Prev_page Previous 1
DIMINISHEDANGEL. 11/27/2006 08:40 AM CST
>You are being singled out, because in my opinion you have the very bad habit of consistently misreading my posts

I took a glance around a few folders and could not find an example where this statement is correct, not even once. I'm sure we've disagreed somewhere, sometime, but your unfounded claim of 'consistently' seems to imply some kind of grudge.

Please clarify.

>if you want to argue further you can, of course, post a rebuttal, but I won't be listening.

Giving in is a valid choice. In this case, its probably the correct one.
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 11/27/2006 10:03 AM CST
>>I took a glance around a few folders and could not find an example where this statement is correct, not even once. I'm sure we've disagreed somewhere, sometime, but your unfounded claim of 'consistently' seems to imply some kind of grudge.

I just returned from a five-month vacation two days ago, so you won't find any examples anywhere. I remember you well enough.

>>Giving in is a valid choice. In this case, its probably the correct one.

Comment abstained. I have nothing further to say besides explaining why you won't find any recent posts.
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 11/27/2006 10:47 AM CST
>I just returned from a five-month vacation two days ago, so you won't find any examples anywhere.

Good then, you've held a grudge for 5+ months and it only took you 2 days and 1 sarcastic post to 'get sooooo annoyed'.

Thanks for clarifying.

>I remember you well enough.

But can't/won't/haven't said from where. Thats not real credible.

>Since it is you, directly, and not Praxis trolling for me in the Conflicts folder

I moved it here so as not to disrupt the thread any further, thats not trolling. BTW, Did you notice that 2 people came away from your original post with the same feeling? Odd that, eh?

>I will apologize.

You apologized to him, admitting the exact thing I accused you of, and originally replied to. You won't apologize to me because of what? Some disagreement that happened over 5 months ago? Please tell me it was at least on the boards, and not IG.

>I have nothing further to say besides explaining why you won't find any recent posts.

Running away is definately your best move now; you're looking pretty silly.
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 11/27/2006 11:01 AM CST
>>You apologized to him, admitting the exact thing I accused you of, and originally replied to. You won't apologize to me because of what? Some disagreement that happened over 5 months ago? Please tell me it was at least on the boards, and not IG.

I won't apologize to you, no. Why should I apologize to you when I was shooting down his ideas?

>>Good then, you've held a grudge for 5+ months and it only took you 2 days and 1 sarcastic post to 'get sooooo annoyed'.

Nope, I hold no grudge against you, regardless of what you might think. I thought of you not a once while I was gone, nor while I was back. Seeing your name, though, recalls a very clear pattern of behavior that I remember. I suppose, in my first response to you, I might have antagonized you myself, so I'll let you have your just desserts and call it square. I insinuated things about you and now we're equal. See? No grudge.

I insulted you, you insulted me and now we're square.

>>Running away is definately your best move now; you're looking pretty silly.

This is the second time you've said that. Seeing a pattern here? You're only proving my point. You're not trying to make a validate argument, you're just trying to pick a fight with me.

Eh, maybe I snapped at you and gave you reason to bait me. There. That's as much of an apology you'll get cause you don't deserve anything else. Still got wind in your sails?
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 11/27/2006 02:09 PM CST
>I won't apologize to you, no. Why should I apologize to you when I was shooting down his ideas?

Because you said you weren't being aggressive and offensive, and I was offended by your post shooting down his ideas. Because my first reply indirectly called you on it, you made it crystal clear you had a personal issue.

>I insulted you, you insulted me and now we're square.

I don't see where I insulted you. I asserted that you were calling CK3 an idiot. I also likened you to -someone- -like- -me- which was a play off of your statement that 'only someone like me' would call him an idiot. You've since admitted to both of those and apologized to him for it.

I'm still standing here in the 2nd class citizen department on that regard.

>This is the second time you've said that. Seeing a pattern here?

I do. It's intentional. I'm confident you know why it was written exactly that way.

>you're just trying to pick a fight with me

Quite the opposite.

>That's as much of an apology you'll get cause you don't deserve anything else.

In summary, you haven't the guts to apologize for real, so you throw out a halfassed apology because you think I'm unwashed internet trailer trash based on some inconclusive memory of a behavior pattern from over 5 months ago (or longer... noone seems to ever answer that part).

>Still got wind in your sails?

If this conversation stood on its own, I'm sure it'd be different evidenced by your capitulation to CK3. That says more about you, than it does about me, regardless of whatever behavior pattern you claim I've displayed.
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 11/27/2006 02:42 PM CST
>>In summary, you haven't the guts to apologize for real, so you throw out a halfassed apology because you think I'm unwashed internet trailer trash based on some inconclusive memory of a behavior pattern from over 5 months ago (or longer... noone seems to ever answer that part).

