Prev_page Previous 1
Testing 01/10/2016 12:20 PM CST
Howdy folks. I'd appreciate any additional testing folks can do now that I've tried to fix up a bunch of the reported bugs and inconsistencies.

Still no ETA on player-copies. It will require a time investment that I just cannot afford right now, so I understand if anyone wishes to skip testing until we can support that.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Testing 01/10/2016 12:37 PM CST

Outdated character copies are a major reason why I'm not testing, TBH, but the lack of good materials is another. Any way you could jack up the rare rates or put a crate of good things out there or something? I was finding crazy good materials when bows/arrows came out, and it was a lot more fun to make things and play around.
Re: Testing 01/10/2016 03:07 PM CST
Yeah, I'm not going to waste a bunch of time trying to find the good materials, and just for a test instance with an outdated character.

Provide the raw materials for us.
Re: Testing 01/10/2016 03:30 PM CST
Thank you for all of your hard work, Kodius.
Re: Testing 01/10/2016 09:12 PM CST
It doesn't appear that bolt making is working... it never allows you to add the flights.
When your supposed to be adding glue to the flights area, it just adds more and more glue to the boltheads, so when you get to the end your in a loop. The loop... you analyze the bolt and it shows you need - The bolts must have glue applied to them for affixing the flights. however when you go to do it you get... You need another bolt flights to continue crafting some unfinished sabrertooth bolts. You believe you can assemble the two ingredients together once you acquire them.

[Ingredients can be added by using ASSEMBLE Ingredient1 WITH Ingredient2]

Then trying to add flights- assemble flight with my bolts
>
The arrow flights is not required to continue crafting the sabrertooth bolts, so you stop assembling them.
>

Also the name changes to a misspelling of >sabrertooth< when you study the instructions

>study book
You scan the sabrertooth bolts instructions with a glance and confidently discern most of the design's minutiae.
You now feel ready to begin the crafting process.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

---

When we look at the press can we see what level the fire is? Also if the fire could die down a little slower that would be good.

The ductility on this is odd. It may only be on some types of metals, my niniam mechanism turned out fine.
ap mech careful
The mechanisms appear to have a ductility of 1582699 on the Trader's scale.
The bronze-alloy mechanisms are made with metal.
You are certain that the bronze-alloy mechanisms weighs exactly 1 stone.
You don't think the bronze-alloy mechanisms are worth anything.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.
>tap mech
You tap some bronze-alloy mechanisms that you are holding.

r book
-= Chapter 4, Page 5: Instructions for crafting a siege arbalest =-

A siege arbalest is a craftable item in the Engineering society under the Tinkering crafting discipline. This is considered to be a complicated piece to make, though knowledge of the Advanced Powerful Crossbows technique will be beneficial to the crafter.

This item is listed as a "finished arbalest" ingredient type and is created using a carving knife, a wood shaper, some pliers and a hammer. A crafter may also find it helpful to have some metalworking oil and some rifflers on hand.

It would be good to add Drawknife to the tools needed since you have to start with it? If I was supposed to use the Rifflers, Hammer, or oil I never had to.

push arb with clam

You secure the mechanisms to be affixed in the stock by clamping them in place

The mechanisms must be affixed into the stock by pulling the crossbow with pliers.
Roundtime: 19 sec.

pull arb with pli

You work the mechanisms in the arbalest into place with your pliers. The mechanism seats adequately though appears to be scraping a bit somewhere.

The mechanisms must be affixed into the stock by pulling the crossbow with pliers.
Roundtime: 14 sec.

I haven't actually added my mechanism to the arbalest yet, but it has me pulling them into place?

push arb with clam

You secure the mechanisms to be affixed in the stock by clamping them in place

No period after the word place.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Testing 01/10/2016 10:51 PM CST
assemb mech with lock
You place your mechanisms with your lockbow and carefully mark where it will attach when you continue crafting.
>
assemb mech with lock

You place your mechanisms with your lockbow and carefully mark where it will attach when you continue crafting.
>assemb mech with lock

The niniam mechanisms is not required to continue crafting the lockbow, so you stop assembling them.

