Prev_page Previous 1
Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 12:19 AM CST
My Empath Szrael barters for healing. She doesn't usually want anything particularly nice or expensive (healing tends to pay approximately jack anyway), but I try to engage people in the bartering because it amuses me and makes all the time spent healing up afterwards seem more worthwhile. For a novice she might ask to have ES cast on her, for a seemingly more experienced character, she might ask for amethysts or hisan salves, etc. Some people, however, do not take well to the bartering scheme.

Another undercurrent here is my irritation when people equip their new alts with lots of fancy gear, but fail to give them any money to pay their empaths with. I know that sometimes, noobs do get nice gifts from more experienced players, but every single one of them seems to claim that all of their 1000s of plats worth of stuff was a "gift." Sorry, but in cases like this, try as I might, my disbelief just won't suspend. Damnit. If some guy wearing fine silks, with extremely nice and expensive equipment tells my empath he is too poor to pay her a worthwhile wage, well...she isn't going to believe him. You can't have your cake and eat it too, sorry.

Anyway, here it is.

Pheniks asks, "Any empaths free for a bit of healing?"
You ask Pheniks, "What will you offer in return?"
Pheniks asks, "My undying affection?"
You say to Pheniks, "That is not so useful."
Pheniks asks, "Why doesn't anyone like me?"
Pheniks laughs!
You ask, "Why should I like whom I do not know?"
Hyldegaard waves to Pheniks.
Hyldegaard exclaims, "aloo!"
You say, "I will heal you for some hisan salve."
Pheniks says, "I don't have a single herb but jadice, I'm very young"
You say, "Your equipment says otherwise."
You say, "Ah well."
Pheniks asks, "Equipment is a portrayal of age?"
Pheniks laughs!
You say, "Perhaps the bearded lady will heal you in time."
You say, "You can sell off some of your finery and buy something decent to give to your healer."
Pheniks asks, "My brother gives me some gifts before he leaves for hib and It's my fault?"
Pheniks laughs!
You say, "Yes."
Pheniks says, "I've never heard of an empath demanding fineries for a bit of aid... Quite strange. But then again, I'm young maybe I don't understand how this works"
Pheniks chuckles.
Zoradysis says to Pheniks, "Some empaths feel they must be compensated for their work in materialistic means, others may just want to help."
Pheniks says, "Nice to know"
You ask, "So moon mages give away gweths? Shopkeeps give away wares?"
You say, "Hst."
Zoradysis says to Pheniks, "It's on a empath by empath basis. You'll come to learn who accepts what sorts of tips."
Pheniks says, "I'm not at liberty to be able to afford gweths or herbs yet"
Pheniks chuckles at you!
You say, "Then go pawn some of your finery."
You push at Pheniks, to no avail.
You say, "Off with you."
Sarkranis says to Pheniks, "She also accepts clothing that cannot be worn with armor." (THIS IS A JOKE, HA HA)
Pheniks whispers, "I see you after this and you die on the spot....one arrow, one eyesocket"
>whisper phen Try me.
You whisper to Pheniks.
Pheniks whispers, "I'm not the one that will, just wait for it you snert"
> ooc phen Way to bring it OOC. <3
You whisper to Pheniks.
Pheniks whispers, "I didn't do anything ooc, I just said someone's gunna kill you like the moron you are" (Okay, so saying YOU are going to kill me, and then claiming that YOU are not the one who is going to kill me, implying that you're going to have another character do it...that is in-character? Aaaaalright.)
Zoradysis asks you, "It would appear you are jealous to me, but what would I know?"
> ooc phen I'm stanced open, I can take what you can dish.
You whisper to Pheniks.
I then slept Hyldegaard, annoying Cleric girl, and Threaty Mc-Threatyson.
Pheniks just left.
(Some time passes, and THEN...)
Assailant Aidek just arrived.
You notice Aidek slip into a hiding place.
The shadowling discovers Aidek, ruining his hiding place!
Assailant Aidek just went out.
You notice Aidek trying to edge quietly past you.
The shadowling discovers Aidek, ruining his hiding place!
Aidek grabs your arm and tries to drag you, but you resist and stand firm.
You say in S'Kra Mur, "Waiting for that guy to shoot me."
You say in S'Kra Mur, "Oh hey, there he is"
[The Crossing, Magen Road]
The whitewashed building before you is stark and functional. A sign mounted on it is hand painted and carved with cunning skill. White-robed figures and all manner of injured and infirm people stream in and out of a double door, leaving thin trails of blood on the spotless pavement. You also see a wide arch and a large wooden barrel.
Obvious paths: east, south, west.
> perc heal
You close your eyes, drawing all your thoughts inward, and then slowly reach out to sense the life essences of those around you...
You sense:
An unidentifiable presence.
Roundtime: 7 seconds
(I cast HL, he runs away. I sleep him, he can't be located. Eventually the HL and NB wear off.)
You fold your arms across your chest.
> o
The whitewashed building before you is stark and functional. A sign mounted on it is hand painted and carved with cunning skill. White-robed figures and all manner of injured and infirm people stream in and out of a double door, leaving thin trails of blood on the spotless pavement. You also see a wide arch and a large wooden barrel.
> perc heal
You close your eyes, drawing all your thoughts inward, and then slowly reach out to sense the life essences of those around you...
You sense:
You sense (S) from your current position:
The presence of a town guard.
Roundtime: 8 seconds
R>
Aidek comes out of hiding.
* Aidek fires a barbed arrow at you. You evade.
The barbed arrow lands nearby!
R>
Assailant Aidek just went east.
(And that was the last I saw of the would be Assassin.)
> go doo
[Empaths' Guild, Main Room]
This is the headquarters of the Empaths' Guild. Here healers both novice and experienced gather to share techniques, methods, the latest information on healing, transferring and application of herbs. There is a small but modern library to the east. You also see a shadowling, an Empath donation shelf with some stuff on it, a bucket of viscous gloop, some smoothly worked stairs of golden oak and an Empath renown scroll.
Also here: Spell Slinger Cidolf, Bloodbeast Lueda, Doomsayer Vansiil, Brother Mikeale, Kashonna who is sitting, Caretaker Inauri, Wanderer Clintanian, Tourniquet Hyldegaard, Fighter Ragaer, Battle Empath Sarkranis, Caretaker Jables, Kerrigor, Rys who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Elyndel.
Obvious exits: northeast, east, west, down, out.
You say, "Huh."
You say, "He fired and missed."
Pheniks just arrived.
Pheniks yawns and stretches, coming out of his sleep.
You ask, "So you're not going to bring him back to try again?"
Pheniks asks, "Bring who back?" (Please.)
You say, "That cowardly fellow with the bad aim and crappy hiding skills."
Pheniks whispers, "That was just a friend offering some support. My brothers are in hib...you Don't frighten me. They've killed the likes of Asperity and Acerbity, jerk empaths don't bother me in the slightest. Watch the shadows"
Pheniks whispers, "it'll be barbarians next time"
Pheniks chuckles at you!
> whisper phen I pick my teeth with barbarians.
You whisper to Pheniks.
You display your fangs.
Pheniks whispers, "odd thing for someone to say who pretends to aid life and cannot harm others. Hope you've got an avenger who is ALOT older than you at age 40" (I guess he meant circle 40?)
Pheniks whispers, "enjoy the cold grave"
Battlecaster Pheniks just went out.
You say, "That guy just hired an asssassin who couldn't kill me, then continued to trash talk afterwards."
You say, "I don't think you get to trash talk after your assassin fails."

