Prev_page Previous 1
[Bug] buggy WM list 11/21/2012 08:19 PM CST
sorry GM's... not sure if they're bugs so..

-air lash works underwater, I figured it wouldn't since the other air spells(other than Air Bubble) have no air to manipulate (though I wonder if an air fissure would matter)

-Electric shock from electricity spells in the water seems to be in a random order: like with GZ the ES flares for 3 bizars, then damage for one, then another's shield flared, then the damage listed for the rest. (nothing huge, just out of order, always been that way)

-Elec spells do the shock thing in water instead of damage, except GZ which does the shock thing AND damages- I believe it may also ignite naphtha underwater, hadn't gotten that far yet...

-MOF casts and works underwater, not sure if that's intended cause it's a transformation.

-Zeypher doesn't blow away fire rain? Used a really strong one, and a weak firerain.

-wasn't sure if it was supposed to from the spell desc- but fire rain doesn't light flammable objects or naphtha on the ground, least I sat there for awhile and had no luck.

-spellbooks line up mostly with the new stuff, but reference some spells that aren't theres and a few are missing, the polymorphic book is listed too, also couldn't use the scroll section last night, but you guys saw that.

Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/21/2012 10:41 PM CST
-MOF still casted underwater, flared when attacking, and actually lit the naphtha I threw at a shark.
-YS and PW also work underwater
-vertigo stacks, like i can cast 10 times, and it'll pulse for all 10, bug?

*I like how MOA works, and shows in the room look as the person having claw marks, works with ignite too.
*GZ seems to work normal underwater now
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/21/2012 11:43 PM CST
>>-MOF still casted underwater, flared when attacking, and actually lit the naphtha I threw at a shark.
>>-YS and PW also work underwater
>>-vertigo stacks, like i can cast 10 times, and it'll pulse for all 10, bug?

I'll leave MOF as is right now, I don't think anyone wants to get too rough on the environmentals for WM spells.
YS now works underwater, and the messaging proves it.
PW does not. Tiny bubbles can only do so much.
Vertigo should prevent recasts.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/22/2012 12:41 AM CST
Before I forget-

Barrage doesn't seem to work, it says I need to be fully targeting a spell when I already have.

Summoning seems to learn slow(wasn't sure if it had the adjusted rate). With familiar, pathways, and summon meditations I've only gotten it to 3 or 4.

I wasn't noticing a difference with YS, I'll check again later using more hindering armor I'm less knowledgable in.

Am I learning sorcery by deflecting other guilds spells back at them with AC?
Or because I'm being cast at by them?
Some of the messaging it looks like I'm casting the spell back using my hands and not a reflection from the cloak, and that I was learning sorcery(I was listening to a class before but died a few times and my exp had cleared before I started to learn sorcery again), so I was wondering.

Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/22/2012 12:49 AM CST
>Summoning seems to learn slow

My experience was a little better. I started up Pathway Focus Accuracy and got to 8/34. Then I left combat, and did Summon Admittance repeatedly with Pathway Focus Accuracy running and got to 34/34 in just a few minutes. This brought two questions to mind. 1) Should we learn Summoning for using Pathways outside of combat, and 2) Should we be able to Summon Admittance while running a pathway?

>Barrage doesn't seem to work

I asked on chatter, and it appears it's not quite working yet. So it's known to be broken at the moment. I'm curious if Elemental Charge gained by casting a TM spell from your aligned element can completely negate the Elemental Charge lost by using Barrage. Does casting a higher tier spell regain more than casting a lower tier spell?

Elemental Lord Opieus, Master Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/22/2012 04:16 AM CST
Im only a little warmage 48th circle,

with magic skills as such .

Elemental Magic: 271 98% thoughtful (4/34) Attunement: 320 57% clear (0/34)
Arcana: 206 44% clear (0/34) Targeted Magic: 214 69% interested (12/34)
Augmentation: 244 51% clear (0/34) Debilitation: 217 36% clear (0/34)
Utility: 203 76% clear (0/34) Warding: 190 31% clear (0/34)
Summoning: 200 02% clear (0/34)

I am aligned to electricity.

Casting Chain Lightning min prep full target from having full mana and with no harness or cambrinth use one cast leaves me at 45% mana.

