Prev_page Previous 1
Shield USage not being worked 09/20/2006 02:17 PM CDT
I have been hunting in sand sprites in ratha for some time now and suddenly shield usage is not being worked it is at 112 and all the other skills are 125 and up. they are getting worked but not shield usage. i have changed my stance to 100 shield and 0 in parry and evasion and still nothgin can anyone tell me whats wrong?
Re: Shield USage not being worked 09/20/2006 02:21 PM CDT
>I have been hunting in sand sprites in ratha for some time now and suddenly shield usage is not being worked it is at 112 and all the other skills are 125 and up. they are getting worked but not shield usage. i have changed my stance to 100 shield and 0 in parry and evasion and still nothgin can anyone tell me whats wrong?

I'm not sure if theres a universal cap - but I stopped learning skills in Sprites at 111 as a bard. (ME, etc)

Are you still learning other skills that are past 112?

nevermind you answered that part. Paladins are what? Armor primary? Are any of the other skills you're learning past 112 armor?

Re: Shield USage not being worked 09/20/2006 02:21 PM CDT
hmm wierd that all the other skills are 120ish and they still get worked
Re: Shield USage not being worked 09/20/2006 02:25 PM CDT
>hmm wierd that all the other skills are 120ish and they still get worked

Ok, but are any of the OTHER skills armor?

Re: Shield USage not being worked 09/20/2006 02:44 PM CDT
My shield skill always stops learning before my armor in hunting grounds. In Swain, My shield stopped at 187, where my armor kept training a little after that. You are at the top of what sprites will teach, it is probably time to move to another area to hunt. I would suggest Leucros, or Swain if your weapons are high enough (115 minimum). Good Luck.

Sir Haammerstrike,
Blunt Wielding Dwarf Paladin

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
Albert Einstein
Re: Shield USage not being worked 09/21/2006 07:28 PM CDT
Certain skills have caps determined by the number of creatures to which you are engaged, like body armors, while others do not, weapons.

I am --- Navak
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/04/2006 09:41 AM CDT
No conflicts in this pansy folder for months and months...then this?

grrrrr

:oP Ragran
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/04/2006 09:24 PM CDT
<<:oP Ragran>>

Nobody likes you.

Everybody hates you.

Time to eat some worms, boy.

Drongol's Player

PC also stands for "Paying Customer."
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/05/2006 10:47 AM CDT
wretched bastid

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/05/2006 10:55 AM CDT
<<wretched bastid>>

You are, aren't you? It's almost sad, sometimes, to see just how low people are willing to sink, either on the boards or on the gweth.

People used to think Ragran was almost a threat. Now, he's become a walking punchline.

Drongol's Player

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/05/2006 12:31 PM CDT
<<You are, aren't you?>>

Bah! The line is, "I know you are! But what am I?!"

witless.

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/05/2006 12:52 PM CDT
oh ya, on the topic of Ragran as a threat:

you refuse to combat me in game. i used to steal from you with the usual mental preparation that you, like most, may attack. You don't. I've asked to spar. You won't.

so i may make you laugh. but my guess is you fear me more than anything.

But hey, if you won't challenge Rags' skills in game can always snipe at me on the boards! That's safer anyways ;)

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/05/2006 03:19 PM CDT
>Nobody likes you.

I like him and his character.

>Time to eat some worms, boy.

Speaking of... someone whos name begins with RAGRAN owes me a pitfight.

>But hey, if you won't challenge Rags' skills in game

Turning your polo cloak is not a skill. :P
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/05/2006 09:23 PM CDT
<<you refuse to combat me in game. i used to steal from you with the usual mental preparation that you, like most, may attack. You don't. I've asked to spar. You won't.>>

Drongol is not a PvP character. Personally, I despise the PvP system set up in Dragonrealms. Therefore, if there's anything better to do, I'd rather not engage in PvP activity.

Is that fear? Perhaps. Personally, I consider it boredom with a system that is designed (in my own opinion) with massive flaws that are exploited constantly by people who then pat themselves on the back and consider themselves great. Why bother?

<<so i may make you laugh.>>

You do. Constantly. It's rather funny.

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?

A: Ragran.

See? Hilarious!

<<But hey, if you won't challenge Rags' skills in game can always snipe at me on the boards!>>

I couldn't care less about skills in the game. If you kill Drongol, I'm out a whopping half an hour at the most getting healed, rezzed, etc. It's annoying, but it's not something to fear. On the other hand, bragging about minorly inconveniencing someone seems rather... Childish?

