Wizard of Gauze, no mana 3-star strat. 02/14/2012 11:03 PM CST

The intro to wizards is easy--that is, if you have a privilege to place safe mana. Otherwise, it's a disaster. But I need to be in that daring zone and I fail each time because of a few leftover heroes. And why is this a loss? I want a real hard to get item, and I need to preform this to be close to it. I need 3 stars here, and if anyone has done this, help a guy out and reply.
Re: Wizard of Gauze, no mana 3-star strat. 02/15/2012 07:45 AM CST
I don't remember how I did it the first time, but I just managed to do it again, using this strategy.

Stock tribal-ista, bomb, wall blades, barricade, and rock drop. Fill in empty slots with whatever your favorite CHEAP defense is. Skeleton would be great if you have that unlocked. I was trying to do this with just the Dungeon defenses to see if I could, so I didn't include skeleton or lightning tower. Odds are lightning tower would be a better choice than tribal-ista even if it costs a bit more.

Don't bother defending that mana crystal. You have a mana pool, and if you stay cheap and smart that's all you need. Anything that heroes can destroy that is in the front room will get destroyed quickly, which uses precious mana. This includes floor spikes, because of the thieves.

1. Tribal-ista right behind the barricade. Just one, that's all that is needed.
2. Wall blades right in front of the barricade. Again, just one.
3. Lots of bombs, dropped right where the wall blades are, timed so that there is a very good chance of catching all the heroes for this wave. The wall blades and tribal-ista almost always finish off any that don't die immediately rather quickly.
4. If you have rock drop available, use that instead of a bomb, aimed up at the barricade, and timed so that you catch all the heroes from this wave. Rock drop is slow to recharge so odds are you will only get to use it two or three times. It's cheaper than bomb and takes out everything in its path that isn't epic (and there aren't any epics in this level) so a good choice.
5. When the barricade is destroyed, replace it. If a knight gets through, the tribal-ista should finish him off but if it doesn't replace the tribal-ista quickly. With luck you will only need to replace the barricade once.
Re: Wizard of Gauze, no mana 3-star strat. 02/15/2012 02:48 PM CST

Are you sure I can't stock ballistas in case? If any heroes get past the barricade I usually fail to take them out. Even with last minuet floor spikes.
Re: Wizard of Gauze, no mana 3-star strat. 02/15/2012 02:53 PM CST
"Fill in empty slots with whatever your favorite CHEAP defense is." Ballista counts.
Re: Wizard of Gauze, no mana 3-star strat. 02/18/2012 01:09 AM CST
Defending the mana crystal out front isn't that difficult. Only wizards attack it so just bomb any wizards you see coming in. If you time it right they never get a shot off on it.