Prev_page Previous 1
Kalestraum Events 01/26/2007 11:09 PM CST
<<I thought it was a little strange that the spell had no preview and then was hand delivered to 3 specifically chosen people.>>

It was an open casting call, but you failed to show up for the audition. The show must go on regardless, so the part of "evil sorcerer" went to someone else.

<<He [Ealuik] did not want to talk about sect politics, Karosti taking over the Moon Mage Guild, necromancy, sorcery, perviewing the works contained within the Black Library, politics in Ilithi or Zoluren, meeting other sorcerors, events as seen in predictions or joining The Children.>>

<<After trying to talk to him on 3 or 4 different occasions and being rebuffed>>

That seems like a lot of ground to cover with very few occasions. I wish I had some idea of how you approached him in conversation. I wonder if you may have given up too easily? There were times when I would locate or thoughtcast Ealuik and receive no reply. I never took it personally.

<<I just let the matter alone and accepted the fact that he only wanted to talk with Caelumnia and her one or two friends.>>

If you really cared about what was happening, maybe you shouldn't have let the matter alone? Caelumia was hardly the doorway to Ealuik. Personally, I was intrigued that this NPC had taken an interest in a particular character. In retrospect, I think she was given some attention for being an outspoken Fateweaver with a temper who was in the gweth range of Leth. This new spellbook seems particularly relevant to the topic of fateweaving, and I think the interest in Caelumia was an early clue.

<<So, I suppose it is not too suprising that they ended up with scrolls.>>

You're right, it's not too surprising. Do you really think Ealuik should have ignored the people who were actively interacting with him that night, walked down to Shard, and hand delivered you a scroll because your reputation as an evil sorcerer precedes you? Talk about surprised...

<<Well, my character does not live in Zoluren so it was kind of hard to follow the event or to ask for something if you do not know what is happening.>>

When you stopped calling yourself a Moon Mage did you also give up all of the spells and abilities that allow us to follow events happening anywhere more easily than anyone? It's no ones fault but your own that you did not walk closer to Leth. Ealuik has only been gwething in that range (exclusively, I think) for the past few months. The fact is, as you already mentioned, you had sort of given up on this whole thing.

<<I do know that not every Moon Mage lives in Crossing so so I find it a little hard to say that every Moon Mage was included in the offer or the event.>>

Every Moon Mage was included in the offer. Not every Moon Mage participated in the event, for whatever reasons.

<<Stolas was openly asking on the gweth in Shard to buy a Sever Thread scroll from anyone who had one due to the narrow minded approach that Taramaine was taking towards the spell. That was pretty much the focal point of his RP last night ... searching for a spell scroll. It was not done hidden away over a gweth or in secret but in front of militia commanders and prominent members of Ilithi.>>

You did the right thing in the wrong place. Did you thoughtcast Ealuik and tell him you accepted his offer and were openly admitting your desire for sorcery over the gweth in Shard? That would have at least been a step in the right direction.

<<Stolas had previously asked both Karosti and Ealuik to join with The Children but the GMPCs never took him up on the offer>>

I feel badly that you were not able to join their sect. I know at least one other person involved in these events that had the same hopes and found them equally dashed. I think what it boils down to is that these events were not about releasing the Children of Kalestraum as a joinable sect. And if one person had joined then others would need to have the capability also. Or else it would be like handing out a couple Sever Thread scrolls without simultaneously releasing them into the treasure drop system.

<<So, I do feel a little left out. The only portion of the ongoing Children event that I was allowed to participate in was during their appearance at Caelumnia's lecture. Though it was with other characters and not the GMPCs.>>

What about when you spoken with him about Farn's ring? I know it was short lived, and I'm not trying to be glib. But the fact is I was standing there, so I know you had other opportunities for involvement.

<<But then I have tried to get The Children involved with this group of Sorcerers ... Ealuik said he was too busy.>>

They already are a group of Sorcerers. And he was busy researching magic which is now available to you. Honestly, maybe you just needed to adjust your expectations. The bulk of my involvement with this has been Ealuik, Olandern, or Tressoth sitting inside the Manor, and me locating, mirroring, or thoughtcasting to them. That?s just how it was. Not much was happening outside those walls. That is, except for discussions between PCs.

<<No, we cant give the scrolls to people who can actually use it or who have substantial RP behind being "evil">>

The scrolls were handed to Moon Mages. They will be able to use them. As for "substantial RP behind being evil" I assume you mean acting like Stolas. (Un)fortunately, everyone has their own perception of good and evil behavior. I promise you though, there was indeed substantial RP going on.

