Re: Fantasy Football '10 08/11/2010 03:14 PM CDT
>>Leagues have been re-formed and managers from last year have been re-invited. Once I see how many openings I've got, I'll post the details for new blood.

Time to crack open the old Yahoo mail!

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Fantasy Football '10 08/11/2010 04:54 PM CDT
Thanks for the invites. Happy with the draft times too.

Player of Drevid and Jhaval

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/16/2010 04:13 PM CDT
The following leagues are open to anyone:

League ID#: 401867
League Name: Solomon's Whipping Post
Password: 10slaughter
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/solomonswhippingpost
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Sat Sep 4 4:00pm CDT
Room for 5

League ID#: 401902
League Name: SimuBowl
Password: drmoaohgs
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/simubowl
Draft Time: Thu Sep 2 10:45pm CDT
Room for 3

League ID#: 402024
League Name: Stewie's Shotgun Superbowl
Password: petergriffin
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/stewiesshotgunsuperbowl
Draft Time: Wed Sep 8 7:00pm CDT
Room for 3

League ID#: 402035
League Name: Quitters Never Win
Password: playallseason
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/quittersneverwin
Draft Time: Tue Sep 7 7:30pm CDT
Room for 2

League ID#: 402045
League Name: The Grid Iron
Password: readysethike
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/bubbasgridiron
Draft Time: Mon Sep 6 7:30pm CDT
Room for 6

League ID#: 402058
League Name: FantasyFest 09
Password: toomanyleagues
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/bubbasfantasyfest
Draft Time: Sat Sep 4 7:00pm CDT
Room for 5

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DragonRealms/60215414412
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/16/2010 04:20 PM CDT
Not able to get access to the leagues via the links, because it says I am not a member of the league, therefor I can not view it.
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/16/2010 04:29 PM CDT
Go here:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/signup

Then click Join a League and put in the ID and password for the league(s) you want to join.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/17/2010 11:54 AM CDT
No auction leagues?

Standard drafts blooooooow

Apu
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/17/2010 12:23 PM CDT
Great...a trader that wants an auction fanatsy league...way to break the stereo-types.
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/17/2010 01:14 PM CDT
>>Great...a trader that wants an auction fanatsy league...way to break the stereo-types.

LOL It is true though, auction drafts are way more fun :)

You get to actually pick whichever players you want to have on your team instead of having it mostly decided for you by your RNG draft slot. Plus it provides way more opportunities to make fun of the other people you're drafting with :)

Apu
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/17/2010 02:33 PM CDT
I'm going to do at least one Auction League, yes. I just needed to read up on it and figure out how they work, plus my main focus was getting the other leagues full.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/17/2010 02:44 PM CDT
Auction leagues can be extremely fun. Can't wait for that posting.
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/17/2010 03:11 PM CDT
League ID#: 483223
League Name: Bubba's Auction Bowl
Password: biditup
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/auctionbowl
Draft Type: Live Auction Draft
Draft Time: Sun Sep 5 6:30pm CDT

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/17/2010 05:01 PM CDT
>>I'm going to do at least one Auction League, yes. I just needed to read up on it and figure out how they work, plus my main focus was getting the other leagues full.

I haven't done one on Yahoo before but I know they're pretty quick and easy on ESPN. They probably all work pretty much the same I would assume

Either way I'm in :)

Apu
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/17/2010 11:49 PM CDT
Hey will there be more than 1 league? I tried to join from my invite but the league is full

Oderint Dum Metuant
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/19/2010 11:49 AM CDT
<<Hey will there be more than 1 league? I tried to join from my invite but the league is full>>

I'm not sure which league you're talking about, but I posted links and information for 5 or 6 leagues.

Solomon

Be our Facebook Pal!
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/20/2010 01:02 AM CDT
I'll look for the announcement but the invite I got didn't work that league was full

Oderint Dum Metuant
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/20/2010 08:14 AM CDT
I'd pick Farve with a backup of either Bradford or Warner. I wouldn't count him out just yet. But a few things could still happen. If Farve's age catches up, or Bradford gets hurt if the St Louis line can't protect him....thats goin to hurt quiet abit. But we'll see.

