Blood Burst - useful? 06/11/2018 03:42 PM CDT
Has anyone found a good niche for Blood Burst?

I was interested in the spell for thematic reasons, as well as the balance debuff. However, casting at cap drains 16% (7% with perform cut) of my vitality (over 100 in stamina/disc) for a rather minor hit to my opponent's balance. I didn't test it out with a bleeding wound, but for various reasons that doesn't seem that practical in the long term. Since vitality is so important in avoiding wounds in the first place, I'm just wondering if anyone finds this spell useful in a way I haven't considered? It doesn't seem to perform significantly differently from Acid Splash, which has no drawbacks.

Side note: does Siphon Vitality cause Divine Outrage?

Thanks,
Re: Blood Burst - useful? 06/11/2018 05:44 PM CDT
>>Has anyone found a good niche for Blood Burst?

I like using it as a heavy hit on something already off-balance and/or stunned and/or immobilized, to knock them over without having to re-advance like I would with shove.

>>Side note: does Siphon Vitality cause Divine Outrage?

AFAIK, the only non-animation/transcendental spell "nasty enough" to cause DO was BLB, and even that doesn't cause DO anymore (right?).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Blood Burst - useful? 06/11/2018 08:42 PM CDT
>>Side note: does Siphon Vitality cause Divine Outrage?

>AFAIK, the only non-animation/transcendental spell "nasty enough" to cause DO was BLB, and even that doesn't cause DO anymore (right?).

Ok, that's useful to know, thanks. The Elanthipedia page on DO (https://elanthipedia.play.net/Outrage#Divine_Outrage) is a big vague with "nasty spells", so I wasn't sure. Stealing the life-force of an enemy seems nasty to me but if the gods tacitly support it then OK!