Prev_page Previous 1
Holy Weapon 08/02/2005 08:44 PM CDT
While being festive, I noticed Lyle was back in Shard. Does this mean the Holy Weapon Quest has returned?

DeLiber Oppresso-Hedeon
House Hedeon

'The man who must brag for himself knows that no one else will.' -Robin Hobb
Holy Weapon Quest: confusion and syntax problem? 08/08/2006 12:39 PM CDT
Looking for some help if anyone could assist. I've gone through the extreme complexities of the holy weapon quest without much help aside from Redarch's very helpful hints. Now, I'm at the end and I'm told to head to the top of shard's paladin tower to finalize this sword. I've made it to Shard, on top of the tower to the room I think is the right place but I have no idea how to activate this weapon. Any hints or flat out tell me the syntax?
I've tried tracing a glyph of renew over my sword but I'm told I'm not properly prepared to use the glyph although I have it. I've also tried praying to the Chadatru statue but to no avail.
This is all very frustrating. Hopefully you guys will help me out!
Thanks a lot.

-Paladin Eeary Kakler
Re: Holy Weapon Quest: confusion and syntax problem? 08/08/2006 05:17 PM CDT
Quiet prayer and reflection upon the gift from our guilds patron is the key. If thats a bit too murky, I'm in Shard and can help, or drop me a line at HIMKOI.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest: confusion and syntax problem? 08/08/2006 05:45 PM CDT
Got it. Just a little trick on timing....Thank you for the assistance!
Holy Weapon Quest Status 08/09/2006 12:35 PM CDT
Ok as many of you know, I keep to myself quite a bit and don't post often, even though I am rather old and have been a faithful Paladin for many years....However, if you may all indulge me, as I have solidly grasped middle age, it seems as though my memories are starting to fade...Anyhow here is my situation and I would appreciate any advice or thoughts from any of my esteemed guildmates...

My issue concerns the Holy Weapon quest. In the deep and very rusty reaches of my mind, I seem to recall that I went on this quest, many, many years ago, with some help from some friends and completed a weapon. Shortly there after, I took a long rest and vacation from the world of Elanthia ( a little over 2 years) and when I returned to again take up my training and studies (4 years ago) I wasn't able to locate the weapon, I inquired and never received a resolution one way or another ( I had some other issues, like a home that was supposed to be gone, but was still there, etc. which were "fixed" - there are still some "glitches" on my account, for example when I deposit coin at a bank, I got no verification messaging from the clerk, and there are other minor text issues, that, since were very minor, I never really bothered to make an issue out of)...

Back to the holy weapon situation, upon my return, I was told by some elders in the guild, that the holy weapon quest was in essence "broke" and it was difficult to get the weapon recharged, etc...Therefore, I elected to just kind of forget about the whole issue. (My account was working and with the exception of the small text messaging issues, my gameplay was working, and the home issue even got cleared up as I was able to transfer a home from another of my characters).

Recently, thanks to all the fine work by our council members ( nice job Paladin Team) it sounds as though the holy weapoons issues have been fixed and are working fine, so I thought as I approach my 70th circle (finally, like Redarch I had about 50 ranks of HP to make up one year) it would make sense for me to either find my holy weapon or see about getting another...sorry for all the hot air.

Anyhow, when I was in the Crossing the other day, I stopped by to give my regards to Darius and I asked him about the quest, here is his response, Darius asks, "You have forgotten so soon? Very well, you must seek out Lyle, who will teach you a valuable lesson. The journey will be long and tiring, and you may wish to take along some foodstuffs, like a loaf of bread and some water, to sustain you during your journey." I assume that is the regular start of the quest, which I would assume would indicate that either the guild doesn't think I have completed the quest, or that my weapons is truly gone, and I need to do it over ?

What's interesting is when I check the titles list, it says that I am eligible to use the Sacred Sword title, which I thought you could only use if you had completed the holy weapon quest. Perhaps that is just a title issue.