Jim
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/20/2010 01:05 PM CDT
Good luck on getting Warner, I think Dancing with the Stars has him this year.

Rehlyn

You gesture at a gargantuan korograth.
A sheet of slippery rich amber ale-hued ice forms beneath a gargantuan korograth!
The gargantuan korograth refuses to fall.
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/20/2010 07:33 PM CDT
>>Good luck on getting Warner, I think Dancing with the Stars has him this year.

At first I thought you meant you had renamed your fantasy team "Dancing with the Stars" and you were claiming Warner for your own, and I thought that was funny. Then I realized you meant the actual tv show, and I LOLed.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/20/2010 09:59 PM CDT
The talk of Warner and Dancing with the stars brings up two points in drafting.

First, how do you rank Larry Fitzgerald. Regarded as one of the best receivers in the game, but now Matt Leinhart is the QB, how does that change how you draft him.

Secondly, Anwain Boldin going AZ to Baltimore is going from second receiver to primary, how do you rank him now?

So many variables, got to love the draft and free agents afterwards.
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/21/2010 12:06 AM CDT
>>Secondly, Anwain Boldin going AZ to Baltimore is going from second receiver to primary, how do you rank him now?

Having watched some Ravens training camp and preseason, I think he's gonna rock. I say this not just as a Ravens fan, but a football fan. Baltimore is looking strong this year.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/21/2010 12:35 AM CDT
>now Matt Leinhart is the QB, how does that change how you draft him.

I personally think so. I wouldn't take him as my top WR this year. I don't think he's going to be bad, but I don't think he'll be as good as the last few years.

Plus the two games when the Cardinals get blown out by the Niners aren't going to do him any good.

Halajar
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/21/2010 02:51 PM CDT
<<The talk of Warner and Dancing with the stars brings up two points in drafting.>>

<<First, how do you rank Larry Fitzgerald. Regarded as one of the best receivers in the game, but now Matt Leinhart is the QB, how does that change how you draft him.>>

<<Secondly, Anwain Boldin going AZ to Baltimore is going from second receiver to primary, how do you rank him now?>>

My personal take on these questions:

With Matt Leinart at QB and with them having Beanie Wells and Tim Hightower I see AZ leaning more towards the run, Leinart is not a very accurate passer and that dramatically hurts Larry Fitzgerald's value, I would say he'll make a good second option, or a very good flex receiver.

Anquan Boldin, I would also say a very good second option, but not a top tier no. 1, and this is why:
Baltimore is a run heavy offense and Joe Flacco is not a high tier passing quarterback. This hurts Boldin's value somewhat, but he's still worthy of a 3rd or 4th round pick, but certainly not first 2 rounds. Too many people are high on him this year and forgetting that Joe Flacco is far from one of the leagues best passers. He only threw for 2500 yards last year, and people are forgetting that Todd Heap, Derrick Mason and crew are still there, will he get 1000 yards this year? I'm not so sure, I'd say around 850 or so with maybe 5 TDs, making him a fine option for a top tier second receiver.
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/23/2010 12:52 AM CDT
I'm liking Carson this year. I could throw for 4000 yards with those recievers.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/23/2010 07:49 AM CDT
>>I'm liking Carson this year. I could throw for 4000 yards with those recievers.

Could be really good or really bad. Not Carson himself--he's good regardless, but with Chad Johnson and TO on the same team, I think the Cincy WR corps may implode upon the collision of two egos of infinite mass. Then again, if they can actually work together and the rest of the team can stay out of jail this year, it could be a touchdown/yardage explosion for Palmer.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/23/2010 10:07 AM CDT
I agree with you unfortunately. I think everyone is holding their breath to see what happens with those two. I'm an eagles fan, so I know the burn of a TO implosion, but the juice is worth the squeeze with TO (even a little past his prime now).

Regardless of how much noise he makes in the locker room, or in front of a camera, when he gets on that field, he's there to battle.

You know up front that he's going to be a lot to handle, and it's up to the coaches and the team leaders to handle that. When the Eagles situation went down, I blamed Andy Reid (who I love, crippling clock management disabilities aside). I've worked with people I don't like for a lot less money, so his teammates can do the same.