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 12:24 AM CST
Hahahaha.

Way to fail, dude.

Rev. Reene

Gylwyn says to you, "Heretics are often the finders of truth."
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 12:45 AM CST
I frequently stop outside the WM's Guild to heal AFKers and people that I see often.
Below is my own encounter with Pheniks, hours after his encounter (in front of me) with Szrael. All it took was a simple mention of the encounter before I turned into a poison spitting fiend that will surely ruin the lives of everyone I touch.

[Northeast Wilds, Grimsage Way]
An enormous tower of grey marble rises imposingly from the ground, its stones fitted so closely that it appears to be one seamless spear of earth. The top of the tower gleams brightly, the light reflecting from the panes of a skylight set into the roof. A set of gleaming ebonwood doors inlaid with gold lead into the tower. You also see a firewood bin.
Also here: Battlecaster Pheniks, Bayke, Daeanu, Lierian, Aules who is surrounded by an obsidian black ethereal shield, Hedgewizard Zhorro who is surrounded by a shimmering shield, Araxiel, Tieriana, Chelinde, Erades.
Obvious paths: south.
You sense:
The presence of Lierian, a fellow Empath.
Roundtime: 11 seconds
You say, "Hello."
Zhorro nods to you.
You snap to attention and hail Aules with a crisp hand salute.
You ask, "So who here is going to have a pissfit if I heal them?"
You look around, trying to appear nonchalant.
Pheniks says, "heh"
Pheniks says, "I wouldn't mind"
You ask Pheniks, "What is your name, good sir?"
Pheniks says, "Pheniks"
Aules says to you, "Inauri, my dear friend. We almost have them all captured for our experimentation."
You ask, "Aren't you the one that hired an assassin that failed to kill the empath target, because she wouldn't heal you?"
You beam at Aules!
You exclaim to Aules, "That is fantastic news!"
Pheniks says, "I don't hire asassins"
Aules grins.
Pheniks says, "She attacked me, a friend witnessed it and attempted to right a wrong"
Aules asks, "Hire an assasin?"
You say, "Uh huh."
Aules raises an eyebrow.
Aules appears to be concentrating intently on something.
Pheniks says, "If you are a friend of Szrael, the "warrior empath" just forget it. I wouldn't want your help in that case"
Pheniks says, "She makes me sick"
You say, "I am not her friend."
You say, "I am her protege."
You display your fangs.
Pheniks just tried to drag you but you pulled away.
You say, "Where are you trying to take me."
Pheniks says, "Just leave, did you come here to start a fight? This is my guild"
You say, "I came here to heal."
Aules moves over to guard you.
You say, "And this is not your guild, this is the lawn outside of it."
You smile.
Pheniks says, "I'll advise my fellow mages to watch out for your corrupted touch"
You say, "You're retarded."
Pheniks says, "Even her fellow empaths advised me to ignore the twit earlier"
Chelinde asks Pheniks, "And your point us what?"
You say, "And you're a petty warrior mage that refused to pay an empath."
Aules says to Pheniks, "I would suggest you watch your tone, young one, around my friend here. She has done nothing to harm or upset you, if you have some prior altercation with Szrael, I suggest you take it up with that empath before subjecting Inauri to unwarranted or unconsented wrath."
Pheniks says, "She's her protege, she will learn the ways of corrupt healing much like her teacher"
Tieriana says, "if ya don't like that she's here, you can always go inside"
Tieriana shrugs.
Pheniks says, "I don't mind her presence, it's that she came here directly to start a conflict"
You lean against the tower.
Aules says, "Then that, dear friend, is something by her own choice, it does not mean that she acts and or is that person you have issues with, bite your tongue before you speak, is my suggestion."
Pheniks says, "She's imposing her will as we speak"
You say, "You assume that I came here for a conflict."
Chelinde says to Pheniks, "I agree with Tieriana. She has already stated she came here to heal."
Tieriana asks, "how is she imposing her will here?"
Pheniks says, "And I offered to allow healing, and she started spouting off"
Pheniks says, "I offered quite nicely, in fact"
You say, "Apparently, I am an uncontrollable tornado of an empath and I will rot all of your souls out of your bodies and consume them."
Chelinde says to Pheniks, "I for one and grateful to the empaths that come here to heal us. They dont have to come all the way out here"
Araxiel asks, "What spell is that?"
Zhorro says, "Inauri has healed me before, she did not harm me with her touch.."
Aules says to Pheniks, "She asked a question, if you consider that trying to start something, then I suggest you look and do some research on what starting something is.."
Chelinde says to you, "Consume away"
Pheniks says, "Look, I said I wouldn't mind if she touched me up and she started spouting off about something that happened hours ago"
You beam at Chelinde!
Pheniks says, "That's all I'm saying"
You ask, "Spouted? Am I a fountain now? Am I body of water that has come here to attack you?"
You say, "You are insane."
Pheniks says, "Forget it, leave me be"
You say to Tieriana, "All clear, dear."
Aules snickers.
Name: Pheniks
Race: Human Guild: Circle:
Citizenship:
Features:
Roleplay Stance: None
PvP Stance: Closed
Quote:
Chelinde says, "Inauri is a fine empath. I met her at the tourney earlier."
Pheniks says, "It's over, forget I said anything"

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 12:46 AM CST
That was amusing. I'm not entirely sure why he thought that you not healing him without payment was grounds for assassination before you even slept him, but I've been reported and brought into a consult for refusing to heal someone once so I'm not surprised. Paraphrased:

IdiotNonpatient arrives.
IdiotNonpatient says, "Someone heal me, now!"
You say, "No, you're rude. Shove off."
IdiotNonpatient says, "I demand that you heal me, its what you do."
You say, "I don't have to heal anyone I don't want to, especially the idiots that think I have to."

Followed shortly by a joke of a consult.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386AV.
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 01:10 AM CST
>> I've been reported and brought into a consult for refusing to heal someone once

Ugh.

Just...ugh.

I wish I could say I was surprised but given some of my experiences in matters like that I'm not. :\ At least you didn't get shock!

Also lol @ Aules acting all high-minded about conflict when he goes out of his way to pick fights with people then tells people he's going to get them banned from the game when he loses.

I wonder whatever happened with that.

