USOL curiousness 04/12/2016 12:38 PM CDT
Was riding a ferry and was playing around with USOL, discerning after each pulse and got curious about that. The damage types that show up via discern, are those for the previous pulse or for the upcoming pulse? Not that it really matters, just curious is all. Also, always assumed it did damage as one elemental and one physical, appears it can double up on physical, which I found interesting.

>Alternating waves of hot and cold swirl through the area in abnormal patterns as greenish acid falls in a horizontal rain all around you!
"...This spell does electricity and impact damage..."

>The hiss of bile-green droplets drowns out nearly all other sound as acidic showers erupting from around you soak everything in sizzling wetness!
"...This spell does cold and puncture damage..."

>A torrent of sizzling, bile-green acid sprays outward from you!
"...This spell does puncture and slice damage..."
Re: USOL curiousness 04/12/2016 12:50 PM CDT
>>The damage types that show up via discern, are those for the previous pulse or for the upcoming pulse?

My understanding is that they're totally unrelated. The damage done when a "pulse" happens is 100% randomized, as is the damage shown when using discern.

You might be able to make some assumptions on the messaging and how some critter resistances work, but it's not like they happen in a specific order.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: USOL curiousness 04/12/2016 02:53 PM CDT
Discern is not going to be useful with this spell (Or ACS).

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things