Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 01:36 PM CST
nevermind, works, apparently the location i was at did not work with esp
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 01:39 PM CST

This new system is entirely badass. You guys continue to innovate in new, exciting ways.

~Xinphinity
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 01:42 PM CST
Yeah, this issue has come up in-game too. There are areas of the game where gwethdesuans won't activate and those continue to function (dysfunction?). If a Jadeite/Kyanite gweth doesn't seem to want to play right, try putting it on in a normal area of the game rather than special rooms or fest areas.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 01:56 PM CST

Now that we have this new system... can we possibly make the Fest a Gweth-able area?
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 01:57 PM CST

So far I like the changes, but is it possible to adjust being able to change some of the ESP settings without waiting for a RT? I suppose its like your character tuning the gweth etc but trying to hunt and say tune back and forth to talk to different channels is a huge pain. I get some of the cooldown/timers etc but perhaps that could be reviewed?

I doubt there is any better way to do it but having to do esp send channel then think seems a bit cumbersome then switching back etc. Can be quite a fun conversation you may have with a few people on trade, guild, maybe race and switching all back and forth etc.

This could be me just complaining for no reason though just my thoughts.
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 02:05 PM CST
Yeah, I wes going to see about making the ESP command not respect RT but it slipped off my plate in the crunch. I'll see what I can do.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 02:15 PM CST
That turned out to be far easier than I imagined.

The ESP verb can now be used in roundtime.

-Armifer
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 02:58 PM CST
Thanks! Good things! Good work!
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 03:07 PM CST

>Now that we have this new system... can we possibly make the Fest a Gweth-able area?

an entire festival channel would be cool, or if the festival took generic channel and filtered out only non festival thoughts. maybe a more generic events channel is more appropriate. When in the festival it would be nice to be able to communicate with other festival goers specifically
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 03:08 PM CST
sometime between now and oct 2017 would be fine. :D

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 03:09 PM CST
Apologies for the double, are channel passwords considered ic or ooc?

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 03:22 PM CST
Talking about OOC IC, can someone help me understand this concept of ESP.

Far instance what is it about elves that has them have their own racial channel, or elotheans? I guess I can kinda see different genes result in slightly different wave length thought pattern ESP channel?

Same goes for these guild channels, what exactly is this set up.

Is the password for the ESP private channel kinda like the frequency the thoughts are being chosen to resonate on?

I'm just trying to kinda understand what exactly is going on with thought patterns on the psuedo-science magical side of DR, that has allowed our characters to do this stuff.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 S.V.o.L.t.R
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 03:56 PM CST
>>Far instance what is it about elves that has them have their own racial channel, or elotheans? I guess I can kinda see different genes result in slightly different wave length thought pattern ESP channel?

You've pretty much voiced my thoughts on the issue. Differing brains resulting in a subtly different "frequency" that can be exploited if the person wishes.

>>Same goes for these guild channels, what exactly is this set up.

This is murkier, but my broad intention is it has to do with a common link and worldview due to training and supernatural powers. It's not strictly or necessarily a supernatural difference, but the experience of exposure to the same forces of supernature leaves its marks on how they think and conceptualize, and once again this can be exploited.

>>Is the password for the ESP private channel kinda like the frequency the thoughts are being chosen to resonate on?

I am imagining this is a literal password. IC, mind you (and bear in mind GMs can and do monitor all channels, so tasteful is a plus as well), but the idea that they're literally obfuscating their thoughts behind a shared code word/passage/numerial sequence/whatever.

-Armifer
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 04:05 PM CST
I definitely like these changes. Thanks for the work Armifer. You've got me wearing Gweths again.
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 06:30 PM CST
Very cool release. Chat's obviously a huge part of DR and this change makes it way better.

Thanks!
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 09:55 PM CST

>an entire festival channel would be cool

I'd like to second this as well! It's jarring to have General be dominated by conversation about who is dying in what festival event.
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 10:08 PM CST
Why not make a private channel called HE421.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/11/2016 10:56 PM CST
Thank you so much! I really like it all so far!

I only have one question, which is, are the arrest mechanics working as intended?

>You rub your kyanite gwethdesuan.
>Since you already have telepathy, nothing more happens.

But then, checking ESP CHANNELS, everything is shut off. I'm also unsure if being arrested used up a charge or not.
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/12/2016 08:09 AM CST
I was curious about the messaging between thinking to someone who isn't wearing a gweth, and thinking to someone who has their personal channel off.

Thinking to them when their Personal channel is off:
Your attempt to make mental contact is thwarted.

Thinking to them when their Personal channel is on, but they've just taken off their gweth:
You project your thoughts to Friend.

Thinking to them when their Personal channel is off, and they've just taken off their gweth:
Your attempt to make mental contact is thwarted.

No one was gwething on any other channel while we were testing this, so we were unable to determine if they were still able to listen to other channels with their gweth off. They were unable to think back to me, however, so the recieving was only one-way.

We've also noted that when they took their gweth off, and then put it back on, it broke. Likely just out of charges. When they put their spare one on, all their previously activated channels were still activated. Which leads me to the conclusion that having all your channels shut off after being arrested is... a bug? Or else taking off and putting on a different gweth and having the channels not reset is a bug.

We're both very sorry if we broke anything while testing this. We won't do it any more!
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/12/2016 08:49 AM CST
Being arrested resetting your channels is an oversight I'll fix today. The proper function is that your channel selection is persistent across activations of ESP.

