Funnel Vision 03/02/2012 06:42 PM CST
any one have tips on this?

I can't even get it to 3 star and I feel like I've tried a ton of different combinations of defenses.

heroes waves come so fast I don't have time to generate mana to build enough defenses...
Re: Funnel Vision 03/02/2012 07:07 PM CST
My general strategy is to put a lot of lightning towers in the area above and below the end of the funnel (on the right, in the center). I've done this many different ways, but either perforator or floor spikes in the center itself, and either wall blades or wall press anywhere that works is very good. Sometimes I put catapults in the alcoves so that they shoot over the wall at the heroes coming in the top and bottom corridors, sometimes I use lava lobbers - but both of those are just over kill. Concentrating on the kill zone in those few tiles in the center where all the heroes are works nicely, with bomb and rock drop for when there are too many.

Hmmm.... trying to do this with minimum defenses and see if I get 3 stars:

mana
mana crab
lightning tower
tribal-ista
wall blades
floor spikes
bomb
rock drop

My final layout has wall blades everywhere that heroes walk that will take wall blades, two floor spikes in the center on the right, 6 lightning towers (3 above and 3 below the rightmost floor spikes), a couple of mana crabs wandering around, and about 7 mana crystals total on the top and bottom (right half of board). Haven't needed the tribal-ista at all. The heroes tend to wander into the kill zone and then wander out again, going through the wall blades multiple times. I bomb or rock drop when I can take out a bunch of them, or hit two epics at once.

It might work without the mana crab, but I haven't tried it that way. It's possible that it might work with tribal-ista instead of lightning tower but again I haven't tried it.
Re: Funnel Vision 03/02/2012 07:21 PM CST
This works for 3 stars:

mana
tribal-ista
floor spikes
wall blades
bomb
tar
rock drop
fire

Final layout has 12 mana crystals which is likely overkill, filling the top and bottom row on the right. Two floor spikes at the right of the center corridor, with 6 tribal-istas above and below. Wall blades everywhere I could put them. Bomb, rock drop, or fire when I have epics in the kill zone or a large group of heroes there.

Starting the layout, besides spamming mana, is two tribal-istas (ignore the heroes the first time they enter the kill zone - when they see those two tribal-istas blocking the path out of it, they turn around. Bomb or rock drop when they come back. Add floor spikes next, then work on the rest of the tribal-istas. After you have 4 tribal-istas you should have enough mana to start adding wall blades.