allows us to not have to ask for a bless everytime we want to fight undead.

There is a small, but VERY vocal minority of the Cleric guild that strongly hold to the idea that ANY "bless type effect" should be theirs alone, regardless... since THEY are the ones with the "intimate" association with the gods.

Turn it around. They are a holy guild. Associated with the Gods. Why shouldn't THEY be able to be "inspired by the Gods" ala Courage.. of course... only castable on themselves.. not able to affect others even if joined.

How many of OUR guild would go ballistic over that? Just a guess, but I'd say there would be a sizeable number. Maybe you wouldn't object, but I know others would. Its kind of the same thing. Bless is theirs. Diluting it by letting ANY others have a piece of it strikes them as a bad idea. I'm not going to say if I agree or disagree, but I do see their point of view.

The only thing I think "we got robbed" on regarding Holy Weapon is its "ONCE IN A LIFETIME" stipulation. I have no problem with the other limitations.. including it wearing off if you don't pay attention and over use it or use it against a citizen.

On another note.. some here have posted about Holy weapon "increasing" the stats of the selected weapon. So far as I've seen, that does NOT happen. Its still the same weapon it was before.. still same stats.. and you hit just as well or badly as you did without the holy power. The only difference is you get "messaging" when you strike with it and are able to hit non-corporeal things without having to get it blessed first. So as it stands now, its an interesting bit of "fluff" but that's about it. Maece and Rod have said they have ideas/plans to make Holy Weapon better and more effective, but that's for future enhancement.

Redarch
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 05/03/2003 03:29 PM CDT
Redarch,

Thanks for your replies. I'm not overly concerned with Holy Weapon myself, as I think that our development focus needs to be elsewhere, but it does seem really limiting for no other reason than because of another guild.

I can see your point about the reversed point of view. A counterpoint to that may be that courage and bless aren't on the same level. Our courage in terms of use and importance to our specific guild is akin to their rejuv. What I'm saying is. It's hard to imagine a Paladin without Courage, but how hard is it to imagine a Cleric without Bless?

My main point of contention is that we share things. It's unavoidable. Clerics and Paladins share similarities, I think these need to be embraced. We're receiving an increased role in dealing with the dead (glyphs, alamhif(sp?) gift, etc), and they obviously have a good array of combat spells and are no slouches when it comes to that aspect. No I'm not saying clerics aren't supposed to be warriors, I'm saying that the Paladin-guild is more warrior-oriented than the cleric guild.

Anyways, to be honest with you, if what I'm suggested be done with bless was done with courage, I wouldn't be too mad. Everyone else still has to come to us for the courage.

Dandon

"Most people don't realize that large pieces of coral, which have been painted brown and attached to the skull by common wood screws, can make a child look like a deer" ~ Jack Handy
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 05/03/2003 08:41 PM CDT
< Turn it around. They are a holy guild. Associated with the Gods. Why shouldn't THEY be able to be "inspired by the Gods" ala Courage.. of course... only castable on themselves.. not able to affect others even if joined.

How many of OUR guild would go ballistic over that? Just a guess, but I'd say there would be a sizeable number. Maybe you wouldn't object, but I know others would. Its kind of the same thing. Bless is theirs. Diluting it by letting ANY others have a piece of it strikes them as a bad idea. I'm not going to say if I agree or disagree, but I do see their point of view.>

Not to detour this thread, but while i see the argument here, I think that there is a significant difference between Bless and Courage. They are both Holy Magic..but thats where the similarities end. Look at Courage as if it were Heroic Strength or MO, or DiG (Unreleased). Its a stat increasing spell, and more than one guild has a spell that does the same thing as either of those four do. Rangers have bear strength Clerics have a spell that increase more than one stat at the same time, and outside of spells there are guild abilities like roars and dances and "cookies" etc. So I wouldn't say that letting them have Courage would be the same thing as letting us have something like Bless.

That's my 82 Cents and I don't care if you don't want a damn Nickel

~Bombmaster Blasword
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 05/03/2003 10:02 PM CDT
>>So I wouldn't say that letting them have Courage would be the same thing as letting us have something like Bless.