It's like going to your friends and bragging about cutting someone off on the highway. Sure, it might have ticked them off, but at the end of the day, what did it do for you?

Drongol's Player

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/05/2006 11:25 PM CDT
>>On the other hand, bragging about minorly inconveniencing someone seems rather... Childish?

I guess that's why you insist on having everyone refer to you as "the player of Drongol" or "Drongol's player" or whatever asshattery it is.
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/06/2006 06:33 AM CDT
<<I guess that's why you insist on having everyone refer to you as "the player of Drongol" or "Drongol's player" or whatever (profanity censored) it is.>>

Oh, Pureblade's Player, how I've missed you. How goes the magic training?

It's a pity that you haven't been able to catch the joke by now. Yes, I sign my posts Drongol's Player, and no, I do not want those individuals who know my real name and contact information to reveal that to the world. However, constantly correcting those people who call me "Drongol" is done more to please the crowd than anything. After all, I have to give you something to whine about, don't I?

Why don't you go get another of our spells downtweaked, kid, and stop bothering me?

Drongol's Player

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/06/2006 08:49 AM CDT
Turning your polo cloak is not a skill. :P

its all in the wrist!

Drongol is not a PvP character. Personally, I despise the PvP system set up in Dragonrealms. Therefore, if there's anything better to do, I'd rather not engage in PvP activity.

better to engage in making judgements of others' level of toughness, especially when you're the most afeared guy ive come across in recent memory.

Is that fear? Perhaps.

Nosce Te Ipsum.

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/06/2006 09:50 AM CDT
>>Oh, Pureblade's Player, how I've missed you. How goes the magic training?

Pureblade's Player doesn't train magic, because he isn't a magician. If he was, he'd be in Vegas raking in cash and not laying out magazine pages. I know it's difficult to separate the two, but it is Pureblade the character that trains magic, not the player behind him.

>>Why don't you go get another of our spells downtweaked, kid, and stop bothering me?

The player has to read the boards while the character trains magic.
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/06/2006 01:29 PM CDT
at least the character Pureblade isn't always in the Cloisters now. Did give my holy chars a good idea by him always "walking" through there casting though!
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/06/2006 01:44 PM CDT
>>at least the character Pureblade isn't always in the Cloisters now. Did give my holy chars a good idea by him always "walking" through there casting though!

powerwalking/casting scripts rule the world.

that and when i have time to play, i'm catching up to the armor reqs i fell behind in a few years ago.
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/06/2006 07:41 PM CDT
<<you're the most afeared guy ive come across in recent memory.>>

I love it when people artificially inflate Drongol's level because of the fact that he really isn't all that scared of anyone.

Let's put it this way: I've had people estimate Drongol's level at over twice what it is. He ain't all that and a bag of chips. Heck, he has (to date) killed under ten characters in PvP combat.

<<Pureblade's Player doesn't train magic, because he isn't a magician.>>

Classic.

<<The player has to read the boards while the character trains magic.>>

Notice you did not say that the player has to post on the boards while the character scripts magic.

Drongol's Player

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/06/2006 08:16 PM CDT
Oh shut up, the entertainment value of pointless bickering ended uh, a long time ago.

~Player of Zaud/Koryn (Platinum)

Got Smite? - http://www.drpaladin.com/
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/07/2006 06:18 AM CDT
<<Oh shut up, the entertainment value of pointless bickering ended uh, a long time ago.>>

What else is a Conflict folder for?

Drongol's Player

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/07/2006 07:22 AM CDT
I love it when people artificially inflate Drongol's level because of the fact that he really isn't all that scared of anyone.

ya i get that all the time myself.

but i think you misunderstood me...

im saying that drongol's player is a coward. this has nothing to do with whatever circle drongol, whom is played by the player of drongol, may be. my theory is that drongol's player is afraid of ragran. and that ragran's player thinks that makes drongol's player weak. which makes drongol the unwitting victim of drongol's player's lack of mettle. ragran, and in fact, ragran's player are unimpressed with drongol and drongol's player in general. Ragran's player's players, the women in his life, express disatisfaction with ragran's player, and this may be, at times, expressed in ragran's player's frustration, which, by virtue of the fact that ragran is weilded by his player, may manifest in ragran, not ragran's player, being mean to people. Ragran's player must find ways to vent his hostility, and, at times, employs ragran to that end.

ya know?

jerk.

