Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/27/2008 09:33 PM CST
>>vykathi

I've been considering this one. I wonder if it works with the new box mechs.

Pheniks whispers, "I'm not the one that will, just wait for it you snert"
Aidek comes out of hiding.
* Aidek fires a barbed arrow at you. You evade.
The barbed arrow lands nearby!
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 11/29/2008 12:40 PM CST
This is the feel good thread of the year. :)

~Player of "One of the Caels."
Queen of Non-Sequitors
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 12/03/2008 12:39 AM CST
Where does Szrael heal. I may start taking detours just to support the cause
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 12/04/2008 06:29 PM CST
>>Where does Szrael heal.

Wherever she wants. She's not the kind of empath we enforce the rules upon. I do see her in Zoluren and Therengia a lot, though.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 12/06/2008 10:27 AM CST
What intrigues me is that the initial contact between Pheniks and Sz could have been entirely IC. Pheniks COULD have spoken the threat <<Pheniks whispers, "I see you after this and you die on the spot....one arrow, one eyesocket">>. That could have been a good RP'd out situation. The continuation of the threat <<Pheniks whispers, "I'm not the one that will, just wait for it you snert">> could also have been RP'd out loud. Though I'm not sure if 'snert' is as much IC as OOC, but I guess that depends on who you're talking to. He is only mildly correct with <<Pheniks whispers, "I didn't do anything ooc, I just said someone's gunna kill you like the moron you are">>. If he'd re-worded or clarified his previous sentence (or at least spoken it out loud, but who wants to be known as the guy that threatens an Empath with assasination?)... Yeah, he's gonna hire someone to take a shot at Sz. That's IC. Though it was PAINFULLY obvious that he brought his alts in later, which isn't IC. With some minimal effort on Phenik's part, he could have kept the whole thing IC.

Love the PVP later though... I've saved it for my Empath to study on Empath combat techniques.

And, due to someone else's tongue-in-cheek suggestion, my Empath will no longer heal anyone wearing pink, cause that's just funny.
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 12/06/2008 11:18 AM CST
Snert is right up there with consent, report, gods (in reference to gms) pigeon, etc imo

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 12/06/2008 12:00 PM CST
Snert is an internet acronym. (Here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snert ; http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1571/what-is-a-snert)

Me telling someone to "die in a fire" is not OOC.

But telling someone to DIAF is.

Plus is was pretty clear from the context of the conversation that he meant one of his "Brothers" (IE, alts) was going to be the one coming after Szrael.

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 12/06/2008 12:39 PM CST
<<But telling someone to DIAF is.

How about using aka? Is it the use of any acronyms or just ones that have been taken from the internet?

For me, DIAF, LOL, LMAO, etc are all very borderline IC for me, but I can see them allowable as theoretically a character could develop and use use such acronyms without referring to anything not present in DR.

Nikpack

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 12/06/2008 12:50 PM CST
In my opinion...

>>just ones that have been taken from the internet

Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 12/06/2008 01:14 PM CST
aka is an acronym that is used in speech, but do you really say lol or lmao or do you just laugh? i guess i would think if -you- would say it then prolly your character would, some things are just ooc anyway.. i just dont typically stand around talking to friends and say "omg i loled when she told him to diaf. ttyl!" (i have to add and giggle and a flounce at the end... then stab myself in the eye for being that friggin' peppy)
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 12/06/2008 02:22 PM CST
I agree, it's definitely clear he was going to bring in an alt. The player of Sz (and the rest of us) knows that. All the Character knew was that he was sending someone after her. He conducted that bit in whispers, so it WAS more OOC. I'm just saying he could even have roleplayed THAT better. If I had a brother I wanted to sic on someone (not that I do, or would for that matter) it wouldn't be too hard to roleplay, even if I ran both of em.

I mean, now that we have the profile option of being open, it's not really a question of WHO kills us. Even the guarded standpoint could go with that to some degree.

An Open/Heavy profile should suggest " I don't care if you try to kill me, just stay IC". (e.g. Psycopath A slices my head off. No problem, just stay psychotic... foam at the mouth, change your name to Ragran, etc.)
An Open/Light or None would suggest "I don't care if you try to kill me, and I don't care if you stay IC about it. (e.g. Nameless player having a bad day slices my head off, and tells me he pwnz me or whatever that is.)
A Guarded/Heavy suggests "Please have a GOOD reason, and we can kick eachothers butts all around town if you'd like" (e.g. Characters A and B get into an argument and decide to get physical about it, all the time being true to thier characters and the situation)With this one you may not really need to 'discuss' it beforehand. MOST people know they're getting themselves into a fight without being told.

Course, there are different mixes on the RP/PVP profile that it can get confusing to decipher who's up for what kind of action.

But... I think I just slipped off the topic.

Him saying "my big brother is gonna kick your butt" IS a bit whiny though. Basically, like others have mentioned, since HE started it HE should have finished it. He chose to have someone else try. He STILL lost.
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 12/06/2008 02:34 PM CST
>>Him saying "my big brother is gonna kick your butt" IS a bit whiny though. Basically, like others have mentioned, since HE started it HE should have finished it. He chose to have someone else try. He STILL lost.

Not only did he lose. He tried again, and failed again, and angered more people in the process. And is now out on Aesry training, and has promised to try again in 25 ranks of weapon. So... a little oddball if you ask me.
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 12/06/2008 02:41 PM CST
that's funny. so in 25 ranks of weapon, Sz will have 25 ranks more of evasion... hmm. this could be a long feud. Why do they always think the other person stops training?
Re: Take Your Undying Affection and Shove It 12/06/2008 10:22 PM CST
>>that's funny. so in 25 ranks of weapon, Sz will have 25 ranks more of evasion... hmm. this could be a long feud. Why do they always think the other person stops training?

Because he is win... Keep training, dude! You'll definitely get her next time, I'm sure of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHWS0H2JqSU

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Idon Raider - www.idonraiders.com
"Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?" - Walt Whitman
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page