Prev_page Previous 1
Empath's opinions don't count? 03/28/2007 09:46 PM CDT
I'm not usually one to whine and complain or rat out on someone. Nor am I one to hide behind my guild title either. So, I apologize if I sound a wee bit like a cry baby. Whatever, that said...here is what happened. :)
Erm, don't think this is a command to black list these folks but rather a suggestion to please, be careful and wary. ( I somehow didn't log it so bare with. I'm sorry)

Okay, Garlinen is wee Empath(5th circle at time) and was foraging minding his own. He gets dragged off by a War Mage,Mudezi. I find later is only 5th circle as well. Mudezi, hides and Garlinen points. Garlinen gets killed. I understand there are different and better ways to handle it all but at the time I suppose, tempers flare and we forget to be sensible.

Garlinen tells me what happens. I get a little irritated and think " Well, maybe Garlinen might of not been so innocent. Let's see." I bring Malykai with me and ask Mudezi if I might have a word with him, please. After a bit and much of my patience he comes with. We go to Taelbert's and I ask him why, what happened. He dances around the question. Keeps trying to sell us the story. Kriike comes and he tells Kriike same story. "Garlinen, stole his familiar, and sent him a letter saying if he didn't pay him 1000 plat he would kill his cat familiar" "Can you help me find my cat? Then I'll talk."
We wander about a bit he keeps pushing our buttons. I warn him that we've given him plenty of room to speak his piece and that he should clarify his side of the story now. He keeps at it. Maly makes him sleep. Funny thing is, Kriike attacks Mudezi when he gets knocked out. Brawl punches and kicks him a few times. Mudezi wakes and talks more smack and Malykai Partial Displaces Mudezi.I don't know about that Kriike part, or why. Maybe to make us think we are still friends for later...

(Later)
I see Kriike again with Malykai. I hug him hello and then Malykai whispers to me to hide. I hide. Saphrusit and Kriike makes an attempt to kill Malykai.Saph shoots first and Kriike next. They tried they failed. We end up at Willow Walk Fountain so I can heal his arrows out his arm. Xerynolous put a shadewatch mirror on them so we could watch what they were doing then. I explain what is happening. They offer protection but Maly tells them it's okay It's my trouble to deal with.

They come and try to kill him multiple times with arrows,bolts and casting swarm and haraweps bonds. Failed. They keep coming in casting swarm and running away.
Aleerayn gets tired of it and sleeps Kriike. Strange and Revek show up. Telling us Empaths to "Shut up. Our opinions don't count and they aren't talking to us." . They yell "Come talk!" from the room south of us. Malykai tells me to wait at the pool again to be safe and he goes. I pigeon him if it's okay to go with and join and do so after a bit. Watching them, Strange is guarding Kriike's sleeping body and they are gabbing about stuff and it doesn't even seem they know why they attacked Malykai in the first place.So, I keep trying to tell them what happened and why this happened. They don't want to listen to me. Don't want to listen to Aleerayn.They insult Aleerayn. Keep telling me to shut up. I defend her and myself and say " What!? Because we are Empaths we must bend to your will and not talk or die?" "Why?"
They say " Yes, bend" "Or die." Aleerayn tells me to hush and I do. I watch, Kriike keeps slapping Malykai and I tell him to stop. (they are suppose to be only talking) He doesn't, so I slap back. He begins loading and shoots me . I run north and he shoots me twice again. If not for Aleerayn I would of died. IN the end Saphrusit dies. Kriike gets shock and sleep and nearly dies from Malykai's hand after attacking me. Malykai defended me and that is what happened. All these lil hoodlums kept creeping from no where trying to pick at us.Keadro keeps trying to taunt malykai into fighting him. So does Strange maly points out it has nothing to do with them. Strange curses Malykai to where he cannot use SMILE/FROWN/ACT/PONDER verbs. After is all calms down..our group joins with Aleerayn and go to Aleerayn's house. Throughout this whole ordeal Adr keeps locating us but never responds when we ask him pigeon and gweth what he wants. After talking and calming down for Aleerayn. I drag Malykai to Ratha with me to avoid more. I hear later of a lot of stories dealing with all these names. From what I hear they are excellent at dancing along the borders of consent. Are experts at this kind of stuff.