It hasn't nary a thing to do with guts and you know it. If I had trouble apologizing I wouldn't apologize to him.

I don't think you're trailor trash or something ridiculous like that. I have now idea about your hygiene, your income, your intellect or your schooling, your professionalism, etc etc. I know only that you're baiting me and you know it.

I was hoping, aching, pining, wanting you to antagonize me one more time. And now that you have, I'd like to admit I think you're probably a very tough man; you'd have to be to still get all the other trolls that live in your cave to stay around you every time they watch you knitting little butterflies into your frilly pink panties.
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 11/27/2006 02:59 PM CST
Why did you have to bring my panties into this?

Woe.
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 11/27/2006 05:07 PM CST
I have nothing further to say

:oP Ragran
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 11/28/2006 04:15 AM CST
>>...

>>:oP Ragran

It was getting really boring. If you're going to have a conflict, you should at least do it properly.
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 12/23/2006 07:13 PM CST
Oh look, we already have a thread for you! Let's get this out of the way first:

>>You're so ridiculous it's amazing. 'Boohoo, please don't attack back.' You actually lace your request to remain on topic with a personal attack and then say take it to conflicts. You started a conflict, troll. Don't open your mouth and make the attacks personal if you don't want one.

I said to take it to conflicts so others wouldn't have to be subjected to your constant mindless drivel.

>>Do you have absolutely any idea what constitutes 'good evidence?' How about 'logic?' Apparently not.

Yes, I do, thanks. And a key to making a logical argument is having some sort of evidence with which to support it. You still haven't provided any sort of evidence either way, just conjecture.

>>Conclusion: Paladins are not masters of defense. Please substitute 'defense' for 'armor' and run the numbers again. You'll see much better results.

If we are talking pure skill sets, then you have a point. However, what other guild can allocate twice as many stance points to their defenses? What other guild can PROTECT from attacks? What guild besides Barbarians can parry ranged attacks as well as prevent someone else from aiming? How about swapping balance with your opponent? Sense when someone is stalking/stealing from you? Make it harder for magic to be cast on them?

You getting the picture?

>>Please post a link. I have no damn clue what you're talking about.

Apologies, it was Creatures, not Clerics. But perhaps you shouldn't cast so many lines, troll, if you can't remember where you cast them:

https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=10&topic=4&message=1557
>>"I'd not heard about the recent video game, guess I'll have to do a search. (grin)"
>>Dead Rising was George Romero, not H.P. Lovecraft.

https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=10&topic=4&message=1558
>>That's true, but Call of Cthulu on the other hand.. ;)

https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=10&topic=4&message=1559
>>Great game. And here I am, little 'there are no computer games except Dragonrealms' man.

>>And in your 'mind' that probably connotates me being called out by Z, I'm sure... if you don't outright have me confused with another poster.

Again -- evidence. You getting the idea of what that is now?

>>You should be a politician. You're very good at ignoring the issue (someone simply disagreeing with you) and turning it into a personal attack. Where, exactly, does Simu policy say we should put in our character names? I was under the impression boards were OOC, and the reason I don't put my character names in is because I ran across a few people (people like you, I imagine) who were not mature enough to differentiate IC and OOC and decided to attack me out of the blue.

Thanks for the compliment. You're right, I probably shouldn't have included that, but someone who posts as much (and as opionated) as you do ought to have at least a little backbone. I've never taken an OOC conflict in-game, but knowing who someone is or at least what guild they primarily play gives you a sense of where they're coming from when they post.

~Thilan
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 12/23/2006 07:38 PM CST
>who were not mature enough to differentiate IC and OOC and decided to attack me out of the blue.

AHAHAHHAHHA.

read: My char sucks and I will report.
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 12/23/2006 11:32 PM CST
>>AHAHAHHAHHA.

>>read: My char sucks and I will report.

So glad you could join us Praxis.

Actually no. One was five levels higher then me and I killed him in two shots. The other was below my level by about ten circles, so he got his circle 70 Moon Mage brother to attack me instead. Well, that sort of just opens the whole can of worms, and when we're inviting friends over for personal conflict we may as well invite the whole entourage over, huh? It really was a shame for the Moonie that I got adopted, coincidentally, by a rather high circle Paladin.