There is No RT after these steps, if there is supposed to be. Extra space before lockbow on last assemble there.

The pull the mechanism before it is actually assembled happens on heavy crossbows to.

Some heavy crossbows used rifflers. None used oil or hammer on heavy crossbow if I was supposed to. Perhaps stain should be added to the ingredient list since it is the last step?

Zero ductility?
ap mech
The mechanisms appear to have a ductility of 0 on the Trader's scale.
The bronze-alloy mechanisms are made with metal.
You are certain that the bronze-alloy mechanisms weighs exactly 1 stone.
You are certain that the bronze-alloy mechanisms are worth exactly nothing.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

This is a different bronze-alloy than the last one.
You are certain that the metal in the bronze-alloy ingot has a ductility of 99, placing it at 'absurdly ductile' on the official Trader's Scale.

This has alloy has a ton of stuff in it.

Extra space here between slurbow and the.

The bronze-alloy mechanisms is not required to continue crafting the slurbow, so you stop assembling them.

Re: Testing 01/11/2016 05:05 AM CST
>>You need another bolt flights to continue crafting some unfinished sabrertooth bolts. You believe you can assemble the two ingredients together once you acquire them.
>>[Ingredients can be added by using ASSEMBLE Ingredient1 WITH Ingredient2]

>>>assemble flight with my bolts
>>The arrow flights is not required to continue crafting the sabrertooth bolts, so you stop assembling them.

From experience, this can happen with arrow crafting if you have arrows on your person that aren't the ones you are making. I.e. it's picking the wrong arrows/bolts to work with. Change your command to ASSEMBLE MY FLIGHTS WITH MY <material> BOLTS and it should work, even if the bolts that are interfering are the same material.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Testing 01/11/2016 05:14 AM CST
<<I haven't actually added my mechanism to the arbalest yet, but it has me pulling them into place?

They're attached by clamps from the previous command. Affixing them is referring to permanently connecting and securing them in place so that you can remove the clamps.

<<There is No RT after these steps, if there is supposed to be.

ASSEMBLE (or alchemy's equivalent of adding new materials to the mix) doesn't have any roundtime in any of the crafting disciplines.

Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Testing 01/11/2016 12:48 PM CST
>>From experience, this can happen with arrow crafting if you have arrows on your person that aren't the ones you are making. I.e. it's picking the wrong arrows/bolts to work with. Change your command to ASSEMBLE MY FLIGHTS WITH MY <material> BOLTS and it should work, even if the bolts that are interfering are the same material.

Nope, should have pasted the one where I used all the mys. It just says when you try to add flights...

>assemble my flights with my bolts
The arrow flights is not required to continue crafting the sabrertooth bolts, so you stop assembling them.

When you analyze the bolts it says it needs glue, but when you try to add glue you get...

>apply glu to bolts

You need another bolt flights to continue crafting some unfinished sabrertooth bolts. You believe you can assemble the two ingredients together once you acquire them.

So you can't ever finish the bolts, cause you can't do a next step which ever it is supposed to be. I think it is cause in the beginning when it asks you apply glue for the flights, it lets you apply it but it messages it applies glue to the boltheads.

>>They're attached by clamps from the previous command. Affixing them is referring to permanently connecting and securing them in place so that you can remove the clamps.

But they aren't... they are in my pack? You should have to actually add them to the crossbow before you can pull on them in any manner like they are actually on the crossbow.

<<There is No RT after these steps, if there is supposed to be.

>>ASSEMBLE (or alchemy's equivalent of adding new materials to the mix) doesn't have any roundtime in any of the crafting disciplines.

Makes sense I haven't done any alchemy yet. Just wanted to double check.

If it isn't too time consuming Kodius can we get a table of different types of woods and metals to test with?(In the haven engineering society to)

Re: Testing 01/11/2016 04:10 PM CST
Can't log in to check right now but I believe you need bolt flights, not arrow flights. Pretty sure they are only sold in Crossing right now.