No, but the negative reaction of many here WOULD be the same as the negative reaction among the Clerics IS. Which was my point.. not what things would or wouldn't be a fair trade.

Again, as I said originally, I have no firm opinion one way or the other as to if we should or shouldn't have a "bless effect" type option.. just trying to point out that the negative reaction of the Clerics is understandable.

Redarch
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 05/04/2003 03:41 AM CDT
<No, but the negative reaction of many here WOULD be the same as the negative reaction among the Clerics IS. Which was my point.. not what things would or wouldn't be a fair trade.>

I have to agree with Redarch. and anything else i say has already been said.

Norwrath
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 05/04/2003 10:02 AM CDT
,, How many of OUR guild would go ballistic over that? Just a guess, but I'd say there would be a sizeable number. Maybe you wouldn't object, but I know others would. Its kind of the same thing. Bless is theirs. Diluting it by letting ANY others have a piece of it strikes them as a bad idea. I'm not going to say if I agree or disagree, but I do see their point of view.> >>

Conceptually speaking benediction is just this.

Daython
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 05/14/2003 12:31 AM CDT
I fully support the idea of making it rare, limited, but not one-time.

I say, every Elanthian year, a Paladin can go on the pilgrimage for a holy weapon.

This means you can have one, two, three, whatever holy weapons. But you can only go one time an Elanthian year, which keeps it limited.
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 05/14/2003 12:37 AM CDT
Wow... that would be rare.... considering how the days are only like... 4 hours long... wow... so either we'll have a bunch people suddenly canceling dates saying "Sorry, babe, can't go out tonight, gotta get my HW action on at 6 in the morning" or we'll just have a bunch of paladins complaing (nothing new). Heh. But it's still better than the way it is!

-Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Re: Remove the ONE-TIME EVER part of Holy Weapon 05/14/2003 01:11 AM CDT
I meant you can get it once an IG year. That's like 4 months realtime or something.

So every 4 months you can get one. Maybe just try to get one once. If you fail, you gotta wait another 4 months. Hrm.
Ways to Help Holy Weapon 06/25/2003 01:31 PM CDT
1) Remove the 'never use on the 11' part. The anti-11 thing makes less and less sense as time goes on. There are so many loopholes that are around (with the "Never hurt someone of the 11 Races" in general, this goes beyond holy weapon) that the only way to fix the loopholes are to limit paladins further in what they can do as fighters. And noone wants that.

2) Make the quest repeatable. Allow Paladins a chance to complete it every IG year. This makes sense for a few reasons
A: One-time only things roughly translate to "Noone will be willing to touch them".
B: People get better weapons. What is the uber-weapon for something to be a holy weapon one day may not be the next. One reason I'm hesitant to get Holy Weapon for now is that I never know when that doomsday kertig weapon will fall in my lap. I also don't know if I will ever change from heavy edged to heavy blunt.
C: One weapon won't work for every situation. It would make sense to have backups.

3) More recharge stations. I'm going to flout my igorance on GMing here, but I really don't see why it is taking so long to put one in each guild. I don't blame our GMs for this, because I expect it's more the people over at QC.

Heck, make more ways than just meditating. Make it so a cleric can read the Book of Hodernia/Chadatru, and once the Paladin hears it all, he can trace renew.

4) Don't make the weapon burn out. I don't get how someone can just 'run out' of charges, and never be able to recharge it. It's a sword that is blessed by the gods, not a runestone made by Bob the Mage.

5) Make extra 'minor' bonuses.

A: Like that sword that warns when Zalfung is in danger, make a Paladin's holy weapon react when undead are in in the local area OR when his or her province (registered citizen and such) is in danger.
B: A holy weapon's presense increases the presense of the gods. Give the room a [very] minor boost to holy power. Make it stackable. If a dozen powerful Paladins are standing in the area, holy weapons drawn, then the presense of the gods should be felt. This should be reflected in the fact that holy energy is a manifestation of the gods in the present, past, and future.
C: Let there be light! Let us be able to trace Glyph of Light on a holy weapon to make it glow. Since GoL costs soul juice, let this create a light source, give a large bonus to hitting the evil things in the world, and make shadow-plane creatures STRONGLY dislike being around one.
Re: Ways to Help Holy Weapon 06/25/2003 01:48 PM CDT
A very good post Pure. I like the suggestions and agree with everything you said regarding 'fixing' certain parts of the existing holy weapon/GoR.