P.S. I just decided that the "jerk." was directed at Drongol's player.
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/07/2006 08:49 AM CDT
Hahaha some days you gotta love Ragran and Ragran's player. Not all that often, but he has his moments. Hahaha

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/07/2006 09:24 AM CDT
>I love it when people artificially inflate Drongol's level because of the fact that he really isn't all that scared of anyone.

Sorry bro, Drongol doesn't play that out very well. You, the player of may think so, but I can detail examples where its just not true.

I'm willing to buy the 30 minute inconvenience point or the perception that PvP is not attractive as good reasons to avoid PvP, but to say your character is not afraid is not accurate.

>Ragran's player must find ways to vent his hostility

Get one of those cool corporate schwag squeezy toys. Think "Black Rocket". Either that or play DR drunk.

>and, at times, employs ragran to that end.

Picking on noobs is hardly sport enough to be satisifying. Knock it off.
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/07/2006 12:30 PM CDT
>>Let's put it this way: I've had people estimate Drongol's level at over twice what it is. He ain't all that and a bag of chips.

That's not because Drongol "isn't scared of anyone," it's because you've had Drongol for what, a decade?

>>Notice you did not say that the player has to post on the boards while the character scripts magic.

That's because, unlike you, people have the ability to infer things. Like, when they call me "pureblade" on the boards, I can infer that they mean "the player of pureblade not the actual character." Or, if Drongol's player is posting something, it is safe to infer that he'll eventually go "BUT I AM THE PLAYER OF DRONGOL NOT DRONGOL" if someone replies to him through his character's name.

The ability to infer things is a wonderful joy.
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/07/2006 02:47 PM CDT
Okay, Ragran gave me a chuckle there, who knew?

Circlewise it's a trend for folks to assume that the.. hmm..more vocal? folks in DR are higher circle than they are. In our Guild for instance folks like Drongol, Blasword, Candidus and even Pureblade would always have folks thinking they were much higher than they actually were. This wasn't because they took the Michael route of beating everyone over the head with his mad skills it was because they are active and vocal. Personally I think thats fine, certain folks should have a certain mysique about them, where the problem lies though is in the self confidence of the folks in question. I know plenty of folks that don't want others to know that they arn't as high as folks think they are and avoid Pvp not so much out of sheer fear but moreso because they'd be embarrased.

Also I've witnessed Drongol off three lil folks in Crossing over the years. Each time the person he wacked was a dork who totally deserved it however given his current stance there is a slight waft of I like PvP when I know I can win smell that drifts off of it.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/07/2006 02:58 PM CDT
<<Ragran's player's players, the women in his life, express disatisfaction with ragran's player, and this may be, at times, expressed in ragran's player's frustration, which, by virtue of the fact that ragran is weilded by his player, may manifest in ragran, not ragran's player, being mean to people.>>

Haha

- Simon
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/07/2006 03:31 PM CDT
<<im saying that drongol's player is a coward.>>

You're absolutely correct. I am not the sort of person to engage in unwarranted violence. I did not sign up for military service because, frankly, I do not enjoy the thought of people firing guns at me. I am far more likely to comply with a person wielding a gun than try to wrestle with them for it.

<<my theory is that drongol's player is afraid of ragran.>>

Might I bring up that Ragran had the perfect opportunity to off Drongol whilst he was walking around without armor and didn't take it?

<<Sorry bro, Drongol doesn't play that out very well.>>

Eh, it's an arguable point. There's a difference between giving the bird to someone saying "Come here and fight me" and being scared, however.

<<That's not because Drongol "isn't scared of anyone," it's because you've had Drongol for what, a decade?>>

Hmm... Something like that. I'm not honestly sure, especially since I've taken several long breaks from the game.

<<Also I've witnessed Drongol off three lil folks in Crossing over the years. Each time the person he wacked was a dork who totally deserved it however given his current stance there is a slight waft of I like PvP when I know I can win smell that drifts off of it.>>

If you notice, each time that Drongol's finally killed someone, it's been when both he and myself have totally exhausted all other forms of warning the annoyance. In every situation I can remember within the past, oh, three years or so, the individual has been thumped, kicked out of the Paladins' Guildhall (if applicable), and warned both ICly and OOCly that if they continue to be annoying, they're likely to find themselves needing Clerical assistance.

Heck, lately I've even been throwing WARN COMBAT into the mix. But some people just can't leave well enough alone, I suppose.

Drongol's Player

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/08/2006 08:25 AM CDT
first of all, stooping to my level and actually defending yourself is sad.

however...

