Prev_page Previous 1
who to bribe 08/07/2008 10:09 AM CDT
ok. just wanted to know who we have to bribe to get some kinda of barbarian Gm that will actually do something for us It has been a while since the barbarians have gotten anything realy useful. The other guilds are getting new spells and useful abilities all the time. I personally know that there have been a few really good candidates applying for the the spot. yet we still have no one filling the posistion. I was just wondering why, and when can we get a Gm that will actually do something for us useful. I know,,we have roar masks,war paint,and a copule barbarian only shops that sel nice fluff( yes thats about all they sell,,fluff..The forged items are way better so why bother with the ones the shops sell. And as for the masks, and war paints what good are they when you can not get em..if nothing else can we atkeast get a war paint store that we can shop at anytime instead of waiting for fests and merchents (that never seem to happen anymore). Shoot even the bards get better stuff then we do...It's kinda sad, when i started out here a long long time ago the barbarians were a great guild to belong to..now there the so far down the list umong the gm's I don't think they even know we exsist anymore...If ya don't believe me go back over the boards from the last year or so and see what all has come around for the barbs and look at what all the other guilds have gotten..
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 10:24 AM CDT
>blah blah

Valcer redux.

___
And Shepherds we shall be,
for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
We shall flow a river forth to thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 12:03 PM CDT
While the development pace of DR has never been blazing I think we've got a damn fine good GM who is working hard for us. Remember, he's just one man. Just have a little faith.

If there is one thing Dragonrealms has taught me over the years its patience. Just be patient.

- Galren

>>The Rippentropps are a mysterious collective of well-known individuals whose primary charge is to initiate the advancing task of not stopping.
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 12:37 PM CDT
>>CORUM's rant

Aurdun FTW. Read the Barb boards over the last month and you'll see that he's got some amazing things planned.

I repeat, Aurdun FTW.

Your mind hears Eladrin thinking, "i saw tikoro make out with a goblin once"

Your mind hears Tikoro thinking, "{faintly}" "Yeah, your mum is pretty ugly."
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 01:35 PM CDT
He said new attacks are at the top of his list, so I'm gonna have to give him my support for the moment. Especially if we get to see something soon...

I'm still wishing for a way to rechoose roars, though :(

J>* Moving in with powerful grace, a bristle-backed peccary charges at you.

The head lands a heavy strike that pokes the head into your rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
[You're beat up, nimbly balanced and in very strong position.]
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 01:48 PM CDT
It is what it is. New abilities or new features for barbarians or not, I still enjoy the game, and I've been playing for about 5 years or so. That having been said, it's not like these GM's make 100K per year to develop Simutronics game code, so give them a bit of a break. I log on, I play. Changes get implemented over time and I learn to live with/adjust to them, and press on. Personally, I think barbarians rock. Other guilds have 5 or 6, or maybe even 14 or so different skills in their primary skillset... barbarians get what...? 23? gotta love it, and yes, some of the things that are high on Aurdun's GM to-do list look pretty cool to me. Galren said it best... patience.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 05:04 PM CDT
Thats the problem everything is in the planning,,thats like a politician saying as soon as i get into office... Tell me this,,is all that new stuff they are planning on the same table as the new forging system...And While i'm ranting I Think charlie( belive thats his name)has been missing long enough now. I say it's time to replace him...We are Barbarians. it's time to act like a barbarian instead of being submisive and saying oh well as long as your working on something...Quit kissing butt it has not worked yet..........
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 05:15 PM CDT
<<We are Barbarians>>
Your character is a Barbarian.
Your the guy behind the keyboard with a can of Dew and a bag of Cheetos.

<<Quit kissing butt >>
Apparently you don't read the boards much, because there is plenty of lashback regarding pending changes, changes that happened, and lack of changes happening.

Lastly, your posts hurt my eyes.

Ackfer - Halfling in a Can, No Fillers Here!
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 05:18 PM CDT
>>Thats the problem everything is in the planning,,thats like a politician saying as soon as i get into office... Tell me this,,is all that new stuff they are planning on the same table as the new forging system...

No, different GMs, by in large, are working on the lore stuff than are working on just flat-out Barbarian stuff, as far as I'm aware.

>>And While i'm ranting I Think charlie( belive thats his name)has been missing long enough now. I say it's time to replace him...

He'll either return or be replaced when there's a reason to do so (ie. sometime after the new forging system).

>>We are Barbarians. it's time to act like a barbarian instead of being submisive and saying oh well as long as your working on something...Quit kissing butt it has not worked yet..........

How about you start acting like a Barbarian first yourself? Stop this pointless bellyaching and being disrespectful to the GM(s) who are and have been working on stuff for this guild. I used to use an old quote from Robert E. Howard (creator of Conan) as the tag-line for all my posts back in the day, and I think it's time to bring it back out just for you...

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." - The Tower of the Elephant, R. E. Howard.

