Prev_page Previous 1
Soul 04/06/2004 12:07 PM CDT
I'm not sure if anyone else has been having problems with their soul drifting unusually fast lately or not. In a matter of a day my soul went from pristine to grey and I've had to work like hell to keep at even pure white lately. This is with tending, tithing, and using my prayer badge. I can get it back to pristine but cant keep it there more than a day. And when using my prayer badge at pure white, it doesn't boost it up to pristine. I've seen people go from black soul to pristine white by using their prayer badge once. Anyone have any ideas whats up?
Re: Soul 04/06/2004 12:21 PM CDT
have you been using the "smite" ability frequently?

leading?

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Soul 04/06/2004 12:23 PM CDT
<<I'm not sure if anyone else has been having problems with their soul drifting unusually fast lately or not. In a matter of a day my soul went from pristine to grey and I've had to work like hell to keep at even pure white lately. This is with tending, tithing, and using my prayer badge. I can get it back to pristine but cant keep it there more than a day. And when using my prayer badge at pure white, it doesn't boost it up to pristine. I've seen people go from black soul to pristine white by using their prayer badge once. Anyone have any ideas whats up?>>

The number of shrines you have on your pilgrim's badge determines how big a soul boost you recieve from praying on it. I have 34 shrines/altars on my own badge. From what I have heard, there are about 37 possible... If you only have a few then you may want to ask a higher level Paladin or Cleric for help on where to find some of the ones you don't have.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Murphy's Laws of Combat #15: Friendly Fire isn't.
Re: Soul 04/06/2004 04:59 PM CDT
<<<From what I have heard, there are about 37 possible>>>

48 possible. 45 can be obtained now, 1 altar is no longer with us, and 2 nobody has found yet.

happy searching.

Kolaisa

Stabbity, block, you go thud.

Use that beer sponge you call a brain!
Re: Soul 04/06/2004 07:34 PM CDT
<<2 nobody has found yet>>

curious. i'm wondering if 1 of these altars is inadvertantly is one in a place no cleric or paladin can get to. :-)

Can a non-paladin, non-cleric bond a prayerbadge to get the altars on them? even though no soul or devotion, obviously? If so, I can test out this theory. :-)

---

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Soul 04/06/2004 07:40 PM CDT
hit up up at DRKOLAISA and we can find out :)

Kolaisa

Stabbity, block, you go thud.

Use that beer sponge you call a brain!
Re: Soul 04/07/2004 02:25 PM CDT
I didn't read the list, so if it's on there, sorry. But... after a recent visit to the Penal Colony there is a Shrine in there, is that possibly one?

Dwidus

ISP - ~$20 a Month
Subscription to DragonRealms - ~$13.00 a Month
Watching Your Characters get Wimped - Priceless
Re: Soul 04/07/2004 05:32 PM CDT
Not unless there's a way into the penal colony with your possessions.

Need bonding roses, wedding services or divorce services? Contact me at: kalira@play.net

My website of clerical information: http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: Soul 04/07/2004 10:45 PM CDT
is the penal colony warded against moonbeams? if not shift moonbeam might provide a way.

---

Pilgrim Badges (or Soul in general) 01/08/2005 10:09 PM CST
Hello.

I'm a new Paladin and I'm having some trouble with my soul. I've been consulting all the websites I can find (which isn't many at all), and it seems to me that the best way to gain soul is to get favors. I can only do that three times a day, though.

So I find this thing about pilgrim badges... apparently I can gain soul from these, too? If so, I'd like to get one. The website said there was some kind of puzzle quest associated.

Personally, I'm not too interested in solving puzzles, so I'd accept being walked through. But even if I shouldn't or can't be, could someone give me a pointer as to where to start? Therenborough seems to be a really big place. I'm guessing I have to go in the Keep... but then what? Paladin's Guild? The altar?

Thanks. Or if there's a vastly easier way of earning soul that I'm unaware of, please let me know.
Re: Pilgrim Badges (or Soul in general) 01/08/2005 10:18 PM CST
Unfortunately at this time Pilgrim's badges are only sold at random times (typically at festivals). If you were to try to find one at the current time expect to pay upwards of 50 plat (going rate at festivals is around 3 I believe).

--Just a "clueless" Squire

Now I lay me down to sleep;
I pray Solomon my soul to keep.
If I should walk before I wake;
I pray that Simutronics a restore will make.
Re: Pilgrim Badges (or Soul in general) 01/08/2005 10:46 PM CST
>>Or if there's a vastly easier way of earning soul that I'm unaware of, please let me know.

With my new paladin I've found a good way to get soul is to donate at least 1 silver in a tithe box, located either in the guildhalls or outside a temple. You can also tend another person's bleeder, but there is a timer on this (i.e. once every few hours). If you catch someone in their pockets, you can go accuse them to the town guards and will receive a soul boost. Killing undead also help increase soul, but when I've killed tortured souls in Dunshade Manor I don't get the warm soothing sensation messaging. It might only work if your soul is dull or black. Hope that helps.