~Engineering Savant Ascot Ryuzzaki, Grayroot of Elanthia
Re: Testing 01/11/2016 05:56 PM CST
<<>>From experience, this can happen with arrow crafting if you have arrows on your person that aren't the ones you are making. I.e. it's picking the wrong arrows/bolts to work with. Change your command to ASSEMBLE MY FLIGHTS WITH MY <material> BOLTS and it should work, even if the bolts that are interfering are the same material.
<<Nope, should have pasted the one where I used all the mys. It just says when you try to add flights...
<<>assemble my flights with my bolts
<<When you analyze the bolts it says it needs glue, but when you try to add glue you get...
<<>apply glu to bolts
<<You need another bolt flights to continue crafting some unfinished sabrertooth bolts. You believe you can assemble the two ingredients together once you acquire them.
<<[Ingredients can be added by using ASSEMBLE Ingredient1 WITH Ingredient2]
<<So you can't ever finish the bolts, cause you can't do a next step which ever it is supposed to be. I think it is cause in the beginning when it asks you apply glue for the flights, it lets you apply it but it messages it applies glue to the boltheads.

You have misunderstood my post. I'm not saying use 'my'. I'm saying that you very likely need to specify the material. I.e. if you're creating sabretooth bolts then the command needs to include sabretooth in the command: ASSEMBLE MY FLIGHTS WITH MY SABRETOOTH BOLTS. Change sabretooth to whatever material is being used. I had this exact issue crafting arrows not 3 days ago in prime with cougar-claw arrows when trying to add the flights.

<<But they aren't... they are in my pack? You should have to actually add them to the crossbow before you can pull on them in any manner like they are actually on the crossbow.

Read the messaging. It specifically states that you clamp the mechanisms in place.

<<Makes sense I haven't done any alchemy yet. Just wanted to double check.

It's not just alchemy. I only specified alchemy because it doesn't use the assemble verb, but it has an analog to it. All crafting skills make use of ASSEMBLE for certain products and it doesn't come with rt in any of the cases.

Re: Testing 01/11/2016 07:02 PM CST
Unfortunately, I have 39 ranks of engineering and 0 mech on test. Also, I apparently already transferred mech into engineering. There really isn't much testing I can do without spending a week or 3 training up my engineering on the test instance.
Re: Testing 01/11/2016 09:44 PM CST
It was I needed bolt flights, oops.

One thing I did notice though is it says often the flights need glue, but then you add the glue to the boltheads, you never add glue to the flights.

You apply some glue to your bolts and affix each bolthead in place.

The bolts are ready for an application of glue to attach the flights.
Roundtime: 14 sec.

You apply some glue to your bolts and affix each bolthead in place.

Roundtime: 18 sec.

Re: Testing 01/23/2016 01:11 PM CST

Is there any ETA on when crossbow crafting will get rolled into prime? Also is there any chance stonebows will make it into tinkering before release?
Re: Testing 01/24/2016 10:35 AM CST
Working on stonebows right now. I'm concerned that stonebows are FASTER than staff slings :/ I feel like the better approach would be

Item: From Hand / From Container
Slings: 1/2 to 2/3
Staff Sling: 3/4 to 4/5
Stonebow: 4/5 to 6/7

Any thoughts about this approach?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Testing 01/24/2016 11:03 AM CST
>>Stonebow: 4/5 to 6/7

>>Any thoughts about this approach?

It's been awhile since I've been in test so where does this put stonebows in relation to light crossbows? The same RT range or a second quicker?

Will the stat based RT reductions not apply to them like new crossbows? If not then they would need to appraise much better than current stonebows (I think fest stonebows are reasonable/reasonable and store-bought a level below them) for me to consider using them over old stonebows.
Re: Testing 01/24/2016 12:31 PM CST
By looking at that it appears your implying to raise the roundtimes for each?

Testing this with currently in Prime
** Reduced load was using a Ranger for all and not enough skill to lower stonebow more than ranger ability for reduced load.