Anyhow, any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Frodes
Re: Holy Weapon Quest Status 08/09/2006 12:49 PM CDT
<<"You have forgotten so soon? Very well, you must seek out Lyle, who will teach you a valuable lesson. The journey will be long and tiring, and you may wish to take along some foodstuffs, like a loaf of bread and some water, to sustain you during your journey.">>

That's the start of the quest. I just finished with Lyle last night and I wish I had this part noted...spent like a hour on it.

Sal

"i beat the internet, the end guy is hard"

"We also want to come to your house and kill your kittens, too."
Armifer
Re: Holy Weapon Quest Status 08/09/2006 01:50 PM CDT
If you type 'glyph' in the game; do you see 'Renew' in the list?

If not, then I would seek out Lyle unless Maece or Nehros say "Whoa!!!!" as that looks like the beginning of the quest.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest Status 08/09/2006 02:26 PM CDT
If you decide to do the quest and hate syntax and want a shove in the directions to go let me know. I just finished compiling a list of the steps after reviewing my quest log that is years old (lol). I won't post here as it is a game secret, but I will help out those who request it; whether you want just a nudge or the full blown shove in what to do.

tallon8483 is my aim

Ells
Re: Holy Weapon Quest Status 08/11/2006 04:42 PM CDT
<<If not, then I would seek out Lyle unless Maece or Nehros say "Whoa!!!!" as that looks like the beginning of the quest.>>

We've had this issue with some other paladins as well. We haven't really pinpointed the issue and because it's only affected a couple of people (or at least the ones that have spoken up), it's difficult to track the issue.

What Nehros and/or I can do is look for you IG and take a quick peek at you and see what that reveals. If your character already does indicate that you've fully completed the quest, then I'm not sure how far the system will let you go before it gives you a stop light.

We may need additional information on what your original weapon looked like - if you remember.

~Maece

"I'm at Betty's Bakery and we got homicidal baked goods after us." ~Gingerdead Man~
Re: Holy Weapon Quest Status 08/15/2006 12:49 PM CDT
Maece,

Thanks for the reply.

I have been away for a few days, but will try to show up in game the next few days so perhaps we can meet up and have a chat.

Frodes
Re: Holy Weapon Quest Status 08/16/2006 10:38 PM CDT
Maece,

Thanks again for taking time to look into my situation.

I met up with Nehros this evening and took care of my situation, said that I should thank you.

So again, thanks very much.

Frodes
Holy Weapon 11/18/2007 10:25 AM CST
Last week i reach 50 circle with my gnome paladin in TF, i'm trying to start the Quest but all the Guildleaders wont give me the quest, did they change the circle Requirement or something?
Re: Holy Weapon 11/18/2007 10:50 AM CST
Hows your soul looking?

Crusader Taghz

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: Holy Weapon 11/18/2007 12:27 PM CST
i got it now i needed to speak to Darius in p5 thx
Re: Holy Weapon 11/19/2007 09:27 PM CST
>>i got it now i needed to speak to Darius in p5 thx

Really? I thought it had been set to let Verika give the Holy Weapon Quest? <blink>

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Holy Weapon 11/20/2007 10:31 AM CST
Nope, the decision was made to leave it with Darius since a 50th circler could still reach P5.

~Maece

"You thought it was me gnawing on the passengers? Nah, I'm a vegetarian."

Flight of the Living Dead, 2007
Re: Holy Weapon 11/21/2007 08:27 PM CST
>>Nope, the decision was made to leave it with Darius since a 50th circler could still reach P5.

Hmm.. stop paying attention for just a second and ya miss stuff like this :)

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Holy Weapon 07/02/2008 01:47 AM CDT
Hello all, I just finished my Holy Weapon quest and I went to the top of the Tower of honor in Shard to charge it but when I try to use the glyph it says: >trace renew sword
You are not properly prepared to use this glyph.

Any help? I already prayed at the icon and i have a pristine soul and a full soul pool...and ideas?

Lead not without purpose
Re: Holy Weapon 07/02/2008 09:15 AM CDT
Any help? I already prayed at the icon and i have a pristine soul and a full soul pool...and ideas?