Rev. Reene

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 02:03 AM CST
Keep fighting the good fight Lorz. I like that you bring some interaction to empathing. Yay for not being PC run autopaths.

Nikpack

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 05:56 AM CST
Ah, Aidek, the character my Cleric got an RPA for thumping and telling off.

Amusingly, what he was zomg livid about in her case was that she stated that she won't assist corpses who lie there without speaking or requesting help. She actually rejuved the corpse he brought in, because it asked for it!

He called her a nasty name in whispers and report-baited me, and then when the corpse was up it dragged her around a bit and tried to get her outside the cleric guild.

All in all, he fails pretty deeply and if "Pheniks" of the stupid name is one of his alts, I'm going to do my best to avoid him. I'm also guessing that "Ryain" is him, as that was the corpse he dragged in who immediately started harassing the cleric as soon as she thumped Aidek.

If that's the case, I think you should be a little insulted that he didn't bring in his highest lvl char to deal with Szrael! ;)
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 09:24 AM CST
Ryain is a moron. I owe him a killing come to think of it.

Always good to know the alts of an OOC idiot.

Rev. Reene

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 09:24 AM CST
ha

ahahaha

ahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 09:43 AM CST
A+ for Szrael's bartering. My cleric offered a prayer to Hav'roth after she healed him (I only had to offer 5 silver at the start), and I enjoyed the opportunity to think creatively and use that nice RP function that clerics have. And LOL at the people who think empaths HAVE to heal you for free.

~Thilan
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 10:08 AM CST
Healing is a priviledge, not a right. Most of us stopped caring about healing when we got our 10 or less abilities that actually do something

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 10:21 AM CST
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for this thread. Laughter is a great way to wake up. <3

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Idon Raider - www.idonraiders.com
"Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?" - Walt Whitman
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 11:16 AM CST

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thats so damn funny.

I think Szrael is top notch. Gotta love a fiesty empath.

Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 11:20 AM CST
You say, "I am not her friend."
You say, "I am her protege."
You display your fangs.

Meeeoowwwwww

Also:
Pheniks just tried to drag you but you pulled away.

Now consent discussions that reflect on the original condition of CLOSED RvP; shouldn't dragging someone put you into the GUARDED position?

These zillion examples of "should'nt doing this or doing that" automatically switch that person from CLOSED to GUARDED?

Well.

If you had such a way to just compile a list of verbs that will trigger CLOSED to GUARDED, you could add them over time at your leisure. Wouldn't be such a silly idea - and the laundry list of trigger verbs could come at your whims.

But the change in someone's PvP Status would tell them that they are UNREPORTABLE for RP Related PvP. If a report is generated, someone has a story somewhere. It would have to be a random killing for it to be reportable.

:oP Ragran
Idon Raider

___"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves"

_____www.idonraiders.com
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 12:28 PM CST
<3 Szrael.

If Rmel wasn't already bonded... winkwinkwink.

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 01:35 PM CST
>> If Rmel wasn't already bonded... winkwinkwink.

There ith alwayth the pothible prothpect of an exthramarital relationthip.

Rev. Reene

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 02:04 PM CST
lol much love for Rmel.. even though he vows to kill Drevid.

Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 02:11 PM CST
We miss Rmel out on M'rithth. :-(
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 02:32 PM CST
<3 Szrael.

I'm getting irritated with people immediately talking trash OOC over the slightest possibility of a conflict. Whispers like that should grant consent.

And if your 'friends' are going to load down your new characters with expensive things, ask them for a few plats with which to tip your empaths.
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 02:35 PM CST
>> I'm getting irritated with people immediately talking trash OOC over the slightest possibility of a conflict.

My response:

>ooc nutcase I play DR to roleplay. You are currently detracting from my enjoyment of the game by being out of character. If you are not interested in pursuing a roleplayed conflictual situation without breaking character then please cease interacting with me.
>avoid !whisper

Rev. Reene

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 03:18 PM CST
<3 szreal and inuari! so awesome!

i love that szreal chooses to barter for healing. the fact is we are not really thear to happily heal everyone that walks in the door. every other guild has characters with different personalities and different ways of playing, why shouldn't we?
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 04:13 PM CST
Szrael is always a first choice of a healer for Drex. She doesn't hug after. I suddenly hope I pay her enough, considering she doesn't force hugs on Drex.
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 04:43 PM CST
>> i love that szreal chooses to barter for healing.

I'm annoyed and spiteful that all of the Empaths I really like for reasons like this also won't take payment from me anymore. :\

Rev. Reene

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 05:40 PM CST
Well played, Szrael.

-Thief Clemency Tulisar'Chirloa
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/24/2008 09:26 PM CST
Kudos to you Szrael and thanks for posting. I needed a laugh today.

My empath just doesnt heal anymore for the most part due to annoyances like this.
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/25/2008 08:34 AM CST
Leave it to the Empaths to get all lovey dovey in the Conflicts folder.

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/25/2008 04:21 PM CST
They don't call you Sugarsnout for nothing.

Nikpack

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/25/2008 11:40 PM CST
Ryain finally got around to attacking me. Here are the results.

