Twisty Passages, All Alike (Help please) 02/24/2012 05:15 PM CST
Hi All,

I have been benefiting from your sage wisdom for sometime. Anyway, I have achieved 3* in all of the Stronghold levels except this one, can't even get 1*. I assume it's fairly obvious, I just don't see it. By the end I have all of the wall saw spots filled, a many other variations on the other defenses later have not let me keep any treasure. Thanks for your help.
Re: Twisty Passages, All Alike (Help please) 02/24/2012 05:33 PM CST
I'm stuck here too. Just hadn't asked for help on it yet.
Re: Twisty Passages, All Alike (Help please) 02/24/2012 06:09 PM CST
Without posting the exact solution I came up with - some tips are:
(just read 1 or 2 if you don't want too much help)

1) Floor spikes do more damage then wall blades. You only need 1, maybe 2 wall blades on this level
2) You should still have ~500 gold left by the end if you do it right
3) Regular thieves generally can only disarm floor spikes if they can go to space without a a floor spike or wall blade already on it. Otherwise it takes them longer then the reload time of the blade/spike and they will get interrupted. So if you play this level correctly you don't need to worry about continually trying to replenish your floor spikes and that's how you will kill 95% of the heroes.
4) I only used 3 well placed Barricades
5) I used 1 or 2 mimics as a safety net
6) I used 1 gork, but you can get away with none
7) You do not need to scroll around the screen at all

These are my favorite kinds of levels, like the Tale of Two Roads, where they are like puzzles. Once you figure it out it's pretty easy. I am less a fan of "Boulderdash" and "The Long and the Short of It", which, even when you know the exact solution, it takes a lot of luck to get 3 stars. (Unless there is an easier solution to the "Long and the Short of It" that what is posted here). So you never really konw if you have figured it out without going to the forums to check.

Anyway I can post more info or a screenshot if the above info isn't enough.
Re: Twisty Passages, All Alike (Help please) 02/24/2012 07:10 PM CST
Either a description of where to place the barricades, or a screen shot, would be most helpful. I'm still having NO luck keeping the heroes out of my treasure on this level.
Re: Twisty Passages, All Alike (Help please) 02/24/2012 07:43 PM CST
Read as much as you want without giving it completely away and then I'll put a link to the screenshot.

1) Ignore the first half of the map.
2) Start with a wall blade at the top, then a wall spike to the right, then another blade
3) Use floor spikes the rest of the way.
4) Put a mimic or two at the entrance to treasure room to catch any stragglers.
5) Use barricades to make the longest walk possible from the top to the end.
First barricade: Put the first one at the bottom of the question mark shaped wall. That essentially cuts the map in half and makes all heroes head to the top section and start the walk of death you will create.
Second: At the top of the reverse L-shaped wall
Third: underneath the left part of that L-shaped wall.
6) Use a gork if needed to slow a hero down or take out a thief while your floor spikes are reloading.

Here's a screen shot if none of that makes sense.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t288/twalkabout/photo.png
Re: Twisty Passages, All Alike (Help please) 02/24/2012 08:09 PM CST
Thank you SO much for that screen shot! 3 stars! I did have to replace several of my floor spikes when thieves managed to disarm them anyway, but your strategy worked marvelously.
Re: Twisty Passages, All Alike (Help please) 02/25/2012 12:49 AM CST

Excellent assistance! Thank you.