Prev_page Previous 1
Length of time to join Necros 01/07/2012 06:40 PM CST
Ok, after three plus hours, I'm still trying to please the people that will give me an in road to the Necro guild. Really? This is insane. What is accomplished by having people sit here for hours doing this? I thought the Thief guild was a little difficult to join, but three plus hours.. And I'm still working.

X

"Come Damaris, dark night and dreams, the panther protect me"
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/07/2012 07:08 PM CST
Are you trying to figure it out yourself? The exact solution is posted on certain websites. I don't recall it taking that long to join.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/07/2012 07:48 PM CST
Keep in mind, it's not an test of endurance, it's a test of something else.

Lack of this something else will cause you to continue endlessly.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/07/2012 08:15 PM CST
>>Keep in mind, it's not an test of endurance, it's a test of something else.
>>Lack of this something else will cause you to continue endlessly.

Both the Necromancer joining quest and the Tapestry "puzzle" are meant to be tutorials on what all the Great Work quests (the stuff dealing with the Necromancer's state of being, such as Redemption) are going to expect from the player.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/07/2012 10:19 PM CST
>>What is accomplished by having people sit here for hours doing this?

Why are you sitting there? Do other things between the things you have to do.
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/08/2012 06:53 AM CST

Hmm. I have two Necromancers. Both took 4 hours to join. I never thought to complain. Didn't realize the time could be shortened ?

And while I enjoyed the Tapestry. I didn't realize it was a puzzle , Thanks !
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/08/2012 11:23 AM CST
Oh, it's a puzzle alright. And if you can't figure it out, maybe you should pursue a different profession. I hear Traders are recruiting?
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/08/2012 12:44 PM CST

well that was uncalled for
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/08/2012 01:01 PM CST
>>Oh, it's a puzzle alright. And if you can't figure it out, maybe you should pursue a different profession.

If we're talking about the grand tapestry of puppy eating, I would consider laughing and giving it no notice as a very good way of absolutely passing that "puzzle."
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/08/2012 01:09 PM CST
>>Oh, it's a puzzle alright. And if you can't figure it out, maybe you should pursue a different profession.

Well considering it's been around a year since I messed with it <Tapestry> I can't even find it anymore .....
..... shuffles off to the traders guild .
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/08/2012 03:01 PM CST
I'm talking about the tapestry. It's a test of... I guess character is a good way of putting it. Eligibility is another word that works.
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/08/2012 03:20 PM CST
>>I'm talking about the tapestry. It's a test of... I guess character is a good way of putting it. Eligibility is another word that works.

The one that had the rather notable parody of Necromancers on it?
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/08/2012 04:45 PM CST
That's the one. If you don't see it for what it is, apply elsewhere.
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/08/2012 09:35 PM CST

wait .... are we talking about a "Tapestry Painting" or just a Tapestry ?
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/08/2012 09:50 PM CST
I sometimes refer to it as the flock of sheep to Dirge thing. Lambs to the slaughter thing.

Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/09/2012 06:03 PM CST
>Both the Necromancer joining quest and the Tapestry "puzzle" are meant to be tutorials on what all the Great Work quests (the stuff dealing with the Necromancer's state of being, such as Redemption) are going to expect from the player.

So Im still doubting the individual judgment calls on those that are trying to sum up whom should be guilded. Advanced guild yes but....
Is this really an Elitist guild ? "Be cool or be Cast out" ?
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/09/2012 07:21 PM CST
>>Is this really an Elitist guild ? "Be cool or be Cast out" ?

Now that both sides were properly snarky toward each other and displayed their plumage appropriately, we can move on!
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/09/2012 10:26 PM CST

Im a sucker for Rush quotes ? Anyhow I asked because I'm still trying to figure if Im referring to the same object . When I heard "Puzzle" I assumed it was game command interactive .
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/10/2012 01:00 AM CST
Simply put, before the guild was released an area was put live that was intended to trap/educate those whom wanted to join the guild for the wrong reasons. The Tapestry the others speak of was there, its also no longer around so if you missed that event its not likely you are referring to the same thing.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/10/2012 07:08 AM CST
<<The Tapestry the others speak of was there, its also no longer around so if you missed that event its not likely you are referring to the same thing>>

it was only destroyed in prime. TF and plat still have the tapestry.

It was intended to weed out the "dead puppies" version. However, that is so because - not that that is not a legitimate way of RPing a "necromancer", but because it is not the way to become a "philosopher". And that's the only way to join up as a PC.

NPCs get to take shortcuts. Lyras and Book were both WMs first, etc. Although they weren't actually "shortcuts" when you figure out the amount of time it must have taken.

Mechanically speaking, while the "join quest" for necromancers may take the longest, to me its much more IC - and immersive - for it to take that long than the "zap, you're a WM" thing that gauthus does. :-). The only thing that even comes close is the join quest for thieves in shard <for commoners joining the guild in the first place- not existing thieves just to get in that guildhall> , which, if I recall correctly, has now been broken for approximately 9-10 years.

