Prev_page Previous 1
Discipline 09/02/2007 08:09 AM CDT
So, the age old question of how much discipline affects berserks.

I personally am a berserking\roaring barb and never dance at all. I want my berserks to be at the top of their game. So I don't train discipline and I train strength\agility\stamina more (this is correct right?). What puts me off about this is that, dances aside, doesn't this significantly hurt my BMR? I always hear that discipline is the key ingredient to BMR. Also, another thing is that to get the most bang for your buck on magic resistance we are told to train the lowest costing stat......which I am obviously not doing if I don't train discipline. Right now the gap between discipline and my second lowest stat is only 6, but compared to my highest stat, the gap is 18.

So I guess the question is, when is it better to train discipline without affecting your berserks? I {think} I remember Iayn saying that to have discipline affect berserks significantly it would have to be higher than strength\agil\stamina (is that correct)? But since I am a berserking barb, I don't want discipline affecting my berserks at all....0 negative affect. I also don't want to get pwnd!11 by spells either. This is something that i wish I could test, but I can't without spending more money. (which I won't :)

I wish I could hear from a barb guru a decisive, "If you keep discipline x lower or <something here > with strength\stamina\agility, it will have 0 negative affect on berserks."

that would be very helpful.....and fair I might add.

Codiax.

Inner peace, through outer violence.
Experts: www.robsonforensic.com
Re: Discipline 09/02/2007 11:10 AM CDT
>>I personally am a berserking\roaring barb and never dance at all. I want my berserks to be at the top of their game. So I don't train discipline and I train strength\agility\stamina more (this is correct right?). What puts me off about this is that, dances aside, doesn't this significantly hurt my BMR? I always hear that discipline is the key ingredient to BMR. Also, another thing is that to get the most bang for your buck on magic resistance we are told to train the lowest costing stat......which I am obviously not doing if I don't train discipline. Right now the gap between discipline and my second lowest stat is only 6, but compared to my highest stat, the gap is 18.

Training stats aside, just by choosing a berserk over a dance you're tanking your BMR potential and most likely your roar potential (I'd take dragon over nightmare anyday). Personally I'm starting to believe that when damissak posted "the best way to raise bmr is to train the lowest-cost stats" isn't something that can be taken at full value.

>>So, the age old question of how much discipline affects berserks.

I doubt discipline effects berserks in such a way that they'd be useless to you. I dont use berserks much but I thought all the mental stats have a negative impact on berserks so you'd have to be neglecting all of them to really get the full effect (and even then I highly doubt you'd notice a difference).
Re: Discipline 09/02/2007 01:02 PM CDT
>>(I'd take dragon over nightmare anyday).

Does Dragon have a bigger intimidation boost than nightmare? I haven't really done any testing since I assumed Nightmare had a bigger boost.

Or does Dragon have a pretty nice boost that isn't far from Nightmare, but is a better choice since it does way more than Nightmare? If so I'd probably be more inclined to using Dragon then if I plan on roaring.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Discipline 09/02/2007 02:02 PM CDT
>>Training stats aside, just by choosing a berserk over a dance you're tanking your BMR potential and most likely your roar potential

I don't really agree with that. It is said that berserk steel gives a pretty significant bonus to BMR, along with the stat bonuses that increase BMR. All stats are weighted equal in the equation, so neglecting discipline in favor of the other stats won't be signficantly disrupting you.

At circle 35 I have 177 combined stat points. My intellignece is only 6 however. Now if I'd raised intelligence 15 points to bring it in line with my other stats (at the cost of 2 points of reflex) you'd be looking at a 7% increase in my BMR statistically. I hardly find that signficant because those 2 extra points of reflex are probably doing much more for me in the long run.

Also according to phii's site:

lowest
Wolverine dance
Panther dance
Dragon dance
Berserk nightmare
Berserk grave
Berserk kuniyo
Berserk everild
Berserk trothfang
highest

Berserks gives a larger bonus to intimidation than dancing does. I have found there is a hard cap on the amount of intimidation you may have, factored by charisma, roar helms, warpaint, screech and other factors. I've noticed that when using warpaint + warhelm, zerk nightmare isn't really much help. But I guess peoples' mileage may vary.

