Re: Stormfront Stun Indicator 01/20/2005 02:31 PM CST
Yeah, it seems to be related to activity. I know it works when I'm stunned in combat, and it also appears when I cast Persistance of Mana.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish

You say, "Also, I'm going to hold you to that "Ushnish Priest" title."
Khentimentiu chuckles.
Heiu says, "I said it on your behalf"
Re: Stormfront Stun Indicator 01/20/2005 02:31 PM CST
>Me too=). Trib & Armifer probably don't read this folder, and they'd be the ones to fix it.

To the Moon Mage folder!

Vien De'Lionne
Stormfront and numlock 01/25/2005 07:20 PM CST
One feature of the wizard that I would love to see in stormfront is the ability to ignore the numlock.
Re: Stormfront and numlock 01/25/2005 10:23 PM CST
All you have to do is go into your macros and add a new set of macro functions for the decimal and 0 through 9 keys (hit them on the numpad with the numlock on).

I was also frustrated about this for a while, but then I finally figured that out. You won't have to do the divide,multiply, etc keys because those are no different when numlock is on/off.

~Brady, player of I'm a Lover Not a Figher Elavin Rismel.

It sounds great, but I think it could use a little more cow bell.
Re: Stormfront and numlock 01/26/2005 04:04 PM CST
Ahhh sweet. Thanks for the tip, Brady.
Re: Stormfront and numlock 01/28/2005 09:43 AM CST
Ya welcome! I'm also loving macros right now..if ya have any questions on them too, shoot me an e-mail. I've got alchemy down to hotkeys, so it's so much easier now ::grins::

Re: Stormfront and numlock 01/28/2005 09:43 AM CST
Stormfront is the only program I have ever run on any computer I have ever owned or operated (dating back to the Apple ][) that changes the numlock setting without input from the user. We shouldn't have to do workarounds for what is obviously a bug, and quite an annoying one at that.
Re: Stormfront and numlock 01/28/2005 11:20 AM CST
<<Stormfront is the only program I have ever run on any computer I have ever owned or operated (dating back to the Apple ][) that changes the numlock setting without input from the user. We shouldn't have to do workarounds for what is obviously a bug, and quite an annoying one at that.>>

StormFront turns your numlock off/on?

I start StormFront with the numlock on. After StormFront is running numlock is still on. I press the keys and get numbers.
I start StormFront with the numlock off. After StormFront is running numlock is still off. I press the keys and I move to different rooms.

Seems to be working correctly to me?

Myke
Re: Stormfront and numlock 01/28/2005 12:59 PM CST
I was IMing with him after that...I've noticed that it's an XP thing sometimes when logging off/on (and/or completely shutting down the machine) that XP notes whether or not you have your num lock on or off. I've noticed this when remotely accessing my laptop from a desktop machine and it gets stuck with the num lock on on the laptop. It's one of those quirky ADA accessibility options, I think...

::mutters something into the air about user error:: grin

Re: Stormfront and numlock 01/28/2005 11:19 PM CST
>I was IMing with him after that...

Ooo, you little tattletale! ;)

I can assure you both, as I did Brady in the aforementioned IM's, that it is not an effect of XP, since I log off on average about once every six weeks and I do not use any accessibility features, remote or local. I keep my computer searching for alien civilizations 24/7 ;) I also am very strict about what processes I let run on my computer.

The only time I notice my numlock on an unexpected setting is when I run SF and hit the direction keys. Perhaps I was hasty in laying the blame on SF, since I have not specifically noticed the exact moment the setting changes from what I expect. So yes it's possible I am mistaken that the buggy numlock behavior I am experiencing is caused by SF. But it most definitely ain*'*t caused by XP. I'm going to watch it like a hawk from now on and see if I can nail down the exact moment it gets wonky.
Re: Stormfront and numlock 01/28/2005 11:55 PM CST
I said nothing about XP causing it....teehee

And it's now 2am...I'm starting to think of stupid crass comments to threads, so I'm going to close out Internet Exploder before I get myself in trouble...

