Prev_page Previous 1
Glyphs 05/08/2005 12:24 PM CDT
Here's a few ideas of how to make our current glyphs more versitile.

GoW: Self traced would make the paladin untargetable much like celpeze are. Give it a healthy time limit maybe in the range of 10 - 20 mintues.

GoE: Self traced would reduce armor hinderance (wich would benefit paladins lower than 30th circle) and a boost to reflex which would benefit all paladins. The initial trace would help with fatigue like it does now but the time limit would only effect the hinderance and reflex boost.

GoL: The room the glyph is initially traced in would make hiding and stealing much harder as long as the paladin stays in that room. People trying to hide and/or steal would be skill checked against the the paladin (Paladin-circle,charisma,perception vs. circle/charisma/(stealing or hiding).

GoB: Allow two items to be stored as bonded to the paladin. Trace Bond self would list two slots that would bond either armor or weapons to be saved. Trace Bond Add #slot would add the item being held in the right hand into one of the slots to be stored. Trace Bond Remove #slot would empty a slot.

Relayer

http://darkanvil.bravepages.com/Index.html

You can fight
Without ever winning
But never ever win
Without a fight
Re: Glyphs 05/08/2005 02:48 PM CDT
>>GoB: Allow two items to be stored as bonded to the paladin. Trace Bond self would list two slots that would bond either armor or weapons to be saved. Trace Bond Add #slot would add the item being held in the right hand into one of the slots to be stored. Trace Bond Remove #slot would empty a slot.

Don't get me wrong ole buddy, and I sure hope you do get it, but getting two bonding potions I don't see happening.

Maybe tracing the ward over your weapon or shield will let just that item be bonded to you should you die in the next 30-60 minutes or something? But giving out LTBs in return for a little soul pool I just don't see getting through QC. Good luck lobbying for it though!

-Teeklin
Re: Glyphs 05/08/2005 02:55 PM CDT
>Maybe tracing the ward over your weapon or shield will let just that item be bonded to you should you die in the next 30-60 minutes or something? But giving out LTBs in return for a little soul pool I just don't see getting through QC. Good luck lobbying for it though!

You see, you're looking at it all wrong. You're looking at it as an LTB. I'm looking at it as an ability or guild perk just like how moonies have walking vaults or how rangers can stow crap in the wilderness. I could say hey they're getting more vault space even if they aren't a premium subscriber but I understand it to be a guild perk.