Hand/Container

Sling

Reduced Load
2/2

Normal
2/3

Staff Sling

Reduced Load
4/4

Normal
4/5

Stonebow

Reduced Load
5/5

Normal
5/6
Re: Testing 01/24/2016 01:37 PM CST
>>By looking at that it appears your implying to raise the roundtimes for each?

No, that doesn't appear to be the case. You'll have the choice of crafting an item with a particular load time. So in some cases they are faster. In some cases they are the same as they are now. In some cases the stonebows are slower.

Re: Testing 01/24/2016 01:38 PM CST
>>It's been awhile since I've been in test so where does this put stonebows in relation to light crossbows? The same RT range or a second quicker?

The new stonebows would work off the new mechanics and stat assignments. They'd overlap with light crossbows.

Re: Testing 01/24/2016 01:43 PM CST
Oh, and it appears old stonebows have a built in 50% damage penalty. Why? I have no clue. That will be going away with this change...

Re: Testing 01/24/2016 01:43 PM CST
>The new stonebows would work off the new mechanics and stat assignments. They'd overlap with light crossbows.

Is it possible to simply make stonebows duplicate crossbow patterns, but with a different ammo source? So we would have hand/light/heavy/super-heavy same as crossbows, but use sling ammo, which has a different template entirely?

That would kind of be my ideal, rather than having this odd niche where it's kind-of-but-not-really a crossbow.
Re: Testing 01/24/2016 01:44 PM CST
>>Is it possible to simply make stonebows duplicate crossbow patterns

Yes, if it wasn't obvious, that is what I was going for here... though only for light crossbows. I don't have the resources to do it for heavy/arbalest types.

Re: Testing 01/24/2016 01:49 PM CST
>Yes, if it wasn't obvious, that is what I was going for here... though only for light crossbows. I don't have the resources to do it for heavy/arbalest types.

Nah, it was obvious, but you answered my question. You don't have the resources to expand it to the full range of weapon types.

Given the option, I guess light is the best choice.

If the DPS values between light crossbow/stonebow doesn't work out equitable, is it possible to adjust anything else? Ideally they would be equal.
Re: Testing 01/24/2016 02:03 PM CST
>>Oh, and it appears old stonebows have a built in 50% damage penalty. Why? I have no clue.

Someone must have hated slings, and anything sling like, way back in the day. I remember slings had a damage penalty also.

>>That will be going away with this change...

Glad to hear. I can't wait to see Tinkering go live.
Re: Testing 01/24/2016 10:14 PM CST

>No, that doesn't appear to be the case. You'll have the choice of crafting an item with a particular load time. So in some cases they are faster. In some cases they are the same as they are now. In some cases the stonebows are slower.

Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part I was reading it as this is what it is now vs what it will be and not what it could be.

Adding to that is there an ETA for slings/staff slings?
Re: Testing 01/25/2016 01:31 PM CST
Any ETA on those character copies? I'm useless in the testing right now with only ~43 ranks of engineering.
Re: Testing 01/25/2016 06:19 PM CST
>Kodius: Working on stonebows right now.

I like the RT suggestion that you presented Kodius. Staff slings have always needed some love.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!
Re: Testing 01/30/2016 10:12 PM CST
I found a bug with the bolt templates, so spent most of today fixing those. Then I added stonebows, telescopes and music boxes...

Now going to work on Siegery and Lockpicking. With that done, this baby should be ready for final test and release :)

Re: Testing 01/30/2016 10:26 PM CST
>telescopes

Many thanks!
Re: Testing 01/30/2016 10:58 PM CST
Should we be seeing those in the tinkering books now then? (I do not right now)

Re: Testing 01/30/2016 11:09 PM CST
No, they aren't released to DRT just yet. Soon hopefully.

Re: Testing 01/30/2016 11:37 PM CST

>Now going to work on Siegery and Lockpicking. With that done, this baby should be ready for final test and release :)

Can we please get fresh character copies in test?
Re: Testing 01/31/2016 11:16 AM CST
Kodius, I was planning to do another round of testing after your last request but ended dealing with some pretty serious health issues over the past couple weeks. Managed to do some testing yesterday and here's what I found.