I don't care bout them feeling like they needed to right their revenge for their friend's death,whatever. Hell, we did the same for Garlinen,I guess.
I know both sides did wrong. What pissed me off the most of it all is they felt that my side of the story didn't count that as an Empath didn't matter. I know there are measures that could of been taken to avoid all of this but at the time we weren't thinking very straight. Just thought to share. You take it how you will.
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/28/2007 10:58 PM CDT
Strange is widely known for targeting Empaths for theft and conflict. That character tried to steal from me once while I was in the Cleric guild healing deaders during an invasion. So yeah, don't expect to have rational discourse with a character with that RP style, and don't take it personally when you fail.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/28/2007 11:03 PM CDT
I don't believe blacklisting should be carried out on the boards since they are OOC and beyond the scope of the game world. But if ever there were a convincing candidate for that, it would be Strange.

Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/28/2007 11:49 PM CDT
Aye, understood. I usually don't hold grudges over anyone and whatever. I heal who ever needs, before. I simply posted to give you all a heads up. Thank you for your responses they made me less edgy about posting. So I'm not all top notch with forum etiquette.;)
( I don't post a lot or at all,sorry.)

Make your mistakes your master piece!
~Stoppit some more~
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/28/2007 11:54 PM CDT
The player of those characters has been around for a while, they were asking me about stuff from four years ago or so while they were harassing another empath. Too bad they ran to wake up larger characters. At least take your medicine if you're going to roll up some throwaway characters.

I swear I know Kriike from somewhere though. Then again I don't remember what I had for breakfast so my memory is suspect.

~Purehand
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/29/2007 01:57 AM CDT
For a while I thought Kriike was okay. Until he tried to make me a few new holes. I heard he is known for running after getting healed and no thank yous. I know already now that what you say is true from what another has told me. shrug

~Stoppit some more~
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/29/2007 09:37 AM CDT
>>Strange is widely known for targeting Empaths for theft and conflict.

He has stolen from my Empath too and I know he caused some issues in Ilithi last week where he was killed at least once.
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/29/2007 02:47 PM CDT
MRSPRESA: Okay, Garlinen is wee Empath(5th circle at time) and was foraging minding his own. He gets dragged off by a War Mage,Mudezi. I find later is only 5th circle as well. Mudezi, hides and Garlinen points. Garlinen gets killed. I understand there are different and better ways to handle it all but at the time I suppose, tempers flare and we forget to be sensible.

Role-playing issues aside, you can prevent other players from dragging you into dangerous turf by using AVOID !DRAG.

AVOID flag settings: (! means no.) Example; AVOID JOIN allows joining, AVOID !JOIN disables the ability of others to join you. AVOID !ALL sets them all to NO, AVOID ALL clears them all.

JOINING DRAGGING
HOLDING TEACHING
WHISPERING DANCING

You see Ridder Isharon, Defender of the Faith, an Elven Paladin.
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/29/2007 05:49 PM CDT

Noted. Thank you. I will be sure to tell Garlinen. I actually kinda moved him to Ratha with me. Less competition for patients there anyways. I do not usually wish harm to visit anyone but I DO however hope Strange and company find this worth while and get what they deserve in the end. No more no less. ;)

~Stoppit some more~
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/30/2007 03:25 AM CDT
>> pigeon

AIM/Screen Name.

>> wake up

Log on.

>> consent

Cry more.

Not that most of the people involved are particularly adept roleplayers, but I have a hard time having sympathy for people who so willingly and easily blur the line between IC and OOC themselves.

Just roll with it and try to have fun. That or simply don't involve yourself in someone else's fight. Not too difficult.

Rev. Reene

"Who provides the opportunity to cultivate patience? Not our friends. Our enemies give us the most crucial chances to grow."
- Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/30/2007 03:30 AM CDT
"For a while I thought Kriike was okay. Until he tried to make me a few new holes. I heard he is known for running after getting healed and no thank yous. I know already now that what you say is true from what another has told me. shrug"

Now I'm surprised. I met Kriike maybe a week ago. He came into the guild asking urgently (though politely) for an empath to come heal his friend who was stuck in badgers and was dying. I joined him immediately. Another younger empath came too, and off we went. We healed the girl's minor scratches and she was very happy. Then the other empath and I were whisked back to the bank for a couple plat tip each. I put him on my 'neutral good tipper' list.

Of course, the next three or so times he came for healing (at least two of which I healed him), he tipped little to nothing and lacked any hint of the usual courtesy. Bye bye highlighted name.

