The Ruins Not working? 02/01/2012 05:12 PM CST

Can someone help me please! I'm not sure if i'm in the right category but whenever i click on the ruins campaign it says "Purchase failed- Cannot connect to iTunes Store". I know it's not my wifi because I was able to buy the gauntlent and Carl's crazy fun house 2 so I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing?

Please Help!
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/01/2012 05:20 PM CST
We've been hearing that a fair amount, and we're fairly certain the problem is with the iTunes Store, not with our stuff.
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/01/2012 06:22 PM CST
I'm getting that consistently as well, even immediately after I paid for Carl's Fun House (which I had already completed, so if I had any patience I could have waited for the new release and gotten it back for free).

Is there any way to buy The Ruins through iTunes, directly, from my PC? Then I could just sync my iPad.

soooo looking forward to these new levels...
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/01/2012 06:28 PM CST
Unfortunately, I am not aware of any such way. Hopefully Apple will get its stuff sorted out. :(
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/02/2012 03:51 AM CST

I managed to download it this morning!
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/02/2012 03:57 AM CST
Me too finally - huzzah!
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/02/2012 01:03 PM CST
Huzzah indeed!
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/02/2012 08:26 PM CST
I'm kind of appalled... Do I have to repay for all of the campaigns that I had already beaten for free....? If so... really...
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/02/2012 09:16 PM CST
Be patient and you will NOT need to pay for the campaigns that you already had previously. There's another update coming that fixes that bug.
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/11/2012 11:54 PM CST

Still unable to purchase the ruins. It hangs for about a minute and came with the iTunes error. However I can do a restore of my old purchases (defenses pack) which asks for my iTunes account password so it has to be a problem with the app or with some sort of data that is cached.

Any clue?

Should I try removing and reinstalling? Will doing that no purge all my old maps?
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/12/2012 07:34 AM CST
Removing and reinstalling will wipe your progress on all the maps, so that's a last resort for sure. Check that you have version 1.4.1 installed; you might have missed the most recent update.
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/13/2012 06:11 PM CST

I have the latest. Checked for the feb version.
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/13/2012 10:19 PM CST

Anyone know if I buy the ruins on my iPhone if I can do a restore on my iPad for the level?
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/13/2012 10:43 PM CST
If it's the same Apple account, it should work.
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/13/2012 11:04 PM CST

Thanks, let's give it a try...
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/13/2012 11:39 PM CST
That it

Cool. Got the ruins. I have all the other levels on the iPad because I bought this when it first came out. How can I get these levels on the iPhone where I just started playing?
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/14/2012 07:30 AM CST
Does restore purchases not work on the iPhone?
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/14/2012 11:11 AM CST
These are the levels that were free before the app went free. I can restore the purchases on the iPhone, but I would like to restore the other levels as well.
Re: The Ruins Not working? 02/16/2012 12:29 PM CST
The grandfathering that was done for those who previously unlocked the paid campaigns only applies to the devices they were unlocked on. Tiny Heroes wasn't designed to be able to have the progress on one device be credited to another.

Additionally even if you are grandfathered, resetting the game progress or uninstalling will remove you from being grandfathered.

--Simutronics QA Intern
Follow us on Twitter! @TinyHeroesGame