Prev_page Previous 1
Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 02:30 AM CDT

I just heard from the player of Ileia and as she no longer has an active account I offered to post.

It's with sincere sadness I inform you of the passing of Kim Bera, who died of heart attack early Friday morning in San Diego.

Those of you here might know her as Tiso or Ketrianna also Syia and Chaaya. Some of you in Theren may remember her as Hanah. I'm certain there were other characters she played but those are the ones I am aware of and were widely known.

Kim was 51, she's survived by her father, and two sons - the youngest is on deployment but the Red Cross is flying him in for her services.

When arrangements are known I'll post an update.

Paschein

Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 03:25 AM CDT
She will be missed. My thoughts prayers are with her family.

Miv
I would rather have an intelligent enemy than a stupid friend.
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 03:28 AM CDT
This is just really damn depressing :(

Tiso and I had our rows but her absence will really leave a void in the community.

Rev. Reene

Szrael says, "I may deliberately do pretty awful things to my body, but you moon mages let terrible things happen right inside your own skulls."
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 05:00 AM CDT
<<This is just really damn depressing :(

I am sorry to see her go.

Nikpack
player of more than I should list

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 05:58 AM CDT

Thank you, Paschein. If you hear anything about where we can send flowers or regards, please keep us posted.

_______

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 06:08 AM CDT
I'm really sad right now. I'm going to miss her so much.

This sucks.

Anyone who has lost track of time when using a computer knows the propensity to dream, the urge to make dreams come true and the tendency to miss lunch.
~Tim Berners-Lee
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 06:56 AM CDT
She will be sorely missed....by myself and many others. This is a very sad day for any who knew her.

My prayers & thoughts to her family and her friends.

Raey.
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 07:19 AM CDT
She was a great roleplayer and her presence will be missed by both people that liked and disliked the characters. They added a lot to the realms as a whole. I'm sad to keep losing people like we have been.

I'm still shocked to learn she played both. I never had a clue. That's talent.

===
Baltiziel says, "I am not shopping.. I am... observing the inner workings of Therengia Commerce on a macro economic level"
Re: Player of Tiso &amp; Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 09:41 AM CDT
This hit me pretty hard. I've had interactions with a couple of her characters. Sad news.
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 10:17 AM CDT
I am beyond stunned and crushed. Tiso is a dear friend...I am still unconvinced it's true...maybe just too in shock to want to believe it. I know his rl mom passed away just short of 2 weeks ago. I chatted to him ig late Thursday night. Things I am hearing about Tiso's player don't mesh with what Tiso the player and I have chatted about ig/and ooc. It hurts too much to believe this person is gone from my life and I didn't get to say goodbye. If we get arrangements and some kind of GM confirmation, it would be great apprieciated...he loves the Outcasts and we'd all like to do right by Tiso if it's indeed tragicly true.

Player of Valelaer
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 10:53 AM CDT
Ket was one of Blue's closest friends. Tiso was one of Blue's most hated Enemies.. God Kim herself is so very missed. This is a very hard thing to swallow and accept. May her soul be at peace

Tired of these endless games,
Time to end the darkened day
To raise the sword
To kill the light
Because there is no reason left to fight..."
-Night Oasis
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 11:49 AM CDT
DR will be a little empty without her characters wreaking havoc and encouraging RP by example. I had no clue Tiso and Ket were played by the same person. Sad, sad news.

~V~
___

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition."

- Henry V, William Shakespeare
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 12:22 PM CDT
I didn't really know either character very well, but news like this is always sad.

She'll be missed.

My condolences to all her friends here in DragonRealms.

Jess
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 12:36 PM CDT
Wow. So sad to hear this news. Thoughts and prayers to her family and condolences to all that knew/rp'd with her.

She will be missed indeed.

Player of Sebestyen
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 01:38 PM CDT
Tiso's antics will be sorely missed. Kim, in all her guises, will be missed as well.

Rest well Kim, you'll be missed.

