1 3 Next Next_page
Re: Earthquake 03/13/2013 09:19 AM CDT
Under the old system my Discipline was far and away higher than any of my other stats, and Int/Wis were consistently among my highest non-Discipline stats (only really rivaled by Reflex at the time).

After 3.0 started approaching release, I did a bunch of testing and when it hit live in Prime I chose to respec into a stat setup that suited my goals and my character concept better. At this point Int/Wis are my lowest stats (though only by about 8 points). That's mostly because I play a Tog, and pumping those stats (and Reflex) unnaturally high was having a fairly devastating effect on the levels of my other stats, with very minimal benefit to my personal play style.

So I do now fit the "big dumb barb" cliche, but I'm pretty certain I'm the exception rather than the rule in that, at least when it comes to HLC barbs (as has already been shown by several of the others posting about their own stats so far).

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: Earthquake 03/13/2013 10:47 AM CDT
I trained as a dwarven smith.. My highest were disc and stam (dwarf and smith) and next strength (smith). BUT my next 2, above agility and reflexes were intel and wisdom. Today Wisdom is my top stat and then stamina and disc then strength. I am RAPIDLY working up intel. Being a weaponsmith I need to work tert skills hard.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Forging Guru of M'Riss
Re: Earthquake 03/13/2013 11:39 AM CDT
My disc/int total is greater than my str/sta or my agi/ref total.

Intel/Disc played such an enormous factor in dances and BMR that making the claim that most Barbs didn't train their mentals as much as physicals would leave you in for a surprise.

My character is Prydaen and comes with a penalty to discipline and wisdom or else those two stats would be much higher, especially discipline.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Earthquake 03/13/2013 07:10 PM CDT

Whistle this, character profiler. This is Rmel, pretty much a beast at circle 100. Dis/Char/Reflex. Wis/Int is tied with strength and stamina.

Rmel Cynic (Prime) [Last Updated: 2010-04-10 19:49:44]
1 Guild: Barbarian
1 Circle: 100
1 Race: S'Kra Mur
1 Gender: Male
Strength: 40 Reflex: 60
Agility: 60 Charisma: 54
Discipline: 70 Wisdom: 40
Intelligence: 40 Stamina: 40
Favors: 14 Max: 310
TDPs: 139

http://drp.whistlethis.com/v.php?def=156
Re: Earthquake 03/13/2013 08:08 PM CDT
level 46 TOG barb

Strength : 33 + Reflex : 30
Agility : 30 Charisma : 16
Discipline : 35 Wisdom : 35
Intelligence : 36 Stamina : 40

my other tog barb circle 160+

Strength : 100 + Reflex : 84 +
Agility : 76 Charisma : 70
Discipline : 80 Wisdom : 90
Intelligence : 90 Stamina : 96

Not training INT/disc and Wisdom is insane. I think you just like to pretend people are attacking you personally, and use that as an excuse to not ever admit your wrong and/or don't know what your talking about.
Re: Earthquake 03/13/2013 08:17 PM CDT

My circle 62 Barb. Need to bump up charisma.

Strength : 30 Reflex : 48
Agility : 41 Charisma : 29
Discipline : 48 Wisdom : 29
Intelligence : 31 Stamina : 30

Concentration : 220 Max : 220
Re: Earthquake 03/14/2013 07:54 AM CDT
>Not training INT/disc and Wisdom is insane. I think you just like to pretend people are attacking you personally, and use that as an excuse to not ever admit your wrong and/or don't know what your talking about.

As a genuine question, are you basing that on anything more than this particular conversation tangent? Because I already agreed that there are obviously barbarians who train mentals on par with their physicals.
Re: Earthquake 03/21/2013 07:44 PM CDT

My circle 150 barb.

Strength : 45 Reflex : 85
Agility : 85 Charisma : 80
Discipline : 80 Wisdom : 80
Intelligence : 80 Stamina : 65

Funny how must barbs actually have great mentals?
1 3 Next Next_page