Ranger Danger help 09/12/2011 04:43 PM CDT
I could use some hints for the Ranger Danger level. I've got the spring going for the Wall Press, but that's not enough.

Thanks!
Re: Ranger Danger help 09/12/2011 05:47 PM CDT
The easiest strategy to implement is to simply to keep building ballistas and walls on the upper part (and if you can unlock the tribalista it's even easier), and then block the lower area so that the enemies get crushed by the wall press. I often just used mana crystals down there as a makeshift wall...

Hope that helps...
Re: Ranger Danger help 09/21/2011 03:27 PM CDT

Worked! Thank you so much.
Re: Ranger Danger help 02/23/2012 07:14 PM CST
Not me! When I did it I lost like all of the other times!!!!!!!!
Re: Ranger Danger help 02/23/2012 07:52 PM CST
Place mana crystals as fast as you can near the treasure room, to block it off. This has two good reasons: lots of mana = lots of points for placing defenses, and if heroes get past your defenses the mana will slow them down while you try to kill them.

Put either a barricade or floor spikes behind the triballista, with a triballista or ballista behind that. You are going to lose that catapult, so just plan on putting another triballista or ballista in. I don't bother stocking catapults because they recharge so slowly. Floor spikes in front of the triballistas are a reasonable idea too.

Put either a mana crystal or barricade or even a tribal-ista/ballista right past the wall press at the bottom. The idea is to trap any heroes that come in that entrance long enough that the wall press finishes them off.

When a ranger comes, there are two strategies:
1. Place something cheap off to the side so that he gets distracted and blows it away, but not your main defenses.

2. Place your tribal-ista/ballista just past a corner, so that he can't shoot at it until he is right on top of it. If you have floor spikes where he will stand to shoot at your weapon, that's even better.

My goal is to keep the heroes trapped near the entrance (on the left or on the bottom) as long as possible. Sometimes they get through anyway near the end of the level, but by then I have the treasure room blocked off with mana crystals, so I can plant tribal-istas/ballistas or drop a bomb or something to take them out.

Bombs are GREAT. If rangers drive you nuts, then try dropping a bomb right before they walk in, so that it goes off in their face before they have done much damage, then the rest of the defenses can polish them off quickly.
Re: Ranger Danger help 08/02/2012 01:23 AM CDT
it did'nt work me either
Re: Ranger Danger help 08/02/2012 07:09 AM CDT
Try this video walkthrough: http://youtu.be/MGFLMB0FXys

Tcarr9's Tiny Heroes video walkthroughs are available on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Lordkalvanmidnight