Ryain just arrived.
Gladiator Ryain just went out.
You say, "Hmm."
Your head throbs as your perceptions are overwhelmed.
Roundtime: 6 seconds
You are stunned!
You open your mouth, then close it suddenly, looking somewhat like a fish.
Gladiator Ryain just arrived.
Ryain grabs your arm and drags you out with him . . .
Also here: Gladiator Ryain.
A sturdy caravan arrives from the south.
But you are already dodging!
Ryain begins to advance on you!
Ryain is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
* Ryain fires a silver-tipped arrow at you. You evade.
The silver-tipped arrow lands nearby!
You put your paper in your black backpack. (THIS IS NO TIME FOR ORIGAMI)
>prep hl
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
Ryain draws forth a bastard sword.
Ryain closes to pole weapon range on you!
Ryain closes to melee range on you!
You retreat back to pole range.
> harn 5
Roundtime: 3 seconds
Ryain begins to advance on you!
Ryain advances from nearby and is closing steadily.
Ryain says, "now you die"
>harn 5
> Roundtime: 3 seconds
* Ryain steps backward and then slices at you. You dodge.
> harn 5
You gesture at Ryain.
You link your heart's rhythm to Ryain, and feel his heart shudder as its natural beat is forced to match your own.
Ryain says, "Hah"
You retreat back to pole range.
You retreat from combat.
[Empaths' Guild, Main Room]
Obvious exits: northeast, east, west, down, out.
>prep nb
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
> harn 15
> Roundtime: 3 seconds
You gesture.
You are unable to keep some of the mana from leaking out of the spell pattern.
You feel Ryain fall under the effects of your spell.
(Caelumia locates, I find him.)
You believe Ryain is nearby, but out of sight.
You search around for a moment.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
You notice Ryain, who is quite obviously attempting to remain hidden.
You point at Ryain, ruining his hiding place.
Round time: 2 sec.
With a warrior's calm, a pure white alfar avenger steps in and surveys the area.
You begin to advance on Ryain.
You are now set to use your attack stance.
Your heart continues its slow, steady rhythm.
You close to pole weapon range on Ryain.
The alfar avenger begins to advance on Ryain.
You close to melee range on Ryain.
> prep leth
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required
The alfar avenger closes to melee range on Ryain.
> harn 5
>harn 5
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
> harn 5
Moving like a striking snake, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain partially blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The blade lands a harmless blow to his chest!
You gesture at Ryain.
You are unable to keep some of the mana from leaking out of the spell pattern.
Red tendrils shoot from your fingertips and arc towards Ryain, wrapping themselves around his limbs.
Roundtime: 4 seconds
Ryain looks more lethargic.
Moving as one fluid extension of power, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain partially blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The blade lands a brushing strike to his left leg!
You grab hold of Ryain in a tight grip. Ryain grips you back.
Ryain springs to his feet in a sudden burst of vicious strength!
You push Ryain away, breaking his grip on you!
Roundtime: 4 sec.
Ryain's lips move almost unconsciously before a roar of rage issues forth, as coldly precise as the chill of the grave.
You feel less confident in your ability to attack.
A pure white alfar avenger appears less confident in its ability to attack.
Spookey brushs off Ryain's weak attempt to weaken his ability to attack.
Moving fluidly, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
Ryain bares his teeth in a vicious snarl as he stares around, wild-eyed.
You stalk Ryain in a circle, looking for an opening.
Moving with incredible power and control, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
Ryain pushes at you, to no avail.
Moving like a striking snake, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
Ryain tries to push you but you don't budge!
Moving with powerful grace, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
Moving in with powerful grace, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
Moving like a striking snake, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain partially blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The blade lands a grazing strike to his chest!
Fluidly, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
You stalk Ryain in a circle, managing to get slightly to one side.
Moving in gracefully, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
You shake your head briefly to clear the last vestiges of the intimidating roar from your psyche.
Moving with powerful grace, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
* Ryain punches his crystal knuckleguard at you. You evade.
You stalk Ryain in a circle, looking for an opening.
Moving like a striking snake, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain partially blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The blade lands a harmless blow to his left hand!
With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain partially blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The blade lands a harmless blow to his chest!
You weave back and forth in a dance-like motion, drawing your opponent's attention away from the fight.
Moving as one fluid extension of power, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
You shove Ryain to his knees.
Ryain springs to his feet in a sudden burst of vicious strength!
Moving like a striking snake, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
You stalk Ryain in a circle, managing to get slightly to one side.
Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain partially blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The blade lands a brushing hit to his abdomen!
Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain partially blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The blade lands a grazing blow to his left leg!
With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
Caelumia casually observes the area.
You say, "He can't hit me."
You snicker.
Driving in with naturally fluid movements, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
Battlecaster Pheniks just arrived.
Caelumia says, "I'm shocked, really."
You say, "But Fred can't hit him."
You sigh.
With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
Pheniks grabs Ryain's arm and tries to drag him, but he doesn't budge.
Pheniks just left.
Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a
A cruel smile spreads across Ryain's face as he releases a savage roar. He draws his arm back as if unconsciously mimicking Trothfang's spearing thrust, filled with all the butchery inherent in that name.
You brush off Ryain's weak attempt to weaken your limbs.
A pure white alfar avenger, Spookey and Caelumia shake off Ryain's failed attempt to weaken their limbs.
Moving like a striking snake, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain partially blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The blade lands a glancing strike to his neck!
You say, "He woke up after Fred attacked him."
Moving like a striking snake, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain partially blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The blade lands a grazing strike to his right leg!
Moving fluidly, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Ryain. Ryain blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
* Ryain slices a bastard sword at you. You evade.
* Ryain chops a bastard sword at you. You dodge.

This basically went on and on. My avenger couldn't hit him (surprise surprise), but he couldn't hit me. He could hit my avenger, so I'd just dismiss it and snap off another one. He said he was going to leave, so Caelumia pinned him down with dazzle, but Craetos dragged him off and he hid in the Barbarian guild. He also kept being woken up while my avenger was attacking him, but I couldn't re-sleep him 'cause of the NB bug. Boo hoo.

Anyway. I thought this was an amusing finale to our little conflict.

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/25/2008 11:45 PM CST
I kilt Craetos for Szrael's honor.

I think a feud is a'brewin'.

Rev. Reene

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/26/2008 01:57 AM CST
LOL

Oh my god... I'm pretty sure I'd have to quit all RPGs forever if I became so obsessed that I dragged two alts into a stupid conflict I'd started and then failed that hard.

Thank you for the laughs again.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
"Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?" - Walt Whitman
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/26/2008 08:25 AM CST
>I kilt Craetos for Szrael's honor.

>I think a feud is a'brewin'.

I may have to involve Rmel in defense of his thuper thekret cruth.

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/26/2008 08:51 AM CST
Szrael,

I just wanted to applaud you for sending out the message that empaths can be tough. I would love to read logs from similar situations if anyone has them. I'm working on my defenses like pretty much every empath should but my offenses need some work. I'm sure the player of those characters was expecting and easy empath mark and you humiliated them both and hopefully taught a good lesson. Nice job.
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/26/2008 09:01 AM CST
<<Ryain finally got around to attacking me.>>

me too. ryain was smote.

But the log is funny cuz its khali faling an attack on me, and gothus one-hitting him.

then i finish off ryain. will post it later on.

khali has been great though. And i was REALLY harsh (kilt him fresh out of jail, etc)

:oP Ragran
Idon Raider
____We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves

_____www.idonraiders.com
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/26/2008 09:57 AM CST
>I would love to read logs from similar situations if anyone has them.

Here is my favorite one, taken from the Smelly Cat Boards. Courtesy of Acerbity and Asperity.

Background: Stolas was on the gweth accusing Zadie's group of being a mob that harassed innocent citizens. Arnath called him out, death threats were exchanged, Stolas ran through our room half a billion times MBing people including Acerbity, then the following happened.

You hear the voice of Zadie say, "Hi"

Zadie comes out of hiding.
Zadie snuggles up to Craetos.
H> perc heal
You sense:
The presence of Craetos.
The presence of Acerbity, a fellow Empath.
The presence of Xinge.
The presence of Fintrial.
The presence of Martyka.
The presence of Olyandir.
The presence of Zadie, a fellow Empath.
A relatively healthy presence nearby.
You sense (NE) from your current position:
The presence of Satchiko.
The presence of Semgrey.
The presence of Worrclan.
You sense (E) from your current position:
You sense (SE) from your current position:
The presence of Pythea.
The presence of Navak.
The presence of Jenealle.
The presence of a dappled Forfedhdarian tarupamki.
You sense (NE, SE) from your current position:
The presence of Celitha.
The presence of Heartsfyre, a fellow Empath.

