Question about Character Transfer Policy 10/12/2021 04:04 PM CDT
I currently have 2 accounts - a Premium account I've had since 2014, and a Basic account I used to run back in 2001 and only recently reactivated. As much as I'd love to keep both accounts active over the long term, it's not currently in the cards financially. My Premium account has only 1 free character slot and my Basic account has 2 characters on it, so I am thinking about moving 1 of the Premium characters to the Basic account and both of the characters from the Basic account to the Premium account.

Information from the Character Transfers page reads as follows:
<The customer service department provides a character transfer service for moving characters from one play.net account to another. This service has a $20 fee associated with it per character transferred to cover the time spent investigating the request. Investigations include verifying billing, ensuring that the transfer's authenticity, and making any needed adjustments to the subscriptions on the involved accounts.>

I have already made sure to clean out the Premium character's house and vault, removed items from inventory slots to align with number of slots allowed in a Basic subscription, and gotten inventory to below 150, so that character should be good to transfer to the Basic account.

If the transfers are handled as follows, there should be no need for any subscription adjustments other than to remove the extra character/month charge on the Basic account:
Basic Character 1 to Premium
Premium Character 1 to Basic
Basic Character 2 to Premium

With this being the case, I am curious if there would still be a $20/character charge for each transfer or if there would be a $20 charge for the initial research and transfer and a lesser charge for the remaining two transfers, especially since I've done everything I can think of to make these transfers easy. Simu's policy as written isn't really clear about this scenario, and I never received an answer from Simu to the last question I wrote in about, so I'm hoping to find an answer for this question here on the forums.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!
Re: Question about Character Transfer Policy 10/12/2021 08:49 PM CDT
Based on my experience, every character you transfer comes with a $20 transfer fee regardless of the work involved. Transfer a character, $20. Want to move it back 2 days later, it will cost another $20. It sounds like you want to move 3 characters, so you will be charged $60, regardless of the accounts they're located on or preparation done on your side.

Like any law or policy, it's not written very plainly, but it's I believe it's there to justify why a fee exists for every character transfer and not a hazard fee if you don't follow directions.

Nikpack
Re: Question about Character Transfer Policy 10/20/2021 03:29 PM CDT
Additional character slots used to be a thing as well ($2.50) and might be an option for you, though still looking at xfer fees.