Basically, I'm amazed that you have kept this attitude up for so many posts. Take a step back, get some perspective, and try to be appreciative. This release should be particularly meaningful, as you have mentioned, for a character like Stolas. Try to enjoy it. As for the events surrounding it, I don't feel a lot of sympathy for you. I think we all got out as much as we put in, and individual expectations colored our evaluation of the results.

Malzard

Re: Kalestraum Events 01/26/2007 11:47 PM CST
Seconds what Malzard said. Oh and I didn't get a scroll either, but then again Eowen believes she's one of the good guys. <grin>
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 02:30 AM CST
Of course Eowen is one of the good guys!

>Davius says, "Well, I am the most devious of people, and I can tell you that they are dumb."

Check out www.drplat.com - the DragonRealms Platinum community webpage!
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 02:34 AM CST
Eowen, it has been a delight to roleplay with you during this event, which is in sharp contrast to my experiences with Stolas both ICly and OOCly.

Rev. Reene

Out of Context Theatre Presents...
<Conskill> Like, say, Taramaine dancing naked on a telephone wire.
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 02:50 AM CST
<<It was an open casting call, but you failed to show up for the audition. The show must go on regardless, so the part of "evil sorcerer" went to someone else.

Well, to tell you the truth I thought the casting call was all done through Thoughtcasts, after 5 attempts I was pretty much done.

<<That seems like a lot of ground to cover with very few occasions. I wish I had some idea of how you approached him in conversation. I wonder if you may have given up too easily? There were times when I would locate or thoughtcast Ealuik and receive no reply. I never took it personally.

I know you did not know this, but there were 5 different individual attempts. Those were the hooks given to Ealuik to see if I could get him interested in talking. I do not know your definition of the word, but to me a few is around 3 when I had done almost double that I was done with sending thoughtcasts and getting "I have better things to do" (paraphrased).

<<If you really cared about what was happening, maybe you shouldn't have let the matter alone? Caelumia was hardly the doorway to Ealuik. Personally, I was intrigued that this NPC had taken an interest in a particular character. In retrospect, I think she was given some attention for being an outspoken Fateweaver with a temper who was in the gweth range of Leth. This new spellbook seems particularly relevant to the topic of fateweaving, and I think the interest in Caelumia was an early clue.

I do not know if you have been reading the threads but I did leave the issue alone. That is why I was not there in Crossing when Ealuik was offering one of the gold tickets to Sever Thread. I know this may seem strange to you, but given the in game history you would think that a GMPC would be interested in talking to someone who is more like them. The Progeny of Tezirah and The Children sects/cabals both originate from the same source. However, as a character you are only given the option of being from the "evil lite" portion of the history -- if Stolas could have been a member of some evil sorcerous sect he would have been. The Progeny are the respectable portion of the shadowy tradition and my character has definately portrayed that. It is a shame that the guild with the more sorcerous and evil bent does not have more opportunity to express that through plotlines. I guess The Children would rather talk to gypsies and tamborine shakers, clothed in gossamer silk than those that follow a tradition that mirrors their own.

<<You're right, it's not too surprising. Do you really think Ealuik should have ignored the people who were actively interacting with him that night, walked down to Shard, and hand delivered you a scroll because your reputation as an evil sorcerer precedes you? Talk about surprised...

What is suprising to me is that the GMPCs focus so much attention in only one province. Players do not all live in Crossing. From what I recall, Crossing is about as far away from true RP as it can be. That is why people move away from there. It would be nice if GMs would move plotlines away from centers of Kewldudes and into other areas.

<<When you stopped calling yourself a Moon Mage did you also give up all of the spells and abilities that allow us to follow events happening anywhere more easily than anyone? It's no ones fault but your own that you did not walk closer to Leth. Ealuik has only been gwething in that range (exclusively, I think) for the past few months. The fact is, as you already mentioned, you had sort of given up on this whole thing.

You do not have to be a Moon Mage to follow the Lunar Tradition. Only from a mechanics standpoint do you need a guildleader. If you were a mage on your own, you could increase your skills and learn your spells from a spellbook. I know that my take on the death of the council and then the seizure of guildhalls by individual sects was a destruction of the guild. That may not be the case, but Taramaine has not been seen in years and the only power structure in place are the guildleaders. If Mortom will not teach a fellow sect member then I guess Stolas would be out of luck.

<<Every Moon Mage was included in the offer. Not every Moon Mage participated in the event, for whatever reasons.

By definition, every moon mage means every moon mage. You can not exclude even one member of the guild for it to include all of them. If you were not on line or if you were not at the event then not every member of the guild was included. As I talk to people who were in Crossing at the time, Ealuik was saying that only 3 scrolls were being offered on a first come first serve baises. I do not know, because I was not there. All, I know is that there are conflicting stories.