Regardless, the whole affair was very tiring, especially since the little brother that was 10 circles below me threatened to report me for unconsented PvP when I walked into a room with him and glanced at him. And while I regularly die and kill in the Pit (at least before, been focusing on circling now), I can't say with honesty that I actually enjoy the ridiculousness of clowns who attack and then hide behind policy to avoid retribution. I would imagine you run with that kind of crowd, Praxis.

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance.
-Aesop
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 12/23/2006 11:57 PM CST
>>read: My char sucks and I will report.

Nail on head? I didn't see one word about a name, or a denial. You're not great at admission, but denial and misdirection are your usual MO. What gives?

>I would imagine you run with that kind of crowd, Praxis.

For a big mouth with all kinds of assertion, you sure don't check any facts first. I've been killed by too many for too many different reasons to bother counting anymore and can take my lumps just as easy as I can give them out. Next time you want put me in the report macro/policy player crowd, think again, it isn't remotely true.

>Well, that sort of just opens the whole can of worms

See above. I'm a big boy, and can handle the messes I get into all by myself.
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 12/24/2006 12:45 AM CST
>>Nail on head? I didn't see one word about a name, or a denial. You're not great at admission, but denial and misdirection are your usual MO. What gives?

Read my lips: I'm not giving you my name, troll, and I don't give a flying flip what you think about it. You can continue this silly chicanery and cluck like a turkey all you want, that doesn't mean I am oblidged to pretend like I hear more then useless buzzing whenever you speak. If you really want to make something of it, you could always search through old posts and FIND my name. Or I'll mail it to your play.net addy. Would that satisfy your gangrene tongue, troll? Should I include my little baby alts too so you can pick on the ones who are more defenseless? The bottom line is that I don't feel oblidged to dance to the tune of snerts like you. You can interpret it however you want.

>>For a big mouth with all kinds of assertion, you sure don't check any facts first. I've been killed by too many for too many different reasons to bother counting anymore and can take my lumps just as easy as I can give them out. Next time you want put me in the report macro/policy player crowd, think again, it isn't remotely true.

Would I report if you killed me after mailing you my name and then picking a fight on OOC boards? No, I wouldn't. I've been killed six times by Praxis-clones after poking my head into their business and wiggling it around, and I didn't report a single time.

>>See above. I'm a big boy, and can handle the messes I get into all by myself.

Well, congratulations. If you're not the sort of person who would be the first to call in their big relatives then perhaps you're not quite the level of troll I thought you were. Want a medal? Neither am I. The point was, because of an OOC board, I've been pestered by not just snerts (which I am willing to deal with, even though I think it's dumb), but snerts who A) are too afraid to fight their own battles, B) whine like little babies and cry unfair when you call your big friends only AFTER they've called theirs (and it turns out your friends are bigger) and C) threaten to report (which is doubtless macro'd) for unconsented PvP after you try to force-feed them their own words.

Unfortunately, not all of us play TF. I play Prime these days. I used to have my character names plastered all over my posts, but Prime is a silly hodgepodge of snerts who pick fights and then play the policy game when they lose them. Right now I'm more focused on having fun roleplaying and circling then I am worrying bout snerts, so I removed my IC names from my posts. If you've still got a bone to pick and you're actually the kind who is willing to deal with problems by himself, without relatives or policy, like you claim to be, then ask me for my play.net addy and I'll mail you the character names. Hell, I'll even let you choose what circle range you want to limit our characters to to make it a fair fight (if you want a limit at all, if not then great). We can tango, one on one till one of us dies, and then go about our damn business like it's supposed to be.

-Aesop
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 12/24/2006 01:11 AM CST
I think the "Master of ..." is over-rated on all fronts. Think of the reasoning people use that logic. It's always done to justify that guild A, B, and/or C deserve a certain spell/ability/perk.

In my opinion, this is not what should drive development of abilities, spells, perks, etc. It should be based on requirements or personal efforts that give someone. This will probably be seen with feats regarding achieving personal ranks and new options that someone can use when they reach those certain ranks/stats.

Any way you slice it, the Paladin Team can come up with some good idea and it can get accepted or rejected by their supervisors. If a guild needs some ability/spell/perk/etc., I think they should get it with the exception of things that are critical to the guild and game balance as a whole.

I hardly even remember the beginning of the Master of the Defense or the situation with dark/fallen paladin thread (which seems to pop up every month or so), but the intention sounded decent. Hopefully, some good ideas would come out of them and folks stop picking on the small potato arguments such as who is the Master of Blahville.

- Simon

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/geek+gaming/-/pv_design_details/pg_14/id_14016668/opt_/fpt_/c_360/

"Do you have a World of Warcraft account?"
"No, I have a life!" (SP, episode 8, season 10)
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 12/24/2006 01:22 AM CST
My chance to chime-in and offer some more annoyance (I do so love the between semester "breaks").