Ever wonder why one bonus of warpaint is an intimidation boost, and another is a charisma boost? Well if intimidation has its own global cap, and charisma has its own global cap, then using warhelm + nightmare might cap your intimidation and render the warpaint intimidation boost useless. But you can use wapaint for a charisma boost that would further pump up your ability to affect people.

Just some thoughts on the topic.

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: Discipline 09/02/2007 02:23 PM CDT
>>Ever wonder why one bonus of warpaint is an intimidation boost, and another is a charisma boost? Well if intimidation has its own global cap, and charisma has its own global cap, then using warhelm + nightmare might cap your intimidation and render the warpaint intimidation boost useless. But you can use wapaint for a charisma boost that would further pump up your ability to affect people.

Interesting. I wonder if intimidation does have it's own global cap.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Discipline 09/02/2007 11:16 PM CDT
>>It is said that berserk steel gives a pretty significant bonus to BMR, along with the stat bonuses that increase BMR. All stats are weighted equal in the equation, so neglecting discipline in favor of the other stats won't be signficantly disrupting you.

At lower circles what I said may not apply (all the stacking berserks make it tough to analzye them as a whole). Its a hard proven fact that at higher levels berserks tank BMR compared to dances.
Re: Discipline 09/03/2007 11:38 AM CDT
Interesting. I could have sworn one of the GMs posted that berserk steel gives the largest BMR boost of anything. Time to do some digging!

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: Discipline 09/03/2007 11:46 AM CDT
Berserk Steel gives the largest raw BMR boost out of anything, yes. But the overall BMR boost isn't bigger than Dragon's because Dragon also boost more stats.

So if Dragon didn't boost those extra stats, then Steel would definitely have a bigger net BMR boost. Of course, it may vary from character to character. With my low discipline, Steel may give a bigger boost, but with high discipline I'm fairly sure Dragon does.

Vinjince

- Sima Yi
Re: Discipline 09/03/2007 03:17 PM CDT
I hear you there. I think the other factor is dragon slowly drains IF down, wheras with Steel the IF hit is all at the start. So initially you notice better BMR with Dragon, leading into better BMR with Steel later in the berserk (assuming you are killing things). Hopefully when BMR is reviewed these things can all be rebalanced to make sense.

Re: Discipline 09/03/2007 04:32 PM CDT
>I think the other factor is dragon slowly drains IF down, wheras with Steel the IF hit is all at the start. So initially you notice better BMR with Dragon, leading into better BMR with Steel later in the berserk (assuming you are killing things).

I'd be willing to bet good money that with decent/good (great?) discipline Dragon will net you higher net BMR than Steel, even if you manage to get back to full IF while using Steel.

I haven't done any extensive testing, but I have yet to see any evidence to say otherwise from either a player or GM. GMs have stated that Steel gives a larger straight BMR boost than Dragon though, aside from the stat boosts.

Dragoonseal
Re: Discipline 10/21/2007 02:37 PM CDT
Another thing to keep in mind is that it has been stated (if necessary I'll track it down) that discipline will only cause problems with berserks if its far above other stats.

Magic's Death Caraamon M.,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Discipline 10/23/2007 12:35 PM CDT
I've been trying hard to think... is there any other ability in any other guild in which a high stat is detrimental to that ability?
Re: Discipline 10/23/2007 01:34 PM CDT
>>Another thing to keep in mind is that it has been stated (if necessary I'll track it down) that discipline will only cause problems with berserks if its far above other stats.

Right now this is my stat breakdown.

Strength : 36 Reflex : 50
Agility : 40 Charisma : 40
Discipline : 50 Wisdom : 40
Intelligence : 40 Stamina : 40

I saw no loss of power from my berserks as I took discipline to 50. Perhaps that is because most of my stats are relatively even. Next on the list is strength to 40 then stamina to 50 then charisma to 50.

-Galren Moonskin

!>You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde screaming in barbaric approval of your deeds.
Re: Discipline 10/23/2007 01:37 PM CDT
>>I've been trying hard to think... is there any other ability in any other guild in which a high stat is detrimental to that ability?

I can't think of a single one. I know a few that low stats hurt but nothing where having too much of a stat hurts. I'm suspect to the exact penalty discipline gives to berserks. I'm sure if I had 50 discipline and 10 in everything else there might be a noticible difference but as it stands now, staying relatively balanced and playing to my stat strengths I haven't noticed much of a drop off. If Iayn didn't tell us himself I might not believe it.