Stormfront and scripts 04/17/2005 03:29 PM CDT
Hey folks,

I was just wondering where the script database is kept in stormfront. I can edit via the feature in game, but when i want to bring a script up and edit in my editting program i can't find where they are stored. I really like the feature in the wizard where it has a seperate folder for scripts. i tried creating a folder and putting all the scripts in it but that does not seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Nuich
Re: Stormfront and scripts 04/17/2005 04:51 PM CDT
>>I was just wondering where the script database is kept in stormfront. I can edit via the feature in game, but when i want to bring a script up and edit in my editting program i can't find where they are stored. I really like the feature in the wizard where it has a seperate folder for scripts. i tried creating a folder and putting all the scripts in it but that does not seem to work.

If at all possible, I strongly advise using the regular StormFront script editor.

WARNING! The following information could potentially corrupt the information for your character! WARNING!

IF you have StormFront set to store your settings locally, you might be able to edit the file that contains your character's scripts.

Warning Your character will have only a single file that contains all the character data for your character, including scripts, highlights, macros, sounds, etc.

This file, again assuming that it is stored locally, is in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\StormFront\DR

Note that the file name does not contain the character's name, instead it uses a series of numbers. And ends in the .XML extension.

My folder, linkage above, contains two files, one (at 10K) appears to be the "blank" default file, used when a new character is setup.

The second one, which is only 107K, appears to contain the information for the character I used to play through StormFront, and has multiple scripts in it.

You would need to open it in Notepad, and it will look ugly, since there are no line breaks, or any other true visual punctuation. Just a run-on file. As I said, ugly.

And you should probably understand XML coding in order to have much of a chance to work with this file.

Again, I cannot say how strongly I advise against not working directly in this file, unless you have training in XML, and remember to keep an unmodified backup copy. And are willing to accept any consequences, including possible loss of your character.

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Info Page http://kynevon.info
Mac OS X FE http://tinyurl.com/4btcl
Amagaim's What to Hunt Chart
Excel format: http://tinyurl.com/44jlt
HTML format: http://tinyurl.com/6tpls
Re: Stormfront and scripts 04/17/2005 05:44 PM CDT
Thanks for the reply Kyn. I was afraid that was the file i was looking at. Guess I will do it the hard way and write the script in my editor and then create in the game.

Thanks again

Nuich
Re: Stormfront and scripts 04/17/2005 06:18 PM CDT
Write it in Notepad and then paste into Stormfront. Much less painful.

Arcelebor

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
Re: Stormfront and scripts 04/18/2005 01:11 PM CDT
>Write it in Notepad and then paste into Stormfront. Much less painful.

That's what I do, too. It's the least painful option, but still something of a pain nonetheless.
Re: Stormfront and scripts 04/18/2005 03:53 PM CDT
still, it'd be nice to be able to have a standard editor instead of the stormfront GUI... it's nice, but lacking

Souv

You sense (N, S) from your current position:
A relatively healthy presence nearby.
Roundtime: 6 seconds
Re: Stormfront and scripts 04/18/2005 06:39 PM CDT
I write mine in editpade lite and then save them as a .cmd file and import them into stormfront, works pretty good for me, less hassle.

Alan
Stormfront Settings Problem.... 07/15/2005 04:59 AM CDT
I made the move to stormfront a while ago, and it was working fine for a while. On my main character i have all the settings changed to the way I want (Ive pretty much changed everything) and scripts and so forth.
I logged on as my empath one night, and began changing settings. After a while of changing things, I must have done something, and now I cant use SF on my empath.

Every time I log in, ill be fine, until it does "upload settings" and then it drops my connection.

Is there a way to clear my settings? I dont have enough time to import or anything because it drops me basically as soon as I log in... And I cant use wizard because I cant run any script without it freezing my computer due to too much CPU usage.

:(
Re: Stormfront Settings Problem.... 07/15/2005 09:32 AM CDT
Are you using any plugins that watch StormFront? When I first ran Strata (a plugin), my stormfront experienced the same problem.

~Brady, player of I'm a Lover Not a Fighter Elavin Rismel.

>get my amar
You get a burnt orange amaryllis.
>wear my amar
But you don't have any hair! Where are you going to put it? Don't answer that!
Re: Stormfront Settings Problem.... 07/15/2005 02:44 PM CDT
Yeah I run Strata - but it works just fine with any other character, its only my empath that gets booted when it uploads settings, and I dont think those settings being uploaded has anything to do with Strata anywa.