If you want to act like a Barbarian, learn this lesson.

Putting the Romance back in Necromancer.

Necromancy: Because every man lives, not every man really dies.
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 05:53 PM CDT
>>"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." - The Tower of the Elephant, R. E. Howard.<<

I like it.

Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 05:58 PM CDT
Very recently GM Aurdun got the chakrel changed so you don't have to kneel to meditate on it. Considering how many people were asking for that I'd call it development. I think you're whining to whine and should be flat out ignored.
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 06:06 PM CDT
Ooo, I forgot about that - the change came right before I got Chakrel so it's technically always been that way for me. So, yeah, yet another reason not to bash Aurdun.

The head lands a heavy strike that pokes the head into your rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 06:53 PM CDT
It way too early to judge Aurdun. Considering he just recently got the job. His first release, the chakrel change was great. I now use my chakrel in combat all the time. He also seems to have a really great vision on the future of the guild.

On the same note, you can't proclaim him a great GM on planning alone. There have been plenty of promises in the past made by GMs of all guilds that have never been completed.

Maybe I am too gullible but I expect big things from Aurdun.
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 07:00 PM CDT
Jeez, I didn't even know he was new. How new, exactly? I usually like new people. They have a habit of fixing problems the old people were too stubborn or busy to fix. Just in general, not necessarily DR.

Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 07:24 PM CDT
charlie was "played" by former sgm Maelona. so he's gone. there will be someone else replacing him that provides similar functions most likely though.

all guilds go thru phases of inactivity. things will get better.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 07:46 PM CDT
Since the beginning of the 2008 I believe? To me that is still new for a GM. I think Aurdun has been pretty solid for his first half year.
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 07:49 PM CDT
Considering all the things he has on the "to do" list he gave us, I'd say give him another 6 months at least before you can do any judging.

Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 08:01 PM CDT
Exactly, If he does release new barbarian weapon abilities, he will be showered with booze and wenches.
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 08:04 PM CDT
LOTS of booze and wenches.

Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 08:39 PM CDT
Pretty sure he was working on dancing in water also, I think something got held up with that because I know he mentioned before he almost was done but probably some big system stepped in the way (ie water in DR). I haven't tried dancing in water anytime recently so if it did make it out I just missed it.

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 10:39 PM CDT
you also have to remember that adding code to a program as large as dr isn't easy because you have so many functions that have to link to the new code and old code that it needs to link too. then you have to test it to make sure its not going to mess up the game or interfere with other code. it takes time lots of time.
Re: who to bribe 08/07/2008 10:55 PM CDT
>>Corum's rant

God man, you need to join a guild like the Paladins and learn about how green the grass is. Do they even have a GM now? Everyone knows the Barbarians have one of the top guilds and if you can't remember all how good you have it it is easy to find out.
Re: who to bribe 08/08/2008 12:15 AM CDT
>>Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Shut up Corum.

We just came from having two great gm's and we're apparently in good hands now. I'll be testing his drinking qualifications tomorrow night. Stay tuned.

~Player behind Korutu Rippentropp
:Nudge: who to bribe 08/08/2008 10:55 AM CDT
Alright, no personal attacks here. Complaints are fine but let's keep it on topic and constructive. Thanks!

Questions and/or comments can be sent to MOD-Hagbar@play.net, Senior Board Moderator Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net or Board Supervisor Cecco at DR-Cecco@play.net.
Re: who to bribe 08/08/2008 12:35 PM CDT
>>God man, you need to join a guild like the Paladins and learn about how green the grass is. Do they even have a GM now?

What happened to Maece? Aside from that, there's Ssra.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: who to bribe 08/08/2008 04:23 PM CDT
Just because I have little bit of time and just left the Combat roundtable where I discussed some of this:

Charlie is not coming back in the way used to be. There will be maker's marks, but there will not be any until after forging 2.0. Not my call but I agree with it.

Dancing in water based on skill will be in QC shortly, but it has to wait a little while on something else.

Assuming it gets approved, when we take a look roars, you MAY (do NOT take this as gospel) not have to worry about roar for a little while.

That is what I am willing to talk about at this point.

And just for those who are wanting to know for sure, I have been on staff since January 2005 and in this position since February 2008.

More after Con.

~GM Aurdun
Barbarians' Guild Advocate
Gor'Tog Co-Champion

"Don't use logic on scientists. That's just mean." ~ GM Zeyurn
Re: who to bribe 08/08/2008 09:47 PM CDT
>>Assuming it gets approved, when we take a look roars, you MAY (do NOT take this as gospel) not have to worry about roar for a little while.

Someone explain this line to me because I am confused? When we look at roars we don't have to worry about roars?

....only thing I can possibly draw from this is that roars may be taken away and be put on preview?

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: who to bribe 08/09/2008 12:57 AM CDT
I'm sorry about that confusion. I'm using a new keyboard and it is not working well.