-Galren Moonskin

!>You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde screaming in barbaric approval of your deeds.
Re: Discipline 10/23/2007 10:02 PM CDT
I saw it until I was forced to up certain physicals for other reasons.

Iayn at one point told me personally I was in the hit zone, then called me a mage.
Re: Discipline 10/24/2007 02:20 AM CDT
>I've been trying hard to think... is there any other ability in any other guild in which a high stat is detrimental to that ability?

Moon Mages and Charisma. Unless you don't count spells as abilities. The highest success of Hypnotize isn't as useful as the one right below it... Or something, my MM doesn't have the spell.

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
>Aren't I pretty, now fall down on my ice, fool! ~ Axillus
Re: Discipline 10/24/2007 02:37 AM CDT
>>Moon Mages and Charisma. Unless you don't count spells as abilities. The highest success of Hypnotize isn't as useful as the one right below it... Or something, my MM doesn't have the spell.

Uh...highest effect is immobilization. So I don't know what you're talking about.

I am --- Navak
Re: Discipline 10/24/2007 03:03 AM CDT
<<Uh...highest effect is immobilization. So I don't know what you're talking about.

I direct your attention to the Moon Mage folders where there have been numerous requests to fix Mental Blast (and to a lesser degree Hypnotize) because the highest 'success' is often less desirable than the next best success. The problem is once you're past a certain level of stats, these spells will always grant the highest success even with min-prep snap -- assuming you hunting critters and are not overhunting by a large margin. For training purposes, this can be a bit of an annoyance. In the case of Hypnotize, a mid-duration prone and passive critter that you can command (the next best success) is loads better for training than a short duration immobilized one (the best success.) In the case of Mental Blast a stunned critter (the next best success) is better for training purposes than a sleeping one (the best success.) There are uses for all those conditions, but the root of the problem is that with training in mentals, two of those options quickly become unavailable.

-Evran

<<Dartenian says, "Welcome to the Bard Meeting! Tonight's agenda will consist primarily of finalizing our plans for global conquest."
Re: Discipline 10/24/2007 05:07 AM CDT
I've always felt penalized for training reflex to extreme levels (Prydaen). At level I often evade too much and can't parry or shield block, making it a complete pain to work multi, parry, and armors in general, especially without frying my state of mind. That along with a high multi means I'm forced to train in very high multi situations, or it just doesn't work, period.

But now with critter retreating its all utterly screwed beyond belief, aggravating the above problem ten fold and I can't train anything other than maybe shield and evasion worth a damn, so I guess the reflex issue is kind of moot.

>I direct your attention to the Moon Mage folders where there have been numerous requests to fix Mental Blast (and to a lesser degree Hypnotize) because the highest 'success' is often less desirable than the next best success. The problem is once you're past a certain level of stats, these spells will always grant the highest success even with min-prep snap

I love when even Moon Mages complain that it's too strong.

Dragoonseal
Re: Discipline 10/24/2007 05:13 AM CDT
Get and use an ogre buckler. Insane hinderance will REALLY reduce the amount of dodging you do.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Discipline 10/24/2007 06:03 AM CDT
<<>The problem is once you're past a certain level of stats, these spells will always grant the highest success even with min-prep snap

<<I love when even Moon Mages complain that it's too strong.

I just want to point out you left the last part of my sentence of which qualified that statement only for situations where a moon mage is hunting critters for training. Players resist it much more than trainable critters do, so in PvP situations it works as a spell with varying degrees of success should, providing levels of success based on mana and prep time. Its not that its too strong, its more that Moon Mages typically hunt farther down the critter ladder from other guilds with equivalent stats, so the spell usually doesn't balance well in those situations because of the disparity of stats between the Moon Mage and those critters.

-Evran

<<Dartenian says, "Welcome to the Bard Meeting! Tonight's agenda will consist primarily of finalizing our plans for global conquest."
Re: Discipline 10/24/2007 08:32 AM CDT
>>At level I often evade too much and can't parry or shield block, making it a complete pain to work multi, parry, and armors in general, especially without frying my state of mind. That along with a high multi means I'm forced to train in very high multi situations, or it just doesn't work, period.