<<You did the right thing in the wrong place. Did you thoughtcast Ealuik and tell him you accepted his offer and were openly admitting your desire for sorcery over the gweth in Shard? That would have at least been a step in the right direction.

Personally, I do not think there is such a thing as bad RP. RP only adds to our make believe enviroment. After being rebuffed by Ealuik 5 times I am not going to keep beating a dead horse. However, I will be open and honest and tell people about my own experiences. If you are being excluded from an event then you are not going to be able to let GMPCs know what you are doing. Stolas just acted like he normally acts, by being a vocal sorcerer who experiments and practices with questionable and shadowy magic. He is not pandering on the gweth to beg for a scroll, he is just doing what he is always doing.

<<I feel badly that you were not able to join their sect. I know at least one other person involved in these events that had the same hopes and found them equally dashed. I think what it boils down to is that these events were not about releasing the Children of Kalestraum as a joinable sect. And if one person had joined then others would need to have the capability also. Or else it would be like handing out a couple Sever Thread scrolls without simultaneously releasing them into the treasure drop system.

Stolas has some very clearly defined goals that he is working towards in game and he would not tell them to Malzard on the street. Perhaps after Malzard had shown that he followed some of the same tenets or such he would include him in. Just because GMs do not follow the same viewpoints as your character is no reason to be upset. However, I do believe that every customer has a right to express his opinon. Especially when his needs or desires are not being met or if he is feeling like he is being ignored. And before you try and twist my words, I mean that there is a sorcerous population down in Ilithi that is not being included with "bad" or "evil" GMPCs. It would be nice if GMPCs rolled more with characters instead of just following cookie cutter plotlines that have been laid out. Yes, I know that I am not privy to the secret councils of GMs or know what is going on behind closed doors, but from where I am sitting plotlines have a very narrow scope. And yes, before you say it again I know that you can not win, Armifer.

<<What about when you spoken with him about Farn's ring? I know it was short lived, and I'm not trying to be glib. But the fact is I was standing there, so I know you had other opportunities for involvement.

What actually happened with Farn's ring is that I told Caelumnia that I had information. She was able to talk to Ealuik, who supplied her with the same info. I did not get to talk to him at all about it.

<<They already are a group of Sorcerers. And he was busy researching magic which is now available to you. Honestly, maybe you just needed to adjust your expectations. The bulk of my involvement with this has been Ealuik, Olandern, or Tressoth sitting inside the Manor, and me locating, mirroring, or thoughtcasting to them. That?s just how it was. Not much was happening outside those walls. That is, except for discussions between PCs.

Yes, we were pretty much in the same boat. However, Ealuik did have some extensive conversations with some people or at least some people lead Stolas to believe. If that is not what happened, he would love to hear about it in character, those people that lied to Stolas should stock up on some favors.

<<Basically, I'm amazed that you have kept this attitude up for so many posts. Take a step back, get some perspective, and try to be appreciative. This release should be particularly meaningful, as you have mentioned, for a character like Stolas. Try to enjoy it. As for the events surrounding it, I don't feel a lot of sympathy for you. I think we all got out as much as we put in, and individual expectations colored our evaluation of the results.

I would like to take a moment to thank Malzard for being my moral compass. I do not know what I would do without his little cricket voice to help out this little wooden boy. That being said, I think that people have their own views and expectations. The player of Malzard had his met and mine were not. It is not like I can do anything to the contrary. It is a fact of DR that GMs run the game, they dole out the gravy and they can do whatever they want. Reality is just that, reality. This is the only comment card I am given. Is Sever Thread a plus for Stolas, I have no idea because that remains to be seen. Sever Thread could be the new Shadow Web, I do not know because I do not have the spell. I feel like someone told me that I was included in a game of red rover but I was in another country and they did not tell me about it until after it happened. One viewpoint would be that I was, and another would be -- what are you on and why arent you sharing?

Shadowmancer Stolas, Darkling of the Progeny

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 03:45 AM CST
Waaaaa why didn't I get a scroll! The GMs hate me! Waaaa.

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 06:12 AM CST
die in a fire
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 07:32 AM CST
>>What is suprising to me is that the GMPCs focus so much attention in only one province. Players do not all live in Crossing. From what I recall, Crossing is about as far away from true RP as it can be. That is why people move away from there. It would be nice if GMs would move plotlines away from centers of Kewldudes and into other areas.

What surprises me is how many events and plotlines are Shard only and yet you don't seem to be complaining about them, nor is anybody else saying that those plots should expand to Crossing.