Relayer

You can fight
Without ever winning
But never ever win
Without a fight
Re: Glyphs 05/08/2005 07:05 PM CDT
I think that people are forgetting what a Paladin really is. Paladins aren't barbarians. They aren't straight up warriors. They aren't glory seekers, wanting nothing but to kill kill kill. Blood does not make the grass grow green as far as a paladin is concerned. Paladins assist others. They save lives, they defend the weak. They protect empaths when healing on the spot in a hot spot hunting area. They drag dead folks to safety, and help the clerics harness mana for raising, or just protecting memories. When necessary, they lead fellow warriors into combat, using the LEAD ability, and give a boost to everyone within their group. They assist in preparing dead bodies for departure. They help in setting thieves straight, they stop agressions with halt... A paladin does not serve themself.. they serve others around them. I sit here and read these posts, of people complaining about needing better mana boosts so they can fight better when training, so they can spell up before going into a combat zone, so they can do this or do that for themselves... I don't see why. This isn't what a paladin has their abilities for. Your spells, your glyphs, are not meant to be used to further your own success. They're given to you to help OTHERS. I don't see Righteous Wrath as a spell to be used for every day hunting, but rather, when needing to assist someone real quick-like and in a hurry. I see Sentinel's Resolve as a spell to help others, lower an enemy's offense, raise an Empath's defense (example given by Relayer). I don't look at courage as a spell needed to go hunting, or any of the other spells that people have said they use for hunting and are complaining about not being able to use effectively. IF you 'need' these spells to hunt on your level, then you're doing something wrong. I play a paladin, have for four years, and have never once ever needed spells to go hunting. I don't even train my magics much, because I don't see much of a point in using it for myself. Instead, I often find myself in situations where others around me could use courage. or SR, or BoT.. but I'm unable to use those spells effectively because I don't train magic much. Glyph of Mana? The only times I ever used this glyph, was when a paladin needed a mana boost for casting courage on everyone, or more often when a cleric was in a bad mana room, and didn't have many options and hey, glyph of mana really helped them out in raising someone. I can't list the number of times that a cleric hasn't been able to raise someone because they didn't have good enough mana in an area, and because I raised the mana with GoM, they were able to. It's a great ability for helping others. That's what a paladin is about, helping others. While it is nice to sit here and say, "These spells really help me out and make me a better fighter," that's unfortunately not what they're "meant" for. I do miss GoM being the way it is, but I don't suffer from not having great mana boosts. I see it as being a great tool to have, when in a situation of rescuing someone who's in a bad mana area, and you rush into the room, boost the mana, throw spells around like there's no tomorrow and are able to save that person because you had that mana from GoM. I personally couldn't do that because like I said, my magic is pathetic. But I could help someone else out who uses holy magic. I think that those of you sitting there wanting GoM for your own personal glorification need to take a step back and look at what a Paladin really is. I do fully support bringing GoM back to where it was, even if it might have been a bit 'too' much. But I also think that a lot of you need to think about how you direct these spells, and how you look at them and the usage of glyphs. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but that's how I feel about it.
Re: Glyphs 05/08/2005 08:25 PM CDT
We are not all goody goody Paladins. That said We need strong abilities to help others. Good guy Paladin with abilities and Skill > Paladin Roleplaying a good guy with no good abilities and skills. In other words if you dont have the strong combat and abilities to help others all you really are doing is going hey thats not right!! Stop dont do that!! Then step in and try to help out, get yourself consented and you = Dead. So is why alot of us So called selfish Paladin ask for combat oriented spells and abilities. We need to be able to help ourselfs first so we can help others. Oh Relayer I love your Glyph ideas =)

Rekon
Re: Glyphs 05/08/2005 08:44 PM CDT
<<Revins Post>>

While it is all well and good to play a Paladin in that manner, in order to accomplish what you envision with any semblance of authority Paladins need to have the abilities and such to support it.

You claim that you do what you are able to do without any spells and such, and that may be the case. However imagine how much better you could do if you did have such abilities.

--Just a "clueless" Squire

Now I lay me down to sleep;
I pray Solomon my soul to keep.
If I should walk before I wake;
I pray that Simutronics a restore will make.
Re: Glyphs 05/08/2005 10:40 PM CDT
<<Don't get me wrong ole buddy, and I sure hope you do get it, but getting two bonding potions I don't see happening.

<<Maybe tracing the ward over your weapon or shield will let just that item be bonded to you should you die in the next 30-60 minutes or something? But giving out LTBs in return for a little soul pool I just don't see getting through QC. Good luck lobbying for it though!

the concept doesnt sound bad. And you cant use the LTBs as a reason for a guild not to have a feature. Features should be given as long as it makes sense, not because its a detriment somewhere else. If that is the only reason then no one should get any ability or perk.

now as stated, the idea doesn't sound bad, but I believe Teeklin has a point, GoB should have somehting of a limit, the only issue i would have right now is that the spell for bonding pretty much works that way on weapons. as long as you have it casted and i believe you can release it as well. So whats the point of setting aside the glyph?

~Aegeus
Devil's Advocate?
Re: Glyphs 05/08/2005 10:58 PM CDT
Reivn,

Please use some paragraphs, these are message boards, make it easier for us to read it. I'm going to go point by point over your post sicne thats the only way I can easily go through a post on a forum.

<<I think that people are forgetting what a Paladin really is. Paladins aren't barbarians. They aren't straight up warriors. They aren't glory seekers, wanting nothing but to kill kill kill. Blood does not make the grass grow green as far as a paladin is concerned. Paladins assist others. They save lives, they defend the weak.

This is your idea of what a paladin is. Please play it that way if you must. But paladins are melee fighters in this game, which make them warriors. You may apply a moral code to them as well as creating a hero mystique about them. But that is still your vision of the guild characters, that might not play out too well overall. At best right now the paladin is still very ambigously defined as good melee fighters that have holy abilities that include magic and glyphs. Your right that they gravitate toward doing good, but they are not the antithesis of blood thirstyness or even lacking the straight up badass fighter.

