Prev_page Previous 1
Re: Title bug 06/18/2005 08:40 PM CDT
No, ye don't get it...We would like access to your guild only ones..

Crusader Taghz

I'd rather be in the Penalty Box!
Need Chain armor?
http://www.geocities.com/skracrusader2001/index.htm
Re: Title bug 06/18/2005 08:49 PM CDT
First off. Our only guild-only titles are things like Master Thief, Expert Thief, Journeyman Thief. Everything else is under criminal. Even at a tert rate, I'm sure you guys can get enough stealing to qualify for a lot of those titles.

Secondly. Saying you want access to our titles is completely irrelevant to our having access to other guilds titles. It's a guild-ability for us to be able to fake another guild. If you are saying you want access to our guild ability to lie and pretend to be another guild, then fine, I'm all for it, but you better have a detailed proposal for why you think it's IC for a paladin to have it.

Thirdly, the title in question is merely a title for paladins that have fallen from grace. If anything, it should be the EASIEST title for a thief to pretend. No matter what title we have, we're going to have stealing ranks, backstab ranks, hiding/stalking ranks. Our souls are as black as night, we explode soulstones. This is the one title that would would be easiest for us to claim.

-Wighten
Re: Title bug 06/18/2005 09:22 PM CDT
So there is a double standard here, when our abilities effect people stealing from us its wrong. But thieves can do what they please and its okay.

This includes having our titles. I'm all for you faking our titles...But only paladins should be able to call yer bluff...

Crusader Taghz

I'd rather be in the Penalty Box!
Need Chain armor?
http://www.geocities.com/skracrusader2001/index.htm
Re: Title bug 06/18/2005 09:34 PM CDT

<<But only paladins should be able to call yer bluff...>>

you are. you're the only ones that get some sort of in-game benefit for accusing someone you catch in your pockets to the town guards.

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Title bug 06/18/2005 11:25 PM CDT
>So there is a double standard here

There was as soon as a certain person started posting in the thread. The bias is more than obvious.

Personally, I don't care about the heretic title, however, I do agree that if there is in fact a soulstate requirement, then it should be for those who have tools to manage thier soulstate.

In other words, I'm sure we can all agree that every character has a soulstate. If your soul is simply affected by conditions, and you have no way of measuring, increasing, or decreasing that soulstate .. you really shouldn't vie for soul based titles.

Paladins obviously have those tools. I'd throw Clerical devotion into soulstate simply because the methods are similar. Of the other guilds I've played .. I don't think they fit into the intended mold -- which is quite apparently different from some players interpretation.

I see the dead horse stick is active in full force.
Re: Title bug 06/18/2005 11:30 PM CDT
Adding to my last, with a suggestion, or perhaps an idea.

There are differing ways for most guilds to "lose" something .. Is the Heretic title perhaps allowed in all guilds if they have lost thier "soul".

Thieves confidence, or reputation can get shot. Rangers lose thier wilderness bonus under certain conditions. Empaths get shock. Those make sense to me as examples of when the Heretic title might be available.

Just a late nite, drunken thought.
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 12:35 AM CDT
1) Thieves have been able to use Paladin titles since we could fake the guild.

2) Thieves can still use Paladin titles if we're faking the Paladin guild.

3) Heretic is a Paladin-only title.

4) Anytime there is a requirement for a title that a Thief cannot have access to (e.g. Targeted magic, astrology, Scouting, etc) there is a suitable exchange made for said skill with a skill Thieves can train.

I honestly don't understand people's aversion to Thieves wearing Heretic. Is it because the title is really cool? Because if that's the case, we also have access to cool titles like Stargazer, Arcane Sureshot, Knight Templar, Life Giver, Crusader, etc.) Why is the Heretic title any different?

As I already said in a previous post, it would be easier to Thieves to pretend to be a Heretic than it would be for them to pretend to be an upright and righteous Paladin. But you're arguing that because a Thief can't prove his soul is black that he should be eligble for a title that is based in a Paladin stealing, mugging, and murdering?

I guess you people aren't explaining your problem well enough, or I'm too dense and I don't understand.
If I'm arguing a point that you guys aren't arguing, I'm sorry, I just don't understand the controversy.

There's an OOC reason to have the title (We have access to all the guild's titles we fake) and an IC reason (Our souls are as black as night, and we have indepth knowledge of stealing),

I haven't heard any other reasoning as opposed to why this title wouldn't be opened up to us other than... Thieves can't blacken their soul. Just think about that for a moment. We can't blacken our soul? If that's true, it's only because we've reached a shade of ebony that won't darken anymore
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 02:11 AM CDT
>1) Thieves have been able to use Paladin titles since we could fake the guild.