~Arwinia

Your mind hears Netherlich thinking "Actually i was asking to buy....movin up to 50Pk for Limb Disruption and 40 for Blackfire."
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 09:28 AM CST
<<Well, to tell you the truth I thought the casting call was all done through Thoughtcasts, after 5 attempts I was pretty much done.>>

You thought wrong.

<<I do not know if you have been reading the threads but I did leave the issue alone.>>

Yes, I understood that. What I suggested was maybe you shouldn't have, especially if you were planning on subsequently raving over the results of that choice.

<<I know this may seem strange to you, but given the in game history you would think that a GMPC would be interested in talking to someone who is more like them.>>

Or we could just as easily think that they would hate the Progeny more than anyone. Your group splintered from theirs, showed a lack of courage in the conviction to openly study sorcery, and ultimately became a part of the ruling council for a group of mages that tried to eliminate their existence.

<<It is a shame that the guild with the more sorcerous and evil bent does not have more opportunity to express that through plotlines.>>

This is ridiculous, considering the plotline that has been taking place. If you meant to say sect, spare me. It's a shame that the sect devoted to reunification of the guild hasn't had more opportunity to express that through GM run plotlines. It's a shame that the sect who should one day have a real hall in Su Helmas hasn't had more opportunity to express that through GM run plotlines. It's a shame that the sect devoted to a sorceress banished to the plane of probability hasn't had more opportunity to express that through GM run plo....oh wait.

<<I guess The Children would rather talk to gypsies and tamborine shakers, clothed in gossamer silk than those that follow a tradition that mirrors their own.>>

And Tezirah would rather sleep with them.

<<What is suprising to me is that the GMPCs focus so much attention in only one province. Players do not all live in Crossing. From what I recall, Crossing is about as far away from true RP as it can be. That is why people move away from there. It would be nice if GMs would move plotlines away from centers of Kewldudes and into other areas.>>

The Manor is in Leth! That was established long before this plotline began. As for writing off the entire city of Crossing, that's your choice. Are you really trying to suggest that plotlines do not take place outside of Crossing, or that plotlines should not take place inside Crossing? I'm sure that's not the case. You're probably generalizing your frustration that this particular plotline has taken place primary in that area. If you weren't willing to get up and move when they were logged in it's not my problem or their problem or a big conspiracy.

<<You do not have to be a Moon Mage to follow the Lunar Tradition. Only from a mechanics standpoint do you need a guildleader. If you were a mage on your own, you could increase your skills and learn your spells from a spellbook. I know that my take on the death of the council and then the seizure of guildhalls by individual sects was a destruction of the guild. That may not be the case, but Taramaine has not been seen in years and the only power structure in place are the guildleaders. If Mortom will not teach a fellow sect member then I guess Stolas would be out of luck.>>

That was a long winded response. It had nothing to do with my point, however, which was that you are fully equipped with an arsenal of spells that allow you to know what's going on and to stay involved.

<<Personally, I do not think there is such a thing as bad RP. RP only adds to our make believe enviroment. After being rebuffed by Ealuik 5 times I am not going to keep beating a dead horse. However, I will be open and honest and tell people about my own experiences. If you are being excluded from an event then you are not going to be able to let GMPCs know what you are doing. Stolas just acted like he normally acts, by being a vocal sorcerer who experiments and practices with questionable and shadowy magic. He is not pandering on the gweth to beg for a scroll, he is just doing what he is always doing.>>

I never said your RP was bad. I said you were openly admitting a desire for that magic in the wrong place. He couldn't hear you and you had given up on thoughtcasting him. Did you expect him to be intuitively drawn to you based on the magnitude of your sense of entitlement?

<<However, I do believe that every customer has a right to express his opinon. Especially when his needs or desires are not being met or if he is feeling like he is being ignored.>>

I agree. I just wish you had decided to write feedback, email Solomon, or email someone on the Event Team.

<<And before you try and twist my words, I mean that there is a sorcerous population down in Ilithi that is not being included with "bad" or "evil" GMPCs. It would be nice if GMPCs rolled more with characters instead of just following cookie cutter plotlines that have been laid out.>>

I agree that more GM involvement with such an organized and interesting group would be nice. Luckily, in the mean time, it has been my experience that people in Ilithi are especially adept at creating their own RP. But don't act like Shard is lacking for involvement with the dark arts, and don't suggest that all such events must take place there, at the epicenter of evil.

<<Yes, we were pretty much in the same boat. However, Ealuik did have some extensive conversations with some people or at least some people lead Stolas to believe. If that is not what happened, he would love to hear about it in character, those people that lied to Stolas should stock up on some favors.>>

Didn't you have any fun with it at all? Honestly, I'm not sure what anyone told you, but I also had conversations with people that I suspect involved an amount of deception on their part.