>>Get and use an ogre buckler. Insane hinderance will REALLY reduce the amount of dodging you do.

Just stance down evasion. Experiement and find out at what % you can safely continue to dance with what you want to while working parry/shield.

Ogre bucklers are pretty crappy shields. Find something really good and just stance down if need be :)

-Galren Moonskin

Re: Discipline 10/24/2007 04:50 PM CDT
> Just stance down evasion. Experiement and find out at what % you can safely continue to dance with what you want to while working parry/shield.

>Ogre bucklers are pretty crappy shields. Find something really good and just stance down if need be :)

>-Galren Moonskin

First I just try and cut other advantages by purposely staying solidly balanced and using moves with bad defensive modifiers like circle, weave, or brawling moves in general. But if that isn't enough, and it rarely is, especially if I'm berserking, then yes unfortunately that's usually what it comes to and I'll pull yet more stance points from evasion into parry or shield. I have many macro keys to assist with this, but again these are Flaming Hoops Of Asinine Ridiculousness that I or anyone else should not have to bloody well jump through. Thus, I feel penalized for having trained reflex and multi to high levels.

I just wish Barbarians could shunt extra stance points into our Attack stance (past 100%), because I really hate splitting up defenses between shield and parry at the same time, and that just seems like a logical Barbarian ability anyway.

And yes, please never suggest anyone use an ogre buckler, I'm sure they quite literately reduce your evasion down to zero and you have nothing to go off of other than your reflex bonus.

Dragoonseal
Re: Discipline 10/24/2007 04:55 PM CDT
>>I have many macro keys to assist with this, but again these are Flaming Hoops Of Asinine Ridiculousness that I or anyone else should not have to bloody well jump through. Thus, I feel penalized for having trained reflex and multi to high levels.

Why? You do realize that the STANCE verb was redone right? You don't need macros or mini scripts or anything.

You can set up to 5 of them and customize them at your liking. It couldn't possibly get any easier. Nobody is penalized for having high reflexes. I certainly ain't with 50.

>>I just wish Barbarians could shunt extra stance points into our Attack stance (past 100%), because I really hate splitting up defenses between shield and parry at the same time, and that just seems like a logical Barbarian ability anyway.

Don't then. Splitting them 3 ways is a pretty bad idea if you ask me. I do like the idea of extra offensive points however we're already in a offensive top-heavy game. I can't do much more than 1 hit folks I already 1 hit.

-Galren Moonskin

Re: Discipline 10/24/2007 04:55 PM CDT
>I just want to point out you left the last part of my sentence of which qualified that statement only for situations where a moon mage is hunting critters for training. Players resist it much more than trainable critters do, so in PvP situations it works as a spell with varying degrees of success should, providing levels of success based on mana and prep time. Its not that its too strong, its more that Moon Mages typically hunt farther down the critter ladder from other guilds with equivalent stats, so the spell usually doesn't balance well in those situations because of the disparity of stats between the Moon Mage and those critters.

>-Evran

I don't remember saying a thing about PvP.

Dragoonseal
Re: Discipline 10/24/2007 05:31 PM CDT
>Why? You do realize that the STANCE verb was redone right? You don't need macros or mini scripts or anything.

>You can set up to 5 of them and customize them at your liking. It couldn't possibly get any easier.

I'm already using all 5 just for the basic stances.

100 Attack, 80 Evasion, 100 Shield
100 Attack, 80 Evasion, 100 Parry
0 Attack, 100 Evasion, 100 Shield, Remainder in Parry
0 Attack, 100 Evasion, 100 Parry, Remainder in Shield
100 Attack, 100 Evasion, 80 Parry (Serious combat)

Anything more intricate than that and it's back to the ol \xstance evasion 60\rstance shield 20\r.

>Nobody is penalized for having high reflexes. I certainly ain't with 50.

Oh, you're right, I forgot State of Mind isn't impacted by evasion when you aren't learning shield/parry and multi, and that it isn't impacted by armors when you aren't learning shield/parry and multi, and that it isn't impacted by multi itself when it's overlocking. Wait, yeah it is, damn =(. And by high reflexes, I mean I had more than 50 reflex back when I was still in my 40s circles.

>Don't then. Splitting them 3 ways is a pretty bad idea if you ask me.

