Rite of Forbearance - Scaling 07/25/2020 11:13 AM CDT
From the release post:
>>Cyclic spell with two effects that grow substantially more powerful the more forbidden spells you know.

By my count there are (currently) 15 forbidden spells, costing a total of 34 spell slots.

A couple questions on how ROF scales:

(1) There's a lot to unpack in the phrase “grow[s] substantially more powerful”. Any chance someone could expand/explain how this works? Could we get an example with fake numbers, maybe?

- How big of a difference are we talking about when you know a couple forbidden spells versus all of them? Is this a linear progression? Exponential?
- Do the benefits cap somewhere, or will it continue to improve as more and more spells are learned?

Any kind of data points would be appreciated.

(2) To confirm, this scaling is based solely on the raw number of banned spells known? Their spell slot cost is irrelevant? Chirurgia (1 slot) and Calcified Hide (4 slots) have the same weight in the calculation?

Rite of Forbearance is a very different kind of spell than what we're used to.

-I
Re: Rite of Forbearance - Scaling 07/25/2020 12:42 PM CDT
>>How big of a difference are we talking about when you know a couple forbidden spells versus all of them? Is this a linear progression? Exponential?

Linear. Otherwise, PAFO. (Take that, Koror!)

>>Do the benefits cap somewhere, or will it continue to improve as more and more spells are learned?

Capped at 15.

>>To confirm, this scaling is based solely on the raw number of banned spells known? Their spell slot cost is irrelevant? Chirurgia (1 slot) and Calcified Hide (4 slots) have the same weight in the calculation?

Correct.

>>Rite of Forbearance is a very different kind of spell than what we're used to.

The best kind!

GM Grejuva
Re: Rite of Forbearance - Scaling 07/25/2020 01:06 PM CDT
Thanks, Grejuva! Less so for the PAFO part. =)

No worries. The hive mind will figure this out, I'm sure. Testing Redemption-related things is hard to do on the player side.

- I