<<I feel like someone told me that I was included in a game of red rover but I was in another country and they did not tell me about it until after it happened.>>

No, what I'm telling you is that you could have been included. No one needed to tell you that anything was happening.

Malzard

Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 10:34 AM CST
I just want to add a bit on the whole "GMs catering to people that live in the Crossing" thing.

I spend a fair amount of time in the Crossing. I spend a fair amount of time in Throne. I also like to go down to Shard for extended periods of time.

While I roleplay that my character is originally from the Ilithi area it doesn't stop me from going to other provinces when the need arises.

Now, I have GMNPC names on my highlight list. I know we all do. When I see them log in, I get excited, do a fair bit of investigation and try to find out where they are. Why? Because I want to be involved. I play Dragonrealms for the events and roleplay.

If I discover they're on Taisgath I find a way to get there. I don't let it stop me that I "live" in a particular area.

This might make me an event chaser in your eyes, but I hate to see people complain about not being able to get involved in an event. If I'm persistent then I have no problem...regardless of the storyline.

As an example - I hate Zoluren politics. There are a lot of players that are heavily involved that I may or may not particularly care for and frankly a good portion of the time I have a hard time keeping track of everything going on sometimes.

That being said, I'll locate Vorclaf and Arilana if I see them and I've even had the pleasant opportunity of having a nice chat with both of them in a small group setting.

I guess what I'm getting at is, ultimately you decide your level of involvement in any event. while it sucks to not be the one given a prized item or the one who gets sucks into the plane of probability to make babies with Tezirah you can still get involved and have a good time.

-Coralin
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 11:23 AM CST
My name is Rroht Hhussk. And I am an Event-Chaser.

Rroht Hhussk
Progeny of Tezirah
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 11:45 AM CST
All of this is getting us away from whats important. We have a new spell. Whats wrong with you people. We have a new freekin spell.

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 11:54 AM CST
Not to mention tons of opportunities for new roleplay, whether or not you are involved in the event.

Unfortunately, to certain people roleplay has no value if it isn't coming from a GM.

Rev. Reene

<Conskill> Like, say, Taramaine dancing naked on a telephone wire.
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 11:55 AM CST
I'm so happy theres an actual conflict in the conflict folder for the first time since 1974.

-Strk
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 12:01 PM CST
>I'm so happy theres an actual conflict in the conflict folder for the first time since 1974.

ut oh Now your going to start a conflict over when we got a conflict folder!
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 12:21 PM CST

Well, that really was before my time. Maybe I am not so old after all.

Wulfcat
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 09:44 PM CST
Malzard, it is good to see that you agree with my points ... smart people agree with Stolas.

Re: Kalestraum Events 01/27/2007 10:07 PM CST
>>Now, I have GMNPC names on my highlight list. I know we all do. When I see them log in, I get excited, do a fair bit of investigation and try to find out where they are. Why? Because I want to be involved. I play Dragonrealms for the events and roleplay.

>>If I discover they're on Taisgath I find a way to get there. I don't let it stop me that I "live" in a particular area.

If you want to go the extra mile to being IC about it, here's something to think about:

Your character knows these people or knows of them to some degree. While I have a moon mage, he's too low in skill/circle to do much in this regard. My warrior mage, though, has the use of familiars that can travel a fair enough distance. The same logic applies for both.

If there's a character that's important enough to Gulph, he would naturally seek them out via his familiar periodically to see what's happening with them. Especially if the word in town was that they were stirring up trouble. As such, I periodically pull out the familiar and try to TELL FAM TO FIND [whomever]. As a player, I may or may not know that they're logged on. As far as my character goes, though, he doesn't, and he's just trying to keep tabs on them periodically.

In short, if you're really concerned about being in character, do that which your character would do even if you know through other mechanics that it's not possible. It's that simple.

I had some choice words regarding the source of this conflict, but most people have hit the points I wanted to make already. That being said, here's my rant: if [general] you really want to be involved, you can make it happen. If you choose not to or choose to get involved only under circumstances that others may not be aware of, be prepared to deal with the consequences of your actions.

I think it was a cool event, and a thoughtful way to introduce a new spell/spellbook into the game. Personally, I'd much rather encourage that kind of thinking rather than cry "foul" because I made choices that ultimately kept me from participating. I find it both selfish and detrimental to the roleplaying atmosphere.