The guy put up 122 yards with a broken and severely sprained ankle for us in the superbowl. I'll never forget that.

~ Purehand

>collect coin

... Jackpot.
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/23/2010 05:51 PM CDT
>>I agree with you unfortunately. I think everyone is holding their breath to see what happens with those two. I'm an eagles fan, so I know the burn of a TO implosion, but the juice is worth the squeeze with TO (even a little past his prime now).

>>Regardless of how much noise he makes in the locker room, or in front of a camera, when he gets on that field, he's there to battle.

>>You know up front that he's going to be a lot to handle, and it's up to the coaches and the team leaders to handle that. When the Eagles situation went down, I blamed Andy Reid (who I love, crippling clock management disabilities aside). I've worked with people I don't like for a lot less money, so his teammates can do the same.

>>The guy put up 122 yards with a broken and severely sprained ankle for us in the superbowl. I'll never forget that.

Honestly, I think it's Chad Johnson/Ochocinco who I think will implode first.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/24/2010 04:37 PM CDT
>Honestly, I think it's Chad Johnson/Ochocinco who I think will implode first.

Why do you think that? I mean, other than the one season he was unhappy with his contract he really hasn't done anything bad. Well, unless you count celebrating and having fun bad like the commissioner does.

The fact that Owens and Ochocinco are friends and Ochocinco tried to get Owens there makes me think they're going to have no problems. On top of that look at Owens last year on the Bills. Terrible team, he didn't have good numbers but you didn't really hear anything from him.

Halajar
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/24/2010 09:13 PM CDT
>>Why do you think that? I mean, other than the one season he was unhappy with his contract he really hasn't done anything bad. Well, unless you count celebrating and having fun bad like the commissioner does.

>>The fact that Owens and Ochocinco are friends and Ochocinco tried to get Owens there makes me think they're going to have no problems. On top of that look at Owens last year on the Bills. Terrible team, he didn't have good numbers but you didn't really hear anything from him.

They may be friends, but I think once they start fighting for looks, it may get hairy. I think Ochocinco would be first to implode because I just think he has that personality. He's been quiet lately because he hasn't had anything to gripe about, but that may change this year. As I said before, I could be quite wrong and it could be a great season for Cincy. We'll see!

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/25/2010 04:24 PM CDT
<As I said before, I could be quite wrong and it could be a great season for Cincy. We'll see!>

I'll take that bet. My take is they will push each other to play well. But as you say, we shall see..

Rehlyn

You gesture at a gargantuan korograth.
A sheet of slippery rich amber ale-hued ice forms beneath a gargantuan korograth!
The gargantuan korograth refuses to fall.
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/26/2010 07:41 AM CDT
>>I'll take that bet. My take is they will push each other to play well. But as you say, we shall see..

10 star-shaped sugar cookies? IG or RL. Doesn't matter to me.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/26/2010 08:43 PM CDT
Now AZ Cardinals are starting Anderson instead of Leinhart at third preseason game. Poor Fitzgerald, he keeps falling on my receiver list. Of course, someone will miss the draft and reranking him. So he will go early. Then if he has a big year, I get to feel really stupid. And is it just me, or does WR seem the hardest position to rank players with so many changes?
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/27/2010 08:11 PM CDT
>Now AZ Cardinals are starting Anderson instead of Leinhart at third preseason game. Poor Fitzgerald, he keeps falling on my receiver list. Of course, someone will miss the draft and reranking him. So he will go early. Then if he has a big year, I get to feel really stupid. And is it just me, or does WR seem the hardest position to rank players with so many changes?

WR is my Achilles heel every year. I think I did well at my company draft today, though:

QB: Joe Flacco
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Jamaal Charles
WR: Miles Austin
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Hakeem Nicks
TE: Dallas Clark
D/ST: Dallas

Bench:
CJ Spiller
Johnny Knox
Matt Stafford
New England Defense
Kenny Brett
Golden Tate

Some of my bench is trade bait or backups in case I fail hard on WR. For a 12-team draft, I don't think that's too shabby of a team.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/27/2010 11:37 PM CDT
<<WR is my Achilles heel every year. I think I did well at my company draft today, though:>>

