Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
Task 08/04/2007 10:12 PM CDT
Getting 0 of something is probably not intentional.

Guildleader Agonar says, "I do have a small favor to ask. The ship's rat have been getting out of hand lately. Would you please go and eliminate oh, say 0 of them for me? The ones near Barana's Shipyard, Lumber Storage have been particularly nasty."

You look in your task journal and see the following entry:
The Barbarian Guildleader Agonar wants you to kill 0 more ship's rat near Barana's Shipyard, Lumber Storage.

E.
Re: Task 08/04/2007 10:23 PM CDT
It's just a really easy task?

Jaedren says, "Alas, no Khri Ronco (Set it and forget it!). Woe."
Re: Task 08/04/2007 10:24 PM CDT
street urchin says, "Thank you very much, Pal. I have a few things here for you, thank you so much for your help."
A street urchin hands you 252 Kronars.
>

It's not capitalising some of the first letters of this for me.

ie.

the Bard Leader Silvyrfrost says, "Here is the item, please get it to the Barbarian Guildleader Agonar as soon as possible."

but it seems to be random, so thought you might like to know.

Re: Task 08/04/2007 10:27 PM CDT
I did three task from Agonar. I think its great for younger players but wasn't really worth the money.

The Barbarian Guildleader Agonar says, "I do have a small task I'd like for you to perform. I have a small item that needs to be taken to the Bard Leader Silvyrfrost in The Crossing. Would you be willing to do that for me?"

Leader Silvyrfrost says, "Thank you very much, Drevid. I have a few things here for you, thank you so much for your help."
The Bard Leader Silvyrfrost hands you 405 Kronars.

The Barbarian Guildleader Agonar says, "I do have a small task I'd like for you to perform. I have a small item that needs to be taken to an old blind beggar in The Crossing. Would you be willing to do that for me?"

blind beggar says, "Thank you very much, Drevid. I have a few things here for you, thank you so much for your help."
An old blind beggar hands you 240 Kronars.

The Barbarian Guildleader Agonar says, "I do have a small task I'd like for you to perform. I have a small item that needs to be taken to Guildleader Annael Ebeshalek in The Crossing. Would you be willing to do that for me?"

Annael Ebeshalek says, "Thank you very much, Drevid. I have a few things here for you, thank you so much for your help."
Guildleader Annael Ebeshalek hands you 205 Kronars.

Drevid

Venic smiles as he sticks his copper bead in one nostril, covers the other one, and exhales forcefully, shooting the bead directly at Drevid!
Searching Task: near Barana's Shipyard, Working Yard 08/04/2007 10:47 PM CDT
Ok I have looked all around and can not find the working yard. Don't want people to tell me where, just want to make sure there is one. I have kneeled and searched every room in the shipyard, offices, construction yard, even the premium area. Just making sure this isn't a bug, and it is really here somewhere. There is like 5 other people searching around for the same area. Or have been, guess they either found it, or gave up. I am a bit stubborn.

Thanks,
Kaetilyne
Re: Task 08/04/2007 10:54 PM CDT
Issue with the beggar after he moves:

The blind beggar creaks to his feet and hobbles north.
>decline task
An old blind beggar says, "Very well, I guess you do not wish to help me."

Except, he had moved north.

Re: Searching Task: near Barana's Shipyard, Working Yard 08/04/2007 10:54 PM CDT
((( Ok I have looked all around and can not find the working yard. Don't want people to tell me where, just want to make sure there is one. I have kneeled and searched every room in the shipyard, offices, construction yard, even the premium area. Just making sure this isn't a bug, and it is really here somewhere. There is like 5 other people searching around for the same area. Or have been, guess they either found it, or gave up. I am a bit stubborn. )))

I thought the working docs went away when the ship yard was reconstructed.
Re: Searching Task: near Barana's Shipyard, Working Yard 08/04/2007 10:57 PM CDT
Yeah, never really explored the shipyard that much. Thought there used to be, thought I had lost my mind when I couldn't find it. Though the question remains, If there is no Working Yard, does that mean that I am unable to complete my task?

