1 3 Next Next_page
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 02:58 AM CST
>>Someone hasn't been following the visions very well.

Easier said than done if you dont happen to know a moon mage. Elanthipedia has most of them but it seems to be missing the important ones.
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 03:23 AM CST
It has enough to know who we're talking about here.

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 05:05 AM CST
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Necromancer_Guild_Visions

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!" ~ Leonardo da Vinci
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 05:26 AM CST
again, the majority of the visions on elanthepedia haven't appeared in plat. which is why i don't know who this person is. for instance, we haven't had most of the "old man" visions. we've had a few that you guys haven't had though. And my character there got a one-on-one conversation with Mr Book, which was very enlightening. And appreciated. And inspiring. this is gonna be a hell of a ride, folks. hang on for dear life... or death... :-)

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 06:33 AM CST
this vision, which names the Markat character in prime, was the only one we saw. And we saw it not as a MM vision, but as a global vision <all who were on-line in plat at the time saw it.

"Preserving the Philosophy"
You see Zamidren Book striding down a narrow, stone passage with grim purpose. He follows a track of dark red carpeting laid down the center of a polished marble floor, though for all the expense the walls around him manage to look closed in, bare and sterile.

Turning a corner, Zamidren faces a set of wide iron doors attended by Markat. The younger man nods in recognition and swings the doors open with dramatic force. He then faces into the room, bowing low and extending his arms wide. His lowered head does little to disguise the wide, sardonic grin across his face.

Inside, dozens of cloaked men stand in a rough semi-circle, interrupted by a man-sized obelisk that occupies the center of the room. Zamidren strides into a center position and stops. Seconds pass as Zamidren and the crowd stare at each other with restrained hostility.

Zamidren speaks, his voice loud and oratorical, "We are victims of unintended consequence. Lyras and her childish demons have brought the Temple to a head. We are being picked off one by one for the audacity of knowing of the Alchemy of Flesh. It is not so far fetched to assume that this room holds the majority of us that are still left alive. If we continue to do nothing, the philosophy dies with us! But there is another way"

there were a few subtle differences. We saw a "hooded figure". Not Markat.

We just saw this vision 2 days ago. We've had no "prequeal" to call them "philosophers" yet. So basically the "philosophy" stuff we're getting is from elanthepedia and over here. Not a complaint, just a difference, and an explanation for why we don't know who this personna is. hence my question.

:-)

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 08:18 AM CST
These are two different story lines. There are plat boards for that. That's like the Vorclaf thing. "Well he didn't die over there." It's all fine and dandy but these are two DIFFERENT instances.

L2Separate
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 08:31 AM CST
He's dead now, we hit him on the head and tossed him on the cart. He wasn't fooling anyone.

But yeah, let's see if we can avoid pushing and pulling lore artificially between instances. The meta of info from prime into plat has already been atrocious in some cases, it would be nice to keep that to a minimum for everyone.

I may see if I can wrangle some of the plat folks to work with me to get plat versions of stuff into appropriate pages on Elanthipedia... hmm...

We now return to your regularly scheduled Prime discussion.

- The Moose
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 08:36 AM CST
I concur!!!
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 08:41 AM CST
<<The meta of info from prime into plat has already been atrocious in some cases, it would be nice to keep that to a minimum for everyone.

Yeah I read the gonif conversation with Zamidren on the plat boards. It was reeking of meta-gaming innuendos from the prime events.

That's part of the reason I'm being so, for lack of a better word, intense about this.
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 08:49 AM CST
>Yeah I read the gonif conversation with Zamidren on the plat boards. It was reeking of meta-gaming innuendos from the prime events.

THIS.

Not to mention the warning for Book to flee the inquisition even before he was even close to being outed as a necro....

-pete
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 10:06 AM CST
Guys,

The prime and plat events weren't the same, aren't the same, and won't be even remotely the same in the future. (Evangder? Maelshyve? Invasions plaguing the towns for days on end?) If you need to say "why hasn't XYZ hasn't happened yet in plat?" you're looking at the events from the wrong angle. Some things won't ever happen, like several of the visions. Other things will happen that didn't in prime. It's just a reality of the way plat works.

Currently, plat doesn't really have a reason to know who Markat or Xerasyth are at all, and there's nothing necessarily wrong with this. Any further discussion about the platinum events should happen in the plat folders.

-GM Abasha

When the squirrels rule the world, my work will be complete.
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 01:17 PM CST
first, i didn't post my private conversation with him. only the warning beforehand. And it isn't metagaming for the following reason. read the guys books. they're in-game. An sspiring "scholar" would have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to get the hint from the 2nd book.

Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 01:21 PM CST
I would laugh so hard if they introduce NPCs in plat with the same names as the prime NPCs and change which ones are necromancers.

PS: Vorclaf is a necromancer. He just hasn't finished casting rebirth yet.

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 01:21 PM CST
Plat forums please. I'm confident we can discuss it better there anyway.

>>That being said... If you are going to damn yourself, you may as well do it all the way. -GM Abasha
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 01:25 PM CST
Part of me hopes Book in plat will be the secret head of the Hounds of Rutilor, just to put a nail in some of the cross-instance stuff.

- The Moose
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 01:41 PM CST
>>Part of me hopes Book in plat will be the secret head of the Hounds of Rutilor, just to put a nail in some of the cross-instance stuff.

