Entering and Breaking 02/05/2012 05:43 PM CST

So. I've struggled with this one long enough...Would someone please share their success stories and tips? Thank you!
Re: Entering and Breaking 02/05/2012 06:42 PM CST
I'm stuck on this one too, can't even get one star on it. YET.
Re: Entering and Breaking 02/06/2012 03:53 PM CST

I just barely scraped by with one star, but i cant tell you how. I keep trying but someone always makes it out with at least one treasure.
Re: Entering and Breaking 02/08/2012 12:07 AM CST

I 3 starred this one yesterday, here's what I did:

1) start by putting 3 mana crystals in either the top or bottom corridors next to the mana pool. then put 3 ballistas 2 squares behind the mimic and keep on adding more ballistas from there. Whenever a thief opens one of the doors, close it, heroes mostly don't try to go there anyways, but they might try.

2) once you've got a few layers (2 or 3) of ballistas, start placing spikes then add more ballistas on the corridor that doesn't have any.

3) Now it's up to you, just keep replacing the ballistas and using the rock when you think it's a good time.

I hope this helps, if anyone has any questions about this feel free to ask. :)
Re: Entering and Breaking 02/08/2012 05:22 AM CST
Hooray! Three starred! Thanks so much!

The variation that worked for me was placing the ballistas in two rows (the row above the mimic and the row below it, starting at the treasure room). I kept spamming mana crystals in both the top and bottom corridors and ballistas in those two rows. Once I had lots of mana, I started placing spring traps near the treasure room for an eventual 3 spring traps, and floor spikes in front of the spring traps, all between the rows of ballistas.

Closing the doors (and replacing floor spikes) kept the thieves distracted until either the ballistas took them out or I could spot a time when I could take out a lot of heroes at once for the rock drop. The nicest thing was that if a hero or two got past me, the spring traps would give me a chance to place another ballista and floor spike. Having lots of mana crystals but no weapons in the top and bottom corridor meant that the few heroes that wandered in just wandered out again without trying to destroy all my mana crystals.

I also used the two protected areas near the front for mana, mostly because I'd had too many complete failures on this level where the heroes smashed all my mana crystals pretty early in the level (before trying this strategy though) so I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't get all my mana destroyed.
Re: Entering and Breaking 02/08/2012 07:49 AM CST

Aaaand complete.

When's the next campaign out again? :P
Re: Entering and Breaking 02/08/2012 01:27 PM CST
The next one is shaping up right now! It's in QA's hands as I type this.

-- Tiny Heroes Designer