I could just let it sit there and do nothing, but if I already have my parry stance at 100 and I'm reducing evasion even more, then there isn't much point in not at least draining it into shield stance (I use an arm worn shield, too lazy to wear/remove them).

>I do like the idea of extra offensive points however we're already in a offensive top-heavy game. I can't do much more than 1 hit folks I already 1 hit.

I agree, unfortunately, but I'll always be vying for more 'mundane' Barbarian abilities.

Dragoonseal
Re: Discipline 10/24/2007 07:01 PM CDT
The issue with mental blast isn't that you're penalized deliberately by the system. The problem is that the spell is screwy because stun/immobilization changed and the spell didn't change with it.
Re: Discipline 10/25/2007 05:35 AM CDT
Calm goes through stages, at least with PCs.

I am --- Navak
Re: Discipline 10/25/2007 07:48 AM CDT
<<Calm goes through stages, at least with PCs.

It does with critters too, but the overall duration of the full success is actually shorter in spite of it progressing through stages. That equates to less time to command, more time before being able to issue any commands, more of a penalty to learning because of the initial immobilization, and more time spent recasting the spell to keep any crowds of critters managable. None of this is to say full success is not desirable in every situation or that the effect is less than useful. The point is that improving your stats shouldn*'*t lead to a reduction in the options available, which is what happens with both Hypnotize and MB when hunting critters for training even with only a moderate amount of mentals. I'm done with repeating myself.

-Evran

Re: Discipline 10/25/2007 08:05 AM CDT
>>The point is that improving your stats shouldn't lead to a reduction in the options available,

Welcome to the conversation. WE AGREE WITH YOU.

HOWEVER (read this next part carefully) the current incarnations of MB/CALM were not written so as at X discipline you lose desired effects of the spell. READ THAT AGAIN, SLOWLY.

It just so happens that the desired results occur in the mid range with MB. With our berserks if you power train discipline, apparently your berserks become weaker. THIS WAS CODED IN THERE FOR THAT EXPRESS PURPOSE. It wasn't some byproduct of evolving systems like with MB.

-Galren Moonskin

Re: Discipline 10/25/2007 08:16 AM CDT
>THIS WAS CODED IN THERE FOR THAT EXPRESS PURPOSE. It wasn't some byproduct of evolving systems like with MB.

That is entirely beside the point. Someone said that they couldn't think of another ability where training a stat had a negative effect. It has been pointed out on several occasions that MB and Calm are in this same situation. It is undesirable to train Charisma if you intend to use these spells on critters, because you lose versatility. Just because it was not designed that way, does not mean it isn't that way now. How it got there isn't what the discussion was about.

Re: Discipline 10/25/2007 10:11 AM CDT
>>That is entirely beside the point.

NO NO IT ISN'T BESIDE THE POINT.

>>How it got there isn't what the discussion was about.

The discussion at hand was any abilities out there that purposely get negative effects when you train one stat (in this instance discipline) heavily over another.

MB does in fact get stronger. Go ahead, say that out loud a few times. Let it sink in.

The problem you folks have with it is that you cannot learn weapons when things are unconscious because it garners little to no ranks. Notice, the ability to drop someone unconscious is more powerful than the ability to stun them. It is just less useful in the training sense.

Speaking purely in terms of raw power your spell does NOT get weaker. Berserks can and do get weaker when you find yourself heavily lopsided in discipline compared to all your other stats.

I see your "negative effect" of training charisma... but in no way does it make the ability "weaker" in terms of raw power. You just find it less useful because you were too lazy to train a weapon along the way and feel that knocking them unconscious so they cannot fight back should allow you to use those 100 medium edge ranks in malchata. THIS IS AN ISSUE WITH HOW EXPERIENCE IS GAINED FROM CREATURES WHO ARE UNDER CERTAIN EFFECTS.

-Galren Moonskin

Re: Discipline 10/25/2007 11:25 AM CDT
>I see your "negative effect" of training charisma

Aparently you don't. It's been said a couple of times. The total time a creature is hindered is lower with higher success. The penalty may be greater for some of that time, but it is still less time.

>You just find it less useful because you were too lazy blah blah

I don't even have either of the spells. I was pointing out another ability that training a stat has negative effects on. The spells become less useful with more Charisma. That is all anybody has been saying.