What I meant to say was "roar forgetting." And yes, your guess was correct, but at this point it is only a "possible" thing, so don't assume it to be fact.

~GM Aurdun
Barbarians' Guild Advocate
Gor'Tog Co-Champion

"Don't use logic on scientists. That's just mean." ~ GM Zeyurn
Re: who to bribe 08/09/2008 02:50 AM CDT
Dude. Awsome. I won't take it as gospel, but you can't stop me from getting my hopes up! ;)

To the OP: See? You don't need to bribe anyone. Aurdun'll try to work his magic anyway.

Re: who to bribe 08/09/2008 08:12 AM CDT
But... but... Aurdun shouldn't "work magic" at all... He must be channeling massive amounts of IF instead...

Re: who to bribe 08/09/2008 12:55 PM CDT
D'oh, good catch. That's what I meant, of course.

Being a War Mage is great. You get to rain all sorts of desctruction on people. Plus, you can blame your gas on Zephyr. Just wave your fingers and let it out.
-XXXX, explaining to my new character why he should join the Warrior Mage Guild.
Re: who to bribe 08/09/2008 03:08 PM CDT
>>But... but... Aurdun shouldn't "work magic" at all... He must be channeling massive amounts of IF instead...

For not working magic at all, he sure does have a rather large spellbook. I mean, he's able to put together more than 50 words all in one post! That's more spells than some magic-users get!

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: who to bribe 08/09/2008 11:40 PM CDT
>Charlie is not coming back in the way used to be

I hope that whoever replaces Charlie isnt some half-representative jackass of the Trader Guild like ol' Charlie.

>warn DragonRealms interact

* Connection to the game has been dropped.
Re: who to bribe 08/10/2008 07:04 PM CDT
I agree. The new guy should be full-blown Trader to properly deal with the paperwork involved.

GM Jaedren
Re: who to bribe 08/11/2008 11:32 AM CDT
The replacement to Charlie (whom I might be evil and name Charlie for laughs) will be an automated system that will get folks a mark or not based purely upon their relevant skills with a hard set requirement. As stated this will not occur prior to the rewrite and the mech split where we'll have the actual relevant new skills that actually indicate who spends time in the forge or not among other conciderations. There will be no GMNPC which you'll have to try to catch at unannounced random intervals who will make a decision as to if you are worthy or not in their eyes.

More details on this later. I'm very unworried about the specifics of how this will work as I'm more worried about getting the rewrite done so that I can resume worrying about how this will work.

GM Oolan Jeel

"This island is made mainly of coal and surrounded by fish. Only an organizing genius could produce a shortage of coal and fish at the same time." Aneurin Bevan, May 1945, on World War II rationing and shortages in England.
Re: who to bribe 08/11/2008 04:17 PM CDT
Do you ever worry about how much you worry about stuff?

Being a War Mage is great. You get to rain all sorts of desctruction on people. Plus, you can blame your gas on Zephyr. Just wave your fingers and let it out.
-XXXX, explaining to my new character why he should join the Warrior Mage Guild.
Re: who to bribe 08/12/2008 07:29 AM CDT
since my barbarian already has a mark, although she hasn't spent much time in the forge, -- as she had been told she had to train weapons higher in order to be effective in the forge - that is what she has been focusing on, training those weapons <although she DID make a katar it was well, a pretty awful katar. :-)

Now it was stated in the other folder that the lore primaries will be the best at creating things, although she would still like to forge, so should she now be spending her time folding paper instead of killing things like a good barbarian?

what's a tog to do!!!!

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: who to bribe 08/12/2008 11:56 AM CDT
heh, roll up an alt empath to power level for some decent mentals str and stamina (thinkin dwarf might be best) and then power train the smithing skill.

Drachus - Interprovincial Gold Champion, Kaith Kirm 370 AV - Open Team Combat, Division 2
Re: who to bribe 08/12/2008 09:25 PM CDT
i was thinking bard might be better. you get lore prime plus weapon training at 2ndary.

Re: who to bribe 08/14/2008 12:37 PM CDT
>There will be no GMNPC which you'll have to try to catch at unannounced random intervals who will make a decision as to if you are worthy or not in their eyes.

Does this mean custom marks will no longer be available? And since there will no longer be a person who arbitrarily decides whether someone is dwarf enough to get a mark or whatever fancies them that day...

>since my barbarian already has a mark, although she hasn't spent much time in the forge, -- as she had been told she had to train weapons higher in order to be effective in the forge - that is what she has been focusing on, training those weapons <although she DID make a katar it was well, a pretty awful katar. :-)

there will not be any players with marks who dont deserve them.

"Where there is enough evidence to charge someone with a crime, we vigorously prosecute, but not every wrong, or even every violation of the law, is a crime." - Attorney General Michael B. Mukasey
Prev_page Previous 1