Closing Stormfront 07/16/2004 10:25 AM CDT
I don't know if I am missing something, but I was wondering if there is a setting to choose where the stormfront window will close such as it did in the Wizard. Another idea I had was a button in the Stormfront window somewhere that would automatically log you back in after you type exit.

Finally, just want to say that I really like SF a lot, and thanks to all people that worked with it, and made it nice and sleek.

Malecor
Re: Closing Stormfront 07/16/2004 12:22 PM CDT
<<I don't know if I am missing something, but I was wondering if there is a setting to choose where the stormfront window will close such as it did in the Wizard.>>

We don't currently have an option for that.

<<Another idea I had was a button in the Stormfront window somewhere that would automatically log you back in after you type exit. >>

If you switch skins(even to the same one), it will try to log you back in.(I'm not sure if that will work if you use exit) you can also make that a macro I think.

<<Finally, just want to say that I really like SF a lot, and thanks to all people that worked with it, and made it nice and sleek.>>

Glade you like it. :)

Myke
Can we have a unified Stormfront message board category already? 07/19/2004 01:20 PM CDT
With the release of DR2, would it be possible to collect all the SF-related message boards in one place? The way it's done for eScape would be a good idea, so we can have a bug board, an announcements board, a discussion board, a questions/help board, and a scripting board.
Stormfront thoughts window 07/27/2004 06:38 PM CDT
I know there was a post on this somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Is there anyway in Stormfront to brief gweth messaging in the thoughts window?

Such as:

[Vien] blah blah blah

rather than:

Your mind hears Vien thinking, "blah blah etc."

~Vien De'Lionne of the Monks, a Prydaen.
Re: Stormfront thoughts window 07/27/2004 08:30 PM CDT
>>I know there was a post on this somewhere but I can't seem to find it. Is there anyway in Stormfront to brief gweth messaging in the thoughts window?

I believe the answer was "Not yet."

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Kynevon's DR Links Page: http://kynevon.info/index.html
Mac OS X FE: http://www.simucon2004.com/~kynevon/DragonRealms/WaveFront.zip
Stormfront keeps crashing 08/13/2004 11:42 AM CDT
When I try to get into the game using Stormfront, it crashes and says a log was generated. Anyone know where the log is or how I could get SF to load?

-Jeresis
Fear is the mind killer.
Compressed messages in Stormfront 08/14/2004 02:17 PM CDT
I know Natala has addressed the issue of compressed thoughts when the Thoughts window is open. Is something similar on the plate for deaths and arrivals?

~player of Gulphphunger
Stormfront: What am I missing if I don't use it? 08/17/2004 02:31 PM CDT
I'm wondering what exactly a returning player would be missing if they used the old Wizard instead of the new Stormfront? Are their features, current or upcoming, that can only be accessed through the new front end? I logged in briefly to try it out and just didn't like the feel of it as much with all the links and such everywhere for items and what not. If anyone could offer a short answer here in response or point me to a website that answers this query, I would appreciate it very much!

I'm sure this subject has been covered many times on these forums and that there is a plethora of information to be had on it. I apologize for not searching for the answer myself, I just have extremely limited time these days. I'm considering returning to the lands (again) after having been gone for quite a number of months (again) and a lot has changed in that time (again), and there must be literally thousands of forum posts piled up. Thousands upon thousands, I'm sure. So I'll beg forgiveness for not doing a lot more research than I have to find the answer myself and I sincerely appreciate any information any helpful community member has to offer.

Thanks!
Re: Stormfront: What am I missing if I don't use it? 08/17/2004 02:36 PM CDT
Here's what I like about it...

Health, mana, fatigue, and spirit bars... percentile coverage of these crucial items right on screen.
Inventory list window... yes there's inventory right on screen finally, no more typing inv every 5 seconds
RT indicator on the command line... 'nuff said, you can watch RT and type at the same time.

if that isn't enough to switch to stormfront, I don't know what is

Souv

manipulate friendship maid
>
A bar maid is not interested in your manipulations at this time. Perhaps later...
Re: Stormfront: What am I missing if I don't use it? 08/17/2004 02:40 PM CDT
If you use a good number of different computers (like me), Stormfront can store scripts and settings on the Simutronics server, allowing you to have a Stromfront that is nearly exactly the same on any computer you use.

~Kashik

"Consider your bottom... two... little corn-cob spiky handle things."
~Mean Maelona Morlamgar
Re: Stormfront: What am I missing if I don't use it? 08/17/2004 09:52 PM CDT
I like StormFront myself. It's got a few quirks of course. You dont autosneak if hidden like you could do with the wizard. And you dont have a drag option like either. IMO that's a small matter.