Did you wait for the message your now properly prepared after praying it takes a bit depending on how busy your mind is.
Re: Holy Weapon 07/02/2008 09:17 AM CDT
Yea prayed and got the big soul boost...now says You start to pay respect to Chadatru again when you decide it would be inappropriate so soon. You decide to wait awhile longer.

Lead not without purpose
Holy Weapon Question 03/01/2009 01:13 AM CST
After having completed the Holy Weapon quest, and managing to recharge it, I find myself in a dilemma. How can we see if it needs to be recharged.

As those who've been on the quest know, we are told to monitor it's charge level and not let it extinguish, but how do we monitor it's level of charge?

I tried the usual perceive and focus but I get what I've pasted below. However, I got these exact messages BEFORE recharging. After the charge, I get this so this is obviously not the way to monitor.

>focus broad
You focus your magical senses on the broadsword.

The broadsword has faint traces of magical properties.
[Roundtime: 5 sec.]

>perc broad
You don't detect anything unusual about the silver-washed broadsword.
Roundtime: 9 sec.

Do we need to be fighting undead in order to know how charged it is?

Thanks!
Re: Holy Weapon Question 03/01/2009 01:21 AM CST
Look at it and that is one of the bonuses no round time.

A s'sugi malchata attempts to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The shield lands an awesome strike that explodes the chest in a shower of blood and splintered ribs.
A s'sugi malchata crumbles to the ground.
Re: Holy Weapon Question 03/01/2009 01:32 AM CST
>l my broad
Your broadsword is shining with holy power.

Your broadsword is shining with holy power.

Fine veins of emerald flow through the surface of the hilt, covering it in a random criss-crossing vine pattern.

Ah! Now we're talking!

By "one of the bonuses," do you mean it does more that just allow you to hit undead like a blessed weapon? Or do you mean being able to check it without RT is a bonus of sorts? ('cause I'd certainly agree with that)

Thanks for that info though.

P.S. Why I never tried LOOKing at it in the first place is beyond me.
Re: Holy Weapon Question 03/01/2009 02:01 AM CST
Yes no RT as far as seeing if its still charged or not.
You draw out your robe sword from the weapon harness.
>look sword
Your sword is emanating a powerful sense of holiness.

A s'sugi malchata attempts to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The shield lands an awesome strike that explodes the chest in a shower of blood and splintered ribs.
Re: Holy Weapon Question 04/05/2009 05:31 PM CDT
I'm having trouble finishing this quest. I started it at 50, and the undead are eating me for lunch. Any comments on what circle others have tried and completed the quest?
Re: Holy Weapon Question 04/05/2009 06:16 PM CDT
I think I was in the low 50s when the quest came out, I do recall it being difficult, but I managed to do it.
Icons for Holy Weapon 04/06/2009 11:42 AM CDT
I am wondering if there is any chance of these ever being released? Or new ones given out. Have any been given out since that first round was passed out to some paladins?

Perhaps till a quest can finally be made for them, could a GM volunteer to manually hand them out upon paladins reaching a certain circle? If its a high enough circle you can be sure that it will be very little work for the GM.

I was excited about Holy Weapon from the begining, and got one shortly after they were released. But as I dont live near a recharge spot (even after new ones were added, why none in theren of all places??), I to this day have had almost none use of the thing. An icon is probably on the very top of my most wanted list.
Re: Icons for Holy Weapon 04/06/2009 11:46 AM CDT
Seconded.

Re: Icons for Holy Weapon 04/06/2009 11:53 AM CDT
>>Have any been given out since that first round was passed out to some paladins?

As prizes for the design a new Theren guildhall contest. I still haven't gotten mine :(

I also think there was a quest that was being worked on.

~Thilan
Re: Icons for Holy Weapon 04/06/2009 12:13 PM CDT
<< As prizes for the design a new Theren guildhall contest. I still haven't gotten mine :( >>

Well that does not bode well for my idea of them being manually given out at X circle till quest is done. How long have you been waiting?