Craetos catches Zadie up in a fierce embrace, swinging her around exuberantly.
H> "East and hidden
Zadie smiles, revealing the dimples in her cheeks.

You say, "East and hidden"

Arnath searches around for a moment.
Arnath has spotted you!

You notice Acerbity slip into a hiding place.

Olyandir digs away at a shallow trench with his hand spade.

Stolas reveals himself.
Stolas gestures at Arnath.
Arnath drops his copperwood longbow to clutch his head.

With a sly smile, Stolas murmurs a tenebrous phrase.

Acerbity comes out of hiding.

Arnath shakes his head in pain!

You notice Zadie slip into a hiding place.

Arnath shakes his head in pain!
H>l
[Behind the Amphitheater, Excavation Site]
You also see a copperwood longbow with a razor-tipped arrow on it, a pure white alfar avenger, a fine platinum chain, a faded red homespun cloth with some stuff on it and a faded red homespun cloth with some stuff on it.
Also here: Shadowmancer Stolas, a stunned Surgeon Arnath, Duelist Craetos, Empath Acerbity, Agent Xinge, Ruffian Fintrial, Big Shot Martyka, Professor Olyandir, Delinquent Zadie who is hiding
Obvious paths: northeast, east, southeast, west.

Acerbity just touched Arnath.

Stolas begins to focus on Arnath!

Stolas seems to be concentrating intently on something.

Arnath's twitching looks better.

A crackling stream of energy flies at Arnath.
A sickening crunch comes from Arnath as his chest collapses like an accordian. An awkward moment passes before the pathetically flailing limbs fall away from the tortured body in an explosion of flesh and sinew.
* Arnath is slain before your eyes!
The translucent sphere around Arnath suddenly pops like a soap bubble.

Acerbity just touched Arnath.

Stolas frowns.

Fintrial appears to be concentrating intently on something.

Stolas begins to weep softly.

Zandari just arrived.
H> prep hl 20
You close your eyes and breathe deeply, gathering energy for the Heart Link spell.

Fintrial bows his head and chants a prayer.

You notice Stolas slip into a hiding place.
H> point stol
You hear someone murmur.

You come out of hiding.
You point at Stolas, ruining his hiding place.

Martyka whispers, "grab his bow?"

>hide

You see Stolas glance at you as you hide.
You see Xinge glance at you as you hide.
You blend in with your surroundings, but know you drew some attention to yourself.

Fintrial gestures his arms in a wide arc, slowly bringing his hands together to steeple his fingers.
Fintrial's eyes flare with an ethereal blue glow as his body grows rigid, contorting against the unmistakable throes of great pain.

Stolas points at you, ruining your hiding place.
>cast stol
You gesture at Stolas.
You link your heart's rhythm to Stolas, and feel his heart shudder as its natural beat is forced to match your own.
>e
[Behind the Amphitheater, Center of the Dig]
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west.
>e
You also see a cobblestone.
Also here: Corporal Celitha, Chief Surgeon Heartsfyre
Obvious paths: southwest, west, northwest.

Heartsfyre puts her chain in her oilcloth rucksack.
>prep nb 25
You close your eyes and breathe deeply, gathering energy for the Nissa's Binding spell.
>hide
You see Celitha glance at you as you hide.
You blend in with your surroundings, but know you drew some attention to yourself.

Heartsfyre gets a durable steel hand spade with an etched platinum handle from inside her oilcloth rucksack.

H> harness 10
You tap into the mana from ten of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.

Heartsfyre digs away at a shallow trench with her hand spade.

Corporal Celitha just went west.

Heartsfyre closes her eyes for a moment and grows still.

H> cast
You come out of hiding.
You gesture.
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.
You feel Stolas fall under the effects of your spell.

Empath Acerbity just arrived.

With a warrior's calm, a pure white alfar avenger steps in and surveys the area.
> prep gs 30
You close your eyes and breathe deeply, gathering energy for the Guardian Spirit spell.

Acerbity asks, "Where?"
> cast avenger
You gesture at a pure white alfar avenger.
Your heart skips a beat as your spell sends a subtle jingling call outward from you in all directions.
>"I don't know
You say, "I don't know"

Acerbity clasps your hand tenderly and draws you into his arms.

Empath Acerbity's group just went west.
Also here: Empath Acerbity, Mageling Zandari, the body of Surgeon Arnath who is lying down, Duelist Craetos, Agent Xinge, Ruffian Fintrial, Big Shot Martyka, Professor Olyandir, Delinquent Zadie
Obvious paths: northeast, east, southeast, west.

Fintrial rakes the area with his eyes, searching for something unseen.

The color in Fintrial's eyes changes, the pupil gradually fading from sight as his eyes turn pale-blue in color.

[Behind the Amphitheater, Supply Stand]
Also here: Empath Acerbity
Obvious paths: east.

Empath Acerbity's group wandered down a grass path leading to the town green.
[The Crossing, Town Green Southeast]
Also here: Empath Acerbity, Master Ranger Faragin
Obvious paths: north, west, northwest.

Empath Acerbity's group just went north.
[The Crossing, Town Green Northeast]
Obvious paths: south, southwest, west.

[The Crossing, Town Green North]
Also here: Empath Acerbity, Goldlady
Obvious paths: north, east, southeast, south, southwest, west.

Acerbity searches around for a moment.
J> search
You see signs that someone is about, but fail to discover their location in the room.

JR> get my dia lav

You get a diamond lavaliere from inside your foraging satchel.

J> rub my lav
You rub your diamond lavaliere.
You get a vision of a wide awake and open eye, and suddenly feel luckier.
You carefully stop the flow of magic, limiting the loss to one charge.
Roundtime: 2 seconds.

JR> search
You notice the vague silhouette of Stolas.
JR> point stol
I could not find what you were referring to.
J> "Inviso.

You say, "Inviso."

Acerbity nods.
J> pond
You ponder.

Acerbity begins to advance on Stolas.

You notice Acerbity slip into a hiding place.

You notice Acerbity as he stealthily closes to pole weapon range on Stolas.
J>hide
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.

Acerbity comes out of hiding.
Acerbity gets some deep violet powder from inside his herb pouch.

Acerbity closes to melee range on Stolas.

Acerbity tosses his deep violet powder into the air, creating a misty, deep violet cloud of dust!
The deep violet powder reveals Stolas's invisible location.

The alfar avenger begins to advance on Stolas.

Acerbity closes his eyes and breathes deeply.

Acerbity gestures at Stolas.
Stolas gasps and gives Acerbity a startled look.

The alfar avenger closes to pole weapon range on Stolas.

Corporal Celitha just arrived.

Bluewither just arrived.

The alfar avenger closes to melee range on Stolas.

Bluewither just went south.