I did not sign up for military service because, frankly, I do not enjoy the thought of people firing guns at me.

im not clear on this. are you being sarcastic? i ask because if you DID sign up and you are/were serving...thanks. You are more hero than coward.

However, having no interest in military service doesn't make one a coward either.

Its the fact that you fear Ragran in a MUD that makes you a coward.

Might I bring up that Ragran had the perfect opportunity to off Drongol whilst he was walking around without armor and didn't take it?

i don't just attack people unconsented - unless i know its okay with them. the day in the tent i asked you if "you wish to combat?" several times. I do this deliberately. You, as always, fell totally mute.

You smelled like someone whose sweaty, nervous, forefinger was poised to strike their report macro at any moment. After all the mess you were talking on the gweth, i wasn't expecting silence when i asked that question.

Sometimes, on the boards and in the game, I conflict with someone for a while then suddenly realize that they aren't mentally or emotionally competitive. Then all im doing is bullying an innocent. I'm starting to think you might be one of these people.

I'm not the type to make fun of someone that needs to wear head protection to buy a pack of gum at 7-11.

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/08/2006 11:01 AM CDT
<<im not clear on this. are you being sarcastic? i ask because if you DID sign up and you are/were serving...thanks. You are more hero than coward.>>

Not at all. I did not sign up because I don't appreciate the idea of getting shot at. The idea of violence being perpetrated against myself, frankly, does not make me a happy camper.

<<i don't just attack people unconsented>>

Good for you. Seriously.

<<the day in the tent i asked you if "you wish to combat?" several times. I do this deliberately. You, as always, fell totally mute.>>

To begin with, "You wish to combat?" is a rather foolish question to ask someone who is walking around with his wife shopping. Secondly, I'm not entirely certain why a reluctance of my part to engage in PvP combat in DR is an issue whatsoever.

<<You smelled like someone whose sweaty, nervous, forefinger was poised to strike their report macro at any moment.>>

Wow, you could smell me all the way from Texas? That's honestly impressive. Perhaps you should put your obviously superior senses to better use than trying to smell out people you game with.

<<Sometimes, on the boards and in the game, I conflict with someone for a while then suddenly realize that they aren't mentally or emotionally competitive. Then all im doing is bullying an innocent. I'm starting to think you might be one of these people.>>

Then don't get into a conflict with me. Trust me, it won't exactly hurt my feelings whatsoever. The day that your opinion of me matters, I assure you, I will inform you. Until then, you're just another obnoxious voice on the Internet.

Drongol's Player

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/08/2006 11:08 AM CDT
>>To begin with, "You wish to combat?" is a rather foolish question to ask someone who is walking around with his wife shopping. Secondly, I'm not entirely certain why a reluctance of my part to engage in PvP combat in DR is an issue whatsoever.

Please leave me alone! IM JUST TRYING TO SHOP! cries

-Teeklin

"You take people, you put them on a journey, you give them peril, you find out who they really are. If there's any kind of fiction better than that, I don't know what it is." -Joss Whedon
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/08/2006 11:49 AM CDT
I did not sign up because I don't appreciate the idea of getting shot at. The idea of violence being perpetrated against myself, frankly, does not make me a happy camper.

perhaps i don't speak for every soldier, but i wonder whether anyone serves because they like the idea of getting shot at. actually i think that probably sounds a wee flip to anyone that signs onto the boards from combat zones or has family currently serving.

you should apologize. and im not kidding.

Wow, you could smell me all the way from Texas? That's honestly impressive. Perhaps you should put your obviously superior senses to better use than trying to smell out people you game with.

oh ya, i fergot...yer insane.

what i meeeant to say was, that ragran's player, observing drongol, through ragran's eyes, and his apparent reluctance to engage ragran's question in person (as opposed to the easy with which he lobs insults and threats on the gweth) caused ragran's player to assume that drongol's player was a policy player, who has his character, drongol, instigate conflict ig, then, after drongol's player's uses his character, drongol, to incite his adversary enough with his taunting, waits for his adversaries' players (me, in this instance) have their characters (ragran, in this instance) attack them, which gives drongol's player grounds to reach out for ooc solutions to his character's ig conflicts, because drongol's player is insufficiently equipped to handle ig conflicts...um...ig.

...inhale

...exhale

can't we agree on some kind of shorthand? you don't seem to understand me unless i type massive run-on sentences. which seems so counter-intuitive. maybe you are what people refer to when they talk about backward-arse people.