~Thilan
Re: Pilgrim Badges (or Soul in general) 01/08/2005 11:17 PM CST
Thanks, both. I need favors anyway. =)
Re: Pilgrim Badges (or Soul in general) 01/09/2005 07:44 AM CST
Kill undead(works till pure white levelish), tend a non-paladin once an hour, and protecting others(once you are big enough to get it) are the more efficient ways without a badge to recover soul.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Pilgrim Badges (or Soul in general) 01/09/2005 11:21 AM CST
Or you could talk to the friendly staff of Uncle Drongol's Supply Emporium, where for a modest service charge, such things as soulstone jewelry and pilgrim's badges can be obtained.

The caring staff at Uncle Drongol's Supply Emporium will be more than happy to assist you in all your outfitting needs, and offer a wide variety of items to choose from.

Or heck, if that sounds like too good a deal to be true, just IM me at Drongol2. I'll help you out.

Drongol's Player

PC also stands for "Paying Customer."
Re: Pilgrim Badges (or Soul in general) 01/09/2005 02:07 PM CST
>>>Kill undead(works till pure white levelish<<<

I was killing those undead or might be evil Scorpions on ratha 2 nights ago and even though they dont teach me anything but little evasion and barely my Primary Heavy edge weapon. I got about 3 soul boost killing them with HE. Was in there about 1 hour hunting with a 15 minute break in the middle, my soul was at Gleaming pristine but my soul pool was pretty low cause I kept leading. But overall I did get soul boost still at Pristine, might be something buggy.

Rekon
Soul questions 12/10/2005 11:33 AM CST
What helps my soul? What hurts it? I wish I had a routine to keep it high. When do I use up soul? How do I check my soul level? Thanks
Re: Soul questions 12/10/2005 12:11 PM CST
Soulstones show both soulstate and pool, otherwise the Soulstone Arches in a few of our guildhalls show your soulstate.

There are a few things to raise the soul, Tending non-paladins, Tithing(without a debt), Protecting adventuers from things that threaten you, Feeding starving caravans, Glyphing for mana with a cleric AND a dead chap in the room. Not to mention several others all help the soul.

As for bringing it down, there is a natural if very slow drift to neutral, as well as hiding from adventurers in combat, advancing/retreating in hiding, Ambushing/poaching, stealing, spitting, First strike/Slaying Adventurers without cause, all those tend to be 'Not good things'. The severity varies naturally, but they add up fast.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Soul questions 12/10/2005 12:38 PM CST
so first strike doesnt count against critters? Only other players? well, without cause that is. And never knew spitting could cause it to go down. <jots it all down for her lil paladin>

Thanks, even though it wasnt directed at me

Have you had a hot piece lately?
If not then stop on by Mystic Pizza in Mystic CT for a hot steaming piece of pizza.
Re: Soul questions 12/10/2005 01:01 PM CST
Things that boost yer soul:

1. Tithing (time limited)
2. Tending Non-Paladin bleeders (time limited)
3. Accusing a thief ya actually see pull their hands outta yer pocket with coin to the Guard house in town.
4. Killing undead or cursed critters at yer level (if they teach ya... they will give ya a soul boost). This is randomly timed. Not every kill generates soul boost.
5. Feeding a starving caravan (rumor on this one. Never tried it myself or spoke to anyone that's done it)
6. Having a cleric read the Book of Chadatru to ya in the Chapel in Theren Keep
7. Praying to Chadatru in the Shard Paladin Guild at the Chadatru chapel or at the Chadatru Altar in the Temple of the 13 in Crossing Temple.

There may be others that I haven't found yet

>>When do I use up soul?

Most glyphs use soul, but from your soul POOL, not yer soul state. Keep yer soul state at pristine with the things above, and yer pool refills automatically. The higher yer circle.. and the higher yer Charisma.. the faster it fills. Lead also uses soul. Recharging yer holy weapon outside the charging altars can use up a LOT of soul pool according to reports.

Yer soul STATE goes down when ya do dishonorable things like:

1. Attacking someone first
2. Killing someone, regardless of who attacked first
3. Stealing
4. Hiding and THEN advancing on someone/something
5. Retreating while hidden.
6. Using poisoned weapons, or making poison.

There may be others that I've not heard about.

Ohh.. and if ya don't do soul state boosting things every so often, your soul state will drift down to steady white. Drift goes a LOT slower now than it used to.. but it still drifts.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Soul questions 12/10/2005 01:29 PM CST
Oh, and getting Chadatru Favors gives soul too, more for the young and low souled I imagine.

Samsaren Remlane
Re: Soul questions 12/10/2005 02:17 PM CST
tracing glyph of mana when a deader and a cleric are in the room with you... very nice soul boost

Re: Soul questions 12/10/2005 03:19 PM CST
Favors to rutilor work as well. And you are all forgetting about pilgrims badges.