It's still weird though.
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/30/2007 07:43 AM CDT
I really am not asking for sympathy. Just thought 'Hey, maybe these folks might want a heads up.' I've learned my lesson and nudged a few others for them to adapt as well.
No worries, I know we on both sides did our share of picking scabs we shouldn't of.

Lanita
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/30/2007 09:43 AM CDT
>>Not that most of the people involved are particularly adept roleplayers, but I have a hard time having sympathy for people who so willingly and easily blur the line between IC and OOC themselves.

Just roll with it and try to have fun. That or simply don't involve yourself in someone else's fight. Not too difficult.<<

heh, I have my moments when I take a look at the gweth and just go... "it's OOC season, forget it..." and just join the club. This frame of mind usually lasts until I log off
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/30/2007 10:07 AM CDT
>I really am not asking for sympathy. Just thought 'Hey, maybe these folks might want a heads up.'

I think it's worthy of a heads up, Lanita, thank you. I have spent a grand total of one hour in the Crossings guild in the past year or so, and the hour was highlighted by Mudezi and Kriike harrassing a young empath. She handled it pretty well, Safiya or something. I was impressed with her roleplay.

I tried to help, oh well.

>You consider it, but Mudezi's meager coins just aren't worth the effort.

~Purehand
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/30/2007 01:31 PM CDT
>> Not that most of the people involved are particularly adept roleplayers, but I have a hard time having sympathy for people who so willingly and easily blur the line between IC and OOC themselves. <<

Where exactly were the lines blurred? everything that happened IG was absalutely IC. and everything said on the boards was an account of what happened IG, and absalutely OOC since the boards are OOC. If someone wants to refer to AIM's as pigeons and logging on as waking up who really cares, lets not try to have a stick in the butt about someones word choice. We all know what pigeons and waking up means.

>> Just roll with it and try to have fun. That or simply don't involve yourself in someone else's fight. Not too difficult. <<

Maybe you missed the fact that nearly everyone involved had no idea why they were their besides seeing an opportunity to start a war and kill some folks. Don't try and sound all high and mighty, its nearly impossible not to get involved(which the entire crew sitting at Willow Walk fountain can attest to I'm sure) when a gang who were not involved to begin with comes looking for you. I personally think we 'rolled with it' rather well, none of our characters died, some of theirs did and the entire thing happened IC which to me, the player was definately fun at times though my character was annoyed and pissed off at what happened.

Malykai, the player.

>rub other gweth
[Assuming you mean a pile of yelith roots.]
You rub a kyanite gwethdesuan.
A chorous of foreign thoughts joins your own.
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/30/2007 06:15 PM CDT
>>Mudezi, hides and Garlinen points. Garlinen gets killed.

I just love when everyones answer is to kill. Sure I have my bloodthirsty moods, but come one. After all it takes a real tough guy to pick on a young Empath.

Despite your best efforts, skinning the gargoyle just isn't going to happen this time. Maybe helping little old Halfling widows across a busy Crossing street is more your line of work?
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/30/2007 07:24 PM CDT
>Malykai, the player.

Not to derail this sad conflict - but Malykai is not one to confuse RL and IC. Nor is he one to play the report game.

That aside, I'm gonna kick Ally's arse for letting our Fountain area get "taken over" :P

~~~
..player of Xochi
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/30/2007 09:48 PM CDT
The whole mention of OOC and IC is an attempt to reroute the topic into semantics. The Boards ARE OOC--this was one player relating the events of a misfortunate incident. If any of this was an attempt to 'Black List' any of these characters, it wouldn't necessarily be an OOC endeavor either. The people who play empaths tend to be social, they talk.... a lot (as evidenced by these boards--the amount of posts daily can be staggering). It wouldn't be an OOC thing to say, Hey, I had a really bad time with XXXXXX, YYYYY, and ZZZZZ chimed in too. This is what they did. I'm not going to heal them anymore.

Word gets around. If you're going to have to defend yourself, realize your strengths--which, in this case, is word of mouth. We aren't asked to take the Hipocratic Oath when we join the guild. We don't HAVE to heal anyone--and I'd think that anyone who suggests that empaths aren't entitled to opinions or don't count for much of anything doesn't deserve healing. They are disrespecting the guild, and disrespecting you.

Myeka

An adorable grey bunny hops up to you and gazes longingly at your box. The moment the desired item is handed over, the bunny bares a surprisingly fierce set of teeth and reduces the box to a pile of splinters. Mission completed, the bunny hops away.
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/30/2007 11:08 PM CDT
>Word gets around. If you're going to have to defend yourself, realize your strengths--which, in this case, is word of mouth. We aren't asked to take the Hipocratic Oath when we join the guild. We don't HAVE to heal anyone--and I'd think that anyone who suggests that empaths aren't entitled to opinions or don't count for much of anything doesn't deserve healing. They are disrespecting the guild, and disrespecting you. Myeka

Agreed.

Though, the empath forum is not the most posted in guild folder, by a long shot.

