3 stars on 21 wizards salute. 10/14/2011 12:39 PM CDT
I need 3 stars In this level.I only got 1 star. At least 1 epic wizard always breaks thru to the treasure room.
Re: 3 stars on 21 wizards salute. 10/14/2011 10:35 PM CDT
It's impossible to get more than 2 stars unless you glitch it and you wind up with 0.

I've 2 starred it and will not attempt 3 stars any longer until they either

a) fix the glitch with the gargoyles.
b) explain a solution without accidentally glitching.
Re: 3 stars on 21 wizards salute. 10/15/2011 06:33 AM CDT

I got three stars by placing wall press whenever and i mean whenever you can
Re: 3 stars on 21 wizards salute. 10/17/2011 03:45 PM CDT
The trickiest part of this level is that you can actually be "too good" at it. What I mean by that is, if you're quick and smart, and with a little luck, you can catch the regular wizards in an infinite loop by pingponging them between two or more statues. This isn't a glitch, it's a fully acknowledged and intended part of their design and the challenge of the level is balanced around this little quirk. It's fine and actually quite helpful to get all but the last regular wizard stuck in that infinite trap, but make SURE there's at least one left roaming around that can take out your Gargoyle Statues and ultimately free the frozen wizards.

A good rule of thumb for the level is to start your wall presses towards the entrance and work down the line. In order to ensure the epics don't make it through, you'll likely need to get at least 1-2 presses beyond the one pre-placed in the center of the corridor. It also helps if you save enough mana to put a gargoyle statue at the edge of your last press should a stray wizard make it through, but only place it once the wizard is in melee range so that the gargoyle's beam fires (The wizard will fire from a distance and prevent the statue from firing otherwise. The statue has a firing range of two cells but will only fire at targets within a single cell).

-- Tiny Heroes Designer
Re: 3 stars on 21 wizards salute. 10/18/2011 12:29 AM CDT
I 3 starred it without glitching it. Basically I took care when placing the wall presses to have them all operating at roughly the same time. This made it far far less likely that one of those bastards will walk through without getting hit.

Once I noticed you could control the 'press time' to sync it up, the 3 stars came pretty easily to be honest.