Bug with the update? 02/01/2012 12:39 AM CST
I just updated and found I have to repay for the previous packs I downloaded... All of them. I believe they might have been free before, the gauntlet and carl's fun house and such. Is it a bug or do I have to for levels that were previously free or paid for? The weapons pack is still present. I would just like to know why the old packs are no longer available to play without paying for those early supporters.
Re: Bug with the update? 02/01/2012 03:19 AM CST

Yeah, I found that a little weird - the game made me purchas CCF1, but seemed to have CCF2 and the Gauntlet still.

Also, I can't grab the Ruins. Every time I try it says "Can't connect to iTunes store".
Re: Bug with the update? 02/01/2012 03:20 AM CST
If you got them when they were free, and they got wiped out during the update (I think something to do with iOS 5's new caching policy) then that would create a situation that isn't handled well now that they are paid in-app purchase items. It certainly wasn't our intention to make you buy them if you already had them... and in fact, if the whole thing where downloadable content is being dumped during an update wasn't happening, this wouldn't be a problem. The combination of those two things seems to have gotten us into a pickle.

I apologize, and we're scrambling to figure out how to address the issue.

-- David
Re: Bug with the update? 02/01/2012 03:22 AM CST
The "Can't connect to iTunes" thing is likely on Apple's side... not really sure how we can be a part of that issue. I can say that purchases are going through (our metrics do show it) so it is odd that is happening to some people. We're looking into it. But it may be just you have to try again later with that... the whole IAP thing is a black box we don't have much insight into.

-- David
Re: Bug with the update? 02/01/2012 03:54 AM CST
I think we have a solution, which will require another update to implement. It's 4am here... so will have to circle around with the team tomorrow and see if we can make it work. In the mean-time, bear with us. Don't delete the app (because that'll wipe out your progress record and then there is no getting the campaigns back in a free state).

-- David
Re: Bug with the update? 02/01/2012 04:35 PM CST
yeah...altought it isnt expensive dont feel like paying twice for the same thing :P

David, dont give up on the game. Its the best tower defense ever for iOS (so far). Plants vs zombies (a good game) is much more limited than tiny heroes and 3D defense games are way too fuzzy. Its just a matter of marketing. Or at least dont give up on tower defense games :) you can create several games with different themes based on the same platform. You have Skills sir! Good luck!
Re: Bug with the update? 02/01/2012 04:40 PM CST
An update from our office:

We've been hammering on the edge cases surrounding this bug, but we're confident that we can have an update to submit to Apple by the end of the day. And then hopefully it'll get through the approval process ASAP (unfortunately, we have no control over that part).

Rest assured, we're on the case, and we think we've got a solution that won't cause anyone to have to pay for things twice, or pay for things they already had. So for now, the best I can say is this: Don't uninstall the app or reset your progress. The fix we're working on will get you righted without that.
Re: Bug with the update? 02/01/2012 05:46 PM CST
I downloaded the update last night and after I installed it I noticed the problems with the campaigns I had already unlocked being in-app purchases, I figured the update was corrupt somehow so I deleted the game and reinstalled it. I just wanted to ask, for someone like myself who has already deleted the game am I going to have to buy all the campaigns I already unlocked for buying the game before it went free, or when the update rolls out will it somehow revert to how it was before?
Re: Bug with the update? 02/01/2012 06:12 PM CST
Unfortunately, if you have deleted the game outright, then we cannot restore any campaigns you downloaded for free.

On the plus side, we submitted the bugfix to Apple about 15 minutes ago, so now we just have to wait for them to approve it! That fix ought to make sure that nothing like this ever happens again, unless Apple changes their code for managing DLC storage on devices again.
Re: Bug with the update? 02/02/2012 09:49 AM CST

Great news that the bug fix has been posted. I'm checking the iTunes store periodically to see when it shows up.

I actually dreamed last night that I'd downloaded the update successfully and was finally playing Ruins. Then I woke up and it was all just a dream... yeah, maybe I've been probably been playing Tiny Heroes too much.
Re: Bug with the update? 02/02/2012 11:44 AM CST
I got around the "crash when trying to do QuickPlay" bug by purchasing Carl's Fun House 1, which I had already completed. Seems it didn't have any problems with Gauntlet or CFH2, because while I had started them, I had not yet completed them. IMO, worth spending 99 cents to not have to wait several days!
Re: Bug with the update? 02/02/2012 02:24 PM CST
Thanks for working to get the DLC thing corrected! I love the game, and felt slighted when I though I'd have to pay for previous content. Please keep up the great work, I look forward to purchasing the new DLC!
Re: Bug with the update? 02/09/2012 07:49 AM CST
Update 1.4.1 is in the app store now. This is supposed to fix the problem with missing campaigns.
Re: Bug with the update? 02/12/2012 04:22 AM CST
Yeah! It's fixed ;)