Attempting a second cast ...

prep cl
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
You feel intense strain as you try to manipulate the mana streams to form this pattern, and you are not certain that you will have enough mental stamina to complete it.
You trace an angular sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Chain Lightning spell.

I cannot complete due to the strain... this seems overly punitive I know I am not one of the big mages out there but CL is kinda our defining spell i cant believe you mean for it to be so harsh to cast.

Cheers for any input.

Words Words Words .. in the end thats all it is
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/22/2012 04:18 AM CST
Just for clarification

also know the following feats

You recall proficiency with the magic feats of Basic Preparation Recognition, Faster Targeting, Faster Battle Preparations, Focused Preparation, Augmentation Mastery, Targeted Mastery, Deep Attunement, Efficient Channeling and Efficient Harnessing.

Words Words Words .. in the end thats all it is
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/22/2012 04:33 AM CST
Chain lightning is an esoteric spell. Those are aimed at people in the 700+ skill range. I'm surprised you can even cast it.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/22/2012 09:22 AM CST
If memory serves I was barely getting CL off at your skill in prime and as previously stated, it is now slated to be a much harder to cast spell. The flip side is all our TM spells are powerful leaving you with a much wider range of what you can now use and actually learn/damage.

Luck is nothing more than opportunity meeting preparation.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/22/2012 10:59 AM CST
- had another bug maybe? AC doesn't hide a familiars owner on Perc, I figured that may be covered by a future feat though.

>>CL is kinda our defining spell i cant believe you mean for it to be so harsh to cast.

AC was more our signature spell and is more so now. CL was just awesome cause it was spammy, strong, and pretty cheap.
CL's not so great now and you might be disappointed and better off with fire rain.

Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/22/2012 03:39 PM CST
>>I cannot complete due to the strain... this seems overly punitive I know I am not one of the big mages out there but CL is kinda our defining spell i cant believe you mean for it to be so harsh to cast.

What's the power level in the room?
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/23/2012 02:31 AM CST
-MOA doesn't seem to be working now, it shows the marks but doesn't flare for spells, or ignited weapons, or MOF attacks. It gave indication yesterday that the lines flared when you did elemental damage and it reacted.

-DB doesn't light naphatha.

-Ignite doesn't light naphatha if it was suposed to.

-Would AC reverse ROS? It didn't affect ROS any, and we weren't sure. I wasn't sure if it was a hybrid TM spell, and AC worked on the rest.

Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/23/2012 12:47 PM CST
>Would AC reverse ROS?

I've never used AC, does it work on AoE spells? RoS might be considered AoE since it hits everything at melee.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Master Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/23/2012 01:29 PM CST
With FLS and SHOCK, the 'hits' are registering the flame aspect, the miss is not.

You gesture.
You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.
Harnessing the winds to your will, you throw your hand up and a gale explodes outward! With only the slightest thought you ignite the expanding air, as flashes of brightly burning fire swirl out in all directions.
The *ring of fire* strikes an asaren celpeze, causing a good hit to its abdomen!
The *ring of fire* strikes an asaren celpeze, causing a good hit to its head!
An asaren celpeze miraculously avoids being struck by the *shards of ice!*
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/23/2012 01:42 PM CST
Getting odd messaging on Stone Strike (STS) as well.

You gesture at a young forest gryphon.
A stone slab rips itself free of the earth, shatters into numerous jagged shards and hurtles toward a young forest gryphon!
The right legshard impacts causing a solid hit to a young forest gryphon's right hind leg.
The backshard impacts causing a solid hit to a young forest gryphon's back.
The chestshard impacts causing a solid hit to a young forest gryphon's chest.
The headshard impacts causing a solid hit to a young forest gryphon's head.
The young forest gryphon is lightly stunned!
Roundtime: 1 sec.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/23/2012 06:16 PM CST
AC worked on all basically all spells that damaged before, ROS, rimefang, TKT, fire rain, etc
Now- it affects CL, fire rain, cleric lava spell, TKT, shockwave, etc... But I can't think of a similar cyclic or effect spell that grinds like that. It might be considered an offensive barrier and less a TM attack spell? But since its damaging l, I think it's at least a TM hybrid spell and AC would protect against it as well.

Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/23/2012 07:11 PM CST
Cleric halo should function similarly to RoS, though without the damage component (versus non-undead at least), might be worth testing with that?

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/23/2012 10:11 PM CST
>>messaging on Stone Strike (STS)

Fixed.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/23/2012 10:12 PM CST
>>With FLS and SHOCK

Fixed

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/24/2012 12:08 AM CST
By the way, I've rewritten how AC works for reflecting spells. Let me know what you think. Should fix that DO problem, and make the messaging seem a bit more normal.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/24/2012 02:35 AM CST
AC reversal messaging looked better, at least I didn't see anything screwy with things like aether lash or anything that's overly reliant on the cast while I was playing around.

The main one I remember it looking weird was a spell where light came out of their hand, and I did the same back at them, and the necro spell, where I got DO and the damage from not having a bleeder or whatever.

Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/24/2012 07:02 AM CST
>>By the way, I've rewritten how AC works for reflecting spells. Let me know what you think. Should fix that DO problem, and make the messaging seem a bit more normal.

Can you please move this version over to plat? My WM would love to be able to go visit empaths again. The DO from reflecting the conjurer's BLB really ramped up in a hurry.

A shadowy black death spirit says, "Give us the annoying one, and the rest of you shall live."
* Mudge was just struck down!
The cackling continues. "The Darkness is pleased with your sacrifice."
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/24/2012 12:51 PM CST
>>move this version over to plat?

Most of my fixes the last few days have been to both places at once. This one was more of a test of a new way to do it, and possibly dangerous, so I have it only in Test for the moment. If things are look solid on it, I'll be moving it over later tonight.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/24/2012 04:42 PM CST
>>If things are look solid on it, I'll be moving it over later tonight.

That's fair. Does DO go away on it's own, or is that something I need to get fixed?

A shadowy black death spirit says, "Give us the annoying one, and the rest of you shall live."
* Mudge was just struck down!
The cackling continues. "The Darkness is pleased with your sacrifice."
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/24/2012 08:17 PM CST
it goes away, just don't use any "city" services for awhile <vaults, banks, npc empaths, etc.>

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/26/2012 03:03 AM CST
-ROS isn't causing MOA to flare, if it should.

-could MOA boost naphtha? Y'know for when we can make super-naphtha.

-should AL cause MOA to flare? At least when/if it damages? It currently doesn't if it should.

-Should AL damage at missle?

-should AL indicate damage messaging? It just says a flash of light, and the target gets a stun unless they catch fire from naphtha.

-YS is just an armor rank boost increase right?

-Any word on if there'd be a reduction of limitations of spells indoors? Like limit tremor to just one target or something?
A lot of what I hunt is undead and/or indoors, I'm okay if it makes sense like in water, and I hadn't gotten to indoor air spells yet.

-Custom Pattern Hue, I hope if they come back we can keep ours.

-any word on how far off the cyclic damaging familiar summon is? I think that might make people happy seeing their familiar act like Ball Lighning, if its still taking that approach.

-people keep asking me about rimefang and magnetic ballista.

-incinerate as a spell? When I read mine it turned to Strange Arrow, but spellbooks and spell scroll chapters were still buggy. So I can't test that.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/26/2012 12:27 PM CST
Not sure if this belongs on a buggy list or a question.

Cyclical spells, should they add to elemental charge every time you feed them mana?

I'm aligned fire and often hunt with Fire Rain, it would be great if that added to my charge each pulse.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/26/2012 12:29 PM CST
>> any word on how far off the cyclic damaging familiar summon is? I think that might make people happy seeing their familiar act like Ball Lighning, if its still taking that approach.

This, 100 times over. If it did damage and learning based on the Summoning skill, I think that would be a great way to train the skill.

Bonus points if we can Ignite our familiar and have it work with MoA as well.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/26/2012 02:58 PM CST
>>Bonus points if we can Ignite our familiar and have it work with MoA as well.

Charizard, use Flame Thrower now!
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/26/2012 03:08 PM CST
A few of my impressions from testing:

-I noticed casting Flame Shockwave doesn't add to elemental charge when you're aligned to fire. I know Shockwave is in he air book, but it might be a nice perk to have it count as fire, for charge purposes, when you use the Flame Shockwave metaspell.