<< I also think there was a quest that was being worked on.>>

Yeah, I saw that, but is the GM who was working on that even around anymore?
Re: Icons for Holy Weapon 04/06/2009 03:35 PM CDT
Why have recharge spots at all. It severely limits the utility of a major quest item. I don't think other guild's quest perks at 50th have this severe limitation. I think Holy Weapon should be merely recharged by a glyph (at anytime anywhere) that is solely depending on soul state, similar to other glyph's (i.e. mana, light) I respectfully submit that it is silly that that a Paladin of sufficient soul state cannot automatically recharge their weapon especially considering that our fists are perma blessed. Further, that Paladins as holy warriors of the realm, have to run to a special place, or get a cleric to bless their weapon, is absurd.
Re: Icons for Holy Weapon 04/06/2009 08:01 PM CDT
>As prizes for the design a new Theren guildhall contest. I still haven't gotten mine

I, too, haven't gotten mine. Never heard anything after they asked if I wanted the icon or the altered shield.

Elemancer Opieus, Warrior Mage of Elanthia
>Aren't I pretty, now fall down on my ice, fool! ~ Axillus
Re: Icons for Holy Weapon 04/07/2009 12:54 PM CDT
I agree... let the glyph of renew be fueled by our soul pool... soul pool recharges slowly, thus making the ability to trace the renew glyph(and having it be fueled by our soul pool) fair. Make it a hefty cost so the same simular effect of "downtime" between prayers to Chadatru is somewhat mimiced.

let Icons remain a prize or gift for certain "extra special" stuff and have them recharge our holy weapon without using soul pool...

Let us use our holy weapon against -ANY- foe... adventurer or creature. The bonus to hit percentage, chance to critical, and damage is not unbalancing when considering a situation where a Paladin is fighting another adventurer who is within a close Circle range....

Free our holy weapons from repression.
Re: Icons for Holy Weapon 04/07/2009 01:41 PM CDT
<<<<I agree... let the glyph of renew be fueled by our soul pool... soul pool recharges slowly, thus making the ability to trace the renew glyph(and having it be fueled by our soul pool) fair. Make it a hefty cost so the same simular effect of "downtime" between prayers to Chadatru is somewhat mimiced.

let Icons remain a prize or gift for certain "extra special" stuff and have them recharge our holy weapon without using soul pool... >>>>

This is a great and well thought out idea. This way people luck enough to have icons still get something out of them, while the rest of us can use our holy weapons finally without needing an icon.

Can we get some sort of GM response on this thread please? At least to know someone is listening or cares?
Re: Icons for Holy Weapon 04/14/2009 02:44 PM CDT
<< Can we get some sort of GM response on this thread please? At least to know someone is listening or cares? >>

Since we have been told we do still actually have an advocate, I would like to repeat the above. Please?
Re: Icons for Holy Weapon 04/14/2009 04:03 PM CDT
imho, it just isn't cricket to demand response, even if merely to verify a thread has been read. You can assume it's been read, really. If they had something to tell you, they would have.

Chill dude.

Humm Breaux
Prydaen Refugee Freedom Fighter
Re: Icons for Holy Weapon 04/14/2009 04:19 PM CDT
<< imho, it just isn't cricket to demand response, even if merely to verify a thread has been read. You can assume it's been read, really. If they had something to tell you, they would have.

Chill dude. >>

I did not make a demand, I made a request. If we have an active guild advocate (which we have been told we do), it is not out of the question to request they communicate with us (its been months).

I am not sure why you think I am not "chill", I have been polite and "chill" in every post I have ever made in the decade I have played DR.
Re: Icons for Holy Weapon 04/14/2009 04:22 PM CDT
Just a "read." No offense meant.

Humm Breaux
Prydaen Refugee Freedom Fighter
Re: Icons for Holy Weapon 04/14/2009 04:35 PM CDT
While we may officially have an "advocate", I sure don't see her around here.

I'd personally rather just be told the bad news than given false assurances.

If she's taken time off, that's great too, just let us know.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Icons for Holy Weapon 04/14/2009 04:47 PM CDT
Who is our advocate? Maece?

-Landros
Prev_page Previous 1