Mordibar-- Player of,
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 01:51 PM CDT
DR is such a small community that it always comes as a shock when we loose a player. There will be a large void in Theren where the little gnome used to be. :(
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 04:03 PM CDT
Mars took the words out of my mouth. I really don't know what to say. Such sad news and without any warning at all. Life is so fleeting. I'll miss seeing Tiso around...

Thoughts and prayers to her family.

~Ex
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 04:38 PM CDT
Bah!! I had just had a very lenghtly chat with her last week. A good role player by any means. I had my suspicions about the player behind Tiso, but Tiso stayed true to his character and never wavered from it.

Kim will be missed by all in Dragon Realms.

Its sad , just plain sad.. considering her mother has just recently passed away too. My prays to her family.

Trish , player of Meidori
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 05:06 PM CDT
Kim was a lovely woman IC and OOC, as someone who knew her well I will say that it makes me happier to know how much of an impact she had on peoples lives... its a sad day indeed when we lose a player with her roleplaying ability.

I am sure Ileia will inform us when any arrangements are made and all we can do is wait... as for "GM confirmation"... not going to happen...

My condolences to her family, and to the many people whose lives she touched over the years... as for myself, I can only say...

Bye Kim, I love you and miss you already...

Mike, Player of Algion.
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 08:54 PM CDT
I hated Ketrianna and loved Tiso. Tells you how great a role player Kim was. She brought alot to the game. God's speed.

Valkri
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 09:33 PM CDT
Our roleplaying community has suffered a great loss. I too had no clue she played both Ket and Tiso, and all who remember know Maulem and Ket had no love for one another, but that Maulem always wanted to get Tiso's goat. Two great characters and one greater soul.

~Mammoth Rider Maulem Akavame, Death Dealer in training

Fight me!
http://maulem.mybrute.com
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 09:46 PM CDT
I loved talking to Ketrianna. I wish the best for her family and know that she's smiling down on us. :)

- Simon
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/14/2009 10:53 PM CDT
Ket and Jerid went back many many years IC, I never knew her OOC and had no idea Tiso was played by the same person. She will certainly be missed and this is a huge lose to DR, my thoughts are with her family and friends tonight.

Russell, player of Jerid Kardragon
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/15/2009 12:21 AM CDT
I don't post to the DR boards very often but I had to pass on my thoughts and condolences. Like Jerid, Ket and Erieck go way back. I think they met each other just after the gorbesh war. I found her to often be frustrating, stubborn and occasionally a bit self-important (as I'm sure some folks consider Erieck) but at the same time she cared deeply about her friends, was extremely intelligent and fun-loving. She always strove to push RP forward, particularly in Therengia. She seemed to love participating in and encouraging RP.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

The realms are a lesser place without her presence.
She was my friend and I shall miss her.

David - Player of Erieck
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/15/2009 12:24 AM CDT
As some of you remember, Selquist was a paladin of Therengia and a good friend to Ket. He left the realms a few years back and wasn't aware of her passing. I gave him the news and he wished for this message to be posted:

"Goodbye, Khiana and Ketrianna. You will be missed, dearly."

Sweet dreamz4u
Selquist
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/15/2009 08:39 AM CDT
Oh, Tiso. He was such a quirky little weirdo. Never knew a girl played him, all making sense now.

>I'm sad to keep losing people like we have been.

Theren is becoming a sad place for me.
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/15/2009 09:27 AM CDT
Tiso's roleplay always inspired me. He was one of the first people to befriend me when I became a citizen of the Velaka and always made sure I got to be a part of the action up there.

This is sad on an overall game level, but moreso on a personal level for many people. This game will not be the same without these amazing roleplayers.

I hope that Kim is at peace and may hers find the comfort that we so often seek, but rarely find, when we losed a loved one.

- Terra
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/15/2009 09:43 AM CDT
>>Ket and Jerid went back many many years IC, I never knew her OOC and had no idea Tiso was played by the same person. She will certainly be missed and this is a huge lose to DR, my thoughts are with her family and friends tonight.

Same with me. I'm in double-shock, both at her passing and that she played Tiso. I really don't even know what to say.