Also if you dont like the way SF looks you can go to: http://soldoursoultoplay.net/stormfrontfess.htm and download a different skin. I personally like Windreaper's skins.

I find the health, mana, and fatigue bars on the bottom I use all the time.

Bluefalcon
Re: Stormfront: What am I missing if I don't use it? 08/18/2004 11:13 AM CDT
Thanks for the responses!

I guess what I was most concerned with was: Will I miss out on any mechanical aspects of the game itself by using any other FE than Stormfront? The FE's have always added neat scripting perks and ease-of-use aspects and similar, but I wasn't sure if the new Stormfront was integrated into the game in some fashion where if I didn't use it then I would miss out on various ingame features or some such.

Thanks again!
Re: Stormfront: What am I missing if I don't use it? 08/18/2004 11:15 AM CDT
>>but I wasn't sure if the new Stormfront was integrated into the game in some fashion where if I didn't use it then I would miss out on various ingame features or some such.

Well one thing is when you type bug, you get a pop up box which is nice for filling out bug reports.

Brabs

Fighting with a bunch of archers in Geni.

"Hey, it's shoot GENI, not shoot GEN!"
[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath"
Your mind hears Gelicast thinking, "shoot the gelv cyclops, not gelicast"
Re: Stormfront: What am I missing if I don't use it? 08/18/2004 01:52 PM CDT
We can make some things easier through StormFront, but we don't expect to add things to the game which cannot be done through the other front ends.

-Natala
DR II Strike Team
"If you were right and I was wrong
Why are you the one who's gone
And I'm still here."
-- Vertical Horizon "I'm Still Here"
Re: Stormfront: What am I missing if I don't use it? 08/18/2004 04:46 PM CDT
Ahhhh, thanks a lot Natala! I'll probably make the switch to Stormfront in a few weeks when I'm feeling more comfortable with the game again.
Re: Stormfront: What am I missing if I don't use it? 08/18/2004 07:47 PM CDT
Also, if you use wizard, you have to stop a script and start a new one. If you use Stormfront, you can be running a script and automatically type .swim and it will stop the one you are running and start the other. Also, you can add a script into your other script, fancy... yeah, but those things are for those of you who script.

Player of Raydell, among many others.

Rest Mode in Stormfront 09/03/2004 09:32 PM CDT
Any time someone 'arrives' I'm taken out of rest mode.

>[Leaving rest mode.]
Sympath Liport's group just arrived.

>[Leaving rest mode.]
Homerius just arrived.

Another example

>[Leaving rest mode.]
Liport closes his eyes for a moment and grows still.
Liport is stunned!

I have stunned highlighted red, should that make a difference.

This...seems to have stopped happening as I typed this. Weird.

While I'm posting...commands sent via script also pull you out of restmode. This isn't as big a deal. ::grins::

R>[Entering rest mode - press any key to resume.]
R>[Leaving rest mode.]
You put your instructions in your grey backpack.

R>[Leaving rest mode.]
You carefully make another fold in your paper.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

R>
Your mind hears Gueniveve thinking, "Anyone able to pop some Geni boxes for me?"
R>[Leaving rest mode.]
You carefully make another fold in your paper.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

-Chris

Victory by any means necessary.
Stormfront Macros + window idea 11/03/2004 01:48 PM CST
Hello, don't read this folder much so if any of this is repeat I apologize...

In Stormfront I have marcro sets for different weapons...ie a jabber over a slicer. I see the list is numbered, is there a way to switch between marcro sets on the keyboard?

Window Idea:

An experience window would be nice....not sure if its at all possible, but I type "exp" probably more than any other command in the entire game. If I could just have a window that holds my "learning experience" that would be completely awesome.

thanks.

Codiax.

Crowd Control:
You've gained a new rank in your ability to fight multiple opponents.
Re: Stormfront Macros + window idea 11/03/2004 09:38 PM CST
Alt+(number) switches to the macro sets. Alt+1 is set 1, etc. Alt+0 switches to default.

I suggested the experience window way back when SF was in dev, and Maelona took note of it. Seeing as she's gone now, I don't know where her list of things has gone, but with any luck it's at least on the backburner

-Durnil
Re: Stormfront Macros + window idea 11/04/2004 03:00 PM CST
>An experience window would be nice....not sure if its at all possible, but I type "exp" probably more than any other command in the entire game. If I could just have a window that holds my "learning experience" that would be completely awesome.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely that we will implement an experience window for DragonRealms simply because of the frequency of updates necessary to keep the information "current". The increase in the amount of data we would be sending would be significant and any sort of optimization would require placing further load on the server side of things for what is a minimal benefit.