Preces meae non sunt dignae;Sed tu bonus fac benigne;Ne perenni cremer igne [Dies Irae]
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/10/2012 08:33 AM CST

Ahh. Thank you. I did miss that event unfortunately , but I did read up on it and more details are appreciated. Positively enough this experience sent me back to play with something I was previously intrigued with.

Concerning the time to join , I noticed the second time around that one could actually Log out of the Game between "waits" . Would it be better to fix that so it was not possible ? Or is Leisure more commonsensical ? Since one could choose over any alloted amount of time to log in , finish something then log out till they feel like it ?
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/10/2012 08:40 AM CST
<<Concerning the time to join , I noticed the second time around that one could actually Log out of the Game between "waits" >>

the <NPC> does tell you you don't need to stick around. You can go out of the <place>, go swim, climb, pick boxes, pick your nose, go fight stuff, go do some crafts, go roleplay stuff with your commoner. Took me a few days to join with some characters. <other than my main necros, who waited ==as commoners-- YEARS...for the release >

Preces meae non sunt dignae;Sed tu bonus fac benigne;Ne perenni cremer igne [Dies Irae]
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/10/2012 01:32 PM CST

What I meant was , its just my opinion on guild difficulty , that logging off should reset the whole thing.
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/10/2012 03:13 PM CST
Why? Logging out isn't supposed to erase your interaction with the world.
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/11/2012 08:17 AM CST
time you are logged off is when you're doing all of the mundane things like eat, sleep, and use the restroom.

I mean, Lyras would have probably broken down the barrier much faster if she didn't have to use the toilet. :-)

Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/11/2012 01:53 PM CST

I Strongly Disagree ! Players of DragonRealms should have the proper amenities. Such as colostomy bags , IV's and the pharmaceutical means to cheat sleep .
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/11/2012 03:53 PM CST
I was just telling a friend the other day that one thing I am ever thankful for, is the lack of a 'Hours Played This Month' command in DR.
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/11/2012 04:38 PM CST
WOW actually has little suggestions about spending time doing RL things like eat & sleep during the loading screens...

- Kart
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/11/2012 05:32 PM CST
>WOW actually has little suggestions about spending time doing RL things like eat & sleep during the loading screens...

DR really does need more loading screens.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/11/2012 05:47 PM CST
> DR really does need more loading screens.

Isn't that basically what the gondola and various boats are? Loading screens that you can interact with?
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/11/2012 05:56 PM CST
No. Nonononononononono. No. Nope. No.
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/11/2012 06:29 PM CST
>Isn't that basically what the gondola and various boats are? Loading screens that you can interact with?

This is getting drastically off target. I see the gondola, boats, ferries, as points of realism of the game.

We are very lucky that our characters can run, without becoming fatigued at what seems to be at infinitude.

We probably should return to the topic, of Length of time to join the Necromantic Cult: Philosopher's of the Knife.

Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/12/2012 06:48 AM CST
<<We probably should return to the topic, of Length of time to join the Necromantic Cult: Philosopher's of the Knife.>>

which brings up an additional question.

I'm wondering whether other guildhalls when they open will have their own "entry quest", similar to the shard thieves guild type for existing members.

I know the philosophers are the only one open for PCs to join, but other "cults" when they open might have their own requirements for existing necromancer characters.

Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/12/2012 06:54 AM CST
I think the current plan is that everyone has to join via Book.
Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/12/2012 07:13 AM CST
thats what I SAID.

existing guilded Thieves have to "do a quest" to gain entry to the shard guildhall. <this quest differs from the broken one that commoners can actually join the thieves guild in shard, I did with a commoner in both prime & plat years ago- the plat char is still a thief, the prime character i don't recall if she eventually became a MM or an empath. haven't played her in quite a while.>.

My question is if, similarly, existing Necromancers will have to "do a quest" to gain entry to other Necromancer guildhalls. :-)

Re: Length of time to join Necros 01/12/2012 12:23 PM CST

Misread

Maybe!
Re: Length of time to join Necros 02/17/2012 08:47 PM CST
Tried 'perf entry' outside Haven lately?

--Croegar/Shatteringwave/Someone Else

K>think
You try, but in the cramped confines of the tunnel, there's just no room to do that.
Re: Length of time to join Necros 02/18/2012 06:08 AM CST
yes, just tried each by each gate <and a number of other rooms outside each gate, in the case of the east gate, tried all the way til i got to the entrance of the zaulfang> , only got the standard messaging

"You don't think you're close enough to the <CENSORED> to take one of the back routes."

unless whatever you are seeing isn't functioning platside. My primeside necro isn't on the mainland to check, and if its not in Plat, i doubt if it would be in TF yet to check with my necro over there.

Re: Length of time to join Necros 02/18/2012 09:23 AM CST
Perhaps you could state what you think we were supposed to see? I'm under the impression that ritual only works within a fairly narrow window around the Crossing. As it should.
Re: Length of time to join Necros 02/18/2012 11:18 AM CST
>>I'm under the impression that ritual only works within a fairly narrow window around the Crossing. As it should.

This is my understanding, too. I have no idea what that person was talking about.
Prev_page Previous 1