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/08/2006 01:06 PM CDT
<<perhaps i don't speak for every soldier, but i wonder whether anyone serves because they like the idea of getting shot at. actually i think that probably sounds a wee flip to anyone that signs onto the boards from combat zones or has family currently serving.>>

I did not intend to imply that anyone would sign up for military service because they enjoyed the idea of being shot at. Rather, I said that I did not sign up because I do not want to be shot at. Same reason why I have no intention of being a bodyguard, police officer, or anything of that sort.

However, it's clear that you're attempting to twist this statement into an attack on the individuals who are defending our country by attacking a bunch of people whom, it seems, merely want us to leave their land.

<<you should apologize. and im not kidding.>>

Nah. To begin with, not everyone supports the idea of imposing our country's political viewpoints by attacking ill-trained troops who are using inferior equipment to us. Secondly, I think it's fairly obvious that saying that I don't want to be shot at does not mean that I believe the average infantryman does.

<<oh ya, i fergot...yer insane.>>

More or less. And completely willing to take something literally when it suits my purposes.

It's interesting, however, that you require verbal consent to attack a supposedly unwitting, and certainly unprepared target. "Here, pal, mind if I mug you?"

As I said, I do not enjoy PvP combat. Therefore, if anyone asks Drongol if he'd like to get into a fight, the answer will typically be in the negative. Calling me a coward because I dislike a system in this game is a rather humorous endevour, however.

Drongol's Player

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/08/2006 02:40 PM CDT
you're attempting to twist this statement

its what i do best!

the individuals who are defending our country by attacking a bunch of people whom, it seems, merely want us to leave their land.

First of all there is nothing "merely" about whats happening over there. And trust me when i say its not a simple matter of trying to get us to leave. And the enemy are not the people that would love a sane, safe, responsible, political infrastructure for their home. Well over half of the enemy is admistrated by al qaeda. These folks aren't iraqi. I'll remind you that they came into my city, and killed 2 of my friends.

And let me set you straight; our enemy are not victims. Our enemy, in this particular conflict, are badguys. And they are a lot less dangerous to us than they are to iraqis that are looking for some sanity. And if they had their way they would happily keep the entire middle eastern population impoverished, and their little girls uneducated, their little boys conditioned to blow themselves up with the hope of measuring up to some very strange definitions of manhood, spiritual rightiousness, patriotism, and simply to collect a pitance that will be forwarded to their family, which will likely be used to buy food. These folks that "merely want us to leave their home" would keep their women without rights of position, property or basic self-determination. Unlike the vast majority of political affiliations who take the view that "if you aren't against us, you're with us" take the dangerously inflexible position of "if you aren't with us, you're against us."

They are fighting to institutionalize the iron fist of islamistism. This is not islam, it is a sect, an approach to islam. Google it. It bad.

They are fighting for oil revenues. Oil is concentrated in the north and south. The southern region is controlled by the Shia. They don't want the Kurds, who control the northern oilfields to control the government (and their oil profits). The iraqi president is a kurd. They no like this. The kurds don't want to be squeezed out for the same reason. And everyone hates the sunnis (saddam's people), who control no oil fields, and thus are killing everyone and everyone is killing them. In short its a complex disaster. And its a bloodbath for all.

I can continue to explain why they represent more than just some poor folks trying to get us out of their country, but i won't. You should do a little of the work yourself.

And I forgive you for being so completely ignorant of what goes on in the world. You're just underinformed.

All of that being said, i'm 100% against this war. but not because they are "a bunch of people whom, it seems, merely want us to leave their land."

It's interesting, however, that you require verbal consent to attack a supposedly unwitting, and certainly unprepared target. "Here, pal, mind if I mug you?"

i haven't the slightest idea what the hell you're talking about with this one. Its confused, nonesensical word joinings like this that lead me to believe you wear head protection when shopping at 7-11.

Calling me a coward because I dislike a system in this game is a rather humorous endevour.

See? we do agree on something!

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/08/2006 02:52 PM CDT
but the important thing to remember is that you're talking to the player of drongol.

DONT FORGET GUYS.
Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/08/2006 03:13 PM CDT
<<First of all there is nothing "merely" about whats happening over there.>>

Sure there is. The American troops have "merely" decided to go about getting into a conflict with someone over something that we can't even truly remember. Why did we invade Iraq again? Which reason is it today?

<<And the enemy are not the people that would love a sane, safe, responsible, political infrastructure for their home.>>

Since when was it the job of the United States to decide what sane, safe, and responsible was, and furthermore to invade countries that do not meet their criteria?