Now your point about being a leader:

<<When necessary, they lead fellow warriors into combat, using the LEAD ability, and give a boost to everyone within their group.

I think that is a very valid point considering hte name of the ability. And that is a definite bullet point for the definition of the guild.

<<They help in setting thieves straight, they stop agressions with halt... A paladin does not serve themself.. they serve others around them.

I dont think that this is true for everyone. Again this falls under the concept of what you believe a paladin is or should do. As I have played my paladin in the past, I would kill first ask questions later. I would halt not to stop the aggression but setup the target to die. Now I am not saying that I am the model of "paladin-ness" rather I am saying the way I played the paladin that was on the white side of the neutrality was still considered a paladin by many.

<<I sit here and read these posts, of people complaining about needing better mana boosts so they can fight better when training, so they can spell up before going into a combat zone, so they can do this or do that for themselves... I don't see why. This isn't what a paladin has their abilities for. Your spells, your glyphs, are not meant to be used to further your own success. They're given to you to help OTHERS.

Hmmm this is where I really wish your vision of paladins really would help the guild. But it still falls under what you want. DR develops for the loners and for the group oriented people. I think group hunting as well as group activities are very under developed in DR. However, right now you cant blame people for acting on the notion of how does this help me. Being a skill based game where soloing or hunting in pairs at best is the fastest way to ascend in levels, you can not really blame them for saying how does this help my character. Dont think about it as the selfish ness of each character, because people post as people concerned about their character, not about them as a person.

<< I don't see Righteous Wrath as a spell to be used for every day hunting, but rather, when needing to assist someone real quick-like and in a hurry. I see Sentinel's Resolve as a spell to help others, lower an enemy's offense, raise an Empath's defense (example given by Relayer). I don't look at courage as a spell needed to go hunting, or any of the other spells that people have said they use for hunting and are complaining about not being able to use effectively. IF you 'need' these spells to hunt on your level, then you're doing something wrong. I play a paladin, have for four years, and have never once ever needed spells to go hunting. I don't even train my magics much, because I don't see much of a point in using it for myself.

Spells are not a crutch as Darius would say. But when you have em use em. And to rebut the arguement of if you need this to hunt at level, I want to make sure you mean at skill level. Given that this is a skill based game you can never say MOB X is for level Y. Because being at level in different guilds gives us all different skills to be at that level. We are not all barbs with 900 ranks of longbow.

Overall, I think your post is great, its awesome to see someone truely passionate about an idea. And I dont disagree with your ideas as in that it is unique. But I just think that for your ideas to become more readily doable, the mechanics to enhance and promote grouping would need to be put into the game. For now they dont exist in the capacity for the way this game is coded. But I would like to say I see exactly where your going with this. I play World Of Warcraft as well as DR, and I wish we could steal some of their grouping mechanics here, like group exp so people would actually be willing to hunt in groups. But that aint happening anytime soon.

~Aegeus
Re: Glyphs 05/09/2005 12:31 AM CDT

I might be mistaken, but I don't think I said I didn't want the abilities or strength, but to clarify, I rather want a more focused meaning for the abilities. Ones to help others, as the model of a paladin in DR is. I Do want glyph of mana to be back the way it was, or something similar to it. It's very helpful in situations where you really need it.

I guess I just don't like the idea of some paladins actually needing these things to hunt on their level. By their level, I mean hunting in an area that actually trains them. As Aegeus pointed out, magic and glyphs are not a crutch. If you have it, use it. I agree. Make do with what you have and have fun, as all's fair in love and war. Just don't overuse it to the point where you have to rely on it.