Just my two cents.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/28/2007 08:01 AM CST
Geez. Petty complaints about events in the wrong province. At least your events happened in the same INSTANCE you play in. :P

>Davius says, "Well, I am the most devious of people, and I can tell you that they are dumb."

Check out www.drplat.com - the DragonRealms Platinum community webpage!
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/28/2007 03:53 PM CST
If you want to argue about what I said ... please focus in on the point I was making.

<Stolas corrals the thread with true Texan fashion>

Armifer said that all Moon Mages were included in the offer and I said that I was not, otherwise I would be the proud owner of permanently memorized sorcery. Yes, I know Armifer put a lot of work into the spell, just like he does everything else. And Lord knows that I speak my mind. So, thank you for all the hard work GM Censored. We all love you from the bottom of our hearts. We all rush to defend you when someone besmirches your name.

However, please do not tell me that I was included on a deal for a spell when I clearly was not. Stolas more than met your criteria and he does not do it just one day or one time. He is a sorcerer and it is not a big hush hush secret. It is a shame that only one character was sought after to be given the spell, but I guess if GMPCs only interact with one character, I suppose that is all that is going to happen.

If you think you are going to respond about what an ungrateful person I am -- no need for it has already been said. I know you want to rush to the aid of Armifer so that you can be first in line for the next sorcery spell when it is doled out to the select few. Only for the sake of decency should you please try and have a small amount of class when you go to curry such blatant favor.

Re: Kalestraum Events 01/28/2007 04:54 PM CST
I have, until this point, resisted with great struggle to reply to your frequent posts, Stolas. I think the masses are behind me when I say either get over it, or die quietly, drowning in self-pity. It seems you've heard of the sale of other scrolls, and I have seen a few people in possession of the magic myself. As a self-proclaimed sorcerer, you are falling dreadfully behind. If you simply devoted the time you spent griping to actually looking for a scroll, rather than complaining about your unfair treatment and neglect, we'd all be blissfully happy right now.

So the moral of the story is... Go pay for, or find, a damn scroll like most everyone else, and stop crying.
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/28/2007 05:00 PM CST
I'm not making a statement on Stolas' behavior, but please don't tell people to stop whining and go find a scroll when you were just handed one.

-Strk
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/28/2007 05:04 PM CST
thats what happens when you involve yourself in the events unfolding around you. Yes, I might have been lucky, but so could anyone else that was payin attention, within earshot. Regardless, the time to complain is over, and nothing is going to be done about it anyways. Why keep running into a brick wall when the only thing you're going to get is a concussion?
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/28/2007 05:05 PM CST
I don't begrudge you your luck in being around when the event happened, I just take offense to your attitude that others should act a certain way when you in fact did not.

-Strk
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/28/2007 05:10 PM CST
Now I remember why I don't post... Ok, for those that didnt understand the first time... the moral of the story was stop beating a dead horse. Stop crying over somethin that has been cried over for too long already. Why waste time and tears on something that isn't going to change? He clearly explained he felt he was not allowed to participate to the fullest extent, and explained it in depth. Very much depth. If it goes on much further, I forsee book deals in the future...
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/29/2007 09:35 AM CST
Ah, trying to beat sense into a texan... It all makes sense now.

~Arwinia

Your mind hears Netherlich thinking "Actually i was asking to buy....movin up to 50Pk for Limb Disruption and 40 for Blackfire."
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/30/2007 01:12 AM CST
Hey Eason, there is no crying in the Conflicts folder. I am just stating how I feel and my experiences so that <gasp> maybe the next time more people in the guild can be included in the guild events. I suspect that you probably do not feel that way, because it might cut down on your exclusive interaction with Ealuik and being delivered sorcery scrolls.

I do not speak for the members of the guild but perhaps the masses would like to play with the GMPCs to?

Re: Kalestraum Events 01/30/2007 01:19 AM CST
<<Ah, trying to beat sense into a texan... It all makes sense now.

That is true ... Remember the Alamo!! It is ok if you do not love me, John Wayne does and by love I mean, would drink whiskey with me. And just so this is the perfect post I want to include mamma, women, trains, trucks, prison and rain.

You dont have to call my Darkling, darling ... you never even call me by my name.

Re: Kalestraum Events 01/30/2007 02:14 AM CST
You know, I was actually actively looking for excuses not to post this.

But in the absence of any kind of remotely reasoned logic on your part, Stolas, I feel like I need to air my grievances with you here.

Stolas, you IM'd me some months ago when this event was just starting back up. You asked me many questions about Caelumia, her involvement, and her motivations. You asked me many questions about me, the player, more specifically about who I post as here on the boards - Reene. It took me awhile, but I finally figured out why you referred to me in the third person. I proceeded to inform you of who I was and that I play Caelumia. You got embarrassed, apologised, and suddenly got very, very quiet.