Thanks,
Kaetilyne
Question on Tasks 08/04/2007 11:21 PM CDT
Ok since I can't find this Working Yard in the shipyard, nor find the item in any room in the shipyard or around it. Does it affect anything to cancel a task? Decline a task, and how exactly are the hunting ones determined, seemed to be over my wimpy little head, the one they asked of me.

Thanks,
Kaetilyne
The little gnome trader
Re: Question on Tasks 08/04/2007 11:28 PM CDT
Which task is still telling you Working Yard?

It should say Lumber Storage, now.

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Re: Question on Tasks 08/04/2007 11:31 PM CDT
My task is:
a street urchin wants you to recover a worn gauntlet near Barana's Shipyard, Working Yard.

And a friend here searching with me is:
a street urchin wants you to recover a green ceramic figurine near Barana's Shipyard, Working Yard.

Thank ya,
Kaetilyne
Re: Question on Tasks 08/04/2007 11:34 PM CDT
Never mind, I see it.

You'll need to cancel that task (go to any task NPC and ASK {NPC} FOR TASK CANCEL) and then you can get another.

I have replaced that area choice with an avenue in Crossing.

-GM Obseden
Re: Question on Tasks 08/04/2007 11:36 PM CDT
Thank ye Obseden! I have been searching for an hour. ::blush::

Kaetilyne
Kill Boss Tasks 08/04/2007 11:47 PM CDT
I think I've exhausted all the NPCs in the Crossings, but haven't found any that give this type of task. I know of one up in Haven that does, but would rather stay down here for the moment. Has anyone found a kill boss task in crossing? To avoid spoilers you can just email me or IM me at Juason1. Thanks!

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Search Task and Inv 08/05/2007 12:28 AM CDT
The items I find from search task are becoming items in my inventory that can not be removed. For example the first three: figurine, rock and mirror.

>inv

You are wearing a green ceramic figurine, an intricately carved rock, a small hand mirror, some chalky white bone armor etched with a three-masted pirate ship, a cambrinth ring, a target shield emblazoned with a jester's jovial face, a sturdy backpack, a black gem pouch and a black cotton booty bag with braided leather drawstrings.
INVENTORY HELP for more options
>
Re: Search Task and Inv 08/05/2007 12:43 AM CDT
You can try INVFIX, see if that pulls them off for you.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Search Task and Inv 08/05/2007 12:50 AM CDT
((( You can try INVFIX, see if that pulls them off for you. )))

Nope. No luck.
Task Bug 08/05/2007 12:53 AM CDT
An old blind beggar says, "I do have a small favor to ask. A friend of mine recently lost a very precious mirror. He lost it in the area near Grassland Road, Meadow. If you could recover that for him I would greatly appreciate it.
[You may accept by typing ACCEPT TASK, or decline by typing DECLINE TASK]
>
>accept task

An old blind beggar says, "Thank you so much. Remember, you're looking for a small hand mirror. Oh, and you might find it better if you're kneeling."
>

>task

>
A town guard ambles east.
>task

>
>task

>
>ask beggar for task
An old blind beggar looks at you and says, "You are already on a task. Please complete that task, or you may ask to cancel the job by asking me FOR TASK CANCEL."

Going to try the task now, but thought it was curious that the task didnt pop up in my current task journal.

Jhanus
Re: Task Bug 08/05/2007 01:02 AM CDT
Just a follow up, task works fine, just didnt pop up in journal.

Jhanus
Re: Search Task and Inv 08/05/2007 01:05 AM CDT
You are wearing a small hand mirror, a gold-wrapped perfume flacon, an aged battle-worn weapon harness, a battered backpack with frayed straps, a tobacco

LOL...yep, no invfix for me either. I can tap it, but I'm not wearing or holding it so cant remove them or drop them

Jhanus
Re: Search Task and Inv 08/05/2007 01:11 AM CDT
I am having the same problem... With the some search tasks not showing up in the current task. And also the search items showing up in my inventory. Invfix isn't working. It didn't show up in my inventory until I turned it in to the beggar.
Kaetilyne
Re: Task 08/05/2007 03:47 AM CDT
>I think its great for younger players but wasn't really worth the money.