I don't know how to do the quotations for what other people posted, so I'll just say it in response to Aegeus on group hunting. Right now, I believe that paladins are the ultimate fighting machines with group hunting. It's a little ability called PROTECT that came out not too long ago. Picture this. Three paladins in a room together, say during an invasion, or even a group PvP. Paladin A protects Paladin B, Paladin B protects Paladin C, and Paladin C protects Paladin A. It's a circle of defense, every paladin being defended. This is a near virtually impenetrable wall of defense. Granted, the more people you're currently engaged with, the less your abilities and whatnot.. but the chance to hit you is greatly lowered. I'm sure all of you know how well Protect works, so I won't go into that. But this is a good start with group hunting if you ask me. Do you learn defenses? Not at all, that's the drawback. So in an invasion, it's ideal. Hunting for experience, needs some programming. I do believe that when Protecting someone, you should gain defense experience (Evasion, Shield, Parry, Armor).

As for Paladins being primarily melee fighters as is, I disagree based on the simple fact that their skill sets are primary defensive (Armor, shield), secondary offensive (Weapons), tirtiary support (Magic, survivals). This is why I still say Paladins are designed around a more protective role first, over attacking. Do game mechanics really allow for this being a beneficial thing often and much? No, but I think it'll get there. Protect was a very good first step. Perhaps paladins are in need of something similar to the Sects that Moon Mages have. Something along the lines of Alignment and different bonuses you get within each faction of Paladins. But that's a whole other discussion which is far off topic.

As for the way you, Aegeus, deal with thieves.. Well, that's how you play your paladin. In some instances I have myself killed first and asked questions afterwords. Halt is indeed good for setting up a target caught stealing and giving him or her a just punishment. Again though, this would fall back towards what I was getting at with different 'sects/factions' for the paladin guild, giving people a more focused way to play their paladin based on the opinions and outlooks on that faction.. but again, another topic for another day :p

So in closing, I feel that my Paladin is limited in his ability to help others since the changes with Glyph of Mana. I would like to see more spells, more glyphs, and a Glyph of Mana atleast "close" to what it used to be. I want to see abilities or glyphs that give a spontaneous burst of might (By might, it could be in any area.. whether it be magic, offense, defense.. what have you) for a small while (15 minutes) so that they can help people out in such situations where it's needed. Yes they are needed for one's self in instances of being in trouble while hunting and needing to get out of somewhere real fast. I love Relayer's idea for Glyph of Light, in hindering everyone's ability to steal and hide around you. I would also like to see this glyph providing actual LIGHT in rooms with zero light that you cannot see in. I would also like to see this glyph lasting longer than a minute or two. Maybe that's just my pallie's charisma, though :p Needing it to train one's self? Like I said, if you need these abilities to further yourself in the training area, then there's something your lacking in that you're using magic and glyphs to fill in for. One acception, however, that I can point out is Paladins who train 4 or 5 different armors at once, and use spells to lower their hinderence so they don't get killed. TDP's are great, and so is forging. Yes, we need really awesome abilities to make someone with good skills have great skills in an ideal situation, and I look forward to seeing where things end up.
Re: Glyphs 05/09/2005 09:19 AM CDT
>As for Paladins being primarily melee fighters as is, I disagree based on the simple fact that their skill sets are primary defensive (Armor, shield), secondary offensive (Weapons), tirtiary support (Magic, survivals).

Um, huh? Excuse me? Paladins, because of their being armor primary, are the best melee fighters even over barbs. Paladins, even more, don't have the option of stealth hunting, which puts them even more solidly in the melee catagory.

This is like saying thieves aren't primarily stealth hunters because they're survival primary.
Re: Glyphs 05/09/2005 11:20 AM CDT
<<Um, huh? Excuse me? Paladins, because of their being armor primary, are the best melee fighters even over barbs.>>

In theory perhaps. In reality, not so much. Right now any type of fighting is about kill, kill, kill, not defend, defend, defend. Those that can kill fastest do best.

However, yes Paladin are melee fighters. It saddens me that a Paladin thinks otherwise. My guess it is because of our seeming ineffectivness there.

--Just a "clueless" Squire

Now I lay me down to sleep;
I pray Solomon my soul to keep.
If I should walk before I wake;
I pray that Simutronics a restore will make.
Re: Glyphs 05/09/2005 02:17 PM CDT
>now as stated, the idea doesn't sound bad, but I believe Teeklin has a point, GoB should have somehting of a limit, the only issue i would have right now is that the spell for bonding pretty much works that way on weapons. as long as you have it casted and i believe you can release it as well. So whats the point of setting aside the glyph?

