Blood Burst 05/24/2017 01:33 AM CDT
Does anyone use this spell? Could you share some info on it?

Is this a pulsing single-target spell like Mark of Arhat? Do you find it useful? The bleeding and/or vitality hit aspect has put me off in the past, but I'm curious now. Thanks,
Re: Blood Burst 05/24/2017 07:51 AM CDT

BlB is actually the only spell of ours I dont know. Unless it was updated, it is simply a multi-shot TM spell that requires you either be bleeding (wounded, PERF CUT will not work) or give up a small amount of vitality with each cast. Not worth it.
Re: Blood Burst 05/24/2017 07:57 AM CDT
It's not a true multishot spell either, like say fire shards. It behaves like a traditional single hit tm spell with 'collateral damage' which seems to be a weaker hit to a random secondary location.
Re: Blood Burst 05/24/2017 08:17 AM CDT
I would pick it over several other spells in the Necro arsenal.

ACS and USOL are more general hunting/scripting spells, but BLB seems to be (from what I can tell) the highest base damage template per mana that Necros have, barring a high stealth bonus from Vivisection. The vitality cost is meager and easily worked around, it's just not a spray and pray spell like normal TM spells.

Necros only have five target spells anyways. ACS/USOL are your standard arrows, Viv is the poisoned assassin's dart, SV is the specialty arrow, and BLB is the cannon ball. They all have their place IMO.
Re: Blood Burst 05/24/2017 08:55 AM CDT
I'd totally use BLB if the cut ritual counted. As it stands, having an untended bleeder is too big of a risk.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Blood Burst 05/24/2017 12:14 PM CDT

>It's not a true multishot spell either, like say fire shards. It behaves like a traditional single hit tm spell with 'collateral damage' which seems to be a weaker hit to a random secondary location.

Ah, yeah, I think I was remembering it incorrectly. So, it's a less effective AoE than USOL, basically.

>ACS and USOL are more general hunting/scripting spells, but BLB seems to be (from what I can tell) the highest base damage template per mana that Necros have, barring a high stealth bonus from Vivisection. The vitality cost is meager and easily worked around, it's just not a spray and pray spell like normal TM spells.

I haven't done any testing, but afaik, it's not on any special template? It hits whatever is engaged, sort of, maybe following Fire Ball logic, but only hitting each target once?

>Necros only have five target spells anyways. ACS/USOL are your standard arrows, Viv is the poisoned assassin's dart, SV is the specialty arrow, and BLB is the cannon ball. They all have their place IMO.

ACS and USOL are not 'standard arrows'. ACS is your standard TM. USOL is your cycle aoe. I'd say Vivi is our heaviest hitter given the stealth buff, and SV is useful in a few circumstances. I would not call BLB a cannonball, but like I said, I haven't done any testing with hit.

My recollection was other than the messaging (which is fantastic), the spell was simply replaced by USOL as a TM trainer and corpse producer, and the vitality cost, though minimal, meant no spamming.
Re: Blood Burst 05/24/2017 12:19 PM CDT
BLB is in a bad spot right now. The cost for casting (Vit damage or bleeder) is high while the damage is too similar to the rest of our TM spells. Unless its just a Plat thing, BLB is discerning as having a mana cap of 100 so it doesnt look like the spell received any tweaks from the 3.2 magic round.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Blood Burst 05/24/2017 01:58 PM CDT
>>Ah, yeah, I think I was remembering it incorrectly. So, it's a less effective AoE than USOL, basically.

Not AoE either, I meant it hits a secondary location on the same target.
Re: Blood Burst 06/08/2017 10:30 AM CDT
Thanks everyone. Sounds like it might be fun to play with, but spells slots are at a premium.