I'll be honest. I found this reprehensibly sneaky on a personal level. I'm not remotely secretive when it comes to my character so long as the other person understand that anything I tell them is to be treated as strictly OOC knowledge. Anyone that has contacted me - and a fair number of people have - knows this. I logged and SHARED as much as I could. I took notes when I forgot to save my logs. If someone wanted to be involved, I tried to give them the information and the windows they needed to do that. Eason and Malzard both were such people; I did not know either of them before this event. I was bothered that despite all of this and all of my effort you presumably felt as though you could not come to me directly but instead felt you had to ferret around for information about my character and myself.

It was sneaky. It was dishonest. And it was, after all of that trouble, totally unnecessary. Strike one.

But I overlooked that. I could tell you just wanted to get involved and I decided to take that at face value anyway. I shared what I knew at the time with you and finally I told you to look me up in game.

You did. And our first interaction was alright. Exactly what I expected from your character. Cael introduced Stolas to Ealuik just as he asked her to. Then the annoyances started.

Repeated locates. Mirrors for hours at a time. Thoughtcasts demanding to know what I'm doing, where I'm going, and why. I dealt with it. I reacted as ICly as I could, but damn if it didn't get irritating from time to time. I suddenly knew what it felt like to be a GMPC. I didn't have a damn moment of privacy unless I went indoors or to a warded area.

Caelumia did what Caelumia always does - she expressed her feelings to Stolas about the situation in snarky and faintly amusing (well, to me) ways. All the while I'm thinking to myself, is this what he thinks involved is? Why doesn't he actually come attempt to interact with my character?

Well, you did take a break from scripting in the zoo eventually (hey, you had to get Grandmaster Moon Mage somehow! I know you must be fond of that title since you remind everyone that you have it every bloody chance you get) and come to visit Cael after one of her "stop mirroring me or at least say something instead of staring at me like a creepy old lecher" comments. What does Stolas do? Ask her questions about Ealuik, the Children, guild politics, anything? Engage in friendly banter to try and get on her good side, especially after annoying her so badly?

Nope. You stand there, spell up right in front of me (including a maxed out Psychic Shield AND Shear; I lolled), and threaten and even slap Caelumia repeatedly - everything I would expect someone that is just trying to get consent to do (and you even admitted to this later on). Strike two.

You even go so far as to whisper to her during this after an audience gathers, saying, "Oh, now they'll think we're enemies, good." Nuh uh. You don't play those games with my character. You don't try to manipulate Mountain Elves period. That pisses them off very, very quickly, and Caelumia already has a nasty temper and an ego that could eclipse Katamba.

So it peters out when I decide the best course of action is to not accept the challenge and die horribly especially when you just stood there and spelled up before you even did or said anything. She tells Stolas to zark off and learn the rules of the game before he tries to play it. You would think you the player at least would re-evaluate your method for trying to get involved here, since you are and apparently have been convinced the only way to do so would be through one of us. You would think.

Some time later, Magmus pops into town, which tends to be kind of fun one way or another. Both Stolas and Cael apparently want to talk to him. Now, I think to myself, this guy was a really unreasonable git last time. I'm starting to find myself disliking the player now too. But in the interests of getting information out, Caelumia attempts to meet with both Magmus and Stolas, during which she would have divulged a decent bit about the crap I knew so far about the event and the lore for the benefit of you, the player.

They meet up. Stolas starts talking about something or another. Caelumia pipes up - it was an utterly benign comment regarding the death of the council, meant to be a jab at Taramaine. Stolas thumps her.

Strike three. You're out of there and so was I faster than you can shove your thumb up your rear end and spin in a circle three times, something I'll wager you're very good at by now.

Now, it's funny that after all of this and my choice to actively ignore you, you still weren't excluded from the event as you would try to claim - you could have chosen to follow it, keep up on things, keep trying to get involved, and keep interacting just like the rest of us had to. Despite your choice and despite every logical argument laid out before you to explain the event and why Ealuik did not march down to shard and deliver a scroll to you by hand based on your awesome reputation alone, you have the gall to keep posting in this reprehensibly wounded and self-important manner, to imply GM favoritism of some kind and keep pointing fingers at everyone but yourself. So you know what? I'll point the finger here.

Stolas, you are a bad roleplayer. That is why you were not involved in the event. That is why I stopped interacting with you and trying to get your character involved. Your "I am a mighty Grandmaster Moon Mage, teach me forbidden magicks pleeease!" routine is utterly flat, uninteresting, unoriginal and uninspiring, not to mention slightly pathetic. Add to this the fact that you openly claim to hoard information about events from other players yourself and any sympathy I may have had for your plight evaporates.