Imagine as many times as you type exp, then multiply that by every time you get a pulse of experience or a bit to a particular "bucket" from doing something that gains you experience...

(For the programmers out there, yes I know there are ways to optimize such a process but I also know the code with which I would be working...so take my word on it.)

Christopher
Re: Stormfront Macros + window idea 11/04/2004 03:21 PM CST
What about a window that we could dump the experience info into when we type EXP?I mean instead of taking up half my story window i could type exp and eliminate alot of the clutter from the action
Re: Stormfront Macros + window idea 11/04/2004 03:31 PM CST
<<What about a window that we could dump the experience info into when we type EXP?I mean instead of taking up half my story window i could type exp and eliminate alot of the clutter from the action>>

And then write a script that constantly does a put exp. <ducks>

Myke
Re: Stormfront Macros + window idea 11/04/2004 04:08 PM CST
<<And then write a script that constantly does a put exp. <ducks>>

Haha that's funny.

Peon Cratyon-- (insert something here)

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Stormfront Macros + window idea 11/04/2004 06:15 PM CST
>Unfortunately, it is unlikely that we will implement an experience window for DragonRealms simply because of the frequency of updates necessary to keep the information "current". The increase in the amount of data we would be sending would be significant and any sort of optimization would require placing further load on the server side of things for what is a minimal benefit.

It doesn't really need to be current. Once every 15 seconds or so would be fine. That's much less frequent than the room window is updated. (Which is updated what like once every second or two due to bugs)

-Cliff

"Nevertheless, history no longer matters here -- in things that have happened and things that will happen and things that are happening. Elanthia is dying."
Re: Stormfront Macros + window idea 11/04/2004 08:08 PM CST
>>It doesn't really need to be current. Once every 15 seconds or so would be fine. That's much less frequent than the room window is updated. (Which is updated what like once every second or two due to bugs)

As I havn't done any testing, take what I say worth a grain of salt, but it probably only updates there is a change in the room inventory, or people in the room, which if there is nothing going on in the room, it can not update for a looong while. This vs what some people were asking, or seemed to be asking for, which is an update everytime a bits are added to the pool, or bits are converted, which can wind up being multiple times a second for a large number of people(those in combat) and worst case scenerio for those draining, once every 20 seconds(IIRC).

Blue Fire
Re: Stormfront Macros + window idea 11/04/2004 08:21 PM CST
>As I havn't done any testing, take what I say worth a grain of salt, but it probably only updates there is a change in the room inventory, or people in the room, which if there is nothing going on in the room, it can not update for a looong while. This vs what some people were asking, or seemed to be asking for, which is an update everytime a bits are added to the pool, or bits are converted, which can wind up being multiple times a second for a large number of people(those in combat) and worst case scenerio for those draining, once every 20 seconds(IIRC).

The room window updates every second or two even when nothing in the room changes. It just sends duplicate messages over and over. Experience window seems very viable if it's only updated once every 15 seconds.

-Cliff

"Nevertheless, history no longer matters here -- in things that have happened and things that will happen and things that are happening. Elanthia is dying."
Re: Stormfront Macros + window idea 11/04/2004 08:58 PM CST
<<The room window updates every second or two even when nothing in the room changes. It just sends duplicate messages over and over. Experience window seems very viable if it's only updated once every 15 seconds.

In Combat I probably check my own experience atleast once every 10 seconds if not more. Right now I am running a script and it checks exp once every 10 seconds. So once every 15 seconds would be less than my personal norm. But I guess if it updates every player's exp that is logged in every 15 seconds it might get alittle busy at times.....but really it shouldn't with the size of the usual population.

Codiax.

Crowd Control:
You've gained a new rank in your ability to fight multiple opponents.
Re: Stormfront Macros + window idea 11/04/2004 09:01 PM CST
>In Combat I probably check my own experience atleast once every 10 seconds if not more. Right now I am running a script and it checks exp once every 10 seconds. So once every 15 seconds would be less than my personal norm. But I guess if it updates every player's exp that is logged in every 15 seconds it might get alittle busy at times.....but really it shouldn't with the size of the usual population.

It would use a ton less resources than the room window currently does. It could also do a check to see if you have any field experience so that it doesn't have to send if your mind is clear.