<<I'll remind you that they came into my city, and killed 2 of my friends.>>

I'll remind you that Al-Qaeda is not Iraq.

<<And let me set you straight; our enemy are not victims.>>

"Our enemy" in this conflict consist of individuals who believe that they are in the right and are willing to die for their beliefs. Of course, "we" disagree with their opinion and feel that gives "us" the right to go over and shoot them, which is why "they" thought it appropriate to fly a plane into our buildings.

<<And if they had their way they would happily keep the entire middle eastern population impoverished, and their little girls uneducated, their little boys conditioned to blow themselves up with the hope of measuring up to some very strange definitions of manhood, spiritual rightiousness, patriotism, and simply to collect a pitance that will be forwarded to their family, which will likely be used to buy food.>>

Okay, so they aren't good people. Does this give us any right to become the Global Police Force and enforce Truth, Justice, and the American Way (tm)? In my eyes, it does not.

<<This is not islam, it is a sect, an approach to islam. Google it. It bad.>>

Most organized religions are. However, that is neither here nor there.

<<They are fighting for oil revenues.>>

And we aren't? Don't kid yourself.

<<i haven't the slightest idea what the hell you're talking about with this one.>>

As I said, you were stalking Drongol while he was wearing no armor and shopping with his wife. You then asked him if he wanted to "combat." The fact that you were surprised that he didn't answer is somewhat funny.

Drongol's Player

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/08/2006 03:26 PM CDT
The American troops have "merely" decided to go about getting into a conflict

our troops didn't get us into this conflict. you should be a little more deliberate when you say stuff.

Since when was it the job of the United States to decide what sane, safe, and responsible was, and furthermore to invade countries that do not meet their criteria?

this is why im against this war.

I'll remind you that Al-Qaeda is not Iraq.

we are fighting al-qaeda in iraq.

"Our enemy" in this conflict consist of individuals who believe that they are in the right and are willing to die for their beliefs. Of course, "we" disagree with their opinion and feel that gives "us" the right to go over and shoot them, which is why "they" thought it appropriate to fly a plane into our buildings.

they killed my friends before we invaded iraq or afghanistan. they stirred the pot and got burned.

Okay, so they aren't good people. Does this give us any right to become the Global Police Force and enforce Truth, Justice, and the American Way (tm)?

no

Most organized religions are

are what? there you go again not making sense.

by the way, im amazed at how blind americans are to the, if not equivalent, near-equivalent role that religiousity plays in our own government, debates, speeches, laws. We're only a couple of steps behind them kids. Only thing saving us from falling all the way in is we have a few bucks to feed our families and there's more than just sand everywhere.

As I said, you were stalking Drongol while he was wearing no armor and shopping with his wife. You then asked him if he wanted to "combat." The fact that you were surprised that he didn't answer is somewhat funny.

I never said i was surprised you didn't answer. I said you were a coward. That's not the same thing.

Re: Shield USage not being worked 10/08/2006 03:39 PM CDT
<<our troops didn't get us into this conflict. you should be a little more deliberate when you say stuff.>>

Actually, our troops did get us into this conflict. They obeyed orders.

History has already given us at least one memorable example of "I was merely following orders" failing to pacify the irate.

<<we are fighting al-qaeda in iraq.>>

Incorrect. We are invading Iraq and attempting to create a regime change that will, in turn, lead to a country with a puppet government that can provide oil more readily to the United States and serve as another example of how great we are. After all, they're going to have Democracy now! Hooray!

<<they killed my friends before we invaded iraq or afghanistan.>>

Incorrect. They killed your friends (and my friends, and my family) before we invaded THIS time. However, one merely claim that the United States has never done anything to provoke the citizens of most Middle Eastern nations into violent retribution.

<<they stirred the pot and got burned.>>

We stirred the pot long ago and got away with it. Now we're proving that we don't like it when someone we pick on fights back.

<<are what? there you go again not making sense.>>

If I remember correctly, you said that Islamistism is "a bad thing." My response was "Most organized religions are." While grammatically a fragment, in conversational English, this is an acceptable means of communication. For example:

Kid #1: "Man, that Pink sure is annoying!"
Kid #2: "Most pop stars are."

Completely understandable to anyone with a decent knowledge of the English language and a modicum of reading skills.

<<I never said i was surprised you didn't answer. I said you were a coward.>>

And I agreed. After all, I'm not in the military service.

Drongol's Player

Prev_page Previous 1