Yes, Thieves HAD the ability to choose any of the pretend guild's titles. Now that the new skill based system has been released, Thieves have to earn titles just like everyone else and fullfill all the requirements. If Thieves are able to get the Heretic title then it might as well be available to ALL non-holy guilds that dont have an active soul state. This would be the same as another guild getting the Assasin title without having any knowledege of backstab or a 'War' mage having access to a Barbarian title that had an inner fire requirement.
Personally, if you really want to be a Heretic so badly then you should have zero in town bonus, a completely tanked reputation, the inability to gain confidence, no use of any type stealh maneuvers (snipe, ambush, backstab), and loss of all khri to actually gain the title to even be remotely as penalized as the Paladins who have earned the title. I think if a Thief wants the title so badly then they should be so penalized as to not even be able to twirl a lockpick.

PS. I dont think anyone wearing the Heretic title should be able to get favors, or is this already true?
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 02:17 AM CDT
>>Now that the new skill based system has been released, Thieves have to earn titles just like everyone else and fullfill all the requirements

That's not true. It's a guild-only title, and therefore falls under a different set of requirements for thieves. Thieves getting guild-only titles is a Thief guild ability. That's like saying if Barbarians can dance based off inner fire, Thieves should be able to dance off of confidence, or Paladins off of soul.

>>If Thieves are able to get the Heretic title then it might as well be available to ALL non-holy guilds that dont have an active soul state

It's a Paladin-only title.

>>if you really want to be a Heretic so badly

I don't really like the title at all.
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 02:56 AM CDT
>That's not true. It's a guild-only title, and therefore falls under a different set of requirements for thieves.

Just because you have the ability to pretend to be another guild should not give you access to every single title of that guild, especially one related to something as guild centric as soulstate. What do you actually think the Thieve's requirements should be to equate to a blackened soul state? Backstab? Lockpicking? There is no Thief equivalent to justify EARNing the title. If Heretic was just any other title, then sure, Thieves should have access to it, but you want the title without any of the negative consequences.

>It's a Paladin-only title.

And should stay that way.

>I don't really like the title at all.

So you are here to argue for something you dont even want? Do you go to any restaurants and order all the food you DONT want or do you ask for what you do want? Just curious.
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 03:14 AM CDT
>>Just because you have the ability to pretend to be another guild should not give you access to every single title of that guild

Opinion. And also one that apparantly isn't shared by the current design team. If and when that changes, so be it, but I haven't heard a single convincing argument to necessitate the change.

>>What do you actually think the Thief's requirements should be to equate to a blackened soul state?

A blackened soul. I'm arguing that thieves have black souls already.

>> Thieves should have access to it, but you want the title without any of the negative consequences.

It makes no sense why a thief should HAVE negative consequences for wearing the title. Thief abilities and circling capabilites are not based upon soul, therefore having a bad soul (which Thieves inherently do) would do nothing for them.

>>And should stay that way.

It IS. As much as War Chief is for barbs, Stargazer is for Moonies, Maestro is for bards, Intercessor for Clerics.

>>So you are here to argue for something you dont even want? Do you go to any restaurants and order all the food you DONT want or do you ask for what you do want? Just curious.

Very bad analogy. I'm not asking for something. I'm arguing it's existance. I don't like that I have to pay taxes, but there's a very good reason I do.

-Wighten

P.S. You do know that thieves can currenly wear it right? It sounds like you think I'm lobbying for it's admission.
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 05:07 AM CDT

<<There is no Thief equivalent to justify EARNing the title.>>

and theres no paladin equivalent to what happens to a thief from their own guild when their reputation is blown. At least a Heretic only gets a scowl from Darius and can't circle until they take steps to restore their soulstate. <which isn't THAT hard, I did a bunch of stealing with a paladin over in the Test Instance to see how long it took. > A Thief gets KILLED by their guild, not only can't circle, with a bad rep.

But, as said so eloquently, our souls are as black as night. A thief more than anyone who is faking Paladin guild should be able to fake a Heretic MUCH easier than faking a Holy Warrior. <and that one is an option too. >

---

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 06:56 AM CDT
<<and theres no paladin equivalent to what happens to a thief from their own guild when their reputation is blown. At least a Heretic only gets a scowl from Darius and can't circle until they take steps to restore their soulstate. <which isn't THAT hard, I did a bunch of stealing with a paladin over in the Test Instance to see how long it took. > A Thief gets KILLED by their guild, not only can't circle, with a bad rep.>>

And this has absolutely nothing to do with the arguments. It's the same as saying "We should have the title, because we are worse off than you". Another brilliant post Gonif.