-Cliff

Re: Stormfront Macros + window idea 11/04/2004 09:53 PM CST
I type experience constantly.I could set up a script.I really just wanted that info Dumped into a different window to eliminate scroll.I dont see how it makes a difference if i hit my macro every 15 seconds or if the game does it for me.
Re: Stormfront Macros + window idea 11/04/2004 09:56 PM CST

I have always wanted a window to just send exp to were it did not scroll. for me famaliar window would be great. But anyone at all.

I don't even want or need it to auto update.

My delima is trying to see some exp and it scrolling off screen faster than I can read or see it, then hitting it more and it flying off screen. then me getting ticked off and stopping screen scroll and manually scrolling up to read it... Then I got to scroll back down and try to pick out if I missed anything important...

Then later on doing it all over again... Were I would be very happy to have it sit still long enough to read in its own window.

"I don*'*t give a rats butt about your empirical evidence, Mr. Sunshine"
Mia

Re: Stormfront Macros + window idea 11/04/2004 10:02 PM CST
I really never thought i would here myself say this but here goes........AMEN SOIM
Re: Stormfront Macros + window idea 11/04/2004 10:22 PM CST
> Then later on doing it all over again... Were I would be very happy to have it sit still long enough to read in its own window.

It would be exceedingly simple to do this. Since whenever I post XML here it gets hidden, suffice it to say the only change that would need to be made would be to wrap the exp output within two XML tags that tell stormfront to put it in the experience window.

-Cliff

Stormfront highlight bug w/room window and apostrophes 11/05/2004 06:19 PM CST
Not sure if this one is a known bug or not, but I noticed it tonight.

Basically, if a highlighted item has an apostrophe in the name, it will disrupt the highlight, and the Room window will treat the item as not having a specific custom highlight.

Examples:

Highlight for " ironwood-hafted hhr'ata " will not be processed.
Highlight for " ironwood-hafted hhr' " will not be processed.
Highlight for " ironwood-hafted hhr " will be processed. However, if you use the "ignore case", "entire paragraph" and/or "match partial word" options, the apostrophe and characters after that will not be highlighted.

The highlight works fine for the item in the Story window, including if you use the LOOK verb. The highlights are also properly processed in the STOWed container windows. However, the custom highlight will not work in the room window, whereas other highlights sans apostrophe are working properly.

I've tested and duplicated this bug with "a ironwood-hafted hhr'ata", "a piece of hhr'lav'geluhh bark", and "a Be'ort tear rose", the only items with apostrophes I have with me.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish

"Remember, DR is all about fantasy. Many people invest themselves in their heroic fantasy; they're absolutely aghast when people don't leap to help them. After all, they're the hero." - Larcus' Player
Stormfront Stun Indicator 01/20/2005 02:07 PM CST
I know Stormfront is no long beta testing but I couldn't find a regular 'ole Stormfront folder to put this in. Anywho, any chance of getting a "stunned" icon added to Stormfront like there is in the Wizard (the little stars)?

Vien De'Lionne
Re: Stormfront Stun Indicator 01/20/2005 02:09 PM CST
I see a yellow exclamation mark in the corner when I'm stunned. The same as eScape, if I recall.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish

You say, "Also, I'm going to hold you to that "Ushnish Priest" title."
Khentimentiu chuckles.
Heiu says, "I said it on your behalf"
Re: Stormfront Stun Indicator 01/20/2005 02:14 PM CST
Hrm. Well I just stunned myself with a bad prediction and got nothing. Don't find myself stunned very often, so I don't know why that would be.

Vien De'Lionne
Re: Stormfront Stun Indicator 01/20/2005 02:17 PM CST
>Hrm. Well I just stunned myself with a bad prediction and got nothing. Don't find myself stunned very often, so I don't know why that would be.

Skull predictions probably don't set the stunned status correctly. I've definitely seen the stun indicator before, and I seem to recollect not seeing one from predictions.

-Cliff

Re: Stormfront Stun Indicator 01/20/2005 02:20 PM CST
Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. I see it when I'm stunned in combat, but I don't see it if I'm stunned by blowin' a trap on a box.

Zelaide flings her arms into the air and pretends to prepare a spell!
Re: Stormfront Stun Indicator 01/20/2005 02:20 PM CST
>Skull predictions probably don't set the stunned status correctly. I've definitely seen the stun indicator before, and I seem to recollect not seeing one from predictions.

Ok then, I'd like to see THAT fixed.

Vien De'Lionne
Re: Stormfront Stun Indicator 01/20/2005 02:28 PM CST
>Ok then, I'd like to see THAT fixed.

Me too=). Trib & Armifer probably don't read this folder, and they'd be the ones to fix it.

-Cliff