-At 250ish PM, I can't cast either of the WM ritual spells (I have tried both the limited ritual focii as well as the staff, with correct syntax). Are MOF and AEG meant to be so demanding? I can cast FR and CL just fine, and those require level 40.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/26/2012 03:27 PM CST
Are you sure you used the foci correctly? Invoked them and got a response from the game indicating 'magic stuff happens good'?

At at 200s PM I was casting the cleric PoM fine with a focus. Just asking.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/26/2012 03:32 PM CST
>>At at 200s PM I was casting the cleric PoM fine with a focus. Just asking.

IIRC...

PoM is advanced

MAF and AEG are esoteric

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/26/2012 03:39 PM CST
>>Are you sure you used the foci correctly? Invoked them and got a response from the game indicating 'magic stuff happens good'?

I should have included a log just to make sure I'm doing it right, here is what's happening:

> prep mof
Since you're not feeding enough power into the spell pattern to make it coherent, you quickly work your way to the minimum required.
You feel intense strain as you try to manipulate the mana streams to form this pattern, and you are not certain that you will have enough mental stamina to complete it.
However, if you utilize a ritual focus: That will disrupt less than half your current attunement.

You trace a hasty sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Mantle of Flame spell.
> invoke pouch

>
Kneeling down, you draw the spell pattern's shadow with some of your supply of crushed scheelite.
Roundtime: 20 sec.
R>
Your crushed scheelite design erupts, transforming into a pattern of vivid and fiery lines!
The mana-reactive crushed scheelite burns with power, but some flaw in your ritual's design prohibits it from feeding the spell pattern.
R>
Your vivid and fiery ritual burns away, leaving no sign of its former presence.
R>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
> cast
You raise your fist toward the sun.
You strain, but are too mentally fatigued to finish the pattern, and it slips away.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/26/2012 03:39 PM CST
>IIRC...

>PoM is advanced

>MAF and AEG are esoteric

That's correct.

However, my warrior mage has similar skill levels and can cast both MAF and AEG fine. The OP needs to make sure that they're invoking the foci properly.

Also, they need to make certain that they have the appropriate skill level in augmentation as that is the primary skills for casting those spells. PM has far less the importance than it did before. PM is simply a "booster" so to speak now. Augmentation skill level is going to be your primary determing skill for those spells.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/26/2012 03:40 PM CST

Do you have the tech for using foci?
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/26/2012 03:41 PM CST
>Your crushed scheelite design erupts, transforming into a pattern of vivid and fiery lines!
>The mana-reactive crushed scheelite burns with power, but some flaw in your ritual's design prohibits it from >feeding the spell pattern.

Your arcana is a little low. You failed to use the foci properly.

You'll have to try and invoke again until you don't get a failure message.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/26/2012 03:42 PM CST

>Do you have the tech for using foci?

That tech only grants the ability to use non-realm specific foci.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/26/2012 03:58 PM CST
>>Do you have the tech for using foci?
I have all the feats related to rituals and focii, multiple attempts all fail.

My skills are:

Elemental Magic: 260 07% attentive (10/34) Attunement: 251 28% dabbling (1/34)
Arcana: 226 76% clear (0/34) Targeted Magic: 194 45% thinking (5/34)
Augmentation: 233 60% clear (0/34) Debilitation: 207 58% clear (0/34)
Utility: 194 75% clear (0/34) Warding: 181 60% clear (0/34)
Summoning: 180 87% clear (0/34)

If circle 50ish magic skills aren't enough to cast either ritual, they should probably have circle reqs like FR and CL do.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/26/2012 04:01 PM CST
You may just be shy of what you need to cast. It seems that around 250+ I have no issues casting either of them.
Re: [Bug] buggy WM list 11/26/2012 04:10 PM CST
>>If circle 50ish magic skills aren't enough to cast either ritual, they should probably have circle reqs like FR and CL do.

Keep in mind that if it has a hard circle req, that means people who could theoretically cast it even though they're not X circle yet would be locked out from doing so.

It might not hurt to consider it like many of the Cleric "quest" spells: just because you can get them early on doesn't mean you're explicitly expected to do so. You're just given the opportunity to do so if you feel up to the challenge.

Also keep in mind that there are feats that make casting spell types easier.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Prev_page Previous 1