<<And a key to making a logical argument is having some sort of evidence with which to support it. >>

Actually no. A logical argument requires no real "evidence", only assertions upon which premises are founded. These assertions can be valid or invalid, true or false, cat or dog, it does not matter. All that matters is that the logical argument remains consistent throughout...

<<As for stance points to their defenses, there are two things you could be referring to: the additional stance point granted every 10 circles (which is shared with Barbarians) or the spell Holy Warrior. Paladins are, granted, the only guild with a comparable ability.>>

Paladins, Barbarians, and Warrior Mages all get additional stance points. However, the max number allowable cap earlier for Barbarians and Warrior Mages, than they do for Paladins. This may be what is being referred to here.

--Just a "clueless" Lurker
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 12/24/2006 01:49 AM CST
>>Paladins, Barbarians, and Warrior Mages all get additional stance points. However, the max number allowable cap earlier for Barbarians and Warrior Mages, than they do for Paladins. This may be what is being referred to here.

Actually, EVERY guild gets additional stance points. Barbs and Paladins every 10 circles, Warrior Mages 15, everyone else 20 (I believe, I haven't confirmed every guild with my own character and been a while since I read the post).

-Aesop
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 12/24/2006 07:14 AM CST
>See a trend? If Paladins were masters

Strangely, this is part of my argument why this 'masters' crap isn't helpful.

>Protect is a one-time usage with significant cool-down.

Wrong. Check your facts.

>more efficient then a single PROTECT. What's to stop a Moon Mage from immobilizing you a second time with a snap-cast of MB? PROTECT only goes so far.

No one would use Protect that way in the first place. Making an argument based on incorrect usage isn't really an argument as much as target practice. Paladins would use MO (Marshal's Order disc booster), DiG (Divine Guidance INT booster), and SP (Soldier's Prayer magic/tm barrier) to defend against MB, FYI.

>>Make it harder for magic to be cast on them?

>Oh, come on. BMR is tenfold more effective then anything Paladins have. In addition to that, Thieves have khri sane, Clerics have Confound Enemies and Protection from Evil, Moon Mages have Shear, Warrior Mages have Ethereal Shield, and so on and so forth.

See the MO, DiG, SP defense, above. It is nowhere near as efficient as BMR, but its not a condition in which the caster only has to add 2 mana to thier spell prep either. Please note also, some of the barrier spells you mention have drawbacks, unlike the Paladin versions. ES was proven a while back to do about jack nothing against incoming magic, not sure why you included it.
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 12/24/2006 07:28 AM CST
<<Oh, no, you're totally right here Telger (see Praxis? if I ever see Thilan IC I won't give a expletive deleted for stupid board stuff.>>

Wow, for someone who's calling out as many people as possible, you might want to go back and read board policy.

Drongol's Player

PC also stands for "Paying Customer."
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 12/24/2006 07:35 AM CST
>Read my lips: I'm not giving you my name, troll,

I know what it is. Well, ok, I have a fair idea I'm right in my guess. Post it, email or not, it really doesn't matter to me... someone else asked and I just pointed out that it seems far too ironic to twist every discussion into the points YOU want to talk about instead of what others want to talk about.

>Would I report if you killed me after mailing you my name and then picking a fight on OOC boards?

I have a hard time believing that, but its irrelevent because I'm not going to chase you down over BBS conflicts. The net effect would likely be my willingness in allowing an IG conflict to escalate all that much faster. I'm not going to run from Kresh to Hib over this.

>Well, congratulations.

So you spend two words agreeing with me, then the rest of 2 paragraphs telling your sob story about other people (as in NOT ME). Brilliant.

>We can tango, one on one till one of us dies, and then go about our damn business like it's supposed to be.

I have 2 problems with this line of thinking:

You spend almost an entire post saying how dumb it is for people to take OOC boards stuff into the game, then offer to throw down over board stuff?

Nice rules and all, just say what char you wanted to go with and be done with it. I already said I don't really care, win or lose... its not like I'll win DR over it.

>I play Prime these days. I used to have my character names plastered all over my posts, but Prime is a silly hodgepodge

Posting your name once here, even after not posting it for a period of time shouldn't expose you to very many snerts. Its the Paladin folder, after all, nobody reads here. I suppose I could google around to confirm my suspicion, we'll see.