-Society masters still don't give any descriptions when you ask them about the techs.

-Bolt flights are still only available in Crossing.

-Still can't read the tinkering chart in the Crossing society. Riverhaven is currently working however.

-Shard has a shaping and carving chart but no tinkering chart.

-Ratha and Muspar'i don't appear to be set up for tinkering or shaping. There is no lumber or shaping tools, only carving charts, and no gear presses.

-Not sure if this is one of the bolt bugs you just fixed, but when you study the sabretooth bolt instruction it says "You scan the sabrertooth bolts instructions". Then your final product becomes sabrertooth bolts instead of sabretooth bolts.

~Engineering Savant Ascot Ryuzzaki, Grayroot of Elanthia
Re: Testing 02/02/2016 06:04 AM CST
I don't know if we already have this but any chance we could get templates for quadrellos and pulzones? Identical to bolts, with different noun. To allow us to differentiate from critter-wielded bolts while hunting.
Re: Testing 02/03/2016 12:28 AM CST
holy smokes. siegery, music boxes?

-Munch-
Re: Testing 02/03/2016 05:29 AM CST
I just noticed there's a typo in the list of techs on the tinkering chart.

It reads, "Balance Crossbow Crafting" when it should read "Balanced Crossbow Crafting" like the other "Balanced" technique.

Re: Testing 02/03/2016 02:49 PM CST
There are some flavors of arrows and bolts that will become available through metal tinkering/shaping. Just not there yet.

Re: Testing 02/14/2016 12:27 AM CST
In the Tinkering Book instructions where it lists tools needed; draw knife is spelled as 2 separate words. Drawknife should be one word.

When making a telescope (and possibly any item that requires tinkering tools after further tests), the step where you use tinkering tools to make an adjustment to a telescope the adjustment step messaging is just a few blank lines:

>adj tele with my tools

Shaping with a wood shaper is needed to further smooth the material's surface.
Roundtime: 20 sec.

Lenses were missing at the Crossing Engineering Society steel crate but they were attainable at the Riverhaven Engineering Society.

When appraising a finished telescope made from store bought wood the appraisal difficulty seemed abnormally difficult.
When appraising a finished telescope made from store bought wood there seemed to be appraisal bugs with missing information on the lines I've bolded:

>app my tele careful
You are confident that the wood in the simple telescope is of perfect quality.
You wonder if the wood in the simple telescope has a durability of 42, placing it at 'low durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are confident that the wood in the simple telescope is difficult to work with.
You are confident that the wood in the simple telescope is somewhat soft.
You are confident that the wood in the simple telescope is rather stiff.
You wonder if the wood in the simple telescope is very good at resisting rupture.
You believe that the wood in the simple telescope is very poor affinity for making.
You estimate that the wood in the simple telescope is poor affinity for making.
You wonder if the wood in the simple telescope is exceptional affinity for making.
You are certain that the simple telescope weighs exactly 36 stones.
You are certain that the simple telescope is worth exactly 45000 Lirums.

Using Lumberjacked wood these appraisal issues didn't show up:

>app my tele careful
You are certain that the wood in the simple telescope has a quality of 98, placing it at 'nearly perfect' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the wood in the simple telescope has a durability of 55, placing it at 'decent durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the wood in the simple telescope has a workability of 40, placing it at 'challenging to work with' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are confident that the wood in the simple telescope has a hardness of 80, placing it at 'quite hard' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the wood in the simple telescope has an stiffness of 83, placing it at 'exceptionally stiff' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the wood in the simple telescope has a physical resistance of 80, placing it at 'exceptional at resisting rupture' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the wood in the simple telescope has an affinity of 45, placing it at 'rather poor affinity for making shortbows and arbalests' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the wood in the simple telescope has an affinity of 80, placing it at 'exceptional affinity for making long bows and heavy crossbows' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the wood in the simple telescope has an affinity of 55, placing it at 'moderate affinity for making composite bows and light crossbows' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the simple telescope weighs exactly 37 stones.
You are certain that the simple telescope is worth exactly 31500 Lirums.

