Vivisection 09/02/2016 02:37 PM CDT
Hey there, so I'm not entirely certain what im doing wrong here. Whenever i try to cast vivisection, even at lowest mana, i wait until the target is fully completed, but when i cast i get a message "Currently lacking the skill to complete this pattern, the spell fails" Or something like that. Looking at the spell it looks like 250 is needed to cast this, im just shy of 300 primary magic and a touch under 200 in TM...is this simply a matter of needing more skill in those?
Re: Vivisection 09/02/2016 03:16 PM CDT
Simply put, you need more TM and or the Targeted Mastery feat. You're VERY close though.

Samsaren
Re: Vivisection 09/02/2016 03:24 PM CDT

My guess is you are still a bit shy of the ability to cast it easily. Probably close enough to make it cast some of the time, but I wouldn't expect to have high success rate until you get closer to 250 TM skill. Since most references I have seen say the primary magic to skill adjustment is around 60/40 in favor of the specific magic you just don't have enough of either to make casting reliable yet.

Also, you might try getting Targeted Mastery feat as well as that will give you a boost in TM.
Re: Vivisection 09/02/2016 04:45 PM CDT

Get yourself the targeted mastery and that should put you over the edge to be able to cast it. otherwise, work that TM
Re: Vivisection 09/09/2016 10:46 AM CDT
I was in that situation recently but Ivory Mask bumped me over. It's a prereq to several spells so you may as well get it if you haven't.

The 20 mana minimum cast means that if you're straining yourself to get there it remains a cool spell but not very efficient for training, though.
Re: Vivisection 09/09/2016 01:27 PM CDT

Yeah, VIVI is not a training tool for younger Necromancers.
Re: Vivisection 09/09/2016 07:59 PM CDT

I didn't get vivisection I know until at least circle 60 I believe. I'd be more worried about why you only have 200 TM and maybe try and fix that. I still use SV and it works hella good. Vivi is pretty much if you wanna murderlate someone by sniping them, but that's just me.

Zehira
Re: Vivisection 09/10/2016 12:32 AM CDT

ProTip: Vivi is awesome for teaching stealth past the point where a critter stops teaching. It's just like thieves and rangers using snipe, cast vivi while hidden and you can lock stealths when otherwise the creature wouldn't ever get it past 1/34.
Re: Vivisection 09/10/2016 01:29 AM CDT

Yeah, VIVI is my primary TM and Stealth trainer. It's an expensive spell to cast to be sure, but pretty powerful, and that Thanatology/Stealth bonus to hit makes it a great go to when stepping up the ladder.
Re: Vivisection 09/10/2016 08:07 AM CDT

Not saying it's not a powerful spell. I do use it if my stealth starts slowing down where I am hunting while I cap out other things. Just saying if he can't cast it SV is a good option because it works really well.