Stolas's black cage writhes.
Moving as one fluid extension of power, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Stolas. Stolas fails to evade, taking the full blow. The blade lands a good strike that barely pierces the skin to nick the chest!

Bluewither just arrived.

Stolas's black cage writhes.
Moving like a striking snake, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Stolas. Stolas barely blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield. The blade lands a good strike that tears the skin over the left elbow!

Bluewither grabs Stolas and drags him south with her.

Empath Acerbity just went south.
[The Crossing, Town Green South]
Also here: Empath Acerbity, Shadowmancer Stolas who is lying down, Bluewither
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, south, west, northwest.

Corporal Celitha just arrived.
HJ>s
You come out of hiding.
[The Crossing, Lunat Shade Road]
Also here: Shadowmancer Stolas who is lying down, Bluewither
Obvious paths: north, east, south.

Empath Acerbity just arrived.

Acerbity says, "Do not aid him."

Acerbity gestures.

Empath Acerbity just went south.

Lots of running around and recasting NB...

[Outside East Wall, Footpath]
You also see a pure white alfar avenger.
Also here: Empath Acerbity who is sleeping
Obvious paths: north, southeast, southwest.
J>n
Obvious paths: north, south.
J> search
You notice the vague silhouette of Stolas.
J>hide
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.

You get an odd feeling that someone is watching you. It quickly passes.

Stolas wobbles slightly, then collapses into a deep sleep.

Empath Acerbity's group just arrived.

Acerbity gets some deep violet powder from inside his herb pouch.

Acerbity tosses his deep violet powder into the air, creating a misty, deep violet cloud of dust!
The deep violet powder reveals Stolas's invisible location.
J> l
You also see a pure white alfar avenger and a pure white alfar avenger.
Also here: Agent Xinge, Empath Acerbity, Shadowmancer Stolas who is sleeping
Obvious paths: north, south.

The world suddenly feels a little more foreboding.

Acerbity closes to pole weapon range on Stolas.

Acerbity says, "Prepare for Cel."

J> "Hi Xinge.
You say, "Hi Xinge."

Acerbity says, "She'll try to drag him."

Xinge says, "Hi"
J> "Who?
You ask, "Who?"

Stolas mumbles something in his sleep.

Acerbity says, "Celitha."

J> "Oh gods.
You say, "Oh gods."

Moving in with powerful grace, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Stolas. Stolas barely blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield. The blade lands a solid hit that just barely penetrates the skin to nick the stomach ('Tis but a scratch!)!

Moving with incredible power and control, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Stolas. Stolas attempts to dodge, moving directly into the blow. The blade lands a hard hit that shatters the right elbow into grinding splinters!

Stolas stands up.

Driving in like an adept combatant, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Stolas. Stolas barely blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield. The blade lands a hard hit that cuts deeply across the pectoral muscles!

Stolas retreats from combat.

Stolas retreats from combat.

Shadowmancer Stolas just went north.

You close your eyes and breathe deeply, gathering energy for the Nissa's Binding spell.

J>hide

HJ> cast
Calmly, a pure white alfar avenger steps away.

You come out of hiding.
You gesture.
You feel Stolas fall under the effects of your spell.

You feel your Heart Link reduced to a murmur.
J> find stolas
There are no adventurers in the realms that match the names specified.
The syntax for this command is:
FIND [player 1] [player 2] ... [player 9]
It provides a list of those players who are in the realms.

Regrouped and ran around some more...

[Kaerna Village, Intersection]
You also see a roadsign.
Also here: Agent Xinge, Empath Acerbity, Relica, Bluewither who is lying down, Goldlady who is sleeping, Decision Maker Ahnoui, Heartless Exiar
Obvious paths: northeast, south, west.

Acerbity says, "Do not aid them."

Bluewither stands up.

Acerbity gestures at Bluewither.
A soft crackle briefly comes from Acerbity's direction.

Bluewither folds her arms across her chest.

A soft crackle briefly comes from Acerbity's direction.

J> "Dragging Stolas? For shame.
You say, "Dragging Stolas? For shame."

Acerbity begins to advance on Goldlady.

The alfar avenger begins to advance on Goldlady.

Bluewither's skin briefly withers and tightens, becoming unnaturally gaunt as she mutters some foul phrase.
J>prep hl 20
You close your eyes and breathe deeply, gathering energy for the Heart Link spell.

Acerbity closes to pole weapon range on Goldlady.

Acerbity gestures.

The alfar avenger closes to pole weapon range on Goldlady.

Acerbity closes to melee range on Goldlady.

Heartless Exiar's group just went south.

Relica says, "Hey"

The alfar avenger closes to melee range on Goldlady.

Relica says, "She did nothing."

Bluewither gestures at Acerbity.
A sheet of slippery ice forms beneath Acerbity!
Acerbity screams as his feet slide out from under him and goes crashing to the ground flat on his back!

Acerbity says, "She dragged someone."

Moving like a striking snake, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Goldlady. Goldlady attempts to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The blade lands a heavy strike that etches a light cut into the right side of the chest!

Goldlady stands up.
J> cast blue
You gesture at Bluewither.
You link your heart's rhythm to Bluewither, and feel her heart shudder as its natural beat is forced to match your own.

Bluewither's skin briefly withers and tightens, becoming unnaturally gaunt as she mutters some foul phrase.
J>prep nb 25

Bluewither begins to focus on Acerbity!

Goldlady gets a katar from inside her leather sheath.

Driving in like an adept combatant, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Goldlady. Goldlady fails to evade, failing miserably. The blade lands a strong hit that cuts the lumbar region just enough to bleed a little, lightly stunning her!

Goldlady slowly tips over and falls down.

Relica says, "She dragged Bluewither."

Driving in like an unbeatable force, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Goldlady. Goldlady fails to evade, leaning wrong and blundering into the blow. The blade lands a heavy strike that bites deeply into the left calf!
J> drag blue s
You grab Bluewither's arm and try to drag her, but she doesn't budge.
Roundtime: 3 seconds.

You notice Goldlady slip into a hiding place.
The alfar avenger discovers Goldlady, ruining her hiding place!

Goldlady laughs!
J>
Driving in like an unbeatable force, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Goldlady. Goldlady attempts to dodge, moving directly into the blow. The blade lands an extremely heavy hit that explodes the heart and lungs with a bone-shattering blow to the chest!
* Goldlady is slain before your eyes!
Goldlady's katar falls to the ground.
J> get kat
You pick up a katar.
J>stow kat
You put your katar in your oilcloth rucksack.

Xinge grabs Acerbity and drags him west with him.

J>cast
You gesture.
You feel Bluewither fall under the effects of your spell.
J>l
advance blue
Even in the cool of the night the village remains active. A soft, cheery glow shines from the windows and open doorway of the Gilded Unicorn Inn, and a few traders are yet about checking their camels, inspecting their wagons, or preparing for the morning's excursions to come. The stars overhead seem to stretch on forever, the moons smiling benevolently down on the sleeping village. You also see a pure white alfar avenger, a pure white alfar avenger and a roadsign.
Also here: Relica, Bluewither who is sleeping, the body of Goldlady who is lying down

You begin to advance on Bluewither.