--Just a "clueless" Squire

Now I lay me down to sleep;
I pray Solomon my soul to keep.
If I should walk before I wake;
I pray that Simutronics a restore will make.
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 07:46 AM CDT
no, you were stating that you should be the only ones that get the title because you get penalized in order to get it, and stating you are the only ones so penalized. I am bringing out the facts that you are NOT the only ones penalized.

At any rate, I think that Simu has done a great job with the titles, and I like what they've done with "Heretic".

---

Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 07:57 AM CDT
<<no, you were stating that you should be the only ones that get the title because you get penalized in order to get it, and stating you are the only ones so penalized. I am bringing out the facts that you are NOT the only ones penalized.>>

First, I stated nothing thus far. Second, it's not an equal comparison, souls are not the same as your reputation, etc. If it was just about "losing" some innate ability then Rangers should get the title for losing their Rangerly bonus or Moon Mages should get it for losing their prediction ability.

Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 08:01 AM CDT
actually, theres been suggestions made on the ranger boards for titles for rangers that have lost bonus. :-)

have a good day.

---

Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 08:08 AM CDT
<<actually, theres been suggestions made on the ranger boards for titles for rangers that have lost bonus. :-)>>

And that's great. But it won't be the heretic title as they are not heretics.

Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 10:24 AM CDT
This debate brings to mind the main problem I have with guild disguises.. the fact that there is absolutely no way to enforce that they are roleplayed with even minimal effort.

New system:

Give thieves guild titles at first, and after a long enough time access to guild shops and other perks. No, I'm not suggesting a D&D style dual class (thief/mage!), but make the benefits good enough to be worth staying in character for.

Temper this system with the ability of guild members to accuse their "fellow" guild members of being imposters. Go to one of your guild leaders and say "accuse <name> imposter".

If you are right, the guild leader gives you a pat on the head and a soul boost/devotion/some minor guild reward. The next time the imposter walks in front of a guild guard, they are roughed up and thrown out. They are then free to re-choose their pretend guild, but probably put a timer on the one they were just thrown out of (to prevent our souls from becoming too pristine).

If you falsly accuse someone, you lose your ability to accuse people as being imposters for a LONG time. In addition (but for a lesser time), you lose guild abilities, ability to circle, are forced to wear the title "Snitch" or "Squealer", and the guildleader calls you "a very bad person". The punishment must be much greater than the reward, to keep people from accusing everyone they don't recognize on sight.

This would both give thieves something tangible as a reward, and keep us from having to suffer the "look at me, I'm a backstabbin' pallie" people.

In response to the Heretic title debate... why not just put a positive soul requirement on all the OTHER paladin titles? I know that would mean a lot of hard work for thieves in the soul department (and granted, getting a thief to work hard is inherently laughable... or they wouldn't be thieves to begin with ;) but it would really be earning the title.

And I guess we'd have give them a pass on the whole "repent until your stealing ranks pulse slowly down to 0" thing.
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 10:40 AM CDT
My last 2 thoughts, considering how dense this thread has gotten.

1) According to the dictionary,
her?e?tic "heretic" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hr-tk)
n.
A person who holds controversial opinions, especially one who publicly dissents from the officially accepted dogma of the Roman Catholic Church.

Doesn't fit in DR to begin with. Unless you only consider the first sentance. I'm fine with that.

2) It was stated that necro's displaying thier titles in town (or was it out? -- been a while) would provide auto consent... It is my opinion that a Paladin, or fake Paladin wearing the title should provide consent as well.

Wear it with caution. As you would obviously be publicly stating your wish to RP a meaniehead, and subject to other that chose the path of light, duty, and honor -- Just like the guild is designed and intended.

Disclaimer: Yes, I'm not that great big shining example of how to play the (Paladin) guild, but I take my lumps and move on when my character meets untoward effects of my RP style.
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 10:58 AM CDT
<<A person who holds controversial opinions, especially one who publicly dissents from the officially accepted dogma of the Roman Catholic Church.
>>

I was thinking of going this route with the argument and posting the definition, however there are 2 potential flaws in this tactic I thought about which prompted me to not post the definition.