:(
Re: Stormfront Settings Problem.... 07/15/2005 02:47 PM CDT
Make sure that all your settings are set to local, not server...that is probably your problem. Disable strata until you verify this setting and then you can re-enable Strata and it should work.

The XML data feed received from the server at log on kills Strata, and therefore your connection to the game. If everything is set to local, this won't happen.

For reference to how to change this, go to options -> settings -> location and make sure everything is set to local.

>get my amar
You get a burnt orange amaryllis.
>wear my amar
But you don't have any hair! Where are you going to put it? Don't answer that!
Re: Stormfront Settings Problem.... 07/16/2005 05:08 AM CDT
Thankyou SO much, that worked. Thankyou thankyou thankyou!
Stormfront Issues (Something Nasty from the Pasty) 08/02/2005 09:34 PM CDT
A thread in another board reminded me that I had not repeated my Stormfront issues and bugs post in 6 months. So, therefore and herewith, is an update.

No weather/compass window - Solomon says no GM was working on this. Does that mean you need an on-site GM (in which case it just won't happen) or is it something that can be done by an off-site coding ninja?

Room window - Real-time updating bypasses vision-blocking states (like unconsciousness, fog, or darkened rooms) and makes it very obvious when someone hides (bypassing perception checks). This is very serious, I think. Perhaps it should only update on a manual "look"? (Rather than deal with rewriting how a dozen systems work with the window.) Is there seriously no GM response or defense of this ridiculously easy mech abuse? Less important, but worth noting, is how it erroneously displays certain things like home customizations.

Thought window feature - people've been begging to have the SF thought window work like Wizard's with a shortened display. "[Person] thinking" or somesuch.

Known bugs acknowledged and currently being investigated:
Story window hang on dialog box exit and script execution/abort
RT error - RT counter is often off and erroneously will not accept commands when it should

Known bugs waiting on a motivated GM:
albredine thinking echo badness - albredine messaging in thoughts window is awkward

Known bugs requiring on-site work (a.k.a. TBSS, Too Bad So Sad):
ESC clears line on script abort
Bugginess in group icons
Beep on idle warning

Bugs heroically fixed with minimal loss of life:
ECHOCOLUMN - not as originally described, but very useful

Arcelebor

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
Stormfront and Sneaking 09/20/2005 03:38 PM CDT
Reposting here too since I wasn't sure where was the right place to post the question. Anyway, is there a way to make the move verb default to sneak in SF when you are hiding already?Like it does for eScape.

Thanks

"Your motherboard melts when you try to send a fax
Where'd you get your CPU, in a box of Cracker Jacks?
Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you
If I ever meet you I'll control-alt-delete you"
Re: Stormfront and Sneaking 09/25/2005 03:27 PM CDT
>>is there a way to make the move verb default to sneak in SF when you are hiding already?Like it does for eScape.

Short answer, No.

With Strata you can set it to do so, but this has its own set of problems because it processes the command when you enter it and not when it is queued up, so fir you type unhide/north, it will try to sneak even though you stopped hiding before you actually tried to move.

Also, Strata has a number of other issues, including a myth about transmitting password/PIN information to its creator for the purpose of hacking your account. Also, the creator is kind of a tool about keeping the sourcecode secret, presumably because he was intending to charge for it in the future.
Re: Stormfront and Sneaking 09/25/2005 05:10 PM CDT
Whatever the truth or untruth about the situation, please don't refer to crap like that as "hacking". It's cracking. kthx.

Rev. Reene, player of a few
"Goodness had nothing to do with it, dearie." - Mae West
Re: Stormfront and Sneaking 09/25/2005 11:29 PM CDT
Wow. I didn't even realize I had used the term.
Stormfront: Making New Output Windows 10/06/2005 04:03 PM CDT
Possible yes or no?

Desperately need a window to output communication. (Say, Whisper, etc) since often, in hunting scroll I tend to lose it, and then when scrolling back up to find what just flew by, I miss something else.

Huldah's getting really ticked that I keep missing his whispers.