Godspeed and rest in peace, Kim.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/15/2009 10:19 AM CDT
I am very sorry to hear about Tiso, my thoughts are with her family and friends. She was great to interact with, had a wonderful attitude, and her presence will surely be missed around Therengia.

-Bjørn, player of Mvorn
Re: Player of Tiso &amp; Ketrianna and others.. 06/15/2009 10:33 AM CDT
im so sorry about this.

Tiso was a worthwhile human being as well as a worthwhile player. As someone just said to me, "You didn't even want to know the RL person, you just wanted to interact with Tiso IG. She was that good an RPer."

But irl the player of Tiso was a generous, special, person.

You will be missed ig and out of game. My prayers to your family babe. And thank you for your many, many contributions to this game.

Adam
Re: Player of Tiso &amp; Ketrianna and others.. 06/15/2009 01:55 PM CDT
I'll always remember Ket spending two months trying to teach Leucius how to manipulate. Our chats basically went like this: Ket: Remember be carefull who you trust, even me, I may use you to get ahead sometime. Leucius:Huh. Why would I care if you use me to get ahead? Ket: Because you may look dumb and feel badly. Leucius: Oh I've been dumb for years I'm quite used to it. I'll not feel badly at all. Ket: You really are hopeless. And we'd laugh.

She was one of those folks where I enjoyed looking at the angles I liked and ignored the ones I didn't. She was a fun gal who will be missed.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Player of Tiso &amp; Ketrianna and others.. 06/15/2009 05:05 PM CDT
Good bye tiso, you were a great friend, a calming force in both my and caprianna's actions. thankyou for all your advice, patience, and friendship. Many critters will die in your name, like you always said "go kill things"
miss you way lots
Ma Gud vara med dig min van
~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: Player of Tiso &amp; Ketrianna and others.. 06/15/2009 07:06 PM CDT
I RPed with Kim in many of the guises she wore. She was a very talented RPer and worked hard to promote RP in DR and in Therengia. The game community has suffered a great loss with her passing. My thoughts go out to her family and friends. I am going to miss that annoying little gnome a lot.

GM Quarel Veryan - Events Team
Re: Player of Tiso &amp; Ketrianna and others.. 06/15/2009 07:26 PM CDT

Here's to ya, Wiseman...

You raise a ceramic cup filled with Tiso's own chanterelle-dream tea topped with a sprig of mint.

~Court Advisor Wyndz~
_______

You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/16/2009 12:49 PM CDT

The Memorial Service for Kim Bera will be held on Friday, June 19th at 1:00 pm in San Diego.

Flowers can be sent to:

Williams-San Diego Memorial Chapel
2441 University Avenue
San Diego, CA 92104-2721
Phone: (619) 692-3090

Players who wish to send a card to her family can send them to "The Family of Kim Bera in care of" the above address. The funeral home will forward them on to her family.

Paschein

Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/16/2009 01:38 PM CDT
Thanks for sharing the info, Paschein.

Anyone who has lost track of time when using a computer knows the propensity to dream, the urge to make dreams come true and the tendency to miss lunch.
~Tim Berners-Lee
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/16/2009 11:53 PM CDT

Thanks again, Paschein. Preciate the information

_______

Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/17/2009 10:29 PM CDT
I recall she also played Sile quite awhile back sometime after Hanah left. I'm sure there were many other characters we were unaware of. I spent countless hours with her as Hanah, Sile, Ketrianna, and Tiso over the years. We will all miss the creative RP she shared with us for many years.

Player of Gwenddolyn and many others
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/18/2009 12:25 AM CDT

Ket was a lovely person. She and I worked together on several events when she was kind enough to hire the Tavern Troupe. She will be sorely missed.

Roxana Bloodlan-Gloryfist
Re: Player of Tiso & Ketrianna and others.. 06/18/2009 09:42 AM CDT
This is such sad news.

Ketrianna was one of those that made Daer feel so welcome in Theren, and tried (though failed) to make her more polished and presentable. Tiso was wonderful, a supporter of Daer and the theatre...

This is so sad.

Daerlynn
Prev_page Previous 1