First, an alternate definition is: 2: a person who holds unorthodox opinions in any field (not merely religion). Gonif, I am sure, would argue that a thief without their theifly bonus would be someone who holds unorthodox opinions about what it is to be a thief and therefore qualifies for the heretic title. Second, a definition is fine, however it does not really make sense in relation to thief title theft, as they don't fall under the definition of most Paladin titles.

Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 12:49 PM CDT
<<and theres no paladin equivalent to what happens to a thief from their own guild when their reputation is blown.>>

You are completely wrong.

With a bad soulstate, paladins cannot:

o Get into any paladin guild

o Go through any soulstone arch

o Circle

o Use glyphs

o Use abilities

How is this not WORSE than thieves without a bonus? How can you even compare loss of bonus to basic worse than commoner status?

You are an idiot. Sometimes you really outdo yourself. Bravo.

Oh, and by the way, I worked at getting my soul back for eight months now. No go.

Also, it takes over 100 attempts at stealing from a pristine soul to be able to gain the heretic title. If you would, please get your slave paladin and show me how easy it is to bring your soul back from that.

Or, you can just be a thief, right?

Durr.
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 12:55 PM CDT
With bad reputation a Thief cannot

Use guild passages

Circle

Get new abilities

Get killed whenever trying to enter passages or guild

Can't use some abilities

Yep, you're right, they're not the same at all.

The big difference is you have a way to recharge your soul. There are people who haven't been able to enter the guild for 2 years now.

This thread just became quibbling, but I thought I would call you out on that one. Otherwise I'm done with it.

-Wighten
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 04:29 PM CDT
I got it...

Let em have Heretic title, because theives have inherently black souls anyhow. Let em use their abilities.

Now if a thief wanted to use a paladin title that needed a 'good' soul they should not be allowed to use it unless they give up all 'bad' abilities.
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 05:17 PM CDT
>With bad reputation a Thief cannot: Blah blah blah

Only in the one province in which thier reputation is tanked.

Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a Sword.

Oscar Wilde
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 07:59 PM CDT
Just so I understand, you want to complain about a role-play related aspect of the game (title) and when you're wearing said title (Heretic) you have to be a "heretic?"

Furthermore, complaining about something that prior to release didn't even exist? We should not neglect the fact you're griping about 1 out of hundreds of titles?

I beg to ask... what is the point in wearing "the Heretic title" if you are not a Heretic? Are you then a "Not so Heretic, Heretic"?

Sounds like this is more about looking cool or arguing for the sake of arguing than it is on the principle of the matter.

-Ssra

The ultimate in reasoning is to come to the realization that there are still an infinite number of things that are unreasonable. -Blaise Pascal
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 08:09 PM CDT
<<Sounds like this is more about looking cool or arguing for the sake of arguing than it is on the principle of the matter.>>

Not at all dear. Thieves are allowed to wear fake titles, that is a fact. For titles that require some sort of skill they cannot gain they have to have some other skill take its place (which first and foremost is rediculous, because I don't see how having stealing or whatever would make-up for the lack of magic, but I digress). Heretic, a Paladin title, can only be used if said Paladin tanks his soul (a measurable trait). Theieves on the other hand have no such requirement for the title. They don't have to "lose" anthing for it. For them to be able to use the title they should have to substitute the loss of soul for something else in order to keep fake-titles on the same playing field (even though on principle I still think substituting one skill for another is stupid).

Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 08:28 PM CDT
<<Thieves are allowed to wear fake titles, that is a fact.>>

Thank you!

Heretic ......

.... so if a Paladin is wearing the title it's real. So that Paladin is really a Heretic? Forsaken the soul, power, juice, mojo, etc. (whatever you want to call it)....

.... if a Thief is wearing it, it's fake. They never were a Paladin to begin with. So by this methodology, taking the thieves ability to backstab away from them while they wear the Heretic title makes the Thief more like a real Paladin. However, isn't the point to pretend? What makes the thief more or less a Paladin, technically? Nothing.

So it's apples and oranges?

Ok, so it's really more about "being fair" but I must beg to differ on that point for the above stated reasons -- by looking at the definition of the word FAKE you made my point. ;)

-Ssra

[Don't take me too seriously, it's all in jest.]

The ultimate in reasoning is to come to the realization that there are still an infinite number of things that are unreasonable. -Blaise Pascal
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 08:38 PM CDT
what Ssra said is exactly correct.

Additional IN-game support:

<<she tells you, "when he was a youngster in the Paladin Guild in some flea-ridden backwater village, his tongue was cut and he was expelled for heresy. He is somewhat of a mystic and a follower of Botolf.....">>

this is part of what one of the Thief Guildleaders tells you about her husband.