If it were to have a limit then it would be the same as BW. Have you ever tried skinning or switching weapons while you have BW cast on a weapon? BW is primarily an invasion spell. Having two slots setup for GoB would be a really nice guild perk that paladins could use everyday. I can see putting a limit on how often you could change the items in these two slots to avoid abuse but overall having a guild perk such as this shouldn't always entail a penalty.

Relayer

You can fight
Without ever winning
But never ever win
Without a fight
Re: Glyphs 05/09/2005 08:59 PM CDT
Pardon my jumping in here but...

I would absolutely go CRAZY for the ability as Relayer laied it out...

>>Having two slots setup for GoB would be a really nice guild perk that paladins could use everyday. I can see putting a limit on how often you could change the items in these two slots to avoid abuse..

Let me pre-define which 2 items are "bonded" that I can change out within certain climits would be amazing. At last, the ability to pull out a precious weapon, without worrying about the bond spell fading 3 seconds before ya go splat during an invasion.

This proposal just makes me drool.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Glyphs 05/10/2005 03:02 PM CDT
It'd be a great way to solve the "But I can't use my Holy Weapon coz I might lose it" thing.

~Kesrel
Re: Glyphs 05/11/2005 12:13 AM CDT
My issue with paladins being a "front line defense" is that invasions show how totally useless we can be in that role. Put a paladin, and any other guild that can attack from hiding and see who stays standing longer. Put a paladin and any guild that trains ranged weapons next to each other, and see who's left alive. We can take more hits, we can dance toe to toe, but it seems these days that no GMPC wants to be attacked head on and will smack the tar out of anyone stupid enough to get close.
People always use PVP as a way to determine which person is great at which cicle, I like to use who can live longest in an invasion. If we're leading a group, and spelled up correctly, we can last a long time. If we're out in the open and alone, with no spells up... we're toast.

Re: Glyphs 05/11/2005 04:51 AM CDT
I don't mind if we never become a super-powerful solo fighting guild.. we are after all supposed to thrive leading large groups. This is why I think the complete overhauling of LEAD needs to be a top priority. Paladins' leads need to be, without question, the best group abilities available. So during an invasion, there wouldn't be a question of who should lead the group. Make lead have different variations so that the player will be able to take a more active role in "commanding" the group, based on changing situations. Throw some "how to lead groups" books into the paladin libraries for good measure.

And since we're in the glyphs folder after all... I think our glyphs would be fine if they didn't cost so much to use. You could fix them all at once by simply making soul pool fill up faster. Also, I'd like to see a few more new glyphs. How about one for slowing poison?
Re: Glyphs 05/11/2005 09:56 PM CDT
The situation you mentioned:

>>Put a paladin, and any other guild that can attack from hiding and see who stays standing longer. Put a paladin and any guild that trains ranged weapons next to each other, and see who's left alive.

is a recent change.

Before, when shooting brought someone outta hiding and range/magic casters were included in the invaders, paladins remained alive longer hands down. This change only pertains to those who can remain in hiding while they snipe. Any other guild, and we still live longer than they do. We may not kill as many of the invaders.. but we do tend to stay alive longer than most even today.

Redarch
Re: Glyphs 05/17/2005 04:13 PM CDT
Whoa, Im gone for a week and theres 75 posts...57 of em about glyphs. Glyphs arent spells. No other guilds have them. Any arguements about caps is a moot point. Theres no other guild to compare em to...there is no universal cap. Noone has to pay for em the way we do. They shouldnt fall under the same restrictions, period. I dont use GoM often...never did...never needed to...this arguement really doesnt involve me personally...I use my magic quite fine and without problems. Yall need to find another way around this issue. HOWEVER, the arguement doesnt change...GoM shouldnt be rated the way spells are. Besides, Holy mana is extremely rare compared to other types...this was disclosed by multiple GMs years ago and has never been addressed. And what is it with all these other guilds in here arguin against our having things? You got all that time to read your boards, the simu boards, and all the other boards with useful information and then come in here to rain on our parade before its even been scheduled? I got three words for ya...GET A LIFE...a real one...one that isnt rolled up with dice, latex or electronic. Buy a freakin book on William the Conquerer or somethin and put something useful into yer head!