Let me ask one question, seriously, how is your little noob?
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 04:17 PM CST
Someone come pick a fight and be a snert to my character.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 04:18 PM CST
Whats your macro?
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 04:25 PM CST
It's a kill macro. I'd do better showing you than telling you.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 04:26 PM CST
Actually we've tried that. You lost. Twice.
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 04:36 PM CST
Let me just inform you that sparring is completely different than a real conflict.

Vinjince

- Sima Yi
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 04:41 PM CST
>Let me just inform you that sparring is completely different than a real conflict.

Aside from the character abilities, there is only one player ability thats different.
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 04:45 PM CST
Try me.

Vinjince

- Sima Yi
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 04:48 PM CST
To what end?

And just in case you didn't fully read the first few posts... If I didn't want to bring the bbs into the game with diminishedangel... can you explain why I would do it with you?
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 04:54 PM CST
>> can you explain why I would do it with you?

To be honest, I could care less. Don't get so worked up over a post I made.

Vinjince

- Sima Yi
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 04:55 PM CST
enough nonsense vinjince. I'm the only Tog around here that lays down the smack
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 05:05 PM CST
>>enough nonsense vinjince. I'm the only Tog around here that lays down the smack

I just like to mess with the ones that get their panties in a bunch.

Vinjince

- Sima Yi
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 05:08 PM CST
Try Celesi
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 06:36 PM CST
Come on guys.

Here is a thread with my name and a dozen posts and not a single person accusing me of being a dumb troll, much less even mentioning my name. Let's get it together here.

-Aesop
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 07:07 PM CST
<<Here is a thread with my name and a dozen posts and not a single person accusing me of being a dumb troll, much less even mentioning my name. Let's get it together here.>>

Shut the hell up.

<<I just like to mess with the ones that get their panties in a bunch.>>

I think Marc would do alright in a conflict or spar setting. I've seen you both fight and you know how to handle your characters more or less.

<<If I didn't want to bring the bbs into the game with diminishedangel... can you explain why I would do it with you?>>

I understand your reason for wanting to maintain your role-play for your character, but just have fun and decide a certain time period where you guys just go all out on each other in a conflict type atmosphere (no rules). If you want to - cool. If not - no big deal.

- Simon

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/geek+gaming/-/pv_design_details/pg_14/id_14016668/opt_/fpt_/c_360/

"Heh" - Everyone
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 09:14 PM CST
>I understand your reason for wanting to maintain your role-play for your character, but just have fun and decide a certain time period where you guys just go all out on each other in a conflict type atmosphere (no rules). If you want to - cool. If not - no big deal.

Thats different than a bbs pissing contest spilling over into the game. I'm always up for a game of assassin, or the best of 3 deaths game.

I would stupidly trust most anyone not to report in those circumstances, which was the macro/player ability dig I put on Vin.

>I think Marc would do alright in a conflict or spar setting. I've seen you both fight and you know how to handle your characters more or less.

I want to see odds, payouts, and my cut for winning first. You are not in school to yak on a bbs, Mister Simon; whip out that calculator and get figuring! :D
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/02/2007 10:51 PM CST
<<Thats different than a bbs pissing contest spilling over into the game. I'm always up for a game of assassin, or the best of 3 deaths game.>>

Ya, that's true. That's what I figured Vinjince was up for.

Vin won't report and you won't report. But, in the case any of you need verification, just use WARN COMBAT and than wait 10 minutes in opposite areas of a town before attacking. After that, just view each other as enemies and do what you have to do to attack/kill/maim. I think you both would enjoy this greatly.

<<I want to see odds, payouts, and my cut for winning first. You are not in school to yak on a bbs, Mister Simon; whip out that calculator and get figuring! :D>>

Does Slaris have PROTECT SELF? I'd give him a big edge over Vinjince if he does. If not, I would still have Slaris over Vinjince but not as much. I'd go with Slaris getting 3 kills and Vinjince getting 1.

- Simon

"Heh" - Everyone
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/03/2007 06:39 AM CST
>That's what I figured Vinjince was up for.

He said snert it up. I placed my cynicsm on his humor attempt and didn't think spar games was what he meant.

>Does Slaris have PROTECT SELF?

Nope. Not even close.

>I'd go with Slaris getting 3 kills and Vinjince getting 1.

Any other bets?
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/03/2007 08:23 AM CST
>>Any other bets?

I'll take the over on that, and parlay it into a teaser on Pureblade vs. Drongol.

~Thilan
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/03/2007 08:31 AM CST
>Pureblade vs. Drongol

Thats like the Chicago Bears vs my daughters dolls, including the one that wets itself.
Re: DIMINISHEDANGEL. 01/03/2007 08:58 AM CST
Rex Grossman wets himself?

~Thilan
Prev_page Previous 1