Prev_page Previous 1
And it begins... 12/06/2009 12:05 PM CST
Winter has officially started with a vengeance. We had our first real snow of the year yesterday, and it was a doozy. :(

The ground was pretty much clear of snow except in areas where the sun doesn't reach much, and one day later it now looks like this:
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/your_weather/details/620/1665156/5/caab0103

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: And it begins... 12/06/2009 01:03 PM CST
Wait, you mean some Canadians actually stay in Canada during the winter? I thought they all came to Florida for the winter! I mean, every other license plate down here right now says Canada. hehe

~Eoworfinia~
Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen. Homer Simpson

Get the facts first and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain
Re: And it begins... 12/06/2009 01:04 PM CST
Another Floridian, eh? There are a ton of Canadian license plates around my town right now too.
Re: And it begins... 12/06/2009 03:46 PM CST
We got snow in Austin, Tx before Canada? That's crazy
Re: And it begins... 12/06/2009 03:58 PM CST
Well, we had snow here about a month ago, but nothing more than an occasional sprinkle here or there most of which didn't stick around. It has been unseasonably warm, though.

Until the last couple days, anyway. Right now its -19, -29 with windchill (that's -2 and -20 in wacky american temps) and we're usually about 10 degrees higher than that on average this time of year.

-Evran

Re: And it begins... 12/06/2009 07:27 PM CST
Yay for Florida! I been cold here in Orlando :(

On a whim...: http://www.lostonawhim.com/

The Zoluren army asks, "We're um.... really sorry about the clubhouse and all... so uh... are we cool?"
Re: And it begins... 12/06/2009 07:46 PM CST
Same in St. Pete! Though, I doubt our 50's seem cold to you Evran. hehe

~Eoworfinia~
Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen. Homer Simpson

Get the facts first and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain
Re: And it begins... 12/06/2009 10:58 PM CST
It's been gettin' a little chilly up here on Amelia Island. I used to live in Utah and went down into the negative twenties and such there, but you're always prepared for the cold there. When it's cold in places like Florida it seems even colder than it is just because you aren't expecting it and, for my part at least, don't have the clothing for cold weather.

I miss the snow, make sure you go snowboarding for me Evran.
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 12:51 AM CST
After keeping warm for the past few weeks (amazed we made though november without any snow) the white finally covered the lawn tonight. I let my pair of dogs run around in the first snow of the season, but that didnt last long.

I've lived here for four years, and three years in southeast missouri before that. I miss California.

Alexii points at a Velakan slaver and shouts, "Another one! Don't let it get away!"
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 05:37 AM CST
It was so nice to wake up to snow!! Living just over an hour southeast of Montreal all this green throughout Nov just seems too weird.

Just go back in the house,
Pour another cup of coffee,
And stay there!

It probably isn't going to be a good day....
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 06:34 AM CST
>When it's cold in places like Florida it seems even colder than it is

Mostly due to the humidity here. I've had numerous friends from the N/NE come here, and be colder than they ever expected to be at our temperatures.

Kinda like how a dry heat is different than a wet/muggy heat.

It's also funny that my wife is dying to leave Florida, but when it hit 50's degrees here in Orlando I couldn't get her out of bed.

-Master Ndin
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 06:55 AM CST
>>Kinda like how a dry heat is different than a wet/muggy heat.

Yeah pretty much. From SEMO to Ottawa the biggest change has been the humidity. 100% humidity in Missouri made summer hotter and winter colder because you basicly breathe all that moisture. Temp wise, they are pretty close. Often only a couple degrees off once I convert from celsius.

Alexii points at a Velakan slaver and shouts, "Another one! Don't let it get away!"
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 12:55 PM CST
Portland has been sitting in sub freeze temps with nasty winds for a few days, oddly the same few days that have had the first lack of rain in weeks it seems like. Wonder if we're gonna get snowed in for two weeks again like last year.

... wait this solder is for outside the USA. Maybe Portland counts because it frequently wants to be outside the USA?

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 01:43 PM CST
I want to move to Canada. I'm tired of being an American. Also, I heard the girls are crazy over there. Any truth to this?
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 02:23 PM CST
It's true.

Anabel
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 02:58 PM CST
It's already dropping to 17 degrees in the evening here.

Welcome to sunny Minnesota...It's like Canada without the free health care.