Totally worth the money for younger characters! It takes an awful lot of rat pelts or frog skins to pay for a crossbow or some decent armor or that cambrinth armband (or whatever else they need). But just a few tasks can buy a lot of basic equipment (pretty fast) for a little character.

I wouldn't do these tasks with, say, my 30th Ranger - who can go arrange blood wolves at about 350 Lirums per pelt - but it's wonderful for characters who don't have that kind of earning potential.

-Sawralir, who completed a couple of tasks and replaced her awful cutlass with a much better scimitar :-)
Re: Task 08/05/2007 06:00 AM CDT
Okay, I fixed the issue with the task not showing up in your task journal, and the items staying in your inventory after turning them in.

Kssarh should now work properly and give delivery tasks.

The creatures you are assigned is roughly based on your highest weapon skill, though there is a random involved. I bumped up the difficulty a bit when I released it for Premium preview, let me know how it's falling out.

And what exactly is the problem with the cleric guildleader? I have since locked the guildleader out from being a target of the delivery tasks, but I don't know what the problem is in the post.

-GM Obseden
Re: Task 08/05/2007 06:27 AM CDT
Blind beggar says, "I do have a small favor to ask. The moradu have been getting out of hand lately. Would you please go and eliminate oh, say 31 of them for me? The ones near Hara'jaal, Nardel Aesker have been particularly nasty."
[You may accept by typing ACCEPT TASK, or decline by typing DECLINE TASK]

The blind beggar creaks to his feet and hobbles east.

An old blind beggar says, "Very well, I guess you do not wish to help me."

He wasn't in the room when he said that.

~Aeth
Re: Task 08/05/2007 06:31 AM CDT
<<And what exactly is the problem with the cleric guildleader? I have since locked the guildleader out from being a target of the delivery tasks, but I don't know what the problem is in the post.

Assuming you are referring to post 19, I think the issue was that the first time he tried to enter the door he got the 'only guild members may have business' message, but was allowed inside to get a task the second time he entered the exact same command?
Re: Task 08/05/2007 06:34 AM CDT
the problem in the post is that he is not readily accessible like the other guildleaders.

you either have to be a cleric or have a cleric get you in the room in question.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Task 08/05/2007 08:07 AM CDT
>> Esuin

Esuin is no longer a destination for the delivery tasks since he is not reachable.

-GM Obseden
Re: Task 08/05/2007 09:43 AM CDT
>>Esuin is no longer a destination for the delivery tasks since he is not reachable.

Esuin is reachable just fine.

You don't need a cleric to get you in either...it just has always said that he doesn't want to be disturbed by non-clerics.

If you go door again you get in just like you would expect.

I am --- Navak
Re: Task System 08/05/2007 09:45 AM CDT
I've been playing with the task system in Plat and can't seem to deliver my package to a street urchin in Crossing. I keep getting:

>give urch
The urchin does not look like someone you wish to bother too much.

Sorry for the double post.
Re: Task System 08/05/2007 09:55 AM CDT
((( I've been playing with the task system in Plat and can't seem to deliver my package to a street urchin in Crossing. I keep getting: )))

give my package to urch

the other syntax does not work for one reason or another
Re: Kill Boss Tasks 08/05/2007 10:33 AM CDT
>> Has anyone found a kill boss task in crossing? To avoid spoilers you can just email me or IM me at Juason1. Thanks!

Haven't found any in Crossing. The only one we know about is Anthelorm in Haven.

Player of a few too many

Pol-i-tics (pol-i-tiks) n. 1. "Poli" meaning many. 2. "Tics" meaning blood-sucking insects.
Re: Task System 08/05/2007 10:38 AM CDT
The odd names are merchants in Haven.

Player of a few too many

Pol-i-tics (pol-i-tiks) n. 1. "Poli" meaning many. 2. "Tics" meaning blood-sucking insects.
Re: Kill Boss Tasks 08/05/2007 10:40 AM CDT
I know there are problems with the beggar and minstrel if they move out of an area. I'll be coding in a workaround at some point to have that properly message.