~Blood Wraith Elec, Elitist of Elanthia, an Elven Face Shooter

~I WILL RUIN THIS HOUSE WITH MY ANGER! -Master Shake

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: Soul questions 12/10/2005 03:44 PM CST
Not fair to suggest something that isn't normally aquireable, hense I leave out badges.

Samsaren Remlane
Re: Soul questions 07/20/2006 04:38 PM CDT
Anyone know the timer for tending and tithing?
Re: Soul questions 07/22/2006 12:26 PM CDT
Tending is ~30 minutes, tithing is ~60 minutes IIRC, but I might be wrong on that last one.

Lyonet
Soul 09/05/2006 02:03 PM CDT
Do you only get 1 soul boost no matter how many differnt people you tend?
Re: Soul 09/05/2006 03:12 PM CDT
>Do you only get 1 soul boost no matter how many differnt people you tend?

Yes, its on a timer: 1 per hour or some such. Go hunt undead your level.
Soulstones, etc. 09/19/2008 04:45 PM CDT
Probably a stupid question, but where can one obtain a soulstone these days? I can't remember where I got the one I once had (nor why I don't have it now, for that matter).

Also, I've heard about something called a pilgrim badge and that they can be used to boost soul if you've visited the right places. Where/How might I obtain one of these?

Failing a quest seems to be tough on the soul...
Re: Soulstones, etc. 09/19/2008 04:57 PM CDT
>>Probably a stupid question, but where can one obtain a soulstone these days? I can't remember where I got the one I once had (nor why I don't have it now, for that matter).

Hunt tortured souls. Or you might be able to get one from another paladin, or from a cleric. I can't remember if I saw any soulstone items in the paladin shop or not.

>>Also, I've heard about something called a pilgrim badge and that they can be used to boost soul if you've visited the right places. Where/How might I obtain one of these?

These are available in the Crossing cleric shop, and in Plat at least run just a bit under a plat Kronar. You'll need a cleric's help getting into the room.

>>Failing a quest seems to be tough on the soul...

That it is!

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Soulstones, etc. 09/19/2008 05:03 PM CDT
Tortured souls, eh? Ugh - that's probably a rare drop too eh?

I think I vaguely remember hunting them about a dozen years ago. I guess I just have to weigh the time spent running back to the guild vs. the time it might take waiting for one to drop.

Anyone have one for sale? :-D

Thanks for the tip!
Re: Soulstones, etc. 09/19/2008 05:34 PM CDT
My little cleric has been working on trying to exorcise the souls from the manor lately. No soulstones yet, but if I find one I'll post here if nobody's set you up yet.

"Now won't you tell me if you like what you've just heard?
And if you think the point I'm driving at absurd,
Well there's no need to tell me how or tell me why,
But I need to know the reason not to try."
- John Popper, Onslaught
Re: Soulstones, etc. 09/19/2008 05:39 PM CDT
Yes, it is unfortunately a rare drop. But sometimes there's a rash of them.

Maybe I should roust a baby cleric to go annoy the souls a while!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: Soulstones, etc. 09/19/2008 08:10 PM CDT
My Paladin was simply given a soulstone item for free when he asked for one. Your fellow Paladins are aware of the issue; they probably have extras.

>>These are available in the Crossing cleric shop, and in Plat at least run just a bit under a plat Kronar. You'll need a cleric's help getting into the room.

IIRC, it's exactly 1 plat kronar in Prime.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Soulstones, etc. 09/19/2008 10:06 PM CDT
My little guy just found one, if you're still in need, give me an IM at zzNJPzz and I'll see about getting it to you.

"Now won't you tell me if you like what you've just heard?
And if you think the point I'm driving at absurd,
Well there's no need to tell me how or tell me why,
But I need to know the reason not to try."
- John Popper, Onslaught
Soul State & The First Strike 03/31/2009 12:58 AM CDT
I've never played a paladin before and I'm getting ready to, and I have a question regarding soul state and combat:

When hunting the regular old critter, not PvP combat, does soul state take a hit if I attack first or when hunting can I safely plow into combat without worrying about soul state?
Re: Soul State & The First Strike 03/31/2009 05:21 AM CDT
Charge on in. There is no first strike penalty in regular critter hunting.

-=Dirge. You gotta lava it.=-

"Traders do not shriek like little girls and worry about magic cooties." GM Armifer
Re: Soul State & The First Strike 03/31/2009 08:47 AM CDT
Just don't attack from hiding: Sneak attacks do have a heavy soul hit.

Re: Soul State & The First Strike 03/31/2009 09:48 AM CDT
Also I believe engaging from hiding gives a soul hit (or at least gives you some 'this is wrong' messaging).

-Landros
Re: Soul State & The First Strike 03/31/2009 09:54 AM CDT
Flee also gives a soul hit.

Madigan

Free the Paladin Guild in 2009.
Prev_page Previous 1