I am uncertain if I want to require ESP to receive personal messages or not.

-Armifer
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/12/2016 11:44 AM CST
I attempted to sell my albredine ring to the Pawn broker. And he gave me this line that it would be worth more to Moon Mages as a chain, since when do rings break to chains, is this intended?

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
GM NaOHHI
---
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/12/2016 11:47 AM CST
>I am uncertain if I want to require ESP to receive personal messages or not.

Am I understanding that your saying that a Moon Mage can't automatically pierce into a person's mind and give them a mental note anymore? (This used to be a thing, but may have been done a way for a while and I just didn't stay up to date with Moon Mages abilities.

---
DR-SOCHARIS

---
GM NaOHHI
---
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/12/2016 12:06 PM CST
>Am I understanding that your saying that a Moon Mage can't automatically pierce into a person's mind and give them a mental note anymore? (This used to be a thing, but may have been done a way for a while and I just didn't stay up to date with Moon Mages abilities.

Naw, i think he means ESP Personal set as default ON. I wish all the ESP channels defaulted ON initially and then could be set as OFF as desired. For all the help listed there are some people struggling with it.

A Moon Mage can still use Thoughtcast to directly contact you psychically no matter what your ESP settings are.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/12/2016 12:08 PM CST
>>Am I understanding that your saying that a Moon Mage can't automatically pierce into a person's mind and give them a mental note anymore? (This used to be a thing, but may have been done a way for a while and I just didn't stay up to date with Moon Mages abilities.

No, I'm talking about the SEND verb. Right now if I'm remembering correctly I have it set so that you don't need ESP on to receive a message, except that you needed it on at least once in the past to set yourself receptive to them. I'm unsure if I want that situation to stay or to tweak it in some way.

-Armifer
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/12/2016 12:11 PM CST
>>I wish all the ESP channels defaulted ON initially and then could be set as OFF as desired. For all the help listed there are some people struggling with it.

It's kinda ugly to do that quickly post-release, since now people are getting the channels set and if I switch the meaning of the bits around I'd confuse the situation even more. There's more elegant solutions, I grant, but they'd take time enough that people are probably going to have the situation figured out before I could implement it.

-Armifer
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/12/2016 12:32 PM CST
I updated the arrest mechanics to properly work with ESP 2.0. Now it should be removing your ESP correctly, while leaving your channel settings intact.

As a small bonus, arrest no longer shuts off ESP provided by Thoughtcast.

-Armifer
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/12/2016 04:02 PM CST
Another thought while we're looking at gweths. Is there a strong reason to prevent using ESP during roundtime? We are allowed to speak during RT, why not think/send?

- Navesi
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/12/2016 04:14 PM CST
>>Another thought while we're looking at gweths. Is there a strong reason to prevent using ESP during roundtime? We are allowed to speak during RT, why not think/send?

I'll give it some thought and ask a few others.

-Armifer
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/12/2016 05:05 PM CST
Please don't allow private thoughts to go though without an ESP device or the channel turned on. Some of us might want to avoid the harassment that is sure to happen that way.
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/13/2016 12:06 AM CST

Thoughts window isn't working Wizard with the new system...
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/13/2016 10:41 PM CST
Any update on fixing thought windows for Wizard & Avalon?
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/13/2016 11:53 PM CST
Can you give an ETA on when this will get pushed live in Plat?

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/14/2016 10:48 AM CST
>>Any update on fixing thought windows for Wizard & Avalon?

None yet.

>>Can you give an ETA on when this will get pushed live in Plat?

Probably today. I had intended to push it live on Friday, but there were enough bugs and tweaks coming out that it was more practical to just keep a single live version updated.

-Armifer
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/14/2016 02:29 PM CST

I want to again applaud the work done on this system. I find myself talking to people I haven't communicated with since I took my gweth off about 6 or so mo ago.
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/14/2016 06:03 PM CST
Thanks for the arrest change! I have but one more request... which is more to do with the new verbs than anything. Could you make them work while using CLIMB PRACTICE? I can THINK TO someone, or THINK in general, but I can't use ESP or SEND without stopping my practice. There may be other instances like that... Empathic shifting? I've never tried to communicate during that. Climbing temple stairs?
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/14/2016 07:40 PM CST
Is it possible to make 'think to <channel> <message>' a possibility? Changing channels manually before a reply is tedious.
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/14/2016 08:24 PM CST
>>Liquidtheorems: Is it possible to make 'think to <channel> <message>' a possibility? Changing channels manually before a reply is tedious.

I don't know if THINK TO will work, because it's still set up for the personal channel, but I would like to see a single command option.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Paladin new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Paladin_new_player_guide

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/15/2016 02:31 AM CST
More questions / suggestions.

It seems post-death that your activated channels are reset. Could either this be a saved setting, or could gweths just come with all channels on as default? Or, could there be a command to turn on all channels at once?
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/15/2016 03:08 AM CST
>>Bladedbutterfly: It seems post-death that your activated channels are reset. Could either this be a saved setting, or could gweths just come with all channels on as default? Or, could there be a command to turn on all channels at once?

Yes please to all of the above.

Defaulting to all on would also avoid the need to remind players to turn on their personal channels.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Paladin new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Paladin_new_player_guide

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: ESP 2.0 on 11/11/16 11/15/2016 10:05 AM CST

Getting arrested seems to reset channels as well.

Alesea