REsubmitted POST - request for TF 11/04/2007 10:48 AM CST
could you please set a toggle switch for those of us in TF that would prefer to have search tasks for the traditional DR-prime type items like vellums & statues and etc. Some of us really have no desire to look for belly button piercings,ANOTHER ACTUAL ITEM that is too "VULGAR" for these boards, or small vibrating balls. Its juvenile. really.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: REsubmitted POST - request for TF 11/04/2007 12:13 PM CST
>could you please set a toggle switch for those of us in TF that would prefer to have search tasks for the traditional DR-prime type items like vellums & statues and etc. Some of us really have no desire to look for belly button piercings,ANOTHER ACTUAL ITEM that is too "VULGAR" for these boards, or small vibrating balls. Its juvenile. really.

TF has bigger issues than this, and there is stuff on chatter more vulgar any day of the week. If work is getting done on TF it should be to add merchants or finish the extreme shop. Maybe you should just do tasks in prime if you care about this...
Re: REsubmitted POST - request for TF 11/04/2007 01:18 PM CST
<<TF has bigger issues than this, and there is stuff on chatter more vulgar any day of the week. If work is getting done on TF it should be to add merchants or finish the extreme shop. Maybe you should just do tasks in prime if you care about this...>>

Reposted for emphasis

Re: REsubmitted POST - request for TF 11/04/2007 01:37 PM CST
but isn't it more "Adult" and "Mature" this way....

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: REsubmitted POST - request for TF 11/05/2007 10:16 PM CST
I actually agree with gonif here. Its fine on chatter, but the vulger items in general are pretty stupid if you ask me. There are some unique ones that fit characters that are fine, but I dont think it belongs in the task system. But yes, if they are already in the system, please dont spend any time adjusting them, please spend time on (reopening) the extreme shop or other things before fixing these tasks.

Thanks
Re: REsubmitted POST - request for TF 11/05/2007 10:24 PM CST
what i was thinking of is not removing 'em altogether - for those who want 'em, fine and dandy, live and let live. But wouldn't it be possible to put 'em on some type of match table such as Odors/smells have <which has its own TF category>. So you can opt for the items or not.

and different gms have different projects, so one helping out with one project isn't gonna hurt us gettin fix to extreme shop. <by the way, where is it?>

thx.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: REsubmitted POST - request for TF 11/06/2007 02:36 AM CST
I'm sorry, but does it really offend you that much? It seems like you're complaining for the sake of complaining now. You can always go back to prime for doing tasks, it's not like there's a huge benefit to doing them and I truly doubt you're hard up for money over here. And if you are, I'll trade you a quarrel to the face for 100 plat. Would make us both happy.
Re: REsubmitted POST - request for TF 11/06/2007 06:27 AM CST
Worril, they already are in TF.

Schvartz, while its true that different GMs have different jobs, from my perspective it seems like there are relatively few GMs who are interested in doing TF specific work. I don't want to take those GMs away from other things they might do.

You ask where the Extreme Shop is? Well, I did find it, but it is being fixed. I'd hate to think something exciting like this would be delayed by such a non-issue.

For the record, when I raised the issue on chatter exactly no one supported your position, while upwards of 10 people mocked it. So this really is a minority viewpoint, and furthermore one I don't really understand. Your empath in TF doesn't even need to earn money, you have a ranger, and if you're really hard up for coin you could just ask someone.

One person mention on chatter that you might want the system to be identical so you could make a script for running tasks. I would hope you wouldn't propose a game change simply to make scripting easier, but I have seen it from other people countless times, so who knows...