Goldlady wobbles slightly, then collapses into a deep sleep.
J> prep hl 20

The alfar avenger begins to advance on Bluewither.

Calmly, a pure white alfar avenger steps away.

You close to pole weapon range on Bluewither.

The alfar avenger closes to pole weapon range on Bluewither.

Relica protects Bluewither from being engaged.
You close to melee range on Relica.

J> cast relic
You gesture at Relica.
You link your heart's rhythm to Relica, and feel her heart shudder as its natural beat is forced to match your own.
J> prep nb 25

Relica tries to back out of combat but is unable to get away from you!

The alfar avenger closes to melee range on Bluewither.

Moving with powerful grace, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Bluewither. Bluewither attempts to dodge, taking the full blow. The blade lands a good strike that etches a light cut into the right side of the chest!

Moving with incredible power and control, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Bluewither. Bluewither fails to evade, leaning wrong and blundering into the blow. The blade lands a hard hit that rips into the right calf!

Empath Acerbity's group just arrived.

J> cast
You gesture.
Your spell does not affect the sleeping Bluewither.
You feel Relica fall under the effects of your spell.

Driving in like an unbeatable force, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Bluewither. Bluewither attempts to dodge, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The blade lands a heavy strike that tears flesh and cartilage as the right leg is ripped clean below the knee (Better order that peg leg!)!

Moving with incredible power and control, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Bluewither. Bluewither attempts to evade, moving directly into the blow. The blade lands a strong hit that slashes skin and sinew along the back to expose the spinal cord (Nasty!), lightly stunning her!

Driving in like an adept combatant, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Bluewither. Bluewither barely blocks with a shield sanguine bearing two panthers argent combatant. The blade lands a heavy strike that explodes the heart and lungs with a bone-shattering blow to the chest!
* Bluewither is slain before your eyes!

The alfar avenger begins to advance on Relica.

Acerbity nods to you.

Acerbity motions to Relica.
J> "Relica was guarding her.
Acerbity appears to be concentrating intently on something.

You say, "Relica was guarding her."
J>
The alfar avenger closes to pole weapon range on Relica.
J> "Nahh.
You say, "Nahh."

Acerbity nods.

Acerbity asks, "Are we done here?"
J>l
You also see a pure white alfar avenger, a pure white alfar avenger and a roadsign.
Also here: Agent Xinge, Empath Acerbity, Relica who is sleeping, the body of Bluewither who is lying down, the body of Goldlady who is sleeping

The alfar avenger closes to melee range on Relica.
J> "Yeap.
You say, "Yeap."

Moving as one fluid extension of power, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Relica. Relica attempts to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The blade lands an extremely heavy hit that tears flesh and cartilage as the right leg is ripped clean below the knee (Better order that peg leg!), lightly stunning her!

Acerbity says, "Uh, it's attacking her."

Acerbity glances at you.
J> think Teehee.
You concentrate on projecting your thoughts.

Moving as one fluid extension of power, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Relica. Relica attempts to dodge, taking the full blow. The blade lands an extremely heavy hit that amputates the left arm and a good deal of the shoulder in a crippling blow, knocking her completely senseless!

Moving in with powerful grace, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Relica. Relica fails to dodge, taking the full blow. The blade lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that explodes the heart and lungs with a bone-shattering blow to the chest!
* Relica is slain before your eyes!
Relica's sirese leaf tea falls to the ground.
J> "Oh wait.
You say, "Oh wait."

Xinge says, "Oof"

Acerbity exclaims, "Oh well!"
J>J> "NEVERMIND.
You say, "NEVERMIND."

Acerbity exclaims, "Oops!"
J>l
You also see a cup of sirese leaf tea, a taffelberry tart, a pure white alfar avenger, a pure white alfar avenger and a roadsign.
Also here: Agent Xinge, Empath Acerbity, the body of Relica who is lying down, the body of Bluewither who is lying down, the body of Goldlady who is sleeping

Xinge says, "Didnt get her in time"

Acerbity clasps your hand tenderly and draws you into his arms.

Empath Acerbity's group just went south.
[Kaerna Village, By the Well]
You also see a town gate and the town well off to the side.
Also here: Agent Xinge, Empath Acerbity
Obvious paths: north.

Heartless Exiar's group came through a town gate.

Ahnoui says, "Exiar I'm so sorry."
J>
J> stow
You put your lavaliere in your oilcloth rucksack.

Heartless Exiar's group just went north.

We went back to the amphitheater and hung out with Zadie, Pythea and Oly for about an hour while waiting for Stolas to come back. Zadie notices him log back in and we ditch everyone for the NTR.

Empath Acerbity's group just went northeast.
[Northern Trade Road, Forest]
The trees grow in abundance about you, their tops brushing the dark sky above, their leaves flittering against each other in the night breeze. The soft sound of wings alerts you to the presence of a night hunter, and the broken-off cry that follows tells you that the hunter's prey has been found once more. Also here: Empath Acerbity, Shadowmancer Stolas who is sleeping
Obvious paths: east, southwest.
J> nod
You nod.

Stolas just left.
>l
The trees grow in abundance about you, their tops brushing the dark sky above, their leaves flittering against each other in the night breeze. The soft sound of wings alerts you to the presence of a night hunter, and the broken-off cry that follows tells you that the hunter's prey has been found once more. Also here: Empath Acerbity
J>"No way.
You say, "No way."

Zadie and co catch up to us and we proceed to goof around some more, then the group disbands. About 30 minutes later, Stolas logs in again.

Empath Acerbity's group just went northeast.
Also here: Empath Acerbity, Shadowmancer Stolas (sleeping)

Acerbity closes to pole weapon range on Stolas.

You continue to instruct your students on evasion.
Acerbity is hanging on your every word, seeming to want more.

Driving in like an adept combatant, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Stolas. Stolas attempts to dodge, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The blade lands a strong hit that rips skin and exposes bloody cartilage under the left kneecap!

Driving in like an unbeatable force, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Stolas. Stolas barely blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield. The blade lands a solid hit that nearly tears the entire left quadricep clean from the bone!

Driving in with naturally fluid movements, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Stolas. Stolas barely blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield. The blade lands a solid hit that cleaves the right arm from the shoulder!

Driving in like an unbeatable force, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Stolas. Stolas barely blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield. The blade lands a hard hit that lays open the skin of the right cheek down to the bone, stunning him!

With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Stolas. Stolas fails to evade, taking the full blow. The blade lands a heavy strike that cuts deeply into muscle on the right thigh!

Stolas stands up.

Acerbity gestures.
Stolas wobbles slightly, then collapses into a deep sleep.