Q.
Re: Glyphs 05/18/2005 11:06 AM CDT
G'day,

>Glyphs arent spells. No other guilds have them. Any arguements about caps is a moot point. Theres no other guild to compare em to...there is no universal cap.

Just wanted to correct a misapprehension here.

From a design standpoint, there are always universal caps regardless of whether we are talking about spells, glyhs, roars, khri, or whatever. This is a good thing for designers, as it keeps us more realistic (if that word has any application here), and for players as it ensures that something that is a neat, useful ability/spell/glyph/khri today will remain so in the future rather than becoming something that 'was nice once but now is whimpy when you compare it to brand new ability Z' (and probably one that someone else has).

Speaking of Glyph of Mana specifically, you can expect a post about that later on today.

Regards,

Godrich de'Finchal

"You are like a mouse arguing with an owl. You think the owl is wrong, he thinks you are dinner."

http://webpages.charter.net/plblack/Galleries.htm
Re: Glyphs 05/18/2005 04:47 PM CDT
Godrich,

May I be the first to say thank you for the changes recenlty updated to GOM.

Please look me up in game sometime if you have any questions about the guild or our abilities.

Thank You,
Rayac

Some Love Us, Some Hate Us, All Know Us!
Re: Glyphs 05/18/2005 04:55 PM CDT
Great update, I love it. Keep up the good work.

Kolaisa

Stabbity, block, you go thud.

Drive fast, take risks.
Re: Glyphs 05/18/2005 07:27 PM CDT
Yay! You guys Rock =) Thanks for the changes.

Rekon
Re: Glyphs 05/18/2005 10:39 PM CDT
rub med
You rub the medallion...

It gleams brightly with a pristine luminescence!

> exhale med
>
You breathe softly on the medallion...

It brightens with an inner light, which lingers for a few moments before returning to its normal state.
> perc
You reach out with your senses and see powerfully glowing streams of Holy energy coursing through the area.
You can sense that there is a bit less mana to the northwest, and a bit less mana to the east.
You have not exhausted your ability to smite your foes at all.
Roundtime: 6 seconds
>
> trace mana laythor
You trace a glyph into the air in an attempt to channel more mana into the area from the surrounding area.
You sense a change in holy power throughout the area.
>
You feel fully balanced again.
> perc
You reach out with your senses and see brightly burning streams of Holy energy coursing through the area.
You can sense that there is a bit less mana to the northwest, and a bit less mana to the east.
You have not exhausted your ability to smite your foes at all.

Re: Glyphs 05/19/2005 09:38 PM CDT
Thanks Godrick and crew. I knew if we just calmed the heck down and gave ya time to look into things behind the scenes all would be well.

Glad to see my faith was justified. Appreciate the work and the speed at which you got this out.

Redarch
Re: Glyphs 05/20/2005 07:32 PM CDT
Maybe I'm misunderstanding. By the message posted, GoM is still exactly the same power wise, with the difference that now, the more extra mana the more soul it takes, and ya get soul when done in a certain way.

Am I incorrect?

Ecoles
"Us loners gotta stick together"
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/e/c/ecoles/ecoles.html
Prydaen Goodness: http://www.clawandfang.com
Glyphs and everday usage. 02/25/2006 10:13 AM CST
Any of you use any glyphs on a day to day manner for your own benefit? For instance can you use glyph of mana on a regular basis duing hunting and not have it kill your soul by making full use of tending, titheing and with a prayer badge?

Events make the land live and breath over the normalcy of everyday hunting,foraging ect. It is the RP aspect that brings out people to live the game.

GM Shakahn on events in prime
Re: Glyphs and everday usage. 02/25/2006 10:18 AM CST
>Any of you use any glyphs on a day to day manner for your own benefit? For instance can you use glyph of mana on a regular basis duing hunting and not have it kill your soul by making full use of tending, titheing and with a prayer badge?

I use glyph of light at least once an hour for juggling and glyph of mana at least once a day. The rest I don't use on a daily basis.