Re: Stormfront: Making New Output Windows 10/07/2005 01:10 AM CDT
To my knowledge this is not possible in Stormfront. It is, however, possible with Genie. You can create any number of custom output windows and send whatever you want to them. For instance, I currently have windows for: deaths, arrivals/departures, ranks gained, environmental stuff (weather messaging, moons rising and setting, changes in lunar mana levels), and speech (including whispers, yells, racial languages, NPC speech, etc.). Its a nice program, I highly recommend it.

http://www.genieclient.com
Re: Stormfront: Making New Output Windows 10/09/2005 10:37 AM CDT
--"For instance, I currently have windows for: deaths, arrivals/departures, ranks gained, environmental stuff (weather messaging, moons rising and setting, changes in lunar mana levels), and speech (including whispers, yells, racial languages, NPC speech, etc."--

Would be nice to have flags where we could just turn off more of those types of messages when we don't wanna to see them..
Re: Stormfront: Making New Output Windows 10/09/2005 09:17 PM CDT
If you want a very very good program for tracking things like speech and what not, Genie is your solution. You can even have the window blink if text appears in that window and the window is not focused (great for a peephole-like program for watching for speech).

There is a peephole program for SF and Wizard that I've got on my computer somewhere. IM me Huldahs-Pal and I'll try to find it.

But yeah, repeating what Vien said about Genie, it's a gr8 program. Tons of features, and a very flexible scripting program. Triggers are so nice.

You tap a pair of leather pants with a grey and a navy blue handkerchief stuffed in the right pocket that you are wearing.
~~~
Join The Fallen!
Stormfront Triggers 11/06/2005 09:37 AM CST
Sorry if this is the wrong folder, there's too many folders on this forum, and no way to search.

I used to use a program called WizTriggers or something like that a few years ago for the wizard, is there something similar for Stormfront? Just want to be able to interact with people without them running passed really quick.

K
Re: Stormfront Triggers 11/06/2005 07:06 PM CST
I don't believe there is one...for most people who want triggers nowadays, Genie Pro is the answer.

http://genieclient.com is where you can get Genie Pro. There is a basic version, but I don't believe it has the triggers. Pro costs $30 and is the best $30 you'll ever spend. Goes to support good people :-) Also I believe you can get up to 3 accounts per license for $30. See site to double-check.

~Brady, player of Bounty Hunter Samus, Wayne Brady and M. Baiter of The Fallen

The shadowling exclaims, "Bogo!"
Looks like someone has BOGO on the brain...
~~~
Join The Fallen!
Re: Stormfront Triggers 11/08/2005 02:50 PM CST
I've never used a FE with triggers. Can someone explain them to me?

>contact [myself]
Wherever you go, there you are.
Re: Stormfront Triggers 11/08/2005 02:55 PM CST
A trigger is basically a script that's looking for a specific line of text, and upon finding it will automatically execute. No need to ".script" on the commandline or use the menu to execute a travel script.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Stormfront Triggers 11/08/2005 03:36 PM CST
examples:

can issue game commands:

action put quit when ^\[You're.*smashed up
action put quit when ^\[You're.*terribly wounded

can also manipulate variables with Genie:

action setvariable ys off when ^You sense the cushion of air under
action setvariable ys off when returns to normal

or goto labels:

action goto skin when stops all movement
action goto skin when collapses to the ground

~~~
Join The Fallen!
Re: Stormfront Triggers 11/08/2005 05:36 PM CST
<<can issue game commands:

<<action put quit when ^\[You're.*smashed up
<<action put quit when ^\[You're.*terribly wounded

these examples of this kind of trigger would be agianst policy though since combat logging is mechanics abuse.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Stormfront Triggers 11/08/2005 05:42 PM CST
How is combat logging mechanics abuse, when there are specific mechanics to deal with it?

Of course, I hate combat logging and combat loggers... But how does it rise to the level of mechanics abuse? There shouldn't be BOTH mechanics to prevent/punish something (like the mechanics for combat logging) AND policy against it.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: Stormfront Triggers 11/08/2005 06:09 PM CST
>>these examples of this kind of trigger would be agianst policy though since combat logging is mechanics abuse.

I love The Fallen...yet another thing that keeps me from dying unnecessarily, losing field exp plus my held items. ::hugs his TF subscription tightly::

~~~
Join The Fallen!