What type of campaign is The Ruins? 01/31/2012 05:50 PM CST
Is this new campaign similar to Carl's Fun House and The Gauntlet, where they are all challenge levels, or is it more like Dungeon and Sorcerer's Keep where most of the levels are "anything you have unlocked goes"? I like playing Dungeon and SK, but don't like CFH and Gauntlet.

Of course, I'll have to get the game to tell me something other than "Purchase Failed. Cannot connect to iTunes Store". Is that a bug? My iPad isn't having problems with other internet connection activities.
Re: What type of campaign is The Ruins? 01/31/2012 06:05 PM CST
The Ruins is a mini campaign. It includes 7 levels that allow you to use any of the defenses you've unlocked up to this point(and the Defense Pack defenses!) and also includes 3 challenge levels with restricted defense allowances. It can be unlocked as soon as a player has completed the Dungeon campaign. All levels can be 3 starred using only the Dungeon defenses, though if you have completed the Sorcerer's Keep campaign, you will likely have a small advantage. ;)

A majority of the levels also include a new game play mechanic: Doors!

As far as your purchase issue, I've notified our coders and they're looking into it as I type this. Thank you for your continued support and all the helpful feedback you provide on our forums. We really appreciate it. :)

-- Tiny Heroes Designer
Re: What type of campaign is The Ruins? 01/31/2012 06:06 PM CST
Yeah, unfortunately that's an issue with the iTunes servers and not our app. It happens occasionally and usually resolves itself after a while.

Just keep trying! :)
Re: What type of campaign is The Ruins? 01/31/2012 06:26 PM CST
Thanks - sounds like I'll find it well worth buying. I'll keep trying.
Re: What type of campaign is The Ruins? 01/31/2012 06:45 PM CST
Is this an iPad-only campaign? (it's not showing up on my iphone)
Re: What type of campaign is The Ruins? 01/31/2012 06:46 PM CST
Have you updated the game yet? Need to get the update first.
Re: What type of campaign is The Ruins? 01/31/2012 06:46 PM CST
You need the latest update that just came out today, 1.4.
Re: What type of campaign is The Ruins? 01/31/2012 10:05 PM CST

Yes, I updated it a couple weeks ago. Just checked and there is no new update listed -

[pause 4 hrs while I finish up at work and go home]

ok, home now, checking again for new update.

OH! ALL OF A SUDDEN THERE IS A NEW TINY HEROES UPDATE. (Was I blind or did this not exist four hours ago? I checked specifically for Tiny Heroes earlier!)

oh boy oh boy, a new campaign!!!! thanks!
Re: What type of campaign is The Ruins? 01/31/2012 10:10 PM CST
OK, I updated; and now (1) there still is no Ruins campaign, (2) the game seems to have forgotten that I already bought Carl's Crazy Fun House, has lost my 3-star rating on it and is asking if I want to buy it again, (3) Carl's Crazy Fun House 2 (which I had also 3-starred) is now locked. Please fix?

update: Out of curiosity I bought Carl's Crazy Fun House a second time to see if that would somehow make Ruins magically appear. The game did seem to charge me another 99 cents (won't know till I check my credit card bill) and I did get access back to both Carl's campaigns (with my game stats intact) but, still no Ruins.
Re: What type of campaign is The Ruins? 02/01/2012 10:37 AM CST

"Purchase Failed. Cannot connect to iTunes Store". I have been getting this message since last night. If this is not fixed soon i will be foreced to actually work while im at work.
Re: What type of campaign is The Ruins? 02/06/2012 01:19 PM CST
I love TinyHeroes, it's definitely my favorite game on the iPhone. I was a bit disappointed because The Ruins is a very easy Campaign. The most fun I had was on The Dungeon, that was really challenging. The Ruins I finished in 30m almost straight without retrying.

Please, make the Workshop a very challenging campaign for hardcore player.

Congratulation on this very nice game!
Re: What type of campaign is The Ruins? 02/06/2012 01:59 PM CST
GROLUBAO if you found it that easy, PLEASE post how you solved the second and third Challenge levels.
Re: What type of campaign is The Ruins? 02/12/2012 04:01 AM CST
I'm 100% with GROLUBAO on that matter. After spending wonderful hours on the other campaings i found Ruins to be extremely basic. Really disappointing.

If you nedd help to solve any of The Ruins levels its because you havent finished any of the other campaigns.
Re: What type of campaign is The Ruins? 02/20/2012 05:16 PM CST
We are wrapping up a new 10 level campaign right now called The Stronghold. While still practical, the difficulty is definitely ramped up from what you saw in the Ruins.

-- Tiny Heroes Designer
Re: What type of campaign is The Ruins? 07/02/2012 02:39 PM CDT
Same here, having gone back to fully complete the dungeon and sorcerer's keep, and getting most of the achievements, i found the ruins easy too :/
The last two challenge levels took a few replays to 3 star, but nothing especially taxing
Re: What type of campaign is The Ruins? 12/04/2012 10:34 AM CST

If "3 stars" are what you are looking for, almost each level is easy. Try playing it with a look at highscores.