---

Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 09:04 PM CDT
<< [Don't take me too seriously, it's all in jest.]>>

Never have, but I digress?

The issue is that without making things level across all cases the designers of systems simply open up loopholes that allow for useless arguments and posts on the behalf of those who pick-up on said loopholes. In this case a few cognizant Paladins (which is in and of itself a stretch) have realized the lopsidedness of this issue and called the title gods on it. Personally Ssra, I think you just posted on this because you miss being the center of such attention for we Paladins ;)

Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 09:19 PM CDT
>.... if a Thief is wearing it, it's fake. They never were a Paladin to begin with. So by this methodology, taking the thieves ability to backstab away from them while they wear the Heretic title makes the Thief more like a real Paladin. However, isn't the point to pretend? What makes the thief more or less a Paladin, technically? Nothing

Isnt the point of having a Skill based title system is to be earned by having the neccessary skills/requirements of said skills or is that to be overlooked for pretend titles?

Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a Sword.

Oscar Wilde
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 10:11 PM CDT
<<Isnt the point of having a Skill based title system is to be earned by having the neccessary skills/requirements of said skills or is that to be overlooked for pretend titles?>>

Yes, to the second part. Part of this is understandable, because there is no practical way for thieves to train up that much magic in the case of the magic primary guilds. However, in the case of paladin titles, thieves aren't required the full amount of armor ranks. Why? Simply because they are armor tertiary. I think hiding is substituted into the equation to compensate.

While this armor skill equivalent of affirmative action makes it easier for thieves to get titles that aren't theirs, I think it cheapens the idea of skill-based titles. The justification given for this crutch I think stems from thief guild armor reqs being lower or some garbage. Sounds good on paper, but in reality your tert skills are always much higher than guild reqs because otherwise they would be at an unusably low level.

~Caneghem Urathi
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 10:25 PM CDT
<<Yes, to the second part. Part of this is understandable, because there is no practical way for thieves to train up that much magic in the case of the magic primary guilds. However, in the case of paladin titles, thieves aren't required the full amount of armor ranks. Why? Simply because they are armor tertiary. I think hiding is substituted into the equation to compensate.>>

This is what bothers me. How is it that hiding skill makes up for a lack of armor skill? From an IC perspective are the skills really so interchangeable? Would a real Paladin be able to have said title if they had the hiding skill but not the armor skill for that title? Why not?

Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 10:26 PM CDT

<<Isnt the point of having a Skill based title system is to be earned by having the neccessary skills/requirements of said skills or is that to be overlooked for pretend titles>>

its overlooked for those.Same as if a thief fakes WM they can be a mana channeler - without being able to use mana-, a master summoner - without being able to summon even a small familiar , or a Wind Caster - without haveing any spells from the Wind Manipulation book. Thats the meaning of Pretend, or Fake. :-) they aren't things that Thieves can really do. Pulling it off means the Thief has to be really good at the art of deception, fraud, or... doing what the Thief does as a matter of course.

---

Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 10:48 PM CDT
As to the Heretic title.. just another example of the guild disguise system being used as an OOC way to harass the guild in question or as simply a way to get another guild's "cool sounding title". Neither of these enhance RP. Consider... about 99 percent of the people who qualify for "Heretic" are non-paladins. So how does taking this title help keep up appearances?

Doesn't bother me all that much, but does sort highlight a "purely RP system" that needs some revision.

Problem I see with this title..

Heretic Joe-Bob walks in.

Religious Zealot (should be a title) Jim smites Joe-Bob on sight! Down with the heretics!

Joe-Bob departs.

Heretic Joe-Bob walks in.

You hear Joe-Bob from the shadows say, "You can't do that to me"

Jim says, "huh?"

*Jim was just struck down!

The ghostly voice of Jim says, "Well, now we all know Joe-Bob is no paladin"

You hear Joe-Bob from the shadows say, "What can you do about it?"

While your knee-jerk is to say, "gee, Jim had it coming", this reaction stems from the nonexistance of RP with regards to the disguise system. Joe-Bob very well could have worn a title other than heretic, but was likely looking to pick a fight he could easily win. Jim was angry that Joe-Bob could wear the title, because he cares about such things (and also realized Joe-Bob wasn't one of the few paladins who actually qualified for the title, so was obviously a thief). The fact that Joe-Bob had absolutely nothing to lose (not even his play titles) left him with the obvious choice of throwing away his disguise completely and seeing to his bruised ego.