Get over it, buy a bloody scroll and shut the hell up already because we're all pretty sick and tired of hearing about it.

Rev. Reene

<Reene> I hope no one ever falls in love with any of my characters :X
<strk> I wouldnt worry about that
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/30/2007 08:02 AM CST
Cael, you are in a somewhat unique position of having a great deal of information that people want combined with a desire that people seek you out in game to get this information. With Ealuik being cryptic at best and unresponsive at worst, people turn to you. You have chosen to release this information in an IC fashion, which means you will be followed by people interested in becoming involved. If you don't want to be mirrored all the time, either post your damn logs or take a less prominent position in current events.

-Strk
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/30/2007 08:21 AM CST
>>SYLVERWIND's post

That was hilarious.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/30/2007 08:38 AM CST
<<You don't try to manipulate Mountain Elves period. >>

Re: Kalestraum Events 01/30/2007 10:08 AM CST
"You have chosen to release this information in an IC fashion"

In Reene's defense, I. and I assume many others, contacted her via OOC means for information regarding these events and she was very generous with her logs, knowledge, and opinions both IC and OOC.
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/30/2007 10:18 AM CST
>>In Reene's defense, I. and I assume many others, contacted her via OOC means for information regarding these events and she was very generous with her logs, knowledge, and opinions both IC and OOC.<<

It's starting to sound like she wanted to ensure her central position in this event by only personally handing out information after you approach her for it either ic and ooc.

I hope that the next time a gm picks a character to be a central player in any event that they ask the player to post logs so that everyone can enjoy the event and/or be a part of it as much as they can.
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/30/2007 10:24 AM CST
I believe Reene posted logs when something major happened. Not to point fingers but she was not the only pc that played a major part in this event that could have posted logs.

~Arwinia

Re: Kalestraum Events 01/30/2007 10:27 AM CST
>>I believe Reene posted logs when something major happened. Not to point fingers but she was not the only pc that played a major part in this event that could have posted logs.<<

I have a bad memory and she could have posted logs. I thought it was said she didn't and I don't remember reading any. I'm more wrong then not though.

She may not have been the only pc involved but she is the only one complaining about being mirrored and hounded for info.
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/30/2007 10:27 AM CST
Not really my nature to defend people I don't know, and I sure as hell don't know Reene but...

"It's starting to sound like she wanted to ensure her central position in this event by *only personally handing out information after you approach her* for it either ic and ooc."

You mean she wanted to roleplay with people? In a Roleplaying game? Get out...

-Serchah

Re: Kalestraum Events 01/30/2007 10:32 AM CST
>>You mean she wanted to roleplay with people? In a Roleplaying game? Get out...<<

I don't think posting logs of the event would stop her rp'ing in the event. It would open the event up to people who have no interest in approaching Reene or her character for information.
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/30/2007 10:40 AM CST
I feel the need to chime in. I have to say, personally I cant stand Reene. Her attitude toward people on the boards is totally unwarranted the majority of the time, and it gets under my skin. She doesnt break policy (most of the time) .. she's just a jerk (most of the time). I dont like it.

That said, I have observed these events as they unfolded. I have messaged with Reene OOCly, and my character has spoken to her in game as well. As much as I cant stand her as a person, she did do everything she could with her character, in my opinion, to make information available while remaining true to her own ideals about IC/OOC and the methods she chose to use to spread such information. There is nothing wrong with that. She could have chosen to keep quiet about what was going on, as a lot of people do, and there would have been nothing wrong with that either. This entire exchange has vastly changed my personal opinion of her. I can respect someone that will do what they can to include anyone who is interested, but has enough self respect to not compromise their own beliefs for the 'popularity' quotient.

If you didnt like the way that Reene decided her character would handle the events as they transpired, you always had the option to get involved yourself instead of chasing her around Elanthia to inject yourself into the plot.

____
>Working carefully, the orc raider tries to skin you, but barely manages to avoid sliding his own thumb off. With a muttered curse, he kicks your lifeless corpse in disgust.
Re: Kalestraum Events 01/30/2007 10:44 AM CST
>>If you didnt like the way that Reene decided her character would handle the events as they transpired, you always had the option to get involved yourself instead of chasing her around Elanthia to inject yourself into the plot.

I think that's the problem, because a lot of people felt that the information wasn't being shared the only way they believed that they could get involved would be to follow her around and ask her. I DO like Reene, and I respect her as a roleplayer but I understand the frustrations on both sides.

~Arwinia

Prev_page Previous 1