I feel about Plat's roleplaying the same way I feel about Fallen's everything: it's not my place to tell them they're doing it wrong. If how they've handled the current plot, metagaming and all, is what they feel is the best use of their tight-knitted roleplaying community, then I am sure as heck not going to sabotage them or stand in its way.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 01:45 PM CST
>>I feel about Plat's roleplaying the same way I feel about Fallen's everything: it's not my place to tell them they're doing it wrong. If how they've handled the current plot, metagaming and all, is what they feel is the best use of their tight-knitted roleplaying community, then I am sure as heck not going to sabotage them or stand in its way.

Rest assured not all Plat Necro's to be are following that same pattern. We will let them get it out of their system for now.

>>That being said... If you are going to damn yourself, you may as well do it all the way. -GM Abasha
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 02:01 PM CST
>> An sspiring "scholar" would have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to get the hint from the 2nd book.

That's really very easy to say when you already know the answer.

Yes, looking back in retrospect at that book, there are several subtle hints that tie into it.

However, I sincerely doubt you figured this out all on your own and simply didn't say anything about it in Prime until after it happened.

Rev. Reene

"I used to appreciate these stars just for their beautiful form, but now I can't help a twinge of feeling that it is uncannily like looking down the barrel of a rifle." - Peter Tuthill
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 02:07 PM CST
>Yes, looking back in retrospect at that book, there are several subtle hints that tie into it.

>However, I sincerely doubt you figured this out all on your own and simply didn't say anything about it in Prime until after it happened.

Fun fact: I didn't even know that book had been released until after people that were sent to information gather in an event found it and would have edited it had I not decided there was very little way you could categorically say anything from it except in hindsight.

It was written years and years ago before any of the event was planned in any instance and I was just immensely thankful it didn't end up contradicting anything :P

-Z
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 02:08 PM CST
>>Fun fact: I didn't even know that book had been released until after people that were sent to information gather in an event found it and would have edited it had I not decided there was very little way you could categorically say anything from it except in hindsight.

Nice, real nice.

Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 03:49 PM CST
<<However, I sincerely doubt you figured this out all on your own and simply didn't say anything about it in Prime until after it happened.>>

i didn't even go to see the "fake guild" in prime til after it was revealed as a hoax. And that was just to take a look around, and get a cookie. I did my research in plat with my plat character, thanx. Reading books in libraries all over elanthea, trying to get a handle on things. JJ helps. And if the character who wrote the other book on necromancy showed up in-game, I'd recognize that too, and seek her out for some answers. But in that book the author doesn't refer to "necromancers" as "we". So the approach would be somewhat different.

If you "hear" a rumor a famous scholar has shown up in your town, and you consider yourself a student, wouldn't you be anxious to meet them and find out the information contained? Wouldn't you just be a little bit curious? Come on folks, that IS RP.

My character in prime was involved in trying to become a necro way back when velmix was around. Even got a minor quest out of it, but fell thru when the GM left the game.

During this event however i haven't hardly touched my prime characters very much, except to jump in and steal some muspar'i loot with my thief once in awhile, and wait for the s'kra housing to show up in that city. I've had enough of trying to do things the "wrong" way -- attempting to learn something applicable - from Sahfra. Big mistake. Not doing it twice. Gonna try to "get it right" over there.

one other thing as an aside.

on the whole "losing bank and vault privaleges" thing. Yes, its good RP -wise. <applicable to prime, not plat>. You might lose some premie folks that play premie in order to get those "perks". So rather than playability, it might be a matter of the bottom line, if those that go for a necro-prime character decide - hey, if i'm not gonna have a bank or vault in-game, i'm not gonna pony out an extra 20 smackers for a premie account a month. Not everyone plays to get a bizillion character slots like some of us crazies. heh.

Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 03:57 PM CST
>> If you "hear" a rumor a famous scholar has shown up in your town, and you consider yourself a student, wouldn't you be anxious to meet them and find out the information contained? Wouldn't you just be a little bit curious? Come on folks, that IS RP.

That's not what people in this thread are talking about, though.

I'd be curious to see the log from Plat, anyone mind sending it to me? Play.net address is good.

Rev. Reene

"I used to appreciate these stars just for their beautiful form, but now I can't help a twinge of feeling that it is uncannily like looking down the barrel of a rifle." - Peter Tuthill
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 04:13 PM CST
Log of which part at this point? It's gotten ridiculously confused due to, well, let's call them misunderstandings.

Jaedren(on plat side) and Z seem to have agreed it's not actually obvious. Something others of us over there pointed out as well.

I doubt this will alter the umm... situation, somehow. But I can try to dig up a log if you wanted something in particular.

- The Moose
Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 04:17 PM CST
I sent you an email.

p.s. The Plat section idea for Elanthipedia is a good idea.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread!

Rev. Reene

Re: The Old Man 12/10/2009 06:21 PM CST
The Old Man knows where his towel is.
Re: The Old Man 01/16/2013 09:10 AM CST
If you ask me the old man is one of the first empaths ever existed. Course that's just speculation....

>"That's their weakness, the foolish belief that they're in control, I'll be their downfall...."
Re: The Old Man 01/16/2013 09:41 AM CST
Perhaps, but the quote you included, to me, is directed at either the Philosophers or the Immortals. Likely the Philosophers, given that the Old Man doesn't really seem to be on their side.
Re: The Old Man 01/24/2013 09:26 PM CST
Are you speaking of the quote that is in every message?

>"That's their weakness, the foolish belief that they're in control, I'll be their downfall...."
1 3 Next Next_page