Driving in like an unbeatable force, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Stolas. Stolas barely blocks with a gargoyle-hide shield. The blade lands a very heavy hit that severs his left hand and sends it flying through the air, dealing him a vicious stun!
J> "Finally. You are a very tricksy moon mage.
You say, "Finally. You are a very tricksy moon mage."

Stolas's in shock and dying!

Driving in with naturally fluid movements, a pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Stolas. Stolas fails to evade, taking the full blow. The blade lands a very heavy hit that rips through muscle and organs, cutting the foe cleanly in half!
* Stolas is slain before your eyes!
J> l
You notice a pure white alfar avenger and a pure white alfar avenger.
Also here: Empath Acerbity, the body of Shadowmancer Stolas (prone)

J> l stolas
You see Shadowmancer Stolas Ari'uhn, Legendary Moon Mage of the Progeny, an Elothean.
You cannot make out his features with the clothing he is wearing.
He appears to be dead! Other than that...
He has cuts and bruises about the neck, an ugly stump for a right arm, minor swelling and bruising around the left arm compounded by deep cuts across the left arm, deep slashes across the right leg, a broken left leg with gaping holes, an ugly stump for a right hand, an ugly stump for a left hand, deep slashes across the chest area, a completely destroyed abdomen with nearly all flesh and bone torn away revealing a gaping hole, a bruised and swollen right eye.
He is bleeding with slight bruising in the right arm, slightly from the chest, slightly from the right arm, slightly from the left arm, with slight bruising in the abdomen, with slight bruising in the left hand, slightly from the right leg, badly from the left hand and slightly from the left leg.
He is wearing a skull-beaded hooded nightsilk cloak stitched with a scarlet bat-winged skull, a polished black stone ring engraved with a worn crest, a chain balaclava, a gargoyle-hide shield, a lumpy bundle, a braided spidersilk satchel, an elegant spidersilk traveler's backpack, a shadowy black mage's robe shot through with silver and red threads, some mail gloves and a padded leather archaeologist's toolbag.

Acerbity says, "You could say that."

Acerbity grins at you.

You continue to instruct your students on evasion.
Acerbity listens, enraptured and enthralled by your teachings.
J> whisper ace We can leave now!
You whisper to Acerbity.

Empath Acerbity's group just went southwest.
[Northern Trade Road, Open Grasslands]
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest.

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/26/2008 11:38 AM CST
>>Rmel's post

Now that's inspirational. Makes me wish I'd continued to train my battle empath.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/26/2008 11:40 AM CST
>> Now that's inspirational. Makes me wish I'd continued to train my battle empath.

Stolas wasn't that great.

But Ace is still pretty awesome.

Rev. Reene

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/26/2008 12:19 PM CST
>>Stolas wasn't that great.

I know, but it doesn't really matter who it was. Watching a pair of empaths regulate like that at all is outstanding.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/26/2008 12:23 PM CST
Szrael has killed a goodly number of people but her avenger is weaksauce so the logs aren't as fun as Ace and Asp's. There are a few of the better ones up on Smelly Cat. I know Arwinia must have a few, too.

Here's one from a few months ago when Szrael was 32nd circle. She kicked Derovius out of the Empath guild after he threatened to kill another Empath, at which point he gwethed that he was going to kill Szrael, so Szrael went to find him.

Derovius begins to focus on you!
You sense a target pattern begin to form on Szrael!
You point at Derovius, ruining his hiding place.
Derovius closes his eyes, drawing his closed fist toward his chest.
Seconds later, he swings his arm outward, pointing at you as his eyes fix on you in a vehement stare.
Derovius begins to advance on you!
Derovius is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
Derovius closes to pole weapon range on you!
An intense sense of heat flares into being around you. A bright flash of silver light floods your senses briefly!
Bolts of flame begin to fall from the sky like fiery fists of Everild, punching savagely into the ground as collateral energy sprays outward!
A bolt of holy fire smashes to the ground near you.
* Derovius kicks his steel-toed footwrap at you. You evade.
A shower of blazing silver fire pounds down from the sky!
* Derovius punches his steel knuckle at you. You block with a warrior's tower shield.
You ask, "Are you quite done?"
You fold your arms across your chest.
A sparkling cloud of silver motes envelops you like a mist of stars. You are moderately stunned by the haze of Holy energy whorling around you!
* Derovius charges his steel knuckle at you. You block with a warrior's tower shield.
You slowly tip over and fall down.
* Derovius kicks his steel-toed footwrap at you. You block with a warrior's tower shield.
You stand back up.
Derovius says, "kindly shut your mouth my my mana comes back so I can PS you again"
* Derovius slices his steel knuckle at you. You block with a warrior's tower shield.
You look at Derovius and yawn.
You say, "Hmm."
>prep raise power
> harn 10
You join Derovius's group.
J> cast
You gesture.
You feel completely spent as your life force pours into the land.
J>
Derovius collapses from fatigue!
Derovius slices his steel knuckle at a pure white alfar avenger.
Derovius says, "nice, mechanics avbuse]"
ooc dero Way to stay in character.
You whisper to Derovius.
Derovius whispers, "OOC: this is in character? I didn't know empaths were so good at being bitches"
ooc dero Bitch Lore 13898 98 % mind lock
You whisper to Derovius.
You manage to grab hold of Derovius. Derovius grips you back.
Derovius struggles to stand but fails as you stop him.
You move effortlessly around Derovius, dragging him behind you, pulling him off balance.
Roundtime: 3 sec. (This x a lot)
(Meanwhile, the avenger is getting good and light hits. This goes on for like 10 minutes, literally.)
Darshek exclaims, "he'll get dizzy!"
Derovius says, "like I said, mechanics abuse"
(He breaks loose, gets a few hits, but then I get him down and grappled again.)
You say, "So anyway."
You ask, "Are you quite done?"
You say, "Maybe if you stay down a Caravan will just run you over."
Derovius says, "I think the fat cows get hit first"
(Avenger continues with the good and light hits.)
Derovius says, "enjoy your fine"
A pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Derovius. The blade lands a good hit that splinters bones and nearly severs the left arm!
Derovius's in shock and dying!
> command aven to leave
With a sad look, a pure white alfar avenger nods to you and trots off.
> drag dero gate
Derovius pulls away from you.
You say, "I was going to drag you to the Cleric guild."
You shrug.
Derovius whispers, "(something uncouth)"

Ryain says, "now you die"

* Ryain steps backward and then slices at you. You dodge.
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/27/2008 03:25 PM CST
I should try to find the logs of people getting beatdowns long before avenger ownage. RIGHT MARTY?!

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/27/2008 05:22 PM CST
I remember reading logs of Empath's killing with HL/NB and the purposeful tripping of various area-effect box traps (naphtha, vykathi, etc.)

Always thought that was clever.

-Thief Clemency Tulisar'Chirloa
Prev_page Previous 1