Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Necromancer Spells: Your top and bottom spells? 04/14/2016 06:53 PM CDT
From a very novice perspective...

#1 Consume flesh , without a doubt. This was mostly my own fault initially for having tons of SO, I couldn't enter the Empath guild. Even now it saves money and time.

Other than that Eyes/Ob/and SV are my favorite.

I'd like to second for PV to have a area effect at higher levels, I want to love this spell for some reason. Or the knock down others suggested as well/also. And BLB looks awesome to me, I can't wait for heavy TM. Also can I chain cast it now or does it still cause DO?

...and I still don't get the rite that hides magic. So you hide your aura, look like you have favors... but can still be percieved? If so what's the point? Is this effective even after you're forsaken to the nth degree?

I can literally ask questions all day, thanks for the advice in advance.
Re: Necromancer Spells: Your top and bottom spells? 04/14/2016 06:56 PM CDT
<We have a ton of spells that are are only used in certain situations - and thats okay. But VoD as it currently stands is just useless... i dont know anyone that uses it or has it even.

The reason I think its useless is more of a stealth vs perception problem. If things were more inline I think it wouldn't be bad. As it stands now, if you cast this on somebody that can just see you, all they have to do is watch and not only negate the spell, but probably two times over. I don't think the spell was ever designed for normal everyday use.
Re: Necromancer Spells: Your top and bottom spells? 04/14/2016 07:11 PM CDT

What are the counters to watch? Not just for Necros but in general. It seems massively OP right now. Also has anyone encountered where you're successfully hidden but still take hits while in hidding? And stay hidden? I don't know if this was by design or a bug.
Re: Necromancer Spells: Your top and bottom spells? 04/14/2016 07:22 PM CDT
<What are the counters to watch?

Running away and waiting till its over. Or if your a thief which rely on stealth for things like backstabs / ambush you can use pulsing inviso to perform them.
Re: Necromancer Spells: Your top and bottom spells? 04/14/2016 08:30 PM CDT

>MO the gap between "can I hide on this" and "can I snipe this and stay hidden" is pretty larg

Eh, not so large. We also have ivm and bue to help with that. Vod could help of course but if I need a buff and debuff to hide. I probably can't hit them with them tm or Dodge, even with ivm and php. But who knows!
Re: Necromancer Spells: Your top and bottom spells? 04/14/2016 09:06 PM CDT
>>Eh, not so large. We also have ivm and bue to help with that.

I don't think IVM would improve snipe chances, would it? Maybe BUE, I'm not 100% certain how guild skills factor into sniping for any of the survivals.

That said, yeah, it's pretty large from my experiences.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Necromancer Spells: Your top and bottom spells? 04/14/2016 09:14 PM CDT
<<I don't think IVM would improve snipe chances, would it? Maybe BUE, I'm not 100% certain how guild skills factor into sniping for any of the survivals.

"Snipe uses Stealth, the appropriate weapon skill, and the guild-only skill (Backstab, Scouting, or Thanatology) as a modifier vs. the target's Perception and defenses."

IVM = weapon skill in this case.
Re: Necromancer Spells: Your top and bottom spells? 04/14/2016 09:15 PM CDT
And in case your next question is whether vivi and snipe use the same mechs:

"Vivisection now uses the same calculations as snipe, with Thanatology replacing Backstab/Scouting in the calculations. In addition, the spell is treated as the equivalent of a Hunter's Bow."
Re: Necromancer Spells: Your top and bottom spells? 04/14/2016 10:28 PM CDT
Neat.

Would still want to see VoD usable more in those situations, though.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page