~~~
..player of Xochi

The Empathic Alliance - http://home.earthlink.net/~empathicshifting/
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/31/2007 01:00 AM CDT
You get 'em, Maly!

~The one who is obsessed with power.
__
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com - The Sounds of Time
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com/bard_planner.xls - Personal Bard Planner
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/31/2007 01:14 AM CDT
>> We all know what pigeons and waking up means.

Indeed. And we all know that they are both entirely OOC concepts, just like consent policy and that sort of thing.

So why, again, are you people confused about what I meant regarding mingling IC and OOC?

>> Don't try and sound all high and mighty, its nearly impossible not to get involved

Don't be ridiculous.

Either you're involved or your not. Either you keep your mouth shut or you don't. Either you defend someone or you walk away. Whether or not your cause was 'right' or 'just' or they were on 'your' turf or you felt obligation to jump in on behalf of a friend is irrelevant. It wasn't your fight, but you decided to make it your fight. That's fine. Just don't pretend it's anything but what it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Empaths flexing what little muscle they have and doing the whole "rah rah you go girl" thing, but your posts lay it on really thick and I guess that just rubs me the wrong way.

Rev. Reene

"Who provides the opportunity to cultivate patience? Not our friends. Our enemies give us the most crucial chances to grow."
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/31/2007 09:58 AM CDT
I've never had a problem with either Kriike or Strange, in fact they've both helped me out on occasion when the need arises. They'll never be black listed by me and they both know how to find me if they do need help. And the truest statement I've seen come out of an empath conflict thread was this....

>>Either you're involved or your not. Either you keep your mouth shut or you don't. Either you defend someone or you walk away. Whether or not your cause was 'right' or 'just' or they were on 'your' turf or you felt obligation to jump in on behalf of a friend is irrelevant. It wasn't your fight, but you decided to make it your fight. That's fine. Just don't pretend it's anything but what it is.

MANY times I see arguments or disagreements happen in the empath guild or other areas. For SOME REASON a lot of empaths feel that it is required that they jump in and then get angry when they get dropped for it as well. If you can't back it up then MAYBE you shouldn't get involved. Being an empath doesn't give anyone a free pass. Have I taken my licks because I tried to intervene or speak my mind? Yeah, I have. The big difference is that I realize that for every action there is a definite reaction. My words and actions may cause me to get a beating.

~Arwinia

You are Shrimpstar, a Prydaen Bard.
You have pointed ears and cat-slitted clear colored eyes. Your amber mane is short and thick, and is worn tousled. You have grey fur and a slender tail.
You look tired.

You are wearing nothing special.
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/31/2007 01:41 PM CDT
>>It wasn't your fight, but you decided to make it your fight. That's fine. Just don't pretend it's anything but what it is.

Lets try and work out our facts from fiction and hear say before we start telling people what they did and didn't do. Strange, Kaedro and Saphrusit had nothing to do with the original incident which sparked all of this, Malykai's killing of Mudezi for insulting him and his bonded mate, a different infraction all together and not in defense of Garlinen the empath killed by Mudezi in the first place. So your statement is true only in the sense that it wasn't Strange, Kaedro, Kriike or Saphrusit's fight so lets not pretend they're anything but opportunist hoodlums trying to flex their tiny muscles. Which is what this thread's original intention was to point out and warn people about.

Malykai, the player.

>rub other gweth
[Assuming you mean a pile of yelith roots.]
You rub a kyanite gwethdesuan.
A chorous of foreign thoughts joins your own.
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/31/2007 01:52 PM CDT
I think yer all acting stupid.

There!

Come get me.

'Lint

Adventurer Spotlight:
Paschein puts her nose right up close to her dead monkey and inhales deeply.
Paschein blanches.
Paschein says, "that's just gross."
You say, "You smelled it"
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/31/2007 08:00 PM CDT
>> Malykai's killing of Mudezi for insulting him and his bonded mate, a different infraction all together and not in defense of Garlinen the empath killed by Mudezi in the first place.