Relayer

Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
a sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises!
Re: Glyphs and everday usage. 02/25/2006 11:15 AM CST
I use GoMana very regularly, GoLight if I'm hunting in the dark or against stealthy things, and Renew about twice a week.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Glyphs and everday usage. 02/25/2006 02:33 PM CST
Nope, I dont normally use any of my glyphs on a daily basis. I think I'll use any one glyph maybe once in a week. Whether it's light, warding or mana. Basically they don't see a lot of use.

Jim

"There is no help for our kind. We walk a lonely road."

"Paladins. There ought to be a bounty on them."
Re: Glyphs and everday usage. 02/25/2006 02:49 PM CST
<<I use GoMana very regularly, GoLight if I'm hunting in the dark or against stealthy things, and Renew about twice a week.

:)

Go Go Gadget Mana!

Malkien the Barbarian has already been to the moon: that's why there are no signs of life there.
Apis the Cleric's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

Re: Glyphs and everday usage. 02/25/2006 04:58 PM CST
I'm a big fan of GoMana, if I'm hunting with another holy user especially. I can hold it up back to back for quite a while these days, and giving a cleric or another paladin extra holy umph is always handy.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Glyphs and everday usage. 02/25/2006 10:23 PM CST
I GoM and/or GoL about every hour.
Re: Glyphs and everday usage. 02/25/2006 11:12 PM CST
Use GoM few times per hunting trip. Don't use GoL as often as I should..

Sal

"i beat the internet, the end guy is hard"
Re: Glyphs and everday usage. 02/26/2006 10:19 AM CST
My most common is GoMana 2-3 times a day.. more if I wander into a spot with a cleric and a dead body( LOVE the soul boost for that, refills the mana pool as well if not better than a prayer badge). Often used in hunting areas to keep the mana high for those emergency SMH casts when the crowd gets unruly.

Warding/Bonding is next most common.

Ease after that when someone is freshly raised and needs to climb outta where they had died.

Renew is next in frequency because I finally have my Holy Weapon out and in use.

Haven't hardly EVER used GoLight but then, I don't hunt in dark places and don't get "felt up" by thiefs too much.

Redarch
Re: Glyphs and everday usage. 02/27/2006 04:20 AM CST
>I use glyph of light at least once an hour for juggling and glyph of mana at least once a day. The rest I don't use on a daily basis.

Same here. I'll occasionally ward/bond if I'm in the mood, and it's someone I know. I'll also use GoE occasionally if the first two conditions were met, and I'm stuck as the only dragger.

My soul stays pristine at either rapid or inner light and I only use a badge, rarely tend.

"... and what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
Changes to Glyphs(proposed) 04/10/2008 12:52 PM CDT
Glyph of light extends your soul and transforms it into orbs of light that boost perception an allow us to see in the dark...

When the glyph ends... the orb arbsorbs back into our body.

I suggest making GoL a more utilized glyph by giving back some of the soulstate used by the glyph when it reverts back into our bodies and ends.

As it stands now GoL is a very hungry ability... using quite a bit of soulstate to activate... this change would make it more useful by not striking down our soulstate as much long term. It would still, while in effect use a good part of our soulstate... so We would need to consider this when possibly wanting access to other glyphs and soulstate based abilites...

This would add more depth to the glyph as well.

Re: Changes to Glyphs(proposed) 04/12/2008 03:26 AM CDT
Maybe a better approach to this would be more ways to replenish soulstate. Like say EVERY undead/evil/cursed creature you kill would give you some soulstate back(no more every 30 minutes you kill one you get some soulstate back. Everything in DR regens, mana, concentration, nature pool. I can be okay with it no regen as long as there are pleanty of ways to regain soul and not once every 30 minutes for a particular thing.
Re: Changes to Glyphs(proposed) 04/12/2008 11:24 AM CDT
We already get soul for killing undead on a timer.

Crusader Taghz

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: Changes to Glyphs(proposed) 04/12/2008 01:16 PM CDT
There are tons of ways to replenish soul. No issues from me in that area.

Madigan

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.

Arthur Ashe
Re: Changes to Glyphs(proposed) 04/12/2008 02:35 PM CDT
doesn't take a full day to go from pitch black to top end pristine if you do it right.
Prev_page Previous 1