Re: Discipline 10/25/2007 12:35 PM CDT
As an 141st circle moon mage, I can relate to the calm/MB issue. However, Galren has a point, it really isn't the same at all. The discipline penalty is unique because it is an intended effect. Personally, I think it is lame and just prevents most barbarians from focusing 'too much' on discipline.
Re: Discipline 10/25/2007 04:40 PM CDT
>>The discipline penalty is unique because it is an intended effect.

Felt the need to bold that.

Vinjince

- Sima Yi
Nudge: Discipline 10/25/2007 09:08 PM CDT
I think everything that could be said, has been said regarding the mental blast and calm spells. Please move on if there is nothing new to add.

Questions and/or comments can be sent to MOD-Hagbar@play.net, Senior Board Moderator Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net or Board Supervisor Cecco at DR-Cecco@play.net.
Discipline tanking my berserk already? 11/30/2009 12:21 PM CST
Hi,
So I trained my discipline up one point yesterday (to 26) and my berserks are seriously suffering. I've noticed a big decrease in their power and duration and a noticeable increase in inner fire usage.

Here are the rest of my stats:
Strength : 30 Reflex : 30
Agility : 30 Charisma : 28
Discipline : 26 Wisdom : 25
Intelligence : 26 Stamina : 30

I did some research and I found a forum message from 2006 where Navak reported the same sort of thing when he trained discipline 1 point to 26. His physical stats were higher than mine are though.

So my question is this: is 26 discipline a big threshold for berserks? I always thought that if I kept my discipline a few points below str/agi/stam then I wouldn't see an impact to my berserks. Will I be able to undo the damage by training up the physical stats? My intention is to primarily berserk but keep my discipline high enough where dances are somewhat effective for niche purposes. I hope I haven't borked that by crossing some invisible line in discipline.
Re: Discipline tanking my berserk already? 11/30/2009 01:04 PM CST
How many minutes does your berserk last? Which berserk(s) are you using? Are you initiating the berserk(s) while in combat? If you can, show via a log what you are doing. Basically, more information is always helpful if you want to determine your situation:

<<I've noticed a big decrease in their power and duration and a noticeable increase in inner fire usage.>>

We'll see. ;)

- Simon
Re: Discipline tanking my berserk already? 11/30/2009 01:34 PM CST
I don't have logs of before I raised discipline but I can get one from after.

When I enter combat I always berserk stone first (from full IF) and dance a bit to get my defenses moving and to get a good swarm going. When my IF reaches full again I berserk blood and get down to business. When IF reaches full again after that, I add berserk nightmare. I could never maintain cyclone with the other three for very long, so I rarely used it.

I don't have firm numbers here, but I'll try to be as accurate as possible. Before I raised discipline, berserking stone from full IF would drop me to "over your height again above you" and it would take a minute or so (I never stopwatched it) to fully recover and berserk blood. But now, after raising discipline, it went to "nearly your full height again above you" when I used stone and it takes about three times as long to refill - I'm guessing due to the IF burn during usage. Again, not firm numbers, just antecdotal, but I've been using this strategy long enough that I have a pretty good sense of how long it takes to refill.

The defense and damage protection from stone isn't as strong now, but the better example of lower berserk power is from blood. Before raising discipline I was getting hits of good/solid/hard with my first few strikes. But now I'm seeing brushing/glancing/light. Either the skill boost or the strength boost isn't what it once was.

As for durations - previously I had no trouble keeping all three berserks running at once. From my stone/recharge/blood/recharge/nightmare invocations I would have a solid 15 minutes before stone would drop and I'd restart the process. But now my IF isn't even refilled from launching nightmare before stone drops. That might be because it takes me longer to get to the point where I can berserk nightmare as well as reduced duration for stone.

I'm always in combat when I berserk. I'm continuously in combat (I try not to kill the last enemy before a fresh one enters the room). I have no encumbrance, the weapon isn't damaged, and I begin my hunt without any wounds or scars.

Hope this helps.
Re: Discipline tanking my berserk already? 11/30/2009 01:46 PM CST
Are you still learning weapons well from the creature you are fighting? I'm not sure how it is calculated in, but IF regen rate is boosted by killing things you learn from....by learn from, I am not sure if learning well = greater boost than just learning, or learning slowly? That information was never devulged to my knowledge.

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Prev_page Previous 1