Rev. Reene

"When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken." - Dak'kon
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 04:05 PM CST
>> Welcome to sunny Minnesota...It's like Canada without the free health care.

Not for long!
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 04:37 PM CST

>Not for long!

Yeah, it won't stay sunny.
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 04:48 PM CST

>Not for long!

>>>Yeah, it won't stay sunny.

Were you talking about the sun or making fun of Obama's healthcare? :(
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 05:11 PM CST
>Were you talking about the sun or making fun of Obama's healthcare? :(

None of the current health care proposals talk about making health care free, nor has Obama advocated that. But that's a moot point since discussion of politics is strictly forbidden.
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 05:19 PM CST
<<But that's a moot point since discussion of politics is strictly forbidden.

How about witty comedy links?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogvWAknvdso

-Evran

Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 05:39 PM CST
>> None of the current health care proposals talk about making health care free, nor has Obama advocated that. But that's a moot point since discussion of politics is strictly forbidden.

Ooooo. So can I just move to canada? Don't tell me I gotta get hitched. :(
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 05:55 PM CST
nah, you can get a job over there.. then they'll let you in. so long as you aren't a felon

>>I'm constantly amazed by the things that people do in game that would get them punched in the face in RL, but then they try to claim that they didn't do anything that would warrent a PvP situation.<<
-Evran
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 06:03 PM CST

I think this one was about snow.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 06:05 PM CST
>> I think this one was about snow.

I Lol'ed. Sorry :(
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 06:16 PM CST
I used to think the idea of Ice Patch injuring people made no sense until I moved here and tried walking around during a really bad cold snap.

I still have a scar on my palm where I slipped, fell, tried to grab some ice to stop myself and sliced my hand open.

Rev. Reene

"When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken." - Dak'kon
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 06:18 PM CST
I don't know how many bruises i've gotten from walking around on an ice floor over the years..

I hate ice shows.. especially Disney..

when it snows =?P

>>I'm constantly amazed by the things that people do in game that would get them punched in the face in RL, but then they try to claim that they didn't do anything that would warrent a PvP situation.<<
-Evran
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 06:30 PM CST
<<I hate ice shows..

Speaking of ice shows... The really cold temps here have made the roads into veritable skating rinks right now, too. You'd think that after years of living here, people would clue into the fact that after a big snow the roads turn into a super-slide. Ah well.

A bonus to the cold icy weather, however, is some spectacular sun dogs.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/your_weather/details/620/1670012/1/caab0103

-Evran

Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 06:43 PM CST
To steal a random IM re: Snow in Portland a friend sent me the other day:

>>What I always hear is that one of the problems is that our roads are highly crowned so that the water will quickly roll off into the gutters when it rains. Thus, our cars will quickly roll off into the gutters when it is icy.

>>Also, I think our city has two functional snow plows and Bessie The Amazing Snow-Eating Goat.

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 07:03 PM CST
>>To steal a random IM re: Snow in Portland a friend sent me the other day:

>>What I always hear is that one of the problems is that our roads are highly crowned so that the water will quickly roll off into the gutters when it rains. Thus, our cars will quickly roll off into the gutters when it is icy.

>>Also, I think our city has two functional snow plows and Bessie The Amazing Snow-Eating Goat.

I'm calling shenanigans! You edited his grammar didn't you? NO ONE BUT ARMIFER IMS LIKE THAT.
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 07:11 PM CST
I'm pretty sure Armifer has never lived in Portland...

Eugene doesn't get very icy, either.

Rev. Reene

Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 07:13 PM CST
I believe Armifer used to live in Seattle.
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 07:15 PM CST
Did I stumble into a fan club?

-Evran
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 07:18 PM CST
It is my goal in life to make Armifer feel vaguely creeped out and uncomfortable.

Rev. Reene

Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 07:28 PM CST
the disney showtunes guy? good luck with that

-Evran
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 08:14 PM CST
Armifer just moved out east for his graduate studies.
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 08:33 PM CST
Irving, TX.

And no, I'm not a stalker, I just remember these things.
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 08:42 PM CST
ahahahaha

QUICKLY

TO THE E-STALKING MOBILE

Rev. Reene

Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 09:08 PM CST

Again, snow. Canada.

Weirdos. Poor Armifer.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: And it begins... 12/07/2009 09:33 PM CST
I guess I should have mentioned that it snowed here in Dallas the other day.
Prev_page Previous 1