WORM questions 01/04/2016 01:27 PM CST
Hey, I have some questions about Worm's Mist.

1. If cast NEAR, does it prevent self-buffs?
2. Does it prevent ALL of our debilitation stuff? If so, how do you train debilitation with this up?
3. Does anyone use this in PvE? If so, how?

Thanks!

An arisen raider zombie looks at you, strutting a bit. "Larder full... Maybe I let you live, you be nice pet."
Re: WORM questions 01/04/2016 01:59 PM CST
>1. If cast NEAR, does it prevent self-buffs?

Spells cast before you put up WORM will continue, any spell you cast when you already have NEAR WORM up will be subject to WORM dispelling it.

>2. Does it prevent ALL of our debilitation stuff? If so, how do you train debilitation with this up?

Yes, any spell you cast that goes through the barrier will get affected. If you cast FAR you can target Melee ranged creatures just fine.

>3. Does anyone use this in PvE? If so, how?

The general lack of magic using creatures in addition to the nullification of your casting abilities makes it less useful for PvE.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: WORM questions 01/04/2016 02:56 PM CST
Thanks. Sounds like worm's mist is mostly a pvp or oh-snap type of thing. Stinks that our only anti-magic ward is so useless for regular training.

So if I wanted to hunt seordmaor or malchata I'd be better off with LW? Does that work well?
Re: WORM questions 01/04/2016 03:54 PM CST
>>So if I wanted to hunt seordmaor or malchata I'd be better off with LW? Does that work well?

Yes, and Yes.

Speaking personally, I find Worms to be mostly PVP (if only because casting critters tend to blast you at melee, so you're giving up magic for their magic, use LW), though its rather handy for PVP purposes. Going AFTER Necros utilizing it well is teeth grinding anyways.

Samsaren
Re: WORM questions 01/04/2016 07:21 PM CST
I didn't ever find there to be a reason to use WORM in PvE. If a critter could hit me with magic, I couldn't hit it with my weapons.

In PvP though, oh ho ho ho. Eat it. The penalties for outgoing magics really suck, and it'd be nice if there was some other options (of which I have no reasonable suggestions), but remember, it's the uber-barrier for the uber-pet class. My favorite thing of all is to hide it under RoG and cackle maniacally as someone gets aggressive and fails.