When using a cleaning cloth on a tinkered item you don't get an option with the mechanism as part of the appearance description on any items. (if it's intended that mechanisms show in some fashion)

>rub my tele with my clean cloth
You rub the telescope with your cloth, bringing out a new aspect of its appearance.
[Now showing appearance 1 - a simple telescope.]
You rub the telescope with your cloth, bringing out a new aspect of its appearance.
[Now showing appearance 0 - a moabi simple telescope.]
[Now showing appearance 1 - a simple telescope.]

The Engineering Society masters won't tell you any specifics about tinkering techniques. You can learn them, they just won't describe them. (I'm guessing this is probably just not implemented yet)

>ask talia about toy crafting

Talia says, "I cannot tell you anything about that technique."

The rub rifflers step on the female siegery soldier (and possibly other products) allowed you to use a shaper to shape the soldier instead of using rifflers.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Testing 02/14/2016 08:34 AM CST
Trying to make bolts, can't seem to get past needing to apply glue after affixing boltheads.

You place your boltheads with your jagged-horn bolts and carefully mark where it will attach when you continue crafting.
>
You get some wood glue from inside your duffel bag.
>
You dab the surface of your bolts with glue and attach the boltheads to them.

The bolts are ready for an application of glue to affix each bolthead.
>
You put your glue in your duffel bag.
>
You get a vibrant yellow-green wood shaper fashioned to resemble a cobra from inside your duffel bag.
>
That tool does not seem suitable for that task.
>
You deeply analyze the jagged-horn bolts and pore over its construction.
When crafting is complete these will be a type of animal part bolts.
The bolts must have glue applied to them for affixing the arrowheads.
From the progress so far, it looks like the bolts are of outstanding quality.
The bolts are a difficult piece to make.
You estimate that they are one-quarter done.
Roundtime: 8 sec.
>
You put your shaper in your duffel bag.
>
You get some wood glue from inside your duffel bag.
>
You dab the surface of your bolts with glue and attach the boltheads to them.

Roundtime: 18 sec.
>
You say, "Hm."
>
You put your glue in your duffel bag.
>
You get a silversteel carving knife with a tempered blade from inside your duffel bag.
>
>
You put your knife in your duffel bag.
>
You get a vibrant yellow-green wood shaper fashioned to resemble a cobra from inside your duffel bag.
>
>
[script paused, Esc to continue]
You deeply analyze the jagged-horn bolts and pore over its construction.
When crafting is complete these will be a type of animal part bolts.
The bolts must have glue applied to them for affixing the flights.
From the progress so far, it looks like the bolts are of outstanding quality.
The bolts are a difficult piece to make.
You estimate that they are one-third done.
Roundtime: 8 sec.
Re: Testing 02/14/2016 09:00 AM CST

Also when making crossbows and stonebows, are we supposed to need to assemble two mechanisms in a row? Messaging might be off, here if that's intentional.

You need another finished mechanism to continue crafting an unfinished yew battle crossbow. You believe you can assemble the two ingredients together once you acquire them.

>
You put your tools in your duffel bag.
>
You get some covellite mechanisms from inside your duffel bag.
>
You place your mechanisms with your battle crossbow and carefully mark where it will attach when you continue crafting.
>
You put your mechanisms in your duffel bag.
>
You analyze every aspect of the battle crossbow and nod as your understanding grows.
When crafting is complete this will be a type of finished heavy crossbow.
You do not see anything that would prevent further carving with a knife.
From the progress so far, it looks like the crossbow is masterfully-crafted.
The crossbow is a complicated piece to make.
You estimate that it is half done.
Roundtime: 9 sec.
>
You get a silversteel carving knife with a tempered blade from inside your duffel bag.
>
Rangu pulls a bent rasp from a pile of glowing coals and begins twisting its neck back into place.
>

You need another finished mechanism to continue crafting an unfinished yew battle crossbow. You believe you can assemble the two ingredients together once you acquire them.
Prev_page Previous 1