Rite of Contrition question 11/29/2019 05:17 AM CST

I have been trying to figure this spell out before getting it, and have a few things I would like help clarifying. I see a lot of posts about nerve damage and such from held mana, and a lot of different pros/cons.... but all the posts I can find are from like years ago. The biggest thing I am wondering about is, does the raw channeling feat work for it? That would seem like the easiest way to go just cast it and let it run from your attunement instead of messing around with holding mana. Also, is there currently any real benefit to this spell other then just instantly washing off visible SO spells?
Re: Rite of Contrition question 11/29/2019 10:30 AM CST
Yes, raw channeling works for RoC. I highly recommend raw channeling for any and all cyclic spells.

>>Also, is there currently any real benefit to this spell other then just instantly washing off visible SO spells?

Yes. Rite of Contrition masks your DO from being perceived by certain guilds and roughly doubles the amount of time that a forsaken necromancer can remain visible in a justice area before they run into trouble with the law.

I personally recommend that any new necromancer get RoC and ignore RoG/Liturgy until later on, if ever. I've never felt that I needed more than RoC+EOTB for managing my transcendental spells in and out of justice areas, but your needs may differ.
Re: Rite of Contrition question 11/29/2019 04:41 PM CST

Thank you, sounds great! That's what I was hoping, but with so many people harumphing about holding mana I convinced myself there wad some secret reason it wouldn't work.