Shock Quest 03/26/2013 06:11 PM CDT
Out of curiosity, did the Shock quest go live with the rest of 3.0? I don't think the events that barely started leading into it ever ended up going anywhere, so I was just wondering. Or was there some major event activity I missed that managed to go unmentioned?

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Shock Quest 03/28/2013 01:11 PM CDT
I think the quest is live in Plat and Fallen? I'd be very surprised if it's live in Prime, since you'd think there would have been an announcement, and so many event threads are tied up with that. I haven't heard of much of anything happening Empath-guild-event-wise since the conversion.

I've been waiting to see how it plays out since Farman's been standing on circle 99 for a while, and I want Annael to award his next one. AFAIK it's still an unresolved question as to whether she will come back, or not.

~ Player of Farman et al.
Re: Shock Quest 03/28/2013 03:34 PM CDT
They didn't announce it live in Plat, but it was. If you have all the other shock mechanics active I would be greatly surprised that the quest isn't in Prime too. All the changes that were needed with associated systems are in place in Prime. It's very easy to check if you are familiar with it from Test.

As I understand it, Prime would have be having an event.

Asbhuan
Re: Shock Quest 03/28/2013 08:19 PM CDT
>>I think the quest is live in Plat and Fallen? I'd be very surprised if it's live in Prime, since you'd think there would have been an announcement, and so many event threads are tied up with that. I haven't heard of much of anything happening Empath-guild-event-wise since the conversion.

It's live in Prime, but unannounced because the guild leadership are using the guildmembers as unwitting guinea pigs to make sure it's safe. There have been events surrounding this, but people have not been posting summaries or logs.

Melete
You'll probably find
that it suits your book
to be a bit cleverer
than you look.
Observe that the easiest
method by far
is to look a bit stupider
than you are.
Re: Shock Quest 03/28/2013 10:14 PM CDT
Also, for the curious, here's the questgiver. People have been told about him IG numerous times, so it's okay for people to act like they just 'heard' he was out here, I think. I'll add some stuff to point to him to the guildleader asks once the storyline is over.

[Vela'Tohr Edge, Adder's Coil]
Soft patches of black lichen show up sparsely on the soil, intertwined with widow's lace and dark green moss. Trees of all shapes, sizes and colors writhe up from the soil in all directions. Woven amidst the branches of every tree are dark green vines tinged with a crimson gleam, a curious sign of foreboding to the experienced tracker. You also see a narrow path.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast.
>go pat
[Vela'Tohr Edge, Secluded Grove]
The sense of darkness that permeates the surrounding woods seems to be lifted here. Birds and other small creatures can be heard through the underbrush as well as rustlings of other origins. You also see Nadigo and a narrow path.
Obvious paths: none.

Melete
You'll probably find
that it suits your book
to be a bit cleverer
than you look.
Observe that the easiest
method by far
than you are.
Re: Shock Quest 03/29/2013 12:02 AM CDT
>>It's live in Prime, but unannounced because the guild leadership are using the guildmembers as unwitting guinea pigs to make sure it's safe.

Not completely unwitting... but yeah, guinea pigs.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Shock Quest 03/29/2013 01:56 AM CDT
>It's live in Prime, but unannounced because the guild leadership are using the guildmembers as unwitting guinea pigs to make sure it's safe. There have been events surrounding this, but people have not been posting summaries or logs.

>Melete

Blarg, I guess I've just been unlucky and missed out on the recent events.

Shock scar removal is part of it?

Re: Shock Quest 03/29/2013 03:04 AM CDT
>>Blarg, I guess I've just been unlucky and missed out on the recent events.

To be fair, nothing as big as Annael's Dismissal or shifting becoming illegal has happened, but stuff has been happening here and there.

>>Shock scar removal is part of it?

For now, just the shock itself. If you hit complete insensitivity, the quest is the only way to start recovering your Empathy again. The scar, you're just stuck with. For now, anyway.

If I can rig something, it might be interesting to let it just gradually fade, as normal scars do.

Melete
You'll probably find
that it suits your book
to be a bit cleverer
than you look.
Observe that the easiest
method by far
than you are.
Re: Shock Quest 03/29/2013 08:13 AM CDT
>It's live in Prime, but unannounced because the guild leadership are using the guildmembers as unwitting guinea pigs to make sure it's safe.

>Not completely unwitting... but yeah, guinea pigs.

Admit it, it's been fun working through it again and again for hours and days and months. Latest test just passed 119 IG hours.

>If I can rig something, it might be interesting to let it just gradually fade, as normal scars do.

Not like it isn't easy and significantly less onerous to get a new one now, but I would hate to see it go completely away unless it was actively removed, say by an Empath suffering a certain degree of shock. There should always be a residual taint if it fades over time.

I did BUG that question I posed in Plat Melete. Hope it made sense.

Asbhuan
Re: Shock Quest 04/06/2013 11:06 AM CDT

i want to keep my shock scar. i think there are a few of us that feel that way too. i got tainted in the lyras war too. i like the scars, i feel like they add depth to the history of the characters.
Re: Shock Quest 04/06/2013 03:31 PM CDT
>For now, just the shock itself. If you hit complete insensitivity, the quest is the only way to start recovering your Empathy again. The scar, you're just stuck with. For now, anyway.

>If I can rig something, it might be interesting to let it just gradually fade, as normal scars do.

I think it should be an active choice to remove the scar as there is a significant RP element to either having one, or not.