<<QB: Joe Flacco>>
<<RB: Adrian Peterson>>
<<RB: Jamaal Charles>>
<<WR: Miles Austin>>
<<WR: Mike Wallace>>
<<WR: Hakeem Nicks>>
<<TE: Dallas Clark>>
<<D/ST: Dallas>>

<<Bench:>>
<<CJ Spiller>>
<<Johnny Knox>>
<<Matt Stafford>>
<<New England Defense>>
<<Kenny Brett>>
<<Golden Tate>>

<<Some of my bench is trade bait or backups in case I fail hard on WR. For a 12-team draft, I don't think that's too shabby of a team.>>

~player of Gulphphunger

I do fairly well every year at WR, the key is taking chances on names that aren't well known, I'm gonna insert my two cents here, not saying it's better than what you got, but I personally would change out Mike Wallace with Johnny Knox, Knox is HIGH up on my list, he's THE no. 1 in Chicago, and in Martz' system he's gonna be a huge ball hog and yardage machine, and he's got Cutler under center, not a fantastic quarterback, but with Martz in as o. coordinator, they're gonna throw the ball 35-45 times per game, that means Knox at no. 1 will likely see at least 5-10 tosses, giving him amazing upside. I'd leave Hakeem Nicks into the mix at no. 3 until 2 or 3 games into the season and you see how well Wallace is doing, with Ward ahead of him he can get his receptions hurt pretty bad, but there's a good chance he'll explode come mid season, so don't feed him to the waiver wire. Hold on to him and weigh the pluses and negatives you have at no. 3, I'd say you're in fantastic position to hit a homerun with that offense. I'd also replace Jamaal Charles with Spiller, but that's debatable. I just have a feeling Spiller will be a top 5 back this year, but that's just a hunch lol.
Last but not least, if you can find another QB, do so, that team isn't gonna throw the ball much and Flacco isn't gonna help you a whole lot, but I'd be willing to bet the waiver wire for QBs in your league is dismal at best heh.
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/28/2010 11:35 AM CDT
>WR is my Achilles heel every year.

Weddings are my achillies heal. Both of my DR leagues draft in the middle of a wedding I'm in on the 5th.

Is there any chance at all we can push the auction draft to that morning? Not even sure if that's possible.

~ Purehand

>collect coin

... Jackpot.
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/29/2010 10:48 AM CDT
>>Last but not least, if you can find another QB, do so, that team isn't gonna throw the ball much and Flacco isn't gonna help you a whole lot, but I'd be willing to bet the waiver wire for QBs in your league is dismal at best heh.

Yeah, the QB situation in the league is bad. However, I think Flacco's going to be fine. I say this partly as a Ravens fan and partly because I've been watching their preseason. Baltimore is going to be passing more this year, and with the addition of Boldin, they're getting the WR corps to do it (for once).

I agree with you on the WRs; the list I posted was just the order in which I drafted them. Not necessarily starting lineup.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/31/2010 04:22 PM CDT
Where's all the people for the auction league! We still need 5 more people before Saturday - come on people, auctions are way way more fun!

Are Paklin, Viptorian, Falkonis, Slaris or Ederick still around anymore? They all used to be in my auction draft keeper league back in the day. Someone make them join if they're still around. Madas was in that league too and he's still around a bit, I'll try to get ahold of him and force him to join

Apu
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/31/2010 07:30 PM CDT
Auctions are awesome folks. No getting hosed with a bad pick. Everyone starts off on even ground.

To clarify, it's fake money in case people were worried about bidding against a 150th trader.

~ Purehand

>collect coin

... Jackpot.
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/31/2010 08:33 PM CDT
Link or league name? Kind of hard to join without info.
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/31/2010 08:41 PM CDT
>Where's all the people for the auction league!

For some reason I was thinking it was full but I'm in now. I'm terrible at auction leagues though, so I don't expect to do well.

Halajar
Re: 2010 Simu Fantasy Football 08/31/2010 09:19 PM CDT
Copy/paste of Solomon's post:

League ID#: 483223
League Name: Bubba's Auction Bowl
Password: biditup
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/auctionbowl
Draft Type: Live Auction Draft
Draft Time: Sun Sep 5 6:30pm CDT