~Caneghem Urathi
Re: Title bug 06/19/2005 11:20 PM CDT
I can't possibly believe that anyone in the world would think thieves shouldn't have access to just about the single most sensible fake title for them to have in the entire game.

Ridiculous.

-Teeklin
Re: Title bug 06/20/2005 01:40 AM CDT
A few facts as I see them:

We've gone from 25/26 titles (the gals have one more) to I believe Solomon said 76. And those are just the Guild-only ones. From what I can see of other guilds, Paladins have had the most extensive title work up of all the guilds.

A Thief ability is to be able to fake other guild titles, specifically.. ONE guild (I'm assuming this will be locked down again now SimuCon is over).

Since the release of the new titles it has been interesting to watch thieves and guild titles. Quite a few are just going with titles available to everyone, while others are latching onto the fact they can wear (what were thief guild titles) criminal titles out in the open now. Those folks I have seen (and I have been playing my thief mainly since the release) that are faking other guilds have been doing so admirably, and IC.

Where as the Paladin guild gained 50 titles, the Thieves Guild lost just about every title they had (some very cool titles as well - far FAR cooler than 'Heretic'). Everyone can get theirs now. I think it's MORE than fair that the titles they have access to via the fake title system have replacement stats for those they otherwise cannot learn (mainly magic skills).

I realise the main gripe is that Paladin's have to lose their soul for the title Heretic, while Thieves don't lose such a thing. Well. You're all acting as if this is going to be the most popular title ever and that tomorrow every Paladin will be wearing it because it's that cool a title, so you must protect it by being bolchy about ONE requirement. Let the thieves use it. If you catch a thief wearing it due to their bad roleplay then you can always gripe about it on the boards. That's not YOUR problem, it's theirs.

We have the most to be thankful for. I don't see any other guild moaning and whinning about a title, never mind a title that a massively small percentage of our guild will even consider trying to wear. Instead, they're going to that little folder down the bottom of each guild section and suggesting more. So why don't you go do that, and also add "Paladin-only, not even thief pretend" as a requirement, or suggest requirements that'd be so obvious no self respecting roleplayer would even dream of choosing it.

The Paladin Guild is one of the hardest guild to pretend to be as a thief. There's no secret why most pretend to be barbarians, rangers, bards or traders. Any thief that takes on the challenge of pretending to be a Paladin, in my view, deserves to be able to pretend to be a dark Paladin just like you all want the ability to play dark Paladins and still be allowed to circle through other darkie means (like an alternative guild leader).

~Kesrel, a Paladin Primary player and always will be.
Re: Title bug 06/20/2005 05:40 AM CDT
>>There's no secret why most pretend to be barbarians, rangers, bards or traders.<<

Barbarians- Because they had cool titles that Thiefs thought would be cool on them.

Rangers- Cool titles

Traders-Could occussionly scam people out of gem pouchs.

Nobody wants to pretend to be a Paladin we just happen to now have one of the cool titles.
Re: Title bug 06/20/2005 06:50 AM CDT
for more than just the titles.

most thieves that do fake paladins don't take the time to train shield/hp, magic etc back when that was teachable by nmus. I did when I used to "fake" that guild.

but it Is alot easier to fake a guild that also hides in combat, snipes, wears leather, etc.

even if it does mean getting lost.

ranga schvartz

---

Re: Title bug 06/20/2005 07:04 AM CDT
>but it Is alot easier to fake a guild that also hides in combat, snipes, wears leather, etc

Much much easier.

I don't think any Thief faking the Paladin guild did it for titles. As I said before, the Heretic title doesn't bother me -- and after reading some folks thoughts, it kind of makes sense that non-paladins can use it.

I still think, however, its a blatant in your face insult to non-hereticky people, and should be treated IC as such. If we are to stretch our imaginations to assume titles are a RP tool in the first place, then surely accepting the RP that goes along with that is a much lesser jump, no?
Re: Title bug 06/20/2005 07:06 AM CDT
<<Well. You're all acting as if this is going to be the most popular title ever and that tomorrow every Paladin will be wearing it because it's that cool a title, so you must protect it by being bolchy about ONE requirement.>>

To me, the heretic title is an example of the issue, not the issue itself. If there are special requirements that allow theives to fake title, fine theres nothing that I can do about the ridiculous idea that knowing hiding somehow gives the theif enough knowledge to fake armor abilities. However, make it even across the board, put a requirement that mimics the true title abilities on ALL titles. This case is just an instance of getting something for nothing, when they should have to give up something for access to the title.

Prev_page Previous 1