Game crashes at level select screen 09/23/2011 10:41 AM CDT
Hi folks,

I'm afraid I have a bit of a problem. I completed the Fun House (Whole lotta fun, prizes to be won), and went to download the Gauntlet - and my game crashed. Poop, thought I, for I think in kid-friendly swear words, and loaded it up again. Lo and behold, I went to the campaign screen, and it froze up. Only way to fix it is to either reboot the phone or to fully close the app (double-pressing button etc etc)... and then it just does it again.

And again.

And again.

Let's try level select, thought I. Nope, same problem. Every other screen works, tinypedia, achievements, options etc, but I can no longer play. As I'm sure you can imagine, this is a mite vexing. Any suggestions?
Re: Game crashes at level select screen 09/23/2011 12:14 PM CDT
Had you updated with the Update 1.1 release before this started happening? Also, you mention being on an iPhone. Which version and OS are you running?

--Simutronics QA Intern
Follow us on Twitter! @TinyHeroesGame
Re: Game crashes at level select screen 09/23/2011 12:37 PM CDT

Yep, I've got the 1.1 update. I'm using a 3GS on the 4.x OS.
Re: Game crashes at level select screen 09/23/2011 12:42 PM CDT
We know what is causing the crash and will be submitting a v1.1.1 Update today.

A work around to the crashing is to try rebooting your device or doing an uninstall/reinstall. Unfortunately if you do the uninstall/reinstall fix, you will lose your game progress so please be aware of that.

--Simutronics QA Intern
Re: Game crashes at level select screen 09/23/2011 12:54 PM CDT

I've tried the reboot, and I'd rather not lose my progress - I'll wait for the update. Thanks for the response!
Re: Game crashes at level select screen 09/23/2011 02:01 PM CDT
After a little more discussion, we're not sure that the coming 1.1.1 Update will clear up the issue you're having. I apologize for misspeaking earlier on that. That Update should address the issue where you have a crash at the splash screen.

Unfortunately, my best advice for your issue would be to do an uninstall/reinstall. While I can sympathize with not wanting to lose your game data, you may well end up waiting for the Update and then not have it fix your issue.

--Simutronics QA Intern
Re: Game crashes at level select screen 09/24/2011 03:30 AM CDT

...ugh :/