Then it begs the question of why an attempt was seemingly made at stringing all of these supposedly disparate incidents together and making them seem related somehow.

Because after wading through that block of unorganized text, it seemed to be as though a lot of people were getting involved directly due to the original incident with the little Empath.

Which is great. A lot of people are afraid to do that these days due in part because they fear the wrath of policy for doing so. But don't be surprised when the other guys do it too.

>> I think yer all acting stupid.

NO U

Rev. Reene

Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 03/31/2007 11:26 PM CDT
<<NO U>>

It's on! I am so gonna smacketh you around.

'Lint

Adventurer Spotlight:
Paschein puts her nose right up close to her dead monkey and inhales deeply.
Paschein blanches.
Paschein says, "that's just gross."
You say, "You smelled it"
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 04/01/2007 02:10 AM CDT
>> They do not respect or think us worthy maybe a few who can tolerate them when they are in a good mood or in need of our help but not Empaths as a whole.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to speak for the whole guild.

Presumptuous little twit.

Rev. Reene

Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 04/01/2007 03:43 AM CDT
Hmm, read carefully, please. Read it for what it IS and not what you want it to be. When did I try to speak for the guild as a whole? I did not try and speak for you or the guild. Dear Gods, no. I was talking about THEM not you or us. You're so funny. Silly woman, read it again before you start slashing out with names in confusion,please. I've said what I want I will leave the rest of you to pick at it for your own thoughts. I'm done here. Have fun.

Lanita
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 04/01/2007 12:09 PM CDT
Skipping any and all content of this thread, I'd like to reply directly to the thread title:

>Empath's opinions don't count?

No.

Fuquois
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 04/01/2007 01:14 PM CDT
<<>> They do not respect or think us worthy maybe a few who can tolerate them when they are in a good mood or in need of our help but not Empaths as a whole.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to speak for the whole guild.

Presumptuous little twit.>>

Hmmm . . . Well, I didn't read that as speaking "for the whole guild." How did you get arrive at that interpretation?
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 04/01/2007 03:06 PM CDT
>>They do not respect or think us worthy maybe a few who can tolerate them when they are in a good mood or in need of our help but not Empaths as a whole.

Well for one, they don't dislike empaths as a whole and two, I don't just tolerate them when they are in a good mood, I like them all the time.

~Arwinia

You are Shrimpstar, a Prydaen Bard.
You have pointed ears and cat-slitted clear colored eyes. Your amber mane is short and thick, and is worn tousled. You have grey fur and a slender tail.
You look tired.

You are wearing nothing special.
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 04/03/2007 12:24 AM CDT
>>Strange is widely known for targeting Empaths for theft and conflict.

Strange targets empaths for coins and gems. Because moreso than other guilds, empaths think their guild alone protects them from theft and violence. I am here to let you know it does not. If you see Strange about, close your pouches and deposit your coins, because I will be taking them if you don't.

<<Where exactly were the lines blurred? everything that happened IG was absalutely IC. and everything said on the boards was an account of what happened IG, and absalutely OOC since the boards are OOC. If someone wants to refer to AIM's as pigeons and logging on as waking up who really cares, lets not try to have a stick in the butt about someones word choice. We all know what pigeons and waking up means.

Malykai, I have a particular dislike for your character. Want to know why? You think you are some type of roleplayer and can keep things IC, but one of my previous thieves was caught stealing from you on ratha, you tried to Mental Blast him and failed. When he attacked you back and had the upper hand, you combat logged on him. They call that Mechanics Abuse and also ability to stay IC (also inability to take what's coming to you). I was forced to camp your stunned self with a script. I dont take kindly to combat loggers, and I dont take kindly to idiots who turn yellow when the fight turns against them. My character Strange heard of your cowardice through word of mouth, and I don't think he likes you.

Want to call shenanigans? I still have the log =)

-Strange
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 04/03/2007 09:12 AM CDT
This is getting interesting. We could get a very interesting plot going about this IG.. Maybe a guild meeting unofficially? Anyone game? Strange's player, are you up for some serious RP too?

Lots could happen from this point on.. including a note to the guild leader of the guild that doesn't exsist? Isn't there something about honor when joining that guild?

Could commission a mercenary...

Dun dun dun!
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 04/03/2007 09:43 AM CDT
>Strange targets empaths for coins and gems. Because moreso than other guilds, empaths think their guild alone protects them from theft and violence. I am here to let you know it does not.

