Lovin It! 02/22/2012 03:55 PM CST

Much better! More of a challenge and I'm back to cussing at the screen. Nice work Gentlemen!
Re: Lovin It! 02/22/2012 04:11 PM CST
I've finished the non-challenge levels of Stronghold, and also loved them. I didn't find them too difficult either, just needed to think a bit - but I did plan strategies using defenses that those who had just finished Dungeon levels would not have available yet.

It's going to take a while (or hints) for me to figure out the 3 challenge levels. I haven't tried hard enough on those yet that I'm asking for hints. Want to see if I can do it myself first.
Re: Lovin It! 02/22/2012 04:35 PM CST
Well, good. The next one will be even more difficult, as it will bring all the Sorcerer's Keep defenses back into play.

...oh, and the Epic Cleric and Wizard. They'll be there too.
Re: Lovin It! 02/22/2012 07:16 PM CST
Epic Wizards... Epic Wizards everywhere.

-- Tiny Heroes Designer
Re: Lovin It! 02/23/2012 03:21 AM CST

Oh. Goodie.
Re: Lovin It! 02/24/2012 03:32 AM CST
Yay! That was fast! Can't wait to start playing :)

This new IAP have a problem...i only found out about these new levels by accident! I, and probably 95% of iOS users, only know that there is something new when the appstore alerts for updates. It could be Spring already without me noticing it! Dont want you to get jealous but i play other games as well :P

I suggest some "minor improvements" update just to alert the world :P - I should have been a marketing guru with all these ideas :D
Re: Lovin It! 02/24/2012 07:18 AM CST
I got a message from Carl about it. When you start the game, if Carl pops up, then there's news.
Re: Lovin It! 02/24/2012 09:18 AM CST

With respect I have to disagree. I am a massive fan of this game and almost tore my hair out with the gauntlet. But this new package I completed all on the first go except for the final challenge level and then on go number three. Can we please have some harder levels like in the gauntlet!! Awesome game though, thanks guys.
Re: Lovin It! 02/24/2012 10:58 AM CST
They can't please everybody. I don't like levels that make me tear my hair out, and it apparently is physically impossible for my hands to move fast enough to get even a single star on Katy Bar the Door (ok, I'm a grandmother, so my hands aren't as fast as they were 40 years ago). I don't like challenge levels; I like being able to use a variety of defenses, and figure out what a good set would be.

I assume that eventually there will be a campaign released that is horribly difficult, similar to Gauntlet, and I'll just pass on it, but you will be happy.
Re: Lovin It! 02/24/2012 09:04 PM CST
The Funhouses are far and away my favorite levels to both play and design. I love exploiting our game mechanics and coming up with a clever hook or gimmick that makes the game feel completely fresh and new. I enjoy the challenge of Gauntlet levels but they are a HUGE pain to make... they easily take 10 times longer to balance and get through QA.

We are constantly trying to balance our levels, not only within each one, but compared to all of its fellow levels, too. Our next campaign is already in the final stages of design, and I'd say it's a good deal harder than the Stronghold, but players are allowed to use mostly whatever defenses they like. All three challenge levels are downright devious, though! I made two of those three, and the design team is still trying to beat one of them. 0:-)

-- Tiny Heroes Designer
Re: Lovin It! 02/24/2012 09:13 PM CST
I'm looking forward to it!