Here's a listing of what each current NPC will give:

An Old Blind Beggar kill critters, delivery, item recovery (critters), skins/pelts, item recovery (area)
a street urchin kill critters, delivery, item recovery, item rec (area)
the firewood peddler Mags foraging
a wandering minstrel delivery, foraging, item rec (area)
Anthelorm kill boss
Guildmaster Gauthus delivery
Guildleader Annael Ebeshalek delivery
the Ranger Guildleader Kalika delivery
the guild leader Kalag the Black delivery
the Bard Leader Silvyrfrost delivery
the Guildleader Kssarh delivery
the Barbarian Guildleader Agonar kill critters, delivery
the cleric leader Esuin delivery
the Trader Guildleader Ansprahv delivery
the Paladin Guildleader Verika delivery
old Maisie delivery, foraging, item rec (area)
Fara kill critters, kill boss, delivery, item recovery, skins/pelts
Ioun delivery, item recovery, item rec (area)
the Barbarian Guildleader Mo kill critters, delivery
the cleric leader Jelna Sarik delivery
Guildleader Nebela Mentrade delivery, foraging, item rec (area)
the Paladin Representative Remen delivery
the Ranger Journeywomen Ievia delivery
the master thief Crow delivery
the Trader Guildleader Willowbrook delivery
Guildmistress Karazhil delivery

-GM Obseden
Re: Kill Boss Tasks 08/05/2007 10:42 AM CDT
I assume Fara is also in Riverhaven.

Could a Kill Boss tasker be added to Crossing? I don't like to travel :P

Re: Task 08/05/2007 10:53 AM CDT
<<Okay, I fixed the issue with the task not showing up in your task journal, and the items staying in your inventory after turning them in.

Sorry, kind of dumb question, but is there any way for those of us with items still stuck to us to remove them ourselves, or is it something that will be fixed over time (I'm not in any real rush =) )? I can't seem to take the items off manually.

>tap flacon
You tap a gold-wrapped perfume flacon that you are wearing.
>remove flacon
You aren't wearing that.

Thank you in advance!

a befuddled,
Vaydra
Re: Kill Boss Tasks 08/05/2007 11:03 AM CDT
Kalag and Crow are impossible to reach for non-thieves. Has this been factored into the task possibilities, or will non-thieves simply have to cancel and move on?

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Kill Boss Tasks 08/05/2007 11:20 AM CDT
Guildleader Nebela Mentrade

I've gotten some foraging offers from Mentrade when asking for tasks, but I always have to turn them down. As a barbarian, I think I have some pretty decent foraging for my circle, but she's asking for things like muljin sap which is WAY over my abilities. Not a huge deal, easy enough to decline task and move on to next one, but is the system basing what foraging task you get on your circle, foraging skill, or is it simply all Mentrade needs so take it or leave it?

Jhanus
Re: Kill Boss Tasks 08/05/2007 11:36 AM CDT
heh.. muljin sap is not bad to find.. trying having to find bloodwood sticks... .that's all I get asked for... and my measly 195 in foraging and 397 in perception doesn't quite cut it.

Sothios Clan-Csencsits
Aesry Locksmith Union Representative
Re: Kill Boss Tasks 08/05/2007 01:05 PM CDT
>>Kalag and Crow are impossible to reach for non-thieves. Has this been factored into the task possibilities, or will non-thieves simply have to cancel and move on?

Similarly with Ansprahv in the trader guild.

Of all the delivery tasks I did when testing during Con and after, I never got one of these GMs as an ending point. So yes, this has been factored in.

It would seem they are all available (for members of those guilds) to receive a task.

Player of a few too many

Re: Kill Boss Tasks 08/05/2007 01:39 PM CDT
<<<heh.. muljin sap is not bad to find.. trying having to find bloodwood sticks... .that's all I get asked for... and my measly 195 in foraging and 397 in perception doesn't quite cut it.

Yeah, got the bloodwood sticks as well. And concidering I'm a rank or two below finding pine sticks, I think I'll pass up those tasks for a little while

Jhanus
Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7