I don't know a single empath that thinks that. That dogma died years ago.

Also posting 'a fifth circle empath was in a conflict, we admit our role in the conflict and RPed it out but a party involved may be targetting empaths, just giving you a heads up' does not equal 'hiding behind the empath guild'.

~Purehand
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 04/03/2007 09:59 AM CDT
simple solution:

we do what a guild is intended to do... look out for our own. We defend when another guild member is in trouble, resolve the situation to the best of our ability, and not take it to the boards, nor cry "empath" Pure is right, the dogma that empaths are defenseless and need to be protected died long ago, I say we prove it to anyone who doesn't know it yet
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 04/03/2007 04:56 PM CDT
>Strange targets empaths for coins and gems. Because moreso than other guilds, empaths think their guild alone protects them from theft and violence. I am here to let you know it does not. If you see Strange about, close your pouches and deposit your coins, because I will be taking them if you don't.

I respect and, I must admit, from a fellow gamer's perspective, admire the choice that you the player have made to make Strange a brazen thief and Empath-baiter. It certainly can't be an easy road to choose, and it must be an even harder one to pull off with convincing and consistent RP. Understandably, my Empath hasn't had (and intends never to have) much interaction with Strange to know if you succeed in that regard, but I hope this is the case.

But to add a little to what Souv and Purehand have said, for Strange to think that he knows more, or better, about being an Empath than Empaths do ("I am here to let you know"), or for him to think he has any real data on how many Empaths as a proportion of the whole guild, or in comparison to other guilds ("moreso than other guilds"), adhere to this completely incorrect stereotype of Empaths' self-image ("empaths think their guild alone protects them"), is presumptuously arrogant in the extreme. As Pure said, I can't think of a single Empath-primary character who believes this. Perhaps this is the predominant attitude of mule healers.

But then again, Strange is clearly prejudiced against Empaths. If you look closely at most prejudiced people's beliefs, they are based on irrational justifications, fuzzy thinking, misplaced aggression, and fear. So I guess that statement's completely in character for him after all.

Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 04/03/2007 07:24 PM CDT
>> I don't know a single empath that thinks that. That dogma died years ago.

No it didn't. I run into occasionally it to this day. And not from mule characters, either.

As someone who also plays a character that tends to look down on Empaths as a whole (though for entirely different reasons) I can tell you this attitude is still extremely prevalent among certain groups of people. Maybe not among the ones that read the boards, but it's not difficult to find in-game.

Rev. Reene

Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 04/03/2007 08:15 PM CDT
Just go do a stealing run through crossings goblins. Hit two or three "combat" empaths and you'll get reported. The other two will regard you in utter amazment that you would possibly steal from an empath. One even cast heart link at me and couldn't understand how I would threaten her for doing it. Yes, she actualy said "You would attack an empath?" after she'd cast heart link and said she was going to drag me to my death.

It was a hobby of mine for a few days. The empaths did not make a good showing as far as not hiding behind their guild.

-Serc

Disclaimer: I realize this was both in goblins and in crossing, wich skews the results. However, if the baby empaths have the mentality they're getting it from somewhere.

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 04/03/2007 08:33 PM CDT
Are we having fun yet?

~ Leissl and $0.02
Re: Empath's opinions don't count? 04/03/2007 10:45 PM CDT
<<It certainly can't be an easy road to choose, and it must be an even harder one to pull off with convincing and consistent RP. Understandably, my Empath hasn't had (and intends never to have) much interaction with Strange to know if you succeed in that regard, but I hope this is the case.

Eh, its never really been hard to find an empath who doesn't know Strange, or one that I haven't robbed. The good empaths I usually add to my "do not steal from" highlights. If an empath has been robbed by me in the past, and refuses to heal me, I simply leave the choice to them and move along to find someone who will.

<<But to add a little to what Souv and Purehand have said, for Strange to think that he knows more, or better, about being an Empath than Empaths do ("I am here to let you know"), or for him to think he has any real data on how many Empaths as a proportion of the whole guild, or in comparison to other guilds ("moreso than other guilds"), adhere to this completely incorrect stereotype of Empaths' self-image ("empaths think their guild alone protects them"), is presumptuously arrogant in the extreme.

Well, the fact that they carry around 10x the wealth of any other guild with their pockets wide open says alot about what they expect. I bank on those expectations.

<<But then again, Strange is clearly prejudiced against Empaths.

Well, over time, experience has supported my "prejudice"
Prev_page Previous 1