>A: One-time only things roughly translate to "Noone will be willing to touch them".

That's why I haven't quested for my holy weapon. I've been mulling over the decision for a while and just get so annoyed with the whole 'one time ever' thing and the 'syntax issues' other paladins have talked about concerning the quest, it makes me just not want to go through the effort.

~Coine

* Moving poorly and apparently unintentional, a meadow ram charges a raggedy stuffed gargoyle dressed in a ruffled pink skirt at you. You deflect the body with a scimitar. [You're nimbly balanced and in very strong position.]
Re: Ways to Help Holy Weapon 06/25/2003 02:07 PM CDT
> I've been mulling over the decision for a while and just get so annoyed with the whole 'one time ever' thing and the 'syntax issues' other paladins have talked about concerning the quest, it makes me just not want to go through the effort

Precisely. That and: "once ever" means "never" for me at this point. And I do so greatly despise the "guess the syntax the designer envisioned when s/he created this quest" games.

Excellent suggestions! (hopefully my support doesn't shoot them in the foot...)

Cheers - Cyllwdd
Re: Ways to Help Holy Weapon 06/25/2003 04:42 PM CDT
That and: "once ever" means "never" for me at this point

Same here.. I simply cannot fathom this.. I cannot think of another ability in the game that is once EVER aside from that descent into undeath thingie for necros (100th circle) ability...

I could see it if we were encroaching on enchanting in any way... but really... we aren't... simply taking away the chance of the weapon losing its charge.. forever.. would make me think more about just taking bond weapon and getting it right at 50th when I can..

But the thought of possibly losing it... AND the fear of running out charges... really hurts my chances of even trying for it...

Maece... is this type of stuff even on the radar for being looked at? Or should we all quite complaining and move on? I know Rod is planning more renewal sites... which is fine.. but is anything even being thought about concerning the one time ever deal? I know that we had to make some sacrifices with the cleric team to get it done.. but now.. since the turf war is over... (apparently) can we have the whole thing reevaluated?

Thanks.

Deutz
Re: Ways to Help Holy Weapon 06/25/2003 08:37 PM CDT
I lost it. It sucks.

Gad

"Immerse your soul in love." -Thom Yorke
Re: Ways to Help Holy Weapon 06/27/2003 06:54 PM CDT

I hate the idea of charges. Were supposed to be the defenders of the gods. But we gotta get charges because the clerics don't like it. Its not like anyone else can use the weapon. They still got barbarians and every other quild(cept empaths). There definantly needs to be some serious changes in order to make holy weapons more useable and paladin friendly. Just a thought.

Ibec Alshaerd

"Too often we...enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
Re: Ways to Help Holy Weapon 06/27/2003 09:06 PM CDT
I agree that the charges thing needs to go. I think a lot could be done with holy weapons.. especially with the new kill counting system coming out. The holy weapon could have its own hidden counter for the higher types of undead, and new holy weapon abilities would come as the player hit a certain number of kills of a certain type of undead/spirit. So many ideas have been posted though, all of them good. Everyone agrees that the thing must be changed, as nobody seems to be willing to use something that's once in a lifetime.

Happy hunting.
-Caneghem Urathi

-I've got blisters on me fingers!
Re: Ways to Help Holy Weapon 06/30/2003 11:48 PM CDT
<<Maece... is this type of stuff even on the radar for being looked at? Or should we all quite complaining and move on? I know Rod is planning more renewal sites... which is fine.. but is anything even being thought about concerning the one time ever deal? I know that we had to make some sacrifices with the cleric team to get it done.. but now.. since the turf war is over... (apparently) can we have the whole thing reevaluated?>>

Right now, only pressing HW issues are being looked into.

~Maece

MANLIPS!
Re: Ways to Help Holy Weapon 07/01/2003 12:44 AM CDT
But... this -is- pressing!
::whines::

Brought to you by the latest in home